The Wolfman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Saw nothing when I did a search. Remake of the original. Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt and Hugo Weaving all star. Thoughts? Opinions? Here are a couple of pictures from the upcoming film...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/WOLF.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/WOLF2.jpg

suprmanvsbatman
Is that Benicio Del Toro under there lol he suits it :P

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by suprmanvsbatman
Is that Benicio Del Toro under there lol he suits it :P

Yes it is..

suprmanvsbatman
wow Im actualy quite excited to see this, wonder if it will be any better than the original.

MildPossession
I'll be there to see it.

Impediment
Lon Chaney pwns all.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Lon Chaney pwns all.

QFT

Wolfie
Being a big fan of the original, I'm actually looking forward to this. The Wolf Man is long overdue for a remake after remakes of Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Mummy.

And a great cast too. I have high hopes for this one.

Kazenji
Got a release date for it now

its gone from November 6th to now February 12, 2010.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11222

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji

thats good, they can work on the cgi effects

roughrider

Clear evidence the film has problems. It's been delayed at the production stage once already.

MildPossession
The wolf effects apparently didn't get a good reaction, laughed at...

Robtard
"We can't tell you exactly why Universal has made the shift. It could be due to the additional shooting that occurred earlier this year that reportedly involved FX artist Rick Baker. The radical release date bumps (original from April to November now next year) don't bode well buzz-wise. Here's hoping for the best!"

Rick Baker has come on board, bodes well for the film.

Kazenji
Wolfman Trailer

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11475

BruceSkywalker
Wolfman Trailer

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11475

looks decent

super pr*xy
must see..

rockycairns
Saw the trailer yesterday and it definitely looks interesting, I like Benicio Del Toro, great actor and Anthony Hopkins of course.

SnakeEyes
This movie actually looks like it could be really cool. That said, I have no idea if it'll actually be good, but the trailer got me interested at least.

Scythe
Neat lookin' movie.

Mr. Rhythmic
The classic was one of my favorites as a child. I want to watch it again before seeing this one.

Kazenji
New trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thewolfman/

Kazenji
Found out when he's in his Wolf Form Gene Simmons will be doing the voice.

MildPossession
That score for Dracula is fantastic, so I think the music from Danny Elfman would have been wonderful if it's along those lines, instead they go with Paul 'Underworld' Haslinger... nothing memorable at all from this composer.

jayce78
Originally posted by MildPossession
That score for Dracula is fantastic, so I think the music from Danny Elfman would have been wonderful if it's along those lines, instead they go with Paul 'Underworld' Haslinger... nothing memorable at all from this composer.

You never know? It could be , well see. But if Elfman can do something beyond his standard fanfare , much less mimic Wojciech Kilar's beautiful score for 1992's Dracula , than hot damm! I'd like to hear that.

jayce78
AICN Exclusive: WOLFMAN poster!!! It's very Film Noir...

Hey folks, Harry here with the debut of the killer film noir-esque 1 sheet of the WOLFMAN!!! Now earlier today the good folks at Cinematical were given the Emily Blunt poster - and now we have the coose-up Benicio as the WOLFMAN poster. If you read my interview with Joe Johnston - you'll see that part of what Joe was going for with this WOLFMAN is a film noir aspect. Now the film is of course color, but it does play with dark shadows and stark lighting in spots. So - what do you think of the two posters thus far? I think there're pretty great.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6499/wolfmanposter2.jpg

Kazenji
Danny Elfman is back

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13742

Blinky
I'm looking forward to this- either way. I hope Elfman does the score though. I'll prolly be seeing this in the theatres opening night.

MildPossession
Ah good to see Elfman back!!

SnakeEyes
Man, this film has gone through editing and composing hell, with a solid delay in there to boot. I really hope it turns out well, but these are not good omens.

Not to mention I almost lost all faith in Elfman after his god-awful Terminator: Salvation "score."

MildPossession
Not his best score no.

Mr Parker
New trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thewolfman/

this movie looks great.am looking forward to it.However I wont get TOO excited about it after Sherlock Holmes did not live up to the greatness of its trailer. sad

kevinash
A film of sometimes uncertain greatness that is nonetheless the most entertaining and effective Universal monster movie since Bride of Frankenstein.

BruceSkywalker
a few more days until i see this

Kazenji
Lets hope it lives up to the greatness of the trailers.

tevaz87roni
I watched the trailer.
Looks awesome

Robtard
Considering it's been pushed back several times, it's probably going to suck unwashed ass. Sad, really, as I like the monster, the setting and the actors.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Considering it's been pushed back several times, it's probably going to suck unwashed ass. Sad, really, as I like the monster, the setting and the actors.

i thought so too, so i hope i am wrong

Ms.Marvel
i thought it was alright... the pacing seemed kinda off and it scared me though a couple scenes made me jump embarrasment

Kazenji
I quite like it too.. maybe it was'nt the big blockbuster movie everyone was after but eh it was okay and it seems to have left it open for a sequel.

Ms.Marvel
hmmmmm well kinda i guess i dont think the inspector guy has what it takes to go wolfman though... because he was bitten hed essentially be the next main character and im not sure that character can carry a movie.

i did like all of the characters in this film except for the girl although i didnt care for any of them. the only scene that really bugged me was the werewolf fight at the end

Kazenji
Over at Rotten Tomantoes it has a 30% rating but yet over at IMDB it has 7.7/10.

TheMagicPillow
I looooooved this movie. Thought it was fantastic.
I'm a huge werewolf guy though.

jaden101
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow

I'm a huge werewolf guy though.

What?...Like Teenwolf?

I'd freak out if I saw a bit hairy werewolf man at the cinema.

super pr*xy
saw it las night. it was ok. the transformation scenes were cool.

Kazenji
Originally posted by super pr*xy
it was ok. the transformation scenes were cool.

I agree on that

hope Joe Johnston does a little better with Captain America.

crystallake
Ehhhhh... This wasn't nearly as good as it could and SHOULD have been. It wasn't terrible but it was pretty boring in parts, and the ending was lame. I really thought this was going to be a majorly awesome blockbuster and the start of a new franchise, but now, there's no way that's gonna happen.

With Scorsese's "Shutter Island" opening this weekend and the awesome-looking remake of George Romero's "The Crazies" coming out next Friday, it looks like Zombies will beat Werewolves this go-around (Because, you know... "The Crazies" has people acting like zombies, and "Shutter Island" has Leonardo DiCaprio. Who just SEEMS like a zombie. :P )

Robtard
No, Werewolf Vs Zombie, werewolf will almost always win, going by movie-feats.

Leonardo is one of the better actors in his age-range, son. Don't know what your beef is with him.

super pr*xy
besides hannibal werewolf, there's a gollum cameo.. win-win!

TheMagicPillow
I don't understand why people didn't like the ending. Werewolf vs. Werewolf = awesome in my book.

crystallake
No, Werewolf Vs Zombie, werewolf will almost always win, going by movie-feats.

Well, if you REALLY want to get technical... Technically, the baddies in "The Crazies" aren't zombies - they're just infected humans. And going by movie-feats, humans pretty much always beat werewolves, soooooo...

See? "The Crazies" will beat "The Wolfman" at the box office! It's logic. laughing out loud

siriuswriter
anthony hopkins makes any film at least one star better...

dadudemon
Watched the film. It was "meh". I give it a 5 out of 10. Probably better than anything else playing except Shutter Island. There were some good parts, but it seemed to lack, hugely, on developing the lore and the characters. Some of the lines were horrible: "It takes a monster to kill a monster." I literally faceplamed, it was so cheesy. There were probably 5 other lines, just like that. Oh, and when the werewolf jumped over the Scotland yard folks, Agent Smith said, "Dear God, help us all." I groaned and sighed and facepalmed through the back of my head. del Torro sucked horribly as the lead actor and almost ruined the film. However, that's more a problem with the director, imo. Surely the directly could have altered some of his retarded lines, just slightly, to NOT be so retarded. Surely he could have reshot a scene where del Torro does his line like an idiot from a very low-budget B film.

Hopkins was good, as well as Emily Blunt.

The film had several shots/scenes that were remarkably close to the original one "The Wolf Man. (1941)" it was nice and violent at some parts, as it should have been.

About Emily Blunt: She was very attractive in this film. She seemed delicate yet strong. Hard to describe, but her character was very well done. I thought her outfits, except for the gray one she wore in the last scene, were VERY nice. They were dark/gothic, yet elegant. Sounds gay, I know, but say what you want: what a woman wears can change how attractive or not she is. I liked the time setting for this film, as well. I think I'm falling in love with this era of humanity. I also like steam-punk. I may have to pen a script in this era.

Bonus: The douche sitting next to me jumped at every single cheesy scare moment. it actually got annoying, after a while. When the dog jumps out of the dark, he almost jumped straight up into a standing position: stupid douche a**hole...get a grip and stop being sucy a pansy idiot. /rant

K.Diddy
beer I got my hands on a dodgy copy of this movie today, the picture quality sucks,but if I can bear that,I will watch it soon

BruceSkywalker
just came from watching this finally..

i liked it, but not as much as i love the original..

K.Diddy
Originally posted by K.Diddy
beer I got my hands on a dodgy copy of this movie today, the picture quality sucks,but if I can bear that,I will watch it soon

beer I tried to watch it last night but the picture quality was terrible,guess I will just wait for it too come out on dvd,**** copied movies,I have given up on them

Scythe
Haha, this made me chuckle abit.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/taylor-lautner-fan-letter-to-universal-your-wolfman-ripped-off-twilight-9247

How dare Twilight get ripped off, seeing as how they invented werewolves....

dadudemon
Originally posted by Scythe
Haha, this made me chuckle abit.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/taylor-lautner-fan-letter-to-universal-your-wolfman-ripped-off-twilight-9247

How dare Twilight get ripped off, seeing as how they invented werewolves....

OMG.

That is one of the most worth facepalm e-mails I've seen in a while.

Robtard
Sad part, she's probably too stupid to ever realize just how naive and stupid she is.

BackFire
Movie was really crap. Cool gore. Just about worthless in every other aspect.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Movie was really crap. Cool gore. Just about worthless in every other aspect.

Damn it, I was hoping for a decent werewolf film after the shit Hollywood as dished out these last couple of years, Underworld and Twilight.

(unless of course I'm forgetting some good werewolf film?)

RocasAtoll
Ginger Snaps and Dog Soldiers.

I'm probably not going to see this.

Robtard
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Ginger Snaps and Dog Soldiers.

I'm probably not going to see this.

Dog Soldiers, forgot about that one, was cheesy, but decent.

Will have to look into Ginger Snaps.

jaden101
Soooo...I was right....again.

People really should listen to me more...They'd save themselves a fair bit of money.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
Soooo...I was right....again.

People really should listen to me more...They'd save themselves a fair bit of money.

Alright, what's your Scottish-sense telling you about the Clash of The Titans remake?

RocasAtoll
Dog Soldiers, forgot about that one, was cheesy, but decent.

Will have to look into Ginger Snaps.
Just remember before going in it's an exploration of female puberty.

Robtard
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Just remember before going in it's an exploration of female puberty.

Hmm, is it anything like Teeth (2007)?

RocasAtoll
Kinda. Teeth focused pretty heavily on sex, while Ginger Snaps goes broader.

Davis Bloome
I saw this film opening day & thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it was well worth the three year wait, and I thought it was a great return to old gothic horror films. It was truly in the vein of the original, with a few changes here & there. Overall, I'm disappointed it didn't do better at the box office.

That ACDC Chick
watched this for the first time last night with my mom
it was really good yes

Menetnashté
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
watched this for the first time last night with my mom
it was really good yes
It was okay, could've done better without that fight at the end

That ACDC Chick
i thought it was okay, i just didnt like the whole "set the mansion aflame" thing, it was kinda predictable IMO

NemeBro
It was so alright I was okay with it.

The fight was incredibly cheesy though. It's like that was the last thing they did, and that was when the budget ran dry.

K.Diddy
beer I brought this last week,Have not seen it yet though

marwash22
Transformations were cool, everything else sucked. It was incredibly boring.

ADarksideJedi
I think they should had not remade this movie.The classic one was really creepy and perfect!

Mr Parker
I just saw this movie for the very first time.Loved it,it was awesome.Great special effects,great cinemotography,great performances.Was exciting from beginning to the very end,never a dull moment.Loved it!!!!! Best movie of the year IMO. I so much wish I could have seen this on the big screen.I really wanted to but it wasnt out in the theatres very long. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.