Edward Norton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

suprmanvsbatman
Ok so I just want some reassurance here I always thought Edward Norton was a really good actor but it seems everywhere I go theres some one dissing him lol e.g hes pretentious and too whiney. He is still one of my favourite actors but I just wanted to see what you guys thought of him?

SnakeEyes
I think he's a great actor. He's done a lot of solid work (ie, Fight Club, American History X, Primal Fear, etc.).

Morning_Glory
I hear he is a huge ass ... Ive heard stories how he likes to change scripts around and change the editing... blah blah... but who cares... he's an awesome actor...

Fight Club love

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/dcotar/fight_club.jpg

suprmanvsbatman
yeah apparantly hes "Playing God"

I dont see the big deal, all he is doing is getting more involved in the film process, he deserves that after some of the movies he's gave us,

Fight Club
Primal Fear
American History X
25th hour

... to name a few lol

BruceSkywalker
Norton is one hell of an actor

suprmanvsbatman
ah thanks bruce can always rely on you to agree with me big grin

MildPossession
He IS a brilliant actor, not doubt about it.

suprmanvsbatman
but how do you guys feel about him taking on the role of Bruce Banner/ The Hulk.

I personally think hes going to do a really good job.

MildPossession
I mentioned parts in the Hulk topic. I don't mind at all, have to wait and see.

chillmeistergen
He's a good actor. I couldn't care less about his personality, I don't want to be his friend, just watch the films he's in.

suprmanvsbatman
exactly my pointsmile

exanda kane
He's a great actor but he still comes across as pretentious (of course that may not be the case); for an actor who, relatively speaking, has only done a few roles, he seems to be trying to jump into the auteur's chair prematurely. Not to say his contributions aren't good, they usually are, but when the only Director's credit you have is for 'Keeping the Faith,' a relatively flat rom-com and then you start flaunting your star power around Hollywood, you can't help but feel he is overdoing it a bit.

Again, that may not be the heart of the matter, but that is how he comes across and for the last time, as I guess if I don't say it explicitly, numerous times, it won't reach peoples ears: yes I do like Ed Norton. He's a good actor.

BasketCase
He's a really good actor. I love Fight Club. smile

suprmanvsbatman
Fight club is amazingsmile

Mairuzu
Hulk smash

jaden101
i think he's a really good actor who borders on greatness but hasn't had any roles that suit him perfectly yet....the closest being american history x

i think if he was taken under the wing of a director who knows how to utilise him fully and was given a role to suit him he could achieve greatness

think of the way Scorcese brings out the best in Dicaprio for example

i also think his choices in picking roles and scripts is a hit and miss affair...he's been in some excellent films such as fight club and 25th hour...but he's also been in some steamers such as the remake of the italian job and the score

ragesRemorse
I agree with Jaden. I think Norton needs the right Director to realize his potential. When he is paired with a good Director he gives genuinely memorable performances. Any other time, he feels like just another hollywood face...,at least to me.

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I hear he is a huge ass ... Ive heard stories how he likes to change scripts around and change the editing... blah blah... but who cares... he's an awesome actor...

Fight Club love

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/dcotar/fight_club.jpg

I've heard that too but I'm sure I read something somewhere of him backing himself up, I can't remember what he said or anything though haha how useful.

He's one of my favourite actors. Every film with him in that I've seen I really like and his performance is always amazing. (I haven't seen The Italian Job though or The Score). Oh no actually Down in the Valley wasn't really very amazing but that's the only film with him in that I've seen that I don't love. I thought he was really good in The Incredible Hulk too.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
I've heard that too but I'm sure I read something somewhere of him backing himself up, I can't remember what he said or anything though haha how useful.

He's one of my favourite actors. Every film with him in that I've seen I really like and his performance is always amazing. (I haven't seen The Italian Job though or The Score). Oh no actually Down in the Valley wasn't really very amazing but that's the only film with him in that I've seen that I don't love. I thought he was really good in The Incredible Hulk too. whoah! look who the cat dragged in stick out tongue

Emil Blonsky
He's a pretty good actor; He was fantastic in both TIH & Fight Club.

Leggy_n_Merry

Fëanor
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
Haha! Feaaaaa!! I didn't know you still came on here. Yup tis the summer holidays again so KMC was calling haha.

Whoops better stay on topic. I absolutely love The Painted Veil. That's not my favourite film for his acting but my favourite overall (I'm not saying his acting was bad at all it just didn't make you think "wow!" compared with other films). That and Fight Club are my favourite films of his. Oh and I did like The Incredible Hulk too, the action in it was just wooooah! Oh and American History X of course. same reason why i came on, yeah? big grin glad to see ya girl.

i actually liked him in American X. Fight Club was ok...but American X was better.

Leggy_n_Merry

alexa_24
I think he's a great actor!I love fight club

Markus Corvinus
As did I, Fight Club is one of the best movies I've ever seen, hands down. I truly hope that Norton comes back for a couple more Hulk movies, he's exactly what I imagined for Bruce Banner.

lil bitchiness
I love Edward Norton. He is a great actor and I feel rather underrated.

And he comes across quite humble to me.

Markus Corvinus
He doesn't seem underrated to me. He actually seems to have quite the fanbase, and rightfully so. Norton is one of THE best.

catherine2255
I think he is a great actor, I haven't seen him in a film I didn't really enjoy. I don't really care much about the personality bit, most actors are pretentious and full of it so I doubt he is much different from the rest of them!

Markus Corvinus
You can't make a judgment call about someone based on the actions of others.

I saw him in "The Incredible Hulk" first, then in "Fight Club" which was a phenomenal performance. More than likely I'll get his new movie once it hits DVD shelves.

jaden101
incredible hulk was the 1st movie you saw him in?...have you been living under a rock?

seriously though...if you want to check out his best performances...american history x....25th hour

ignore most of the rest of his work...it tends to be...shit

Markus Corvinus
Living under a rock? Hardly, I don't have time to just look up people...I'm only 14, by the way, so there's a lot of movies I've yet to see.

jaden101
i wasn't meaning it in a harsh way anyway...but you should check out those movies i mentioned if you can...not just two of Norton's best but 2 of the best modern dramas around

Markus Corvinus
I certainly will...I'm also looking forward to his new movie coming out, I liked what I saw from the trailer.

jaden101
you mean pride and glory?...if so then yeah it looks pretty good...kind of reminds of "we own the night" with the 2 brothers on opposite sides of the law angle...could be good though...i'm still never entirely convinced of Colin Farrell as an American though...he does the cheeky Irishman well because it doesn't really require acting ability ?:L

Markus Corvinus
Yeah, I was referring to "Pride & Glory". I watched an interview of Ed Norton from Conan O'Brien's show, and I like what I heard about the story.

Alpha Centauri
25th Hour is outstanding, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Pride and Glory.

-AC

MildPossession
Pride and Glory looks excellent, I believe Sage Francis has done the music, or contributed a few songs that appeared on his latest album, lovely.

FistOfThe North
ed's not oscar caliber but he is good.

he's always playing skweaky roles where he gets beat up or is a smart ass.

he plays pathetic characters really convincingly.

jaden101
i wouldn't have said Derek Vinyard was pathetic or weak...and it's arguably his best role.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by jaden101
i wouldn't have said Derek Vinyard was pathetic or weak...and it's arguably his best role.

I concur. He was amazing as Derek Vinyard. In Primal Scream he was excellent as well!

SnakeEyes
lol @ Primal Scream ^

It's Primal Fear, but I forgive you.

siriuswriter
On TCM, they've been playing a program called "Under the Influence" where people in films interview with Elvis Mitchell. I saw the Edward Norton episode last night. He was talking about his influences, and, knowing his body of work, I found them really interesting :

Marlon Brando
Annie Hall
Dog Day Afternoon/Taxi Driver/King of Comedy
Mommie Dearest.

He said that he felt that the "leading man" was changing in film; that the leading man didn't really mean all masculine goings-on anymore, that people like Marlon Brando made the character actor into the leading actor.

I thought that he was really insightful, and not at all arrogant or stuck-up.

reggaeuplifts
I think he's a good actor...his best movies are American History X and Fight Club

Rob

bogen
He truly is great.
But like people said earlier, we are yet to see his best.
No doubt fight club and American history X were great though.
I think he needs a "brave heart"
As in, something he'll direct, produce and basically own for his true talent to shine.
That or he finds a director who can do that for him.

arytha
i had known Edwar Norton from his 1st movie with Richard Gere, named Primal Fear.

He played as a boy who get a Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) and kill the Bishop.

do someone knows it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.