Green Lantern Vs The Fallen One

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

geshien
GL, Hal Jordan versus the original herald, The Fallen One.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f142/greenlantern2814/hal_jordan.jpg

VS

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/ejar_bucket/Comic%20Issues/1stHeraldFallenonethanos11-12.jpg

LORD B
hal imo greater experience, plus fallen doesnt really have many feats.

Soljer
Jordan.

llagrok
Jordan could simulate the energy which the fallen is especially weak against.

guy222
hal

Lord Prime
Hal Jordan

Bouboumaster
Possibly the Fallen One. But I haven't seen enough feats of if to put him above.

guy222
hal

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by llagrok

Really where does it show that the GL Rings can do that?

OneDumbG0
^ Oops.

Priest
Would a GL know that?
I never seen him display Cosmic Awareness.
Anywayz Hal still wins.

llagrok
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Really where does it show that the GL Rings can do that?

The fact that it can create all kinds of energy? It's like claiming that someone with matter manipulation wouldn't be capable of manipulating a certain element, because they've never used THAT particular element.

If SHIP can figure it out, a GL ring would have no trouble at all.

Red Hulk
Jordan could simulate the energy which the fallen is especially weak against. Isn't he weak to planets exploding?

Aster Phoenix
The fact that it can create all kinds of energy?

Really where is that stated?

batdude123

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by batdude123

Personally I give her a 3, but that's just me and I usually have unreasonably high standards with women.

Desaad
Originally posted by Priest
Would a GL know that?
I never seen him display Cosmic Awareness.
Anywayz Hal still wins.

The rings have prodigous scanning abilities. Something like this would fall within their purview.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by Desaad
The rings have prodigous scanning abilities. Something like this would fall within their purview.

But can they replicate energy to go up against Fallen One?

Personally I don't know who would win.

Soljer
ahahahhahaa

"Where is the evidence that Green Lanterns can create and manipulate energy?"

is akin to asking

"Who says Superman can fire lasers out of his eyes?! I don't think he can do that..."

iceman24567
Can Gl rings detect peoples weaknesses? If they can The Fallen One gets one shotted.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Soljer
ahahahhahaa

is akin to asking

"Who says Superman can fire lasers out of his eyes?! I don't think he can do that..." It's not lasers, it's HV...

*insert oh snap*

Suck it!

Aster Phoenix
ahahahhahaa

is akin to asking

"Who says Superman can fire lasers out of his eyes?! I don't think he can do that..."

No, I am asking for proof that GL rings can create that specific type of energy.

llagrok
ahahahhahaa

is akin to asking

Which is basically what the DC haters has going for them.

Aster Phoenix
Which is basically what the DC haters has going for them.

I am far from a DC hater. I just want proof.

OneDumbG0
The fact that it can create all kinds of energy? It's like claiming that someone with matter manipulation wouldn't be capable of manipulating a certain element, because they've never used THAT particular element.

If SHIP can figure it out, a GL ring would have no trouble at all. No seriously. When has a post-Crisis Green Lantern simulated a different kind of energy with their rings?
ahahahhahaa

is akin to asking

"Who says Superman can fire lasers out of his eyes?! I don't think he can do that..." No really. When has a post-Crisis Green Lantern simulated a different kind of energy with their rings? It seems preposterous that they couldn't, but I'd like to see it on-panel before assuming they could. Truly. I'm not kidding.

Mindset
Originally posted by Red Hulk
It's not lasers, it's HV...

*insert oh snap*

Suck it! lol

CaptainStoic
I'm feeling Hal on this one, but he has quite a few low showings when tangling with characters that can break through his solidified constructs (Lobo being one of them and can't even fly). The Fallen One can fly and has shown to be class 100.

If Hal can funnel off his cosmic energy to weaken him then he would surely win this, but if it got all up close and personal???

Desaad
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
No seriously. When has a post-Crisis Green Lantern simulated a different kind of energy with their rings?
No really. When has a post-Crisis Green Lantern simulated a different kind of energy with their rings? It seems preposterous that they couldn't, but I'd like to see it on-panel before assuming they could. Truly. I'm not kidding.

Rather than saying PRe-Crisis, you should probably specify "In continuity", since a lot of those Pre-Crisis stories get referenced in Post Crisis stories.

Desaad
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
But can they replicate energy to go up against Fallen One?

I don't know if they can replicate that particular type of energy, since I don't think any GL has ever encountered the Fallen One in particular, or been forced to replicate that particular energy.

But they can scan and discover that someone is a kryptonian, and then create kryptonite radiation.

What has Fallen One actually accomplished for you to give him this level of credit?

OneDumbG0
Rather than saying PRe-Crisis, you should probably specify "In continuity", since a lot of those Pre-Crisis stories get referenced in Post Crisis stories. Well show me "in continuity" scans of where they replicate different forms of energy with their rings.
I don't know if they can replicate that particular type of energy, since I don't think any GL has ever encountered the Fallen One in particular, or been forced to replicate that particular energy.

But they can scan and discover that someone is a kryptonian, and then create kryptonite radiation.Show us where they do this.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I'm feeling Hal on this one
blink

Anyway, I haven't seen enough feats from The Fallen One to place him above Hal Jordan.

Hal Jordan FTW.

Desaad
Well show me "in continuity" scans of where they replicate different forms of energy with their rings.
Show us where they do this.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/fc994039.jpg

For you.

Kyle has done it too.

Mindset
But Kyle is the greatest GL to ever live.

You can't compare that loser Hal to him.

Desaad
Originally posted by Mindset

Well, the scan above is of Hal, so it really shouldn't matter.

I'm really glad that all continuity points to the opposite of what you're saying, though. smile

Mindset
Well DC doesn't want to lose their Hal fanboys by printing the truth.

OneDumbG0
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/fc994039.jpg

For you.

Kyle has done it too. That scan is from Green Lantern: Legacy - The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan. And that guy making kryptonite is actually Pieface, not Hal Jordan. And Pieface was given what appeared to be a Green Lantern ring, but was actually the Power of the Guardians. Which ended up recreating Oa on it's own.

I don't doubt that Hal has limited transmutation. But creating a mineral like kryptonite or plutonium that has it's own radiation is not exactly the same thing. Especially not in Fallen One's case, as the energy that weakened him was not mineral-specific, but the residual energy from recently deceased souls. So the question remains:
Well show me "in continuity" scans of where they replicate different forms of energy with their rings.

Desaad
That scan is from Green Lantern: Legacy - The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan. And that guy making kryptonite is actually Pieface, not Hal Jordan. And Pieface was given what appeared to be a Green Lantern ring, but was actually the Power of the Guardians. Which ended up recreating Oa on it's own.

I disagree.

Not only was that not the case, but in fact the ring come alive, but Tom makes it clear that "marty" was born as Hal flew to Oa, BEFORE he got the Guardians' power. Kyle links it to the son because it was Hal's GL energy, with Hal's mind imprinted onto it.

Most damning to your idea, of course, is the fact that these were plans CONCEIVED by Hal Jordan. What you're looking at are Flash backs, as Hal explains to Tom how he would take down the JLA -- why in the world would he come up with a plan that he couldn't execute? Why would he say that the ring can create Kryptonite -- when it couldnt?

I should hope not, given that we just recently saw him transmute Adam Strange into his normal human body after he was half converted to water.

I suspect that no matter what example anyone gives, you'll reason that since it isn't EXACTLY the type of energy Fallen One showed, it doesn't count. Would GL's absorbing soul energy change your mind? Or turning themselves into pure thought energy? Would Hal recreating a constrictor object he had scanned earlier do it? Or retaliating against a foe by using the same type of psionic attack they used against him, essentially copying that type of energy?

Would any of these things do it, or would you reason that because we've never seen Hal create energy akin to those created by dying souls, he wouldn't be capable of doing so in this one?

Desaad
And as for recreating a planet being out of the realm for a GL...Katma Tui and John Stewart did just that in the old GL issues, Kyle Rayner has done that twice (once around Traitor, and once he recreated the planet Pluto).

Considering that what you call "the Guardian's power" soon went onto to become Kilowog's ring, I think it's pretty obvious that it was just a GL ring.

OneDumbG0
I disagree.

Not only was that not the case, but in fact the ring come alive, but Tom makes it clear that "marty" was born as Hal flew to Oa, BEFORE he got the Guardians' power. Kyle links it to the son because it was Hal's GL energy, with Hal's mind imprinted onto it.

Most damning to your idea, of course, is the fact that these were plans CONCEIVED by Hal Jordan. What you're looking at are Flash backs, as Hal explains to Tom how he would take down the JLA -- why in the world would he come up with a plan that he couldn't execute? Why would he say that the ring can create Kryptonite -- when it couldnt?What exactly are you disagreeing with me here on? That it was not Hal Jordan, but Pieface that actually is accomplishing the feat? That the ring was not actually a standard GL ring but something else? And did I say that Hal couldn't transmute kryptonite... or did I say that "I don't doubt that Hal has limited transmutation." I know Pieface was using Hal's old stories/plans to do what he did. But nothing I said was incorrect.
I should hope not, given that we just recently saw him transmute Adam Strange into his normal human body after he was half converted to water.

I suspect that no matter what example anyone gives, you'll reason that since it isn't EXACTLY the type of energy Fallen One showed, it doesn't count. Would GL's absorbing soul energy change your mind? Or turning themselves into pure thought energy? Would Hal recreating a constrictor object he had scanned earlier do it? Or retaliating against a foe by using the same type of psionic attack they used against him, essentially copying that type of energy?

Would any of these things do it, or would you reason that because we've never seen Hal create energy akin to those created by dying souls, he wouldn't be capable of doing so in this one? The issue with Fallen One is moot. Since everybody agrees that Hal doesn't know that he is susceptible to that kind of radiation. There's no need to dodge by bringing up and scrutinizing a side issue, because the question remains the same:
No seriously. When has a post-Crisis Green Lantern simulated a different kind of energy with their rings?
No really. When has a post-Crisis Green Lantern simulated a different kind of energy with their rings? It seems preposterous that they couldn't, but I'd like to see it on-panel before assuming they could. Truly. I'm not kidding.
Well show me "in continuity" scans of where they replicate different forms of energy with their rings.Is it that hard to answer this simple question?
And as for recreating a planet being out of the realm for a GL...Katma Tui and John Stewart did just that in the old GL issues, Kyle Rayner has done that twice (once around Traitor, and once he recreated the planet Pluto).

Considering that what you call "the Guardian's power" soon went onto to become Kilowog's ring, I think it's pretty obvious that it was just a GL ring.Are you referring to when Stewart and Katma terraformed an asteroid? That's not a planet-making feat, dude. At all. IIRC, Kyle only pieced back a planet's debris and trapped Traitor inside it. That's not even close to recreating Oa in it's entirety sans Guardians. Kyle also recreated Pluto in his Our Worlds At War tie-in issue where he was tapping into the residual Ion power in the sun.

While I don't remember the origin of Kilowog's current ring, considering that this portion of the "Guardian's power" spent a lot of itself recreating Oa, I don't doubt that it could be refashioned into a standard GL ring. Anyway, answer the above question. I'm not rehashing years of continuity of GL history. I just want a simple answer to my simple question.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Mindset

Prove it.
Kyle will never be as great as Hal.
Heck, even The Sentinel is better than Kyle.

DestinyGuy678
I disagree.

Most damning to your idea, of course, is the fact that these were plans CONCEIVED by Hal Jordan. What you're looking at are Flash backs, as Hal explains to Tom how he would take down the JLA -- why in the world would he come up with a plan that he couldn't execute? Why would he say that the ring can create Kryptonite -- when it couldnt?

Would any of these things do it, or would you reason that because we've never seen Hal create energy akin to those created by dying souls, he wouldn't be capable of doing so in this one?
I rememebr that and reading it, he never directly says he can create the same tiype of radiation, but he merely says the kryptonite would frighten superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.