The Apprentice (UK version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
The big boss is back with a new members who want to be his Apprentice. This years show looks better then last year seeing Alan suger kicking there butts stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I'll specify you mean the UK version.

exanda kane
I can't believe Alan Sugar had a go at the BBC recently for putting him forward as a miserly tight fisted arse. Says they (the producers of the show which has given him more publicity, and a bit more money, than he would have had otherwise) deliberatedly miss out on his comedic charm and the fact that he is a nice bloke in the final edit. If you've ever seen him in an interview outside of the show you'll know the guy can't crack a line and has such a sullen sense of humour he almost deserves his rep.

coolmovies
yes i heard it on the news

BruceSkywalker
How different is the UK version from the American version?

superr
i think the format is almost the same.But Sir Alan Sugar is very different to Donald Trump
He dosent deal in charm and barely knows what a smile is.He calls it like it is and if you deserve to be called a fool thats what you get.

superr
A S has no compunction saying---
Dont come here saying your like me, your not
This is a total shambles
Im sick of the site of you
Your a complete idiot
to the contenders

Magee
lol I love how he sends them out telling them one is going to be fired. Says to his assitant guys ok lets bring them back in and fire one of them. I think he just takes the show very serious considering one of them ends up working for him, it may be a reality show of sorts but at the end of the day he is looking for an employee, some one who can make him even more stinking rich.

exanda kane
Also it showos how depraved Capitalism has become =]

superr
Nick the accountant shows a glimmer of humanity now and then but i wouldnt want to meet Alan s lady assistant down a dark alley.
AS A S put it to a contender.
"If you dont like it ,its not for you ,this is business this is what we do."

Ushgarak
The ironic thing about Alan Sugar not being happy with his portrayal as a curmudgeon is that... that is actually what makes him popular. Secretly everyone loves a bad guy like him (who is successful for a reasoN!) to call a spade a spade and cut some of those egos down to size.

Of course his own ego could crush mountains but you feel he's earned it.

oakling
Originally posted by superr
i think the format is almost the same.But Sir Alan Sugar is very different to Donald Trump
He dosent deal in charm and barely knows what a smile is.He calls it like it is and if you deserve to be called a fool thats what you get.

Sounds kind of like Trump + Carolyn; she was always the one on the US Apprentice (back in the day before the old idiot fired her!!) who called it like it was. She wasn't afraid to interrupt some whining apprentice with "You were wrong! You were wrong, you were wrong, you were wrong." Much better than Trump's deluded and smarmy attempts to play the apprentices off each other and favor them based on their personalities.

debbiex
I am so addicted to The UK Apprentice..though I think the lot on this series are pretty weak!

Koenig
Just watching these idiots muddle there way though there tasks makes me laugh. But in the cold light of day it shows these people had no experience of life as they come straight out of university thinking they know it all. This country is heading for a big fall letting these folk run the show. I say, work your way up the ladder from the bottom and not just slot in because you got good grades.

Ushgarak
Err, quite of a lot of them HAVE come from the bottom (the first series winner made his way up from working in the Underground).

And it seems to make for as much arrogance as going via the uni route, btw.

Koenig
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Err, quite of a lot of them HAVE come from the bottom (the first series winner made his way up from working in the Underground).

And it seems to make for as much arrogance as going via the uni route, btw.

Well then, we're boned.

exanda kane
I have a natural sense of superiority. I should go on The Apprentice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.