"Our Last Master Was Captain Antillies"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Who is Capatain Antillies?Was he the one Vader strangled and killed on Liea's spaceship?This may be so because when C-3PO explains that Captain Antillies was their last Master and not Obi-Wan,he tells Luke that their master's ship was under attack or something to that extent.So was that really was Captain Antillies?

Dim
No that wasn't Antilles..He was on the same ship Leia was on when it was boarded by Vader...I don't think he had anything to do with the Empire.

theEviljedi
I never said he had anything to do with the Empire.So is Captain Antillies Bail Antillies then?

Dim
No..he's a different Antillies smile

theEviljedi
Confusing the Star Wars Universe is.smile

Gundark
Captain Antilles was 3PO and R2's last master before they met up with Luke in Ep 4. Leia's adoptive father is Bail Organa. Where they are coming up with Bail Antilles in Ep 1 is beyond me. 3PO says in the book about Leia in the hologram being someone of some importance, then says : This might have something to do with the fact that our Captain was attache' to--- and is cut off by Luke. But 3PO is only saying Captain here and I assume he means Antilles. Unless Bail Organa was traveling incognito as Bail Antilles ! Whaddya think, gang?

Darth Daft
Antilles is the Star War version of Smith or Jones.
Oh and also, according the Behind the Magic CD ROM the guy being strangled IS Captain Antilles.

theEviljedi
That's what I thought but Dim said it wasn't.

Darth Daft
Yes well Dim must be dim then.

theEviljedi
Hey,don't make fun of my sweet heart.laughing out loud

Darth Daft
Sorry. I meant Dim must be right then.

theEviljedi
That's ok.smile

Xizor
Despite the fact that I brought this up a month ago on the main forum I'll address it again. R2 and 3PO's last master was Captain Antilles, the brave rebel who Vader strangled. Antillis is the Universe's equvilant to "Smith" or "Jones" as Wedge is one and the Alderaanian senator in Ep1 is one. They are not related in anyway nor are they connected to Bail Organa.

theEviljedi
I never said they were related.And Xiz,I posted it here because it is OT discussion not PT,and I didn't see it here so I posted it.

Xizor
I wasn't saying you were wrong to post it, I was just saying we wnt over it. It had been posted over their because I wanted to know if Senator Antillis who ran againat Palpy for Supreme Chancellor was the same guy who captained Tantive VI, despite the impossibilities involved in the scenerio.

theEviljedi
I'm sorry I didn't see it.

Darth Daft
Well basically, Captain Antilles is the one being strangled. That is for certain. ok?
That's all I have to say.

Darth Stephen
No, antilles was blown up at allderaan

InfiniteDY
You peeps need to go back and watch Episode III again. At the end of the movie, some of the last words spoken are by Bail Organa speaking to the Captain of his ship... Captain Antilles.

Whether or not this was the same Captain Antilles C3PO was telling Luke about in ANH... whether the Captain was on his ship when it was boarded or was even still alive... and whether it was Antilles that was strangled and killed by Vader is all speculation as far as I know.

chinabing
I think I read somewhere the ROTS Cap'm Antillies is the father of the Cap'm Antillies in ANH... Later I read Vader strangles Cap'm Antillies, but I think that info was added later.

Blaxican_Hydra
Why are their so much Antilles? Unless I'm mistaken is this "Wedge" Antilles we're talking about or a differant one?

InfiniteDY
No... Wedge Antilles has no relation to Captain Antilles. It's just the same name.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by chinabing
I think I read somewhere the ROTS Cap'm Antillies is the father of the Cap'm Antillies in ANH... Later I read Vader strangles Cap'm Antillies, but I think that info was added later. They aren't related.

chinabing
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
They aren't related.
Oh yeah? Read this:
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0551antilles.asp

They probably got it from starwars.com

Ushgarak
Originally posted by InfiniteDY
You peeps need to go back and watch Episode III again. At the end of the movie, some of the last words spoken are by Bail Organa speaking to the Captain of his ship... Captain Antilles.

Whether or not this was the same Captain Antilles C3PO was telling Luke about in ANH... whether the Captain was on his ship when it was boarded or was even still alive... and whether it was Antilles that was strangled and killed by Vader is all speculation as far as I know.

Did it possibly occur to you to actually look at the dating of this thread? Now you look a bit silly, hmm?

Please people, do NOT pointlessly bring up ancient threads.

InfiniteDY
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Did it possibly occur to you to actually look at the dating of this thread? Now you look a bit silly, hmm?

laughing

I can't believe I missed that! I do look silly.

I just randomly saw this thread and assumed that it was recently created. I forgot to look at the date. Choke it up to laziness. stick out tongue

Someone else had recently resurrected it. And said person is also now banned. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Ah well, all is well then.

chinabing
How old is too old to bring up old threads?

Old threads aren't bad. They just need a little love.

Ushgarak
It's a common sense test. Obviously there was no value in bringing this thread back, and we like to have the history of this place intact, not ruined by nuisance bumpings.

chinabing
"No value" is a point of view. Posters are often told to do a search before making a new thread. And now they're told not to reanimate old threads. I hope you'll pardon me for saying it sounds as if this duality choice is a little subjective. I suggest locking threads after a few months if you wish to preserve them.

Tangible God
Usually when a thread dies it's because the topic of the thread has been discussed and/or answered. When someone does a search they're to find that thread and search for the answer within it.

InfiniteDY
Well you have to admit... when a thread has been dead for 6 years and is brought back... that's kind of pushing it.

JediKatarn1
I bet you guys never knew that Captain Bail Antillies that was killed by Vader the beginning of A New Hope was actually Wedge Antillies father. Yep!!!! Supershadow scores again;-D

Tangible God
They're not related, moron.

Alliance
Originally posted by Ushgarak

...THIS WAS 1.5 YEARS AGO. LEARN.

QUEEQ. THIS IS EU. CLOSE.

General G
Is that the 5th time today Alliance?

Who is digging up all the fossil threads?

Alliance
retardkatarn.

General G
Get rid of him.

Alliance
Happy Dance

Count Makashi
Not the dance, anything but the dance.

Alliance
ninja

General G
ninja ... Happy Dance

Alliance
horny, eh?

General G
yes

Alliance
Can droinds have sexual feelings?

General G
You would be surprised what droids can do.

Alliance
Not really. I've killed a lot of you...one thing you're almost never is surprizing.

General G
Well, most of us were programmed with the same intentions and intelligence.

Alliance
yeah...zero intelligence.

General G
Higher.

Alliance
nott for you buddy...this isn't a free lunch.

General G
Droids don't eat. Mine was significantly higher.

Alliance
Droids eat sh*t.

General G
No, droids don't eat. That means they eat nothing. I thought you would have known that.

Alliance
Exactly. Thats what I said.

"Clones can think creatively...you'll find they're immensely superior to droids."

General G
You said nothing of the kind.

And yet not superior in numbers.

queeq
Not more of that. CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.