Depa Billaba vs. ANH Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Depa is in her prime. Vader is from ANH. Who prevails? All-out.

Happy Dance

Lord Knightfa11
um... if i knew what depa was or who she/he is, id be less byased.

as it is, i have never seen him/her here on the fight forum or ever heard of him/her, leading me to believe that he/she is an unknown of no reputable power.

vader takes this.

Faunus
Wow. Fantastic logic there. I'm awed by your insightful and clearly well thought-out response.

To quote you: Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
speculation. you really cant incorporate the way "YOU" percieve it into a debate/verdict on who would win something. Good job with that one.

As to the topic; Depa could, in theory, simply channel Vader's Force attacks into and away from herself using the properties of Vaapad, and in a duel her formidable swordsmanship, which was stated by Mace - her master and creator of her lightsaber form - to surpass his own, could allow her a win. It certainly wouldn't be easy for Vader if he were to win.

But that's just "speculation," so I dunno.

Man of Christ
force choke anyone?

Janus Marius
Yes, because Depa, one of the most dangerous Jedi masters in the PT era, would just crumple like a paper bag to a Force choke. ANH Vader has much more experience than his earlier counterpart to offset his lack of potential and mobility. Personally, I'd say Depa's Vaapad would win out in the end. She was incredibly fluid and powerful with her blade in Shatterpoint, able to kill an entire gunship's crew in less than a minute, apparently.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Faunus
Wow. Fantastic logic there. I'm awed by your insightful and clearly well thought-out response.

To quote you: Good job with that one.

As to the topic; Depa could, in theory, simply channel Vader's Force attacks into and away from herself using the properties of Vaapad, and in a duel her formidable swordsmanship, which was stated by Mace - her master and creator of her lightsaber form - to surpass his own, could allow her a win. It certainly wouldn't be easy for Vader if he were to win.

But that's just "speculation," so I dunno.

actually good logic.

if nobody on kmc worships her, then nothing incredibly impressive must have been said of her by cannon sources.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
actually good logic.

if nobody on kmc worships her, then nothing incredibly impressive must have been said of her by cannon sources.

That's incredibly silly logic. Fallacy, if you will. Appeal to majority. And really, since when is KMC the "bar" for logical deduction anyways? People here will accept damn near anything if they want to, and stonewall the contrary evidence until hell freezes over.

Now, considering you apparently know nothing about Depa Billaba (Not even her Wookiepedia profile), it might be a good idea to oh, I don't know...

Not post in the thread your opinion like it's fact.

You don't see me posting in the Krayt versus Yoda thread, because I haven't read a single SW comic with him in it. And hopefully unless I'm dared on national television for high sums of money, I never will.

Lightsnake
In regards to sheer saber combat, I'm gonna have to give Vader the edge after reading Death Star...Even moreso in Empire: Betrayal, he slaughters an army of bounty hunters, followed by a garrison of stormtroopers in succesion

Janus Marius
What's the context?

Lightsnake
First off:
Vader is hunting a supposed Jedi to a planet...the bounty hunters decide to kill Vader and attack him. Butchery ensues (Boba Fett hops onto Vader's side towards the fight's end, but a great deal of the bounty hunters are already dead).

the stormies: the traitor Imperials set a trap for Vader to have the clone troopers kill him when he boards the star destroyer...he proceeds to slaughter them all before the ranking traitor can even run to the door.

Ivalice
In a force fight? I would say vader.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Lightsnake
First off:
Vader is hunting a supposed Jedi to a planet...the bounty hunters decide to kill Vader and attack him. Butchery ensues (Boba Fett hops onto Vader's side towards the fight's end, but a great deal of the bounty hunters are already dead).

the stormies: the traitor Imperials set a trap for Vader to have the clone troopers kill him when he boards the star destroyer...he proceeds to slaughter them all before the ranking traitor can even run to the door.

Sounds very very awesome. So they've finally decided to give Vader his props.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faunus

LOL! laughing

kiddo44
DS19, do you really think this is a good vs?? You know Vader would take her apart. Yes, Depa is good, but she could not fight Vader one on one.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, Mace has said that Depa is a better duelist then he has, so if he could stand a chance against Vader.. I don't see why she couldn't.

darthsith19
Originally posted by kiddo44
DS19, do you really think this is a good vs?? You know Vader would take her apart. Yes, Depa is good, but she could not fight Vader one on one.
Depa was a powerful Jedi, easily one of the strongest ones in the PT. Read the other posts and you'll see that this match isn't an easy one for either Vader of Depa.

Janus Marius
kiddo isn't the reading type. Better to just throw out his opinion and hope everyone bows before it.

kiddo44
Originally posted by darthsith19
Depa was a powerful Jedi, easily one of the strongest ones in the PT. Read the other posts and you'll see that this match isn't an easy one for either Vader of Depa.

I don't doubt Depa is good, and the very little she has shown, maybe she could fight him for a while, but there is absolutely no question who would win the fight.

Originally posted by Janus Marius
kiddo isn't the reading type. Better to just throw out his opinion and hope everyone bows before it.

I will take that as a compliment coming from the dumbass who thinks Depa could rape ROTS Anakin. laughing

Blax_Hydralisk
He certainly isn't alone in that assumption.

Depa > Mace in dueling. Mace, by leagues, > Anakin.

Plus, Anakin is an idiot who foolishly lets his emotions get in the way. Depa is not. The odds are clearly in her favor.

Janus Marius
For a second, I thought you posted "Depa is hot".

MadMel
the same thought jumped to my head laughing out loud

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Janus Marius
For a second, I thought you posted "Depa is hot".

Well... hey.

Lord Knightfa11
lmao me too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.