Arthur C. Clarke.. R.i.p

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
ARTHUR C. CLARKE: Sir Arthur C. Clarke has died in Sri Lanka at the age of 90.

A very inspirational man, Ive read lots of his books & imo he was a visionary genius who had ideas far ahead of his time.

R.I.P.

Bicnarok
cWnmCu3U09w

Shakyamunison
He was a great writer. sad

WrathfulDwarf
This is indeed very sad news.

R.I.P Arthur C. Clarke.

sad

Robtard
Is it full of stars?

I'll be truthful, dude lived to 90, that's a decent run imo. So I really don't care.

Deja~vu
How can that be? I just talked with him yesterday.. confused

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Robtard
Is it full of stars?

I'll be truthful, dude lived to 90, that's a decent run imo. So I really don't care.

yep 90 is a good innings.

& no one cares IF you care or not to be honest.

Its just a bit of a loss that someone with such a great imagination has left this dimension.

K-Dog
Definitely a neat man. He had several patents for ortibital satellites to his name during his research days, and was a big sci-fi writer, plus he had an older tv program that featured unexplained/paranormal stuff. A lot of younger people won't recognize him but he did a lot.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bicnarok
yep 90 is a good innings.

& no one cares IF you care or not to be honest.

Its just a bit of a loss that someone with such a great imagination has left this dimension.

Good point... to take it one step further, Clarke doesn't care that I don't care and he doesn't care that you and others (may) care, since he's dead. Not that anyone is actually serious when they show grief in threads like this.

dadudemon
Good point... to take it one step further, Clarke doesn't care that I don't care and he doesn't care that you and others (may) care, since he's dead. Not that anyone is actually serious when they show grief in threads like this.

Cynical much?

Yup. He had a good run. I hope to live to 90 in good health, too. His works will be remembered for a long time.

Robtard
Even though it's cliche', the older I get, the more I am. I think in another 5-10 years, I'll be equal parts piss to vinegar.

My point, celebrate the man, he lived to 90; he's an accomplished author who's work will outlive all of us. This "RIP" and "my heart goes out to his families colon" doesn't make any sense to me, at all.

dadudemon
Even though it's cliche', the older I get, the more I am. I think in another 5-10 years, I'll be equal parts piss to vinegar.

I thought it was kind of funny, myself. Cynicism mixed with double talk usually makes for a good laugh in a movie.

.......equal parts "piss and vinegar" :laugh"

My point, celebrate the man, he lived to 90; he's an accomplished author who's work will outlive all of us. This "RIP" and "my heart goes out to his families colon" doesn't make any sense to me, at all.

Yeah, I have a hard time regretting when really old people die...death almost becomes a reward after a certain point.

WTF!!! l"my heart goes out to his families colon"? HAHAHAHAHA! laughing laughing laughing

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Bicnarok
ARTHUR C. CLARKE: Sir Arthur C. Clarke has died in Sri Lanka at the age of 90.

A very inspirational man, Ive read lots of his books & imo he was a visionary genius who had ideas far ahead of his time.

R.I.P.
I have no idea who that is but..rip dude.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean

Look him up and read some of his books, like 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Robtard

Along with Reinhard Heydrich and Adolf Eichmann, he was the key player in carrying out Hitler's "Final Solution", so good going Kelly, you just wished peace on a monster, *******.

BruceSkywalker
He was an excellent writer. I have most of his work. Truly a talent. He will be missed.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Never read it.
Along with Reinhard Heydrich and Adolf Eichmann, he was the key player in carrying out Hitler's "Final Solution", so good going Kelly, you just wished peace on a monster, *******.
Boohoo.

Alpha Centauri
Never read it.

That would be why he said:

"Look him up and read some of his books, like 2001 A Space Odyssey. ".

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That would be why he said:

"Look him up and read some of his books, like 2001 A Space Odyssey. ".

-AC Oh you and your silly logic.

Devil King

My mother said she didn't become a racist until she turned 50. I honestly don't think she is a racist, but I think she feels like it's her job to play one on TV.

Admiral Akbar

And the book "Rendezvous with Rama" which I recently read. Great book! Sad day indeed.

Jbill311

...THE HELL? evil face

I'm only 15 and I know who it is. Read a book. Happy Dance

Bicnarok
Not that anyone is actually serious when they show grief in threads like this.

No one is grieving, lying on the floor crying their eyes out and contemplating throwing themselves off a bridge, correct.

I think people can be allowed to appreciate someone who wrote some excellent entertaining books though. Ive never met the man but Ive had hours of pleasure reading his books.

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
And the book "Rendezvous with Rama" which I recently read. Great book! Sad day indeed.

Yep excellent book, a good recomendation.
The imagination especially in discribing the inside of the ship is amazing.

ragesRemorse
didnt he write that one movie where the sun was actually a giant baby or somethin...

Bardock42
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
didnt he write that one movie where the sun was actually a giant baby or somethin...

I suppose you didn't understand 2001 A Space Oddyssey, otherwise I am not sure what you are talking about.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Bardock42
I suppose you didn't understand 2001 A Space Oddyssey, otherwise I am not sure what you are talking about.

yeah, 2001 thats the one

thanks laughing out loud

Doogle
Don't know him so don't care.

big gay kirk
first proper sf i read was Islands in the Sky, when i was seven... great author... rereading his stuff now... expedition to earth was a;ways my favourite

AngryManatee
Last book I read of his was Childhood's End. Pure excellence.

Quiero Mota
2001 A Space Odyssey.

Have you ever seen that movie high?? shock

Bardock42
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Last book I read of his was Childhood's End. Pure excellence. Yeah, probably my favourite. I got me "The Complete Stories of" a while back, and there are some excellent short stories in there. Really enjoyable author in my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.