Kingpin vs Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Bane is venomed up. Fight takes place in a Kingpin's office.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1483/133385-kingpin_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/7000/6129/100908-bane_400.jpg

Phantom Zone
Bane.

Kid Kurdy
Bane of course.

BUSTER1
I'm a Marvel fan, and don't know too much about DC characters other than Batman and Superman. I do know, though, that Bane is way above Kingpin. In a fight, written properly, Kingpin is destroyed.

smashyou
king

Master-Borg
Kingpin held his own against Spiderman. Bane can't even beat Batman in a physical fight.

Thats_My_Monkey
KP got wrecked by Spidey. Easily.

But anyway Bane or KP...not entirely sure.

DigiMark007
Classic KP was equal to Class 10 Spidey, and usually his better. Current is written far below those levels.

So it really depends. If the fight is in, say, 1975, KP wins. Right now, Bane wins.

guy222
agreed

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Classic KP was equal to Class 10 Spidey
No he wasn't.

No he wasn't.

jgiant
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Classic KP was equal to Class 10 Spidey, and usually his better. Current is written far below those levels.

So it really depends. If the fight is in, say, 1975, KP wins. Right now, Bane wins. Indeed.

Grammaton
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Kingpin held his own against Spiderman. Bane can't even beat Batman in a physical fight.

Didn't Bane break Batman's back?...

suprmanvsbatman
Yup he sure did, Bane takes it if the fight takes place in present day.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
No he wasn't.

No he wasn't.

I'm a Spider-Man fan and own ever ASM ever. Spidey never legitimately beat KP in a one-on-one confrontation until the recent beatdown in prison. And more than once, KP outmuscled him or at least stalemated Classic Spidey. If you know of a different instance where he does so, please feel free to share it with me...I'd be interested in seeing it.

The Pict
Originally posted by Grammaton
Didn't Bane break Batman's back?...

Yes.

Bane ftw

Grammaton
In that case - Bane ftw!

The Pict
Originally posted by Grammaton
In that case - Bane ftw!

I think it would be tougher to break KP's back big grin

But yeah Bane still takes it.

Grammaton
Originally posted by The Pict
I think it would be tougher to break KP's back big grin

But yeah Bane still takes it.

Absoloutely thumb up

Priest
King Pin can take 4.

darthgoober
I say Kingpin takes this. Bane may have beat an exhausted Batman, but Kingpin's stood toe to toe with Spidey, and has beaten down both Captain America and Red Skull.

Soljer
Originally posted by darthgoober
I say Kingpin takes this. Bane may have beat an exhausted Batman, but Kingpin's stood toe to toe with Spidey, and has beaten down both Captain America and Red Skull.

Classic Kingpin was gratuitously superhuman.

Current has been written much more realistically.

I'd say that Bane can take down current Kingpin, though he'd have a much tougher time with classic - and probably'd end up losing.

Endrict Nuul
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424142&highlight=kingpin+vs+bane+forumid%3A77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=429999&highlight=kingpin+vs+bane+forumid%3A77

Master-Borg
Bane was really not that impressive physically...he was more impressive tactically.

He weakened Batman for 3 weeks before breaking the back of a tired, wornout, emotionally wrecked Batman.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Soljer
Classic Kingpin was gratuitously superhuman.

Current has been written much more realistically.

I'd say that Bane can take down current Kingpin, though he'd have a much tougher time with classic - and probably'd end up losing.
I don't get it, what's been wrong with Kingpin? I know he lost to Spidey in prison but Spidey was benching 20 tons at the time, it doesn't change the fact that Kingpin was stalemating him when he was stuck at 10. Has he had a lot of low showings or something?

Also, what all has Bane done? I know he beat Batman when he was tired, but when Batman recovered didn't take Bane down?

suprmanvsbatman
Originally posted by darthgoober

Good point actually i dont know now, i'll have to go ponder this over a cup of tea confused

Soljer
Bane was really not that impressive physically...he was more impressive tactically.

He weakened Batman for 3 weeks before breaking the back of a tired, wornout, emotionally wrecked Batman.

In one of his higher 'strength' showings, Bane uprooted a ferris wheel and lifted it over his head.

tkitna
Bane maybe 6/10. Close call.

TricksterPriest
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bane destroy the walls of Arkham Asylum during Knightfall?

Bane was no slouch after he got off the Venom. If anything, his skill went up a good deal. He bitchslapped KG Beast before escaping from Arkham by swimming through a 15 knot current.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Soljer
In one of his higher 'strength' showings, Bane uprooted a ferris wheel and lifted it over his head.

most ferris wheels are upwards of 200 tons confused

jinzin
hmmm Redskull took it pretty well to Kingpin... He lost but I think the sheer level of physicality that Bane has on Redskull, plus the Venom enhancements should really just about level that playing field. Kingpin takes fights to Spidey because he's an accomplished fighter as well as big and strong for his size.. I don't think he holds those advantages here.

psycho gundam
this goes two ways (imo)

1) after defeating all his personal guards, fisk will throw tons of money at bane and try to convince him to join him, bane agrees but after time usurps his organization from the inside.

this leads to bane throwing fisk out of the window of his penthouse.

2) after a vicious fight with fisk's best men, a furious bane finally gets to fisk's office. they fight and bane callously breaks fisk's spine like a bread stick.

bane then takes the mantle of the kingpin of crime and orders the corpse of wilson fisk to be dumped in the trash.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by jinzin
Kingpin takes fights to Spidey because he's an accomplished fighter as well as big and strong for his size.. I don't think he holds those advantages here.

this doesn't make sense

you think Kingpin can take it to spiderman because of his skills and strength...yet he can't take it to Bane, who is much less formidable and much weaker than Spiderman?

TricksterPriest
Bane is much more skilled and intelligent than Spidey. Physically there is no comparison between him and Spidey, but tactically, they're worlds apart.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bane is much more skilled and intelligent than Spidey. Physically there is no comparison between him and Spidey, but tactically, they're worlds apart. this is a brawl...so his tactical shrewdness has no impact

jinzin
this doesn't make sense

you think Kingpin can take it to spiderman because of his skills and strength...yet he can't take it to Bane, who is much less formidable and much weaker than Spiderman?

confused Is that what you got from my argument?

I think that kingpin usually gave Spiderman all hell because he's an accomplished fighter (which matters since Spiderman's always had problems with accomplished fighters even if they are human) and he has a considerable size advantage (which means something when measured to the judo holds and arm locks that he usually manages to put Pete in).

Neither of those are an advantage against Bane who's both as big as Fisk as well as good a fighter and probably better... This doesn't necessarily mean I think Kingpin can beat Spidey... but he has, and he certainly gives Spiderman trouble consistantly.

Is it so hard to imagine Bane winning here though? I mean Daredevil has knocked Kingpin through a loop a few times over and he doesn't even have close to banes physical strength.

GahLakTus
Bane is far stronger than Kingpin. Who the better skilled fighter is between the two is questionable.

Bane ftmfw

Baloo
Originally posted by psycho gundam
this goes two ways (imo)

1) after defeating all his personal guards, fisk will throw tons of money at bane and try to convince him to join him, bane agrees but after time usurps his organization from the inside.

2) after a vicious fight with fisk's best men, a furious bane finally gets to fisk's office. they fight and bane callously breaks fisk's spine like a bread stick.

bane then takes the mantle of the kingpin of crime and orders the corpse of wilson fisk to be dumped in the trash. This is a one on one fight, stop trying to add your shitty little stories. They fail.

jinzin
Originally posted by Baloo
This is a one on one fight, stop trying to add your shitty little stories. They fail.

laughing out loud

complexbrother
Originally posted by psycho gundam
this goes two ways (imo)

bane then takes the mantle of the kingpin of crime and orders the corpse of wilson fisk to be dumped in the trash.

I agree

jrodslam
hmmm Redskull took it pretty well to Kingpin... He lost but I think the sheer level of physicality that Bane has on Redskull, plus the Venom enhancements should really just about level that playing field. Kingpin takes fights to Spidey because he's an accomplished fighter as well as big and strong for his size.. I don't think he holds those advantages here.

Doesnt Red skull have the SSS or something like it as well as Cap? For Kp to hold his own and win syas a great deal about Fist. Also, hes already stalemated Bats in their short and brief scuffle. Dont get me wrong, im not saying that Kingpin wins. I just think those things should be considered.

How skilled IS Bane?

darthgoober
Originally posted by jrodslam
Doesnt Red skull have the SSS or something like it as well as Cap? For Kp to hold his own and win syas a great deal about Fist. Also, hes already stalemated Bats in their short and brief scuffle. Dont get me wrong, im not saying that Kingpin wins. I just think those things should be considered.

How skilled IS Bane?
It's more than that. When Kingpin and Red Skull fought, Red Skull was actually in a cloned body of Captain America's, so he was actually Cap's equal physically(the only real advantage Cap had over him then was skill).

jinzin
Originally posted by jrodslam

How skilled IS Bane?
I'm not sure what advantages aside from endurance Skull would have over Bane enhanced with Venom which is why I made the comparison.

Skilled enough to cause batman pause for thought.. I'd say roughly, slightly less skilled than Batman himself.

Master-Borg

Skilled enough to cause batman pause for thought.. I'd say roughly, slightly less skilled than Batman himself.

was bane ever a threat to a healthy batman?

jinzin
was bane ever a threat to a healthy batman?

Yes, without his Venom at that..
As well as a threat to Azreal without Venom, the guy who stalemated Deathstroke in strength.
And as stated before Venomless he took down KGBeast, the guys stronger than 3 peak humans and took the fight to Batman more than his own share.

TricksterPriest
Bane never lost to Batman after he got off the Venom. They've stalemated everytime since.

Supermutant
Fisk offers money to Bane, Bane counter offer is pain.

http://imgur.com/a/SHXMw

Zack M
Bane kills Kingpin.

cdtm
Looking back, this must have been before some of Fisk's better respect threads.

He only beat Spidey through skill and being fast for his size? Fisk muscled him through a massive cement wall! That's not skill, that's Marvel writing a guy as a mutant while pretending he's a human.

riv6672
Originally posted by Supermutant
Fisk offers money to Bane, Bane counter offer is pain.

http://imgur.com/a/SHXMw
Thats not Kingpin.

Supermutant
Originally posted by riv6672
Thats not Kingpin.

same result

riv6672
One character's feats (or defeats) dont apply to another. Nice try though.

Moving on.

Supermutant
Originally posted by riv6672
One character's feats (or defeats) dont apply to another. Nice try though.

Moving on.

Really Sherlock, you thought of that all by yourself. Anyway to spell it out for you, I was giving my opinion on how an encounter would go between them. Kingpin would try to persuade Bane to work for him, like he has done to many villains. But Bane would respond by crushing his skull like a grape.

Bane feats put his above KP, not so nice try though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.