firestorm vs cyborg superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORD B
who wins this?

complexbrother
Firestorm can transmute all inorganic elements. and since Cyborg Superman is mostly inorganic that by it self is a major disadvantage.

Firestorm has other things going for him that would also put him over the top.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Firecstorm_23.jpg
Firestorm for the win 8 - 10

Avlon
Henshaw whoops that ass.

Priest
FireStorm.

superchron
Cyborg Superman ftw

Avlon
Originally posted by complexbrother
Firestorm can transmute all inorganic elements. and since Cyborg Superman is mostly inorganic that by it self is a major disadvantage.

Just wanted to clear this up.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5231/adventuresofsuperman563mi6.th.jpghttp://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8656/superman140p03az2.th.jpg

Borg has been fully organic before.

Originally posted by complexbrother
Firestorm has other things going for him that would also put him over the top.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Firecstorm_23.jpg
Firestorm for the win 8 - 10

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8776/electricsupermansagapagvr8.th.jpghttp://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6466/electricsupermansagapaglc1.th.jpg

Henshaw is pretty good with inorganics too. The guy just created living kryptonian tissue out of a basketball and pom pom.

Add to that his far superior speed, strength, and his addition of power rings and it's a one sided battle.

He could also just use a geneti-lock and end the battle even quicker.

guy222
bumprav

Philosophía
Originally posted by Avlon
Henshaw whoops that ass.

Ambient
Current Firestorm losses but i give the Prof. Stein 6/10..

Galan007
current FS can transmute both organic and inorganic matter. just throwing that out there.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
current FS can transmute both organic and inorganic matter. just throwing that out there. Firestorm is being extremely underestimated here.

Anyone who thinks this is a cakewalk for Henshaw is completely wrong imho.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Firestorm is being extremely underestimated here.

Anyone who thinks this is a cakewalk for Henshaw is completely wrong imho. i agree.

guy222
FS

Aster Phoenix
FS 8/10
Stein FS 10/10

OneDumbG0
current FS can transmute both organic and inorganic matter. just throwing that out there. I agree that Firestorm is underrated. But are you sure that he still doesn't have some problems?

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6347/firestorm01aj6.th.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I agree that Firestorm is underrated. But are you sure that he still doesn't have some problems?

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6347/firestorm01aj6.th.jpg i didn't say FS has no problems. someone made a comment that FS is only capable of transmuting inorganic matter. this is simply not true - nothing more was meant by my reply. however, i do believe that saying cyborg supes would take this battle with any degree of ease, is to grossly underestimate jason. just my opinion.

tkitna
Firestorm, but yet he got beaten by WW3 Black Adam,,,,,,Hmmm!

Aster Phoenix
Well Nihil never specified which version of FS.

Ronnie FS 6/10
Current FS 8/10
Stein FS grants Hanks wish to die.

Galan007
Originally posted by tkitna
Firestorm, but yet he got beaten by WW3 Black Adam,,,,,,Hmmm! so did damn near every other DC hero. you know why? because instead of actually using their powers they just bum-rushed teth. a textbook demonstration of pis.

srsly

iceman24567
Originally posted by quanchi112
Firestorm is being extremely underestimated here.

Anyone who thinks this is a cakewalk for Henshaw is completely wrong imho. I agree with this here.

tkitna
so did damn near every other DC hero. you know why? because instead of actually using their powers they just bum-rushed teth. a textbook demonstration of pis.

srsly

Hey, i'm on your side. I agree it was garbage.

Firestorm could have stopped him but yet he decided to try a physical assault. Brilliant!

OneDumbG0
^ Are there particular panels of Firestorm throwing a punch at Black Adam or are we just assuming he was brawling? As far as I saw, most everyone was fighting Black Adam with their powers.

joshypooh
Firestorm wins. So much cyborg wanking in the beginning of the thread.

Avlon
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Well Nihil never specified which version of FS.

Ronnie FS 6/10
Current FS 8/10
Stein FS grants Hanks wish to die.

I'm not sure where these numbers come from. As shown, Henshaw (at least when it comes to his own physical form) can do some complex matter manip as well and has never shown a weakness to matter manipulation.

Once you take matter manip out of the equation for FS...what's left? A physical assault? That would be a bloodbath in Borgs favor. Stein is extremely intelligent, but so is Henshaw.

Are there any examples of uber durability for Firestorm that I'm missing?

Aster Phoenix
I meant if it's Firestorm in his elemental form. And FS ability to manipulate matter is much more then just himself. The only thing holding Jason back is his inexperience.

Galan007
^ Are there particular panels of Firestorm throwing a punch at Black Adam or are we just assuming he was brawling? As far as I saw, most everyone was fighting Black Adam with their powers. during WW3 all we saw FS do was rush in at teth, along with a wave of DC heroes. he used no powers whatsoever and was grabbed by the throat and tossed aside. in fact, the only characters who really did use any of their powers wisely were j'onn, and captain marvel. everyone else pretty much went 'full retard' with that battle. meh.

Once you take matter manip out of the equation for FS...what's left? A physical assault? That would be a bloodbath in Borgs favor. Stein is extremely intelligent, but so is Henshaw. jason was able to throw fisticuffs with an amped kalibak for a brief while, before owning him via some type of uber explosion. so saying it would be a "bloodbath" in henshaw's favor if jason were to engage him physically, is a tinge over the top. i know you like henshaw - but if he did take this, he would not do so easily imo.

Aster Phoenix
everyone else pretty much went 'full retard' with that battle. meh.

Bush must have come up with their battle plan.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Bush must have come up with their battle plan. laughing Only that name makes me glad i wasn't born here.

Avlon
jason was able to throw fisticuffs with an amped kalibak for a brief while, before owning him via some type of uber explosion. so saying it would be a "bloodbath" in henshaw's favor if jason were to engage him physically, is a tinge over the top. i know you like henshaw - but if he did take this, he would not do so easily imo.

It's bad both ways. Some of the FS wins results are quite over the top themselves....

The example you gave is pretty respectable. Is this in his respect thread by the way? I'm aware of FS power set...it's his durability I'm curious about. I know he's enhanced but as far as I've known he's nowhere near Superman/GL/Mongul/Eradicator level.

Aster Phoenix
It's bad both ways. Some of the FS wins results are quite over the top themselves....

The example you gave is pretty respectable. Is this in his respect thread by the way? I'm aware of FS power set...it's his durability I'm curious about. I know he's enhanced but as far as I've known he's nowhere near Superman/GL/Mongul/Eradicator level.

Depends which one, E Firestorm is over their level.

Galan007
it's his durability I'm curious about. I know he's enhanced but as far as I've known he's nowhere near Superman/GL/Mongul/Eradicator level. FS took strike after strike from the amped kalibak, and just kept coming. that tells me quite a bit about his durability, considering this same kalibak wtfpwned/ko'd orion with very little effort.

OneDumbG0
during WW3 all we saw FS do was rush in at teth, along with a wave of DC heroes. he used no powers whatsoever and was grabbed by the throat and tossed aside. in fact, the only characters who really did use any of their powers wisely were j'onn, and captain marvel. everyone else pretty much went 'full retard' with that battle. meh.The Guy and John Stewart were using their rings. As was Alan Scott. The Teen Titans were all using their powers (poor Terra). Steel and his daughter tried using a missile before Booster Gold stole it. Stargirl was using her staff. Wonder Girl was using her lasso. You could assume that Firestorm never used his powers in the absence of any depiction. Especially if you've been reading comics as long as I have and understand the inverse ninja rule applies even to heroes. But to me, the single issue in Countdown and the World War III specials didn't really convey a sense of mass retardation on the heroes' part.

Galan007
But to me, the single issue in Countdown and the World War III specials didn't really convey a sense of mass retardation on the heroes' part. it did to me. teth is not that uber. even during WW3. had all those heroes used their powers like we know they are capable of, things would've been much different. anyhow, this is going way off topic lol

quanchi112
The Guy and John Stewart were using their rings. As was Alan Scott. The Teen Titans were all using their powers (poor Terra). Steel and his daughter tried using a missile before Booster Gold stole it. Stargirl was using her staff. Wonder Girl was using her lasso. You could assume that Firestorm never used his powers in the absence of any depiction. Especially if you've been reading comics as long as I have and understand the inverse ninja rule applies even to heroes. But to me, the single issue in Countdown and the World War III specials didn't really convey a sense of mass retardation on the heroes' part. Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.