Sweet, I got a raise!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
I totally got a raise at my job. I still make **** though. erm

But, it's better than nothing and these days one is lucky to just have steady job.

Bardock42
How much you makin'?

Lana
Money is good.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Bardock42
How much you makin'?

Not enough.

gefallen_engel
nobody ever makes enough because no employer pays enough

Bardock42
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Not enough. Subjective, what's the figure?

=Tired Hiker=
Subjective, what's the figure?

Damn you, why? mad

Bardock42
Damn you, why? mad I'm curious. And from the IRS. Mostly curious though.

=Tired Hiker=
I'm curious. And from the IRS. Mostly curious though.

It's one of these three choices:

$12 per hour

$16.25 per hour

$23.75 per hour

Slay
It's one of these three choices:

$12 per hour

$16.25 per hour

$23.75 per hour
How much hours do you work per week though?

Bardock42

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Slay
How much hours do you work per week though?

40, plus about 4 hours of overtime on average.

=Tired Hiker=

Bardock42
I am a photojournalist in Special Projects for a Las Vegas television station.

With a title like that shouldn't you make a shitload of money?

=Tired Hiker=
With a title like that shouldn't you make a shitload of money? I forgot to mention, the job comes with a cell phone, vehicle, and gasoline, all of which I don't pay for. That alone is $, dear sir.

dadudemon
I forgot to mention, the job comes with a cell phone, vehicle, and gasoline, all of which I don't pay for. That alone is $, dear sir.

My old room mate was a camera man for a news station. He got the same deal. He made shit money, though. He made a little than $25000 a year. (Did you read this DK, here is another story from my life about a person I know that relates to what is being discussed...I made this up too....p.s. and for those who are confused, I really had this room mate, I am mocking DK...DK doesn't think people have a life beyond the internet.)

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
My old room mate was a camera man for a news station. He got the same deal. He made shit money, though. He made a little than $25000 a year. (Did you read this DK, here is another story from my life about a person I know that relates to what is being discussed...I made this up too....p.s. and for those who are confused, I really had this room mate, I am mocking DK...DK doesn't think people have a life beyond the internet.)

I guess it doesn't matter as much when you don't use it in an argument as winning evidence.

I am sure there's a name for uch a logical fallacy, too.

dadudemon
I guess it doesn't matter as much when you don't use it in an argument as winning evidence.

But it wasn't used as "winning evidence". It was used to show how horrible the prison systems are and it show the flaw in "vengeance" people's arguments in the death penalty thread. In other words, it was merely one piece of a many piece pie. It cannot be, in anyway shape or form, the end all argument for the death penalty. It just pisses me off that DK doesn't think people have a life beyond KMC and ANYTHING they say is obviously false.

but this thread is about our boy gettin' a raise....my fault for whinning about it.

Bardock42
But it wasn't used as "winning evidence". It was used to show how horrible the prison systems are and it show the flaw in "vengeance" people's arguments in the death penalty thread. In other words, it was merely one piece of a many piece pie. It cannot be, in anyway shape or form, the end all argument for the death penalty. It just pisses me off that DK doesn't think people have a life beyond KMC and ANYTHING they say is obviously false.

but this thread is about our boy gettin' a raise....my fault for whinning about it.

Well, I am not sure whether he did it. But even if it was true (and I will just assume it is), it was one subjective piece of evidence for one very pecific part of the debate. And well, even if you didn't, there are people that make up personal experiences in arguments to make their lack of point look better.

And good on TH for getting a race. At last he can buy the monkey.

Wålshy
i thought people who worked for tv stations were meant to be rich mmm

dadudemon
Well, I am not sure whether he did it. But even if it was true (and I will just assume it is), it was one subjective piece of evidence for one very pecific part of the debate. And well, even if you didn't, there are people that make up personal experiences in arguments to make their lack of point look better.

My point was to concede to the pro-lifers that life in prison was a better form of vengeance than the death penalty...that was really it. For me, it almost takes a literal experience before stuff really sinks in. It took the testimony of two ex-cons to convince me that prison was really that bad.

And good on TH for getting a race. At last he can buy the monkey.

yes, indeed...

but he is probably underpaid

Bardock42
Stupid Czarina. I meant "raise", obviously.

dadudemon
Stupid Czarina. I meant "raise", obviously.

Freudian slip?

Don't worry, I am not an internet ass****, I will not criticize you for using the wrong word...you first language isn't English anyway.

Bardock42
Freudian slip?

Don't worry, I am not an internet ass****, I will not criticize you for using the wrong word...you first language isn't English anyway.

YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT!!!!! cry

dadudemon

=Tired Hiker=

Morning_Glory
I totally got a raise at my job. I still make **** though. erm

But, it's better than nothing and these days one is lucky to just have steady job. congrats

here's a plate of cookies

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/ixfd64/cookies/Chocolate_Chip_Cookies_On_Plate.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.