Excalibur vs. The Authority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Original Line up, vs. Original Line up

Endrict Nuul
The Authority

rougeredmage
i have great faith in Caps ability to get out of any situation especially if he has phoenix to back him up

guy222
bumprav

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
The Authority

Stomps

LordKaos
Excalibur

DigiMark007
I don't even know what original line-up means, for either one of these (though I have an idea for Authority).

LordKaos
original Excalibur Captain Britain, Phoenix, Meggan, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Lockheed, Widget.
original Authority Jenny Sparks, Apollo, Midnighter, the Doctor,Engineer, Jack Hawksmoor, Swift.

DigiMark007
Phoenix? Like, THE Phoenix?

guy222
One of Rachel's feats includes defeating Necrom

Digi, how powerful is the Doctor and Jenny

CaptainStoic
I have to go with Excaliber, Meagan at her most powerful is a very scary thought. When you add Phoenix to the equation we're talking world wrecking capabilities at the very least.

Originally posted by guy222
One of Rachel's feats includes defeating Necrom

Digi, how powerful is the Doctor and Jenny

Yeah Digi I want to know this as well.

DigiMark007
Glad my opinion matters. It's good to see people realizing what I've known all along....that's I'm awesome.

big grin

Anyway. Ego-trip aside, this version of Jenny (original) is in her 20th century incarnation. Jenny Sparks. Control over anything electricity, including a couple feats of messing with brain function by shutting down synapse firings, but nowhere near Quantum's level. She's high meta, low herald if we're generous and she has a large electrical power source.

Problem is, there's more low-powered characters on Excalibur. Brian, Meggan, and Phoenix are formidable, but MN'er and Swift are the only non-heralds of the bunch on the Authority (assuming we're in a city for Jack, though the thread-starter said nothing about it). And MNer is the rare low meta who can legitimately hang around with higher powers without dying quickly. He's not a major player, but he's more of a factor than, say, NCer or Widget.

Doctor's still a sub-Skyfather, any version of him. Him and a phoenix avatar would be wild. Phoenix has more potential, but showings of various avatars (Jean, Rachel, etc.) vary wildly.

So imo, it comes down to how much stock you put in phoenix. If you think she'd take Doctor, Excalibur wins. Otherwise, even if they stalemate for a long time, Authority stomps the rest. Brian and Meggan could maybe handle any 2 of Apollo, Angie, Jack, Jenny...but not all of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.