Writing Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
Lucas talked about how he wrote the original star wars trilogy based on what he could accomplish on film. Now, we got alot of OT people who dislike the PT. Anyway, today, Lucas can pretty much accomplish anything he wants on screen for the PT and he can write it anyway he seems fit. Does this make Lucas a bad writer for the PT? or does CGI just plain suck....

We all know the OT is great, but he was limited due to what he could accomplish on screen. Lucas had all the resources in the world to make the PT, but didn't meet the OT standards. So, what makes Star Wars great?

Lord Knightfa11
storyline. you can have all the lightsabers, powers, effects, cool looking ships you want, but what people want is that goose pimple storyline.

star wars is not about the effects or what gl can accomplish on the big screen

star wars is about the story, the i am your father moments. the second you realized that anakin was so damned if he did, and so damned if he didnt join sideous.

star wars is 90% story, and 10% graphics.

queeq
But in the PT it seems that balance is somewhat disturbed...

Lord Knightfa11
im sorry. i know that ot means original trilogy, but what exactly does pt mean? i assume prequel trilogy?

or pregnant teacher

or potty trained

and yes in pt (assuming it means prequel trilogy) 1 and 2, the storyline really sucks. it seems the closer you get to ot the better it gets.

queeq
PT is prequel trilogy... (or pregnant teacher or pesty tourist, or painful testtube.)

exanda kane
The PT reminds me of a painful testtube.

queeq
Shoved up your bu... errr...

Sesse
Burdened urethra? confused

queeq
Exactly!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
storyline. you can have all the lightsabers, powers, effects, cool looking ships you want, but what people want is that goose pimple storyline.

star wars is about the story, the i am your father moments. the second you realized that anakin was so damned if he did, and so damned if he didnt join sideous.

QFT

queeq
QFT???

exanda kane
I think it's swahili for "mountain cleft."

queeq
Makes sense.

JediRobin23
wow. The 'prequel trilogy' seemed like 10% storyline, 90% graphics

JediRobin23
actually, I dont really believe that. But it brought up a question in my mind that Mr George concentrated more on effects rather than the story

Sesse
Plus this time they didn't actually use the Force to move stuff. They had CGI. That Xwing thing really took lots of concentration from Yodas actor. Frank Oz is strong with the force indeed.

queeq
True. Years of Fozzie Bear can do that to a man.

Lord Knightfa11
hehe... i would say kermit is the most like yoda. they should have a special where yoda and kermit get together and sing "it isnt easy being green"

queeq
We'll have to resurrect Jim Henson first.

Lord Knightfa11
just read empire's end. i believe that jim henson has similar power lol....

queeq
Good point.

Lord Knightfa11
yea... if he wanted to, he would come back and infest some puppet.

Alliance
and it would look as retarded as it did in TPM.

Thank god its being corrected.

queeq
Maybe.

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11

Exactly

queeq
Or at least, it should be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.