This Team vs Onslaught/full Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Can this team defeat Onslaught?

Team
War Hulk
WWH
Apocalypse
Classic Juggernaut
8th Day Juggernaut

janus77
Mindless Hulk already matched Onslaught for physical power, so the Hulk's would all survive. but Apocalypse, Juggernaut and 8th day Juggernaut would all die.

celestialdemon
Full power Onslaught would wipe all of them from existence.

janus77
Onslaught was at "Full Power" when he had Nate and Franklin, he didn't wipe people from existence and he most certainly couldn't put Hulk down so ...

celestialdemon
Onslaught was just learning his powers when he absorbed Nate and Franklin. If we are referring to that version of Onslaught, then he still wins just not as easily.

By "full power" Onslaught, I was referring to him mastering all his powers. If that were the case, yes they would get blinked out of existence.

janus77
Nate & Franklin Onslaught is the most powerful we've seen. doesn't make sense to add more powers when he never demonstrated them.

and Onslaught didn't "win", he got his armour busted up by Hulk, he became psi-energy and was then absorbed by all the heroes (and, perhaps significantly, it only ended when Banner passed into the psi-energy).

Hulk's already absorbed and released UNIVERSES of energy so doubt that's gonna be a big challenge, especially when War Hulk has Celestial tech that was designed to tap into and regulate energy from the universe where Hulk gets his powers.

celestialdemon
It's not adding more powers to him. If he absorbs Nate and Franklin's powers and demonstrates and can use them, then it's feasible that with complete mastery of those powers he could warp reality just like Franklin did.

Hulk didn't do anything to Onslaught that Onslaught didn't want done. Onslaught's goal was to become a being of pure energy. He used the Hulk to achieve that. Unless you honestly think the Hulk can compete with a being who can create a sun on a whim.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by celestialdemon
It's not adding more powers to him. If he absorbs Nate and Franklin's powers and demonstrates and can use them, then it's feasible that with complete mastery of those powers he could warp reality just like Franklin did.

Hulk didn't do anything to Onslaught that Onslaught didn't want done. Onslaught's goal was to become a being of pure energy. He used the Hulk to achieve that. Unless you honestly think the Hulk can compete with a being who can create a sun on a whim.

Onslught wit full mastery of franklins powers would murder this team IMO. However evn though onslaught goal was to become a pure enrgy being he had to use the hulk to achieve it because at that point the combined effort of all the superheroes could not break his armour. Hence the reason that hulk needed to go completely mindless in order to get the strength to do it

celestialdemon
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Onslught wit full mastery of franklins powers would murder this team IMO. However evn though onslaught goal was to become a pure enrgy being he had to use the hulk to achieve it because at that point the combined effort of all the superheroes could not break his armour. Hence the reason that hulk needed to go completely mindless in order to get the strength to do it

I agree. Obviously mindless Hulk was strong enough to break Onslaught's armor when the other heroes couldn't. But to think that the Hulk stood a chance at beating Onslaught is ridiculous.

janus77

he said that after the fact, he gloated that he'd become unstoppable thanks to that but, nonetheless he was trying to KILL Hulk in battle. he didn't know nor expect Hulk would break his armour like that. it's like a butterfly escaping from a cocoon, he was surprised by his metamorphosis.

Hulk clear CAN hang with Onslaught physically. on-panel evidence.

as for the sun creating stuff, big deal. Magneto created a worm hole, Surfer's created blackholes and also repowered Suns far larger than our own, iirc. it's not a significant display of power.

anyway, that's all beside the point. what I meant and what I said was that the Onslaught at max power that we saw (which I believe is what "Full Power" meant in this context) never blinked characters out of existence but would, did and could smack the stuffing out of all the characters bar-the Hulks because they all have the capability to hang with him.

if you go with the reality warping and stuff, then clearly any being that can tap the full power of Franklin Richards would be a Celestial by default and this thread would be spite no expression.

janus77
I agree. Obviously mindless Hulk was strong enough to break Onslaught's armor when the other heroes couldn't. But to think that the Hulk stood a chance at beating Onslaught is ridiculous.
define "beating".

if you mean physically, then he did do it, on-panel.

Onslaught wasn't pulling his punches, he was clearly aiming to defeat all the heroes, including killing Hulk. he couldn't put Hulk down, physically.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by janus77
define "beating".

if you mean physically, then he did do it, on-panel.

Onslaught wasn't pulling his punches, he was clearly aiming to defeat all the heroes, including killing Hulk. he couldn't put Hulk down, physically.

I'm not talking about beating physically, since we all know that's all Hulk can do. I'm talking about defeating in battle.

celestialdemon
he said that after the fact, he gloated that he'd become unstoppable thanks to that but, nonetheless he was trying to KILL Hulk in battle. he didn't know nor expect Hulk would break his armour like that. it's like a butterfly escaping from a cocoon, he was surprised by his metamorphosis.

If he were truly trying to kill the Hulk, he would have done a lot more than just try beating him physically. He had a host of other powers he could have used. Onslaught wasn't surprised and shows no indication that he was. He knew exactly what he had become.

Hulk clear CAN hang with Onslaught physically. on-panel evidence.

Physically yes, but when you have the arsenal of powers that Onslaught has, it doesn't matter.

as for the sun creating stuff, big deal. Magneto created a worm hole, Surfer's created blackholes and also repowered Suns far larger than our own, iirc. it's not a significant display of power.

And both of them would own Hulk if they demonstrated those powers in a fight with him. And yes, creating a completely separate sun is a significant display of power.

anyway, that's all beside the point. what I meant and what I said was that the Onslaught at max power that we saw (which I believe is what "Full Power" meant in this context) never blinked characters out of existence but would, did and could smack the stuffing out of all the characters bar-the Hulks because they all have the capability to hang with him.

Hulk has the ability to hang with him PHYSICALLY. In an all-out battle, any version of the Hulk would die.

Lord Feron
This team can not defeat Onslaught.

janus77
lol, if Onslaught wasn't trying to kill the Hulk and instead wanted to get his armour broken (which for some reason, Onslaught did not possess the physical power to do for himself!) then why ward off all the heroes who were attacking?

more to the point, why attempt to fight off Hulk when what you really want is for him to keep pounding at the armour.

makes no sense. the only sensible reading is the one that, it seems, was intended by the writer and the illustrator. that Onslaught gloats after the fact as he realises that Hulk's actually done him a favour. none of which detracts from what I said nor from my point that, he did beat Onslaught physically and all the versions of Hulk in this thread would do so too.

now as for the idea of Onslaught using other powers, yes reality warping and such would probably bfr/KO Hulks but not kill them and most importantly, with Celestial Tech capable of harnessing their (the Hulks') energies, it's quite conceivable that the Hulks would be able to mount an offensive against Onslaught, it wouldn't be quite as simple as you make out.

celestialdemon
Is this the same sensible writer and illustrator who made a being with the abilities of Onslaught get into a slugfest with the Hulk? Tell me how that makes sense.

And what has War Hulk's Celestial Tech possibly shown to even suggest it would help them fight Onslaught? Stop Juggernaut?

janus77
there's a lot of sense in that actually, it's called dramatic tension. without it, Onslaught could have just bfr'd everybody and gone about his merry business... wouldn't have been quite as interesting to read.

but that is qualitatively different from attributing an after-the-fact observation as motivation for a series of illogical actions committed before. it's called rationalising. and it's usually a reach.

Celestial Tech is Celestial Tech, I don't know if it would or would not even things up but, I do know that it regulated War Hulk's access to the nexus energies, that it can and does siphon energies... so who knows? I think it might play a part. but as I've said, if we're including reality warping and other Franklin derived powers, then the whole thing is moot... they're not going to have a chance to fight at all...

celestialdemon
I know there'a point as far as the story goes, but because the writer wanted to make the story dramatic doesn't mean the Hulk would have any chance against Onslaught in just a straight up fight.

If Celestial Tech would have helped anyone against Onslaught, then Apocalypse could have taken him, since he has FAR more knowledge of it than the Hulk. However, Onslaught dismissed Apocalypse easily.

Xplosive
Mindless Hulk already matched Onslaught for physical power, so the Hulk's would all survive.

Are you kidding me? And the thread even says full power Onslaught. The team ain't doing anything.
Onslaught got his armor cracked, only because he wanted to, allowed it.
Onslaught had Franklin powers, so he could also physically beat the Hulk.

he most certainly couldn't put Hulk down so ...

Hm. I mean, you sound like you think that Onslaught can't kill the Hulk.

This team isn't even a challenge to the powers Onslaught had.

And you are mentioning Celestial tech, look Apocalypse knowledge of it and Apocalypse actually upgraded Hulk into War Hulk. Apocalypse would be a better chance than War Hulk.

The Onslaught with the power he had, he should go challenge such beings as Celestial, Galatcus, Tyrant and on... and should be universal treat.

Utrigita
Theory Onslaught ftw.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Utrigita
Theory Onslaught ftw.

Also Onslaught on panel should be more than enough to defeat this team.
And with the powers we knew he had, we know how powerful he could easily be written, because he actually had all those powers.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Xplosive
Also Onslaught on panel should be more than enough to defeat this team.
And with the powers we knew he had, we know how powerful he could easily be written, because he actually had all those powers.

So what if he had them he never used, so this basically is speculation on what Onslaught could have done if he had been written probably hence imo full power Onslaught how has never been shown on Panel is nothing but Theory smile

Xplosive
Originally posted by Utrigita
So what if he had them he never used, so this basically is speculation on what Onslaught could have done if he had been written probably hence imo full power Onslaught how has never been shown on Panel is nothing but Theory smile

It was a shitty writing. What could have writers done to stop him. Having him used all his powers, how possibly they could write anyone on Earth to stop him then? Then only Phoenix Force could stop Onslaught.

Still, only also what shown on panel should defeat this team. He created sun on a whim with reality warping, even with that display of power, of such display of reality warping he shown, should be able to blink these team out.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Xplosive
It was a shitty writing. What could have writers done to stop him. Having him used all his powers, how possibly they could write anyone on Earth to stop him then? Then only Phoenix Force could stop Onslaught.

Still, only also what shown on panel should defeat this team. He created sun on a whim with reality warping, even with that display of power, of such display of reality warping he shown, should be able to blink these team out.

I know but there is always plot device you know that's how the overpowerfull beings normally loses to the weak and pathetic humans on earth. And Galactus and the Celestials and the Watchers most likely too.

Never said he wouldn't just stated that on panel such a thing as Onslaught at full power doesn't exist smile

Lumby
onslaught rapes them/10

guy222
Onslaught is powerful, but he's not defeating Galactus or a Celestial

Hannibal-Lector
Me hates the concept of onslaught... IMO he'd be written to beat any one but just barely no matter what ... i mean didnt captain america make him bleed?

guy222
cap did

and that version of onslaught is in the negative zone...go liefeld laughing out loud

monaroCountry

Priest
Hulk puts Onslaughts energy form in a head lock.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.