Grievous vs. ROTS Anakin: Sabers Only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
Well? This is prior to being hurt by Mace GG.

Janus Marius
Anakin is pretty good... But his defense isn't as tight as Obi-Wan's. I'm not so sure.

ThoraxeRMG
Grievous

Blax_Hydralisk
As far as Lightsaber combat goes, it's a toss-up. The only real reason why Obi-Wan won was because he had mastered a lightsaber form that was stated to be the weakness of GG's style of combat. Anakin isn't so lucky..

As far as this thread goes, I don't see why Anakin can't just trash him with the force. And Anakin isn't afraid to go darkside on people at the time of Rots...

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
As far as this thread goes, I don't see why Anakin can't just trash him with the force.

Sabers only wink

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Luminatus

Dooku >>> Grievous; THerefore Anakin >>> Grievous

skywalker833
Anakin wouldnt be able to block all four blades like obi 1 did.

darthsith19
Anakin wins, but not easily. LOE states that Dooku is often "hard-pressed" to defeat Grievous in saber combat, hard-pressed, but he still beats him. Anakin is Dooku's superior with a blade. Plus, Dooku says that Cin Drallig could beat him and that he'd pity Grievous "should he go up against any of the Council Members" (that's not an exact quote but is close). Now, that may have been an exaggeration, but Anakin would trash most of the Council members, so.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Dooku >>> Grievous; THerefore Anakin >>> Grievous
by this logic i could say that obi wan >>> anakin >>> dooku>>>grevious

obi wan gave anakin a sound spanking in mustafar. anakin kicked dooku to crap. dooku kicks grevious to crap. so obi wan is better then them all?

THE ABOVE IS SARCASM TO VOID YOUR POINT.

Lord Knightfa11
anakin>>>dooku>>>obi wan
obi wan>>>anakin>>>dooku

this logic almost never works.

i would have to say that this fight belongs to grevious. anakins lack of ability to use the force in this fight renders him very likely to die in the oncoming buzzsaw.

greivous is "the knight slayer" and is very skilled in killing jedi. none of them as powerful as anakin however.

force/longrange=anakin
closequarters/sabers=grevious.

this has been done in ANH vader vs Grevious.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Sabers only wink

Didn't even notice that.

Well... in that case, I say GG wins as well. I dunno why, but imo Djem/So's hard versicle and horizontal strikes just don't seem like something that wpuld be effective against GG.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
by this logic i could say that obi wan >>> anakin >>> dooku>>>grevious

And you would be wrong since Obi-Wan never fought Anakin in ROTS.

Blax_Hydralisk
no expression

Gideon
As previously stated, Obi-Wan Kenobi was chosen to pursue General Grievous at the behest of Mace Windu due to his specific lightsaber form, which puts complete emphasis on defense, whereas General Grievous himself seems to emphasize overwhelming force and brutality -- wielding four lightsabers simultaneously and moving them at speeds up to twenty strikes per second -- though it should also be noted that Labyrinth of Evil states: "Dooku had taught Grievous well, and Grievous taught his elite well. Coupled with Dooku's coaching, their programming in the seven classic forms of lightsaber dueling -- in the Jedi arts -- made them lethal opponents." This would heavily imply that Grievous is aware of multiple lightsaber forms, a fact even further hinted at later in the book as General Grievous's analysis computers allow him to mimic combat stances, forms, and attacks to the point that he even managed to successfully mimic Vaapad, the deadliest of all lightsaber forms that puts emphasis on speed and unpredictability. Mace Windu would also point this out to Obi-Wan that he could expect "Grievous to fight in any lightsaber form. Or all of them."

skywalker833
GG wins, anakin has no defense.

Admiral Akbar
Anakin has his wits and can at times pull some clever things out of his ass, but if we going by sabers only then the general would win. I think he would realize though that Anakin is no push-over.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Luminatus
jedi cant use a lightsaber without the force (can he use the force to improve his saber technique just no force attacks?)

skywalker833
In Heir to the Empire, Luke used a lightsaber without the force quite well. But I agree, they have to use the force to fight to their abilities.

darthsith19
If Dooku and MAce can beat a more powerful version of Grievous (EU Grievous) in saber combat, I don't see why Anakin couldn't defeat the weaker, ROTS version of Grievous in lightsaber combat. He is ahead of Dooku with a lightsaber and probably about on Mace's level. In the ROTS novel, Mace says that Anakin is "arguably the most powerful Jedi ever." Palpatine wanted the Council to send Anakin to deal with Grievous, so he must have been confident that Anakin could kill Grievous, and Dooku says he would pity Grievous should he go up against any of the Council members.

Anakin takes this, Not easily, but he takes it.

truejedi
Originally posted by darthsith19
Dooku says he would pity Grievous should he go up against any of the Council members.

Anakin takes this, Not easily, but he takes it.

i agree with this one. Grievous himself even acknowledges that Dooku's assessement is probably accurate. However, didn't Grievous face Ki-Adi-Mundi rather well once? (i hate the cartoons, but i guess if we want to give grievous any shot at all in this one, they have to be considered)

darthsith19
Yes Grievous beat Mundi, that doesn't mean he can beat ROTS Anakin, especially in his ROTS state.

Darth Exodus
It would be almost too close to call but I would give Anakin the edge due to Force precognition, which is how Kenobi beat him. Very, very close though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.