Darth malak and revan vs NJO luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
An all out fight.in the Jedi council chamber. who wins?

Blue_Hefner
Revan . . . alone

Lightsnake
Luke. Easily

Darth Sexy
I fail to see how luke wins this easily unless you're insinuating that Jacen>Revan and Malak, or hell, even Jacen>Revan.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I fail to see how luke wins this easily unless you're insinuating that Jacen>Revan and Malak, or hell, even Jacen>Revan.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you been praising Luke's abilities as the "most powerful Force-user" ever? That would put him in excess of the likes of Darth Sidious and upper tier Force users, who would most certainly manhandle Darth Revan (who is lesser than Yoda) and Darth Malak (who is on par with Count Dooku).

I would say that Skywalker takes this comfortably; Count Dooku vs. Obi-Wan and Anakin in Attack of the Clones seems an apt measurement.

Darth Sexy
Yes I have but that got me thinking, if Luke can take those two comfortable, then by some measure Jacen must be more powerful than either of them and possibly than both of them combined. That would make no sense seeing as how their dark side knowledge are beyond Jacen's, as should be Revan's force mastery.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Yes I have but that got me thinking, if Luke can take those two comfortable, then by some measure Jacen must be more powerful than either of them and possibly than both of them combined. That would make no sense seeing as how their dark side knowledge are beyond Jacen's, as should be Revan's force mastery.

Just because Person X can withstand Person Y, that doesn't mean Person X can withstand Person Z, even if Person Z is inferior to Person Y.

We can blame this all on writer's fiat, but Jacen's raw strength in the Force likely acts as a multiplier, and it's clear that his raw abilities are well in excess of Revan's and Malak's. It's the reason why Anakin Skywalker, despite much lesser accumulated time and training, was superior to his master even as of Attack of the Clones.

Darth Sexy
Well I guess that's one way of putting it. If I'm arguing out of ignorance it's because of the LOTF authors.

darthsith19
Next time skywalker833 makes a "Luke vs." thread, lets all say that Luke would lose just to piss him off and shut him up.

skywalker833
WTF? I dont know what your problem is, but im just trying to put some threads with luke in after i noticed that there arent many with him. I can post some other threads in or something, just tell me what im doing wrong and i will try to correct it. you dont have to get all mad.

ThoraxeRMG
You're posting a extreme amount of threads.
There, is that clear enough for you?

skywalker833
Im just trying to get some on in my first days here, than i'll lay low, so lay off.

ThoraxeRMG
Why? A majority of your thread's combatants are literally random.
With some people fighting other people that may be leagues away from their own "Power" category.

skywalker833
OK, first of all, do you have something against me? I havent done anything to you. Pretty much all of my threads are good, so back off.

darthsith19
Dude, you're the one who needs to back off. Nobody here likes you. Because you keep making stupid threads and you keep bumping old threads. And then, when people try to tell you nicely to stop, you get snotty with them. So just stop, okay? Before everybody gets on your case.

skywalker833
First of all, people arent asking anything nicely. Just remember, i'm a kid who is new to this whole thing, i dont want to make any enemies.

darthsith19
Are you paranoid or something? We asked you nicely first. But you kept doing it.

That was the first time I warned you, and the first time anybody tried to help you out that I know of. While I wasn't extremely nice there I don't see how I was mean, either. I was just straight-forward with you.

skywalker833
ok,ok,ok. I'll back off. I dont see what im doing wrong but you've been here longer, i respect that and i should probably take your advice.

darthsith19
The thing is, people don't like it when:
- Somebody makes a whole bunch of threads at once. Just try to make threads in moderation, okay?
- Somebody bumps an old thread. If you say disagreed with what most people said in the old thread and are ready to debate your points, fine. But don't just bump an old thread to repeat what everybody else has said, okay?

Do you understand that these things can be annoying? I also bumped a fair number of old threads over the course of 2-3 days when I first came to this section. It aggravated people.

skywalker833
Yeah, i kinda see why that is a little anoying. Thanks for telling. And at first it seemed like there were tons of threads and i wanted to make some myself. I think im rushing this whole thing. Thanks alot for the advice.

darthsith19
No problem.

ThoraxeRMG
Hopefully we all can learn from this insane yet hilarious event.

skywalker833
Yeah. And by the way, I think we're going a little off topic! lol

darthsith19
Well I think we all agree that Luke would win, so lets just let this die, okay?

ThoraxeRMG
Wait! I never agreed that Luke would win!!!! XD

Janus Marius
Luke is good enough to take on two Sith Lords at once, huh?

skywalker833
Yeah, lets call it dead.

Janus Marius
I was still looking for the definitive proof.

skywalker833
Sorry...

ThoraxeRMG
....! Yeah, even though I hate to admit it, Luke is.

Janus Marius
Well, I guess we could always just post opinions and call it productive.

Malak and Revan win.

skywalker833
Exactly, i think most people on this thread said luke would win, anyone not agree?

darthsith19
Janus disagrees, but I'm not going to debate with him. But Janus, are you being serious?

Janus Marius
Me. I think such a sweeping statement begs for proof. I'm not saying that Luke won't win, but I am saying that we should be better than this. We should post why either side would win and make it convincing. Otherwise, we're just wasting time and bandwidth.

Now, anyone here have a good argument for Mr Skywalker?

skywalker833
I'm not getting into this...

darthsith19
Me neither, but on the other hand, are there any good arguements for Revan and Malak? If we all agree that Luke would win, I don't see what the point debating it would be. If we want to debate, we should debate about something that is disagreed upon.

Janus Marius
No, I didn't expect you would. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but to be convinced, some of us require decent arguments. Again, Luke may very well carry the day, but I for one would like to see something in his favor other than opinions and blanket statements.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by darthsith19
Me neither, but on the other hand, are there any good arguements for Revan and Malak? If we all agree that Luke would win, I don't see what the point debating it would be. If we want to debate, we should debate about something that is disagreed upon.

So let me formulate what I believe is your position:

Luke has an established series of movies and books and is pretty impressive by most people's standards.

Ergo he destroys two notorious and powerful Sith lords in single combat.

You find that perfectly acceptable, huh?

skywalker833
Ok, here goes. Luke could take one out with his instakill. Then defeat the other one.

Janus Marius
What "instakill?" Substantiate how it works and why it will kill a Sith Lord, beings who typically specialize in using the dark size offensively?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Janus Marius
So let me formulate what I believe is your position:

Luke has an established series of movies and books and is pretty impressive by most people's standards.

Ergo he destroys two notorious and powerful Sith lords in single combat.

You find that perfectly acceptable, huh?
You really want to debate, huh? Well I'm not feeling up to it, sorry dude. You're too good for me anyways, but I'm sure Lightsnake or Gideon will come around sometime.

skywalker833
Actually Marius, all i know is that it worked amazingly with the vong

Janus Marius
You're sometimes better than you give yourself credit for, and quite frankly you've weathered a lot of harsh debating all these years rather well, so I respect if you try. If not, I'm fine with that. I just want to put the challenge out there for those who will take it up. I'm very interested in seeing Luke's powers and feats put into context because I have not been able to read up on him lately.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by skywalker833
Actually Marius, all i know is that it worked amazingly with the vong

Me too, which is why I'm not convinced it works on dark siders.

darthsith19
Thank you. But, I'm not feeling up to it right now. I'm not really an expert on Luke. What I know about Luke after DE is pretty much just what I've heard from people here, and what I've read on Wookieepedia.

skywalker833
a great place to look is wookiepedia, if you have the time. of course you probably already know about it.

Janus Marius
I thought about reading it, but sometimes Wookiepedia is biased.

skywalker833
True.

darthsith19
About Luke's "Instakill" lightning. All I know about it is didn't it kill like 7 Vong in 1 second? Assuming it works the same on Vong as Force Lightning works on humans, and all other species, Revan and Malak would be f*cked, I think. Yoda was barely able to block Sidious's lightning, and Sidious's lightning was about to rip Mace's lightsaber right out of his hands (the novel states that Mace had no strength left in him, and that his blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone, and Mace admitted to Anakin that Palpatine was too strong for him - that's when the lightning attack ceased). Luke's lightning, stronger than Sidious's, would be unstoppable for Malak or Revan, then, unless it can be proved that they are enough stronger physically than Mace that they could block it with their lightsaber. Neither of them could block it with the Force, either, since Yoda is stronger than either of them (it was stated in the ROTS novel or something that he was the strongest Jedi ever up to that point). So if Luke can take even one of them out quickly, the other one would be a goner.

That's all I've got. It didn't really show all of his powers and feats, though, just talked about his lightning.

skywalker833
Exactly, and not many guys out there are stronger physically than Mace. Luke has won this one. Anyone have an argument?

Darth Sexy
Why doesn't it work on darksiders again Janus? The Vong weren't outside of the force, they were on another level. It's a more powerful version of force lightning so remind me why it wouldn't work..

skywalker833
They were on another level? I don't remember hearing that . Please explain.

Janus Marius
He's just spewing nonsense. Don't mind him.

Lightsnake
At this point, Luke is able to feel Vong in the Force, and IIRC, he uses the ability on Kiliks...there's no reason he should lose this. He's faster, stronger, more powerful, with far more force mastery and skill

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Janus Marius
He's just spewing nonsense. Don't mind him.

One could say the same about all of your pointless rants on this forum. Just because they couldn't be felt in the force doesn't mean they existed outside of the force. They were on another level of the force. I believe it was either Vergere or somebody else who stated that the Jedi couldn't sense the Vong because of their perception of the force.

Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
About Luke's "Instakill" lightning. All I know about it is didn't it kill like 7 Vong in 1 second?It killed one. Luke did the rest with his lightsaber.

And LS, when did he use it on a Killik?

Lightsnake
I could be wrong, but didn't he use it in the Swarm War?

And the Slayer very obviously died when Luke zapped it...it's described as toppling like a tree...nothing mentions Luke dispatching it with his saber from there

Lord Knightfa11
people are strange and aggresive here. its not their fault. this forum tends to bring out the worst in them. i would suggest star wars prequell for freindly discussion. queeq and general g can get quite entertaining...

Faunus
Originally posted by Lightsnake
I could be wrong, but didn't he use it in the Swarm War?I don't know; I only read a few passages from those books. That's why I was asking, as I've heard people mention it before, but no one's ever cited a direct source or posted the passage.

That's what I said. I was pointing out to darthsith that Luke only killed one of the slayers with the lightning, and killed the rest with his lightsaber. He thought that Luke killed seven in one second with the attack, or something like that.

Lightsnake
You'll understand if I never want to look at Dark Nest again, myself...I read it once and never read it again.

And sorry, Faunus...thought you implied that Luke killed the Slayer he hit with EL with his saber, misunderstood

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faunus
It killed one. Luke did the rest with his lightsaber.

And LS, when did he use it on a Killik?
Like I said, all I know about NJO is what I hear on here. That's why i put a "?" after I said "didn't he kill 7 at once".

skywalker833
I didn't read much of the DNT, anyone care to fill me in, or is it too long?

Darth Exodus
Arguments for Revan and Malak:

By Gideon's assumed omniscience Revan is slightly lower than Yoda and Malak is on par with Dooku. I'm inclined to agree with him on this (but would argue about Revan. Lose, but argue) Does anyone here think that Luke could take on two of the most powerful combatants ever singlehanded? For power reference simply watch RotS and see how Sids does against Yoda alone. Now Sids does grow but I still think that a Yoda/Dooku tag team could take him on and win. Also add that Rev and Mal were both highly skilled duelists, the greatest of their era capable of literally wading through lesser FS's and they have a good chance of winning.
As for the Force lightning quotes, Revan and Malak are (almost) undoubtably stronger with the Force than Windu and combined would be able to block Luke lightning. Remember, Revan could learn a technique in KOTOR that could block lightning so it's safe to assume that her much more learned alter-ego could also do this. Malak too.

Arguments for Luke:

He's 'Uber'

His flyaway blond hair and painsoaked eyes cause Malak to instantly melt and join him in sweet homosexual love/rape. Revan vomits and walks off.

BTW, sorry for my 'much lamented' absence but the library was shut over easter and my mother went to hospital with a kidney infection so I was busy. You may now commence with the 'applause' at my return.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Remember, Revan could learn a technique in KOTOR that could block lightning so it's safe to assume that her much more learned alter-ego could also do this. Malak too.

And what technique would is it that HE can learn? Remember that the attacks you can give your Revan are not canon.

Darth Exodus
It was that force shield thing that made Revan go red and immune to certain power's and resistent to other's. And I know that they're not canon but its safe to assume that Darth Revan could use all of the power's that Amnesia Revan could becuase all of AR's force power's were learnt through the Jedi and Bastila, whom DR was stated to have 'learnt all she could from them. All she needed to learn now was how to leave them forever'.
And I'm too damn old to stop referring to Revan as a girl. And too non-conformist.

Gideon
My omniscience notwithstanding (there is nothing 'assumed' about it), the equally omniscient narrator of the Revenge of the Sith novelization refers to Master Yoda as "the most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known."

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
It was that force shield thing that made Revan go red and immune to certain power's and resistent to other's. And I know that they're not canon but its safe to assume that Darth Revan could use all of the power's that Amnesia Revan could becuase all of AR's force power's were learnt through the Jedi and Bastila, whom DR was stated to have 'learnt all she could from them. All she needed to learn now was how to leave them forever'.
And I'm too damn old to stop referring to Revan as a girl. And too non-conformist.

Not cano,n so it doesn't mean anything. So I suggest you stick to legitimate powers Revan has shown not some you have the option to give your character until more is known about him. And btw which force power specifically is this from kotor?

Lord Knightfa11
really people. at the point of this, nothing can stop luke. this IS jedi grand master luke, correct?

so if luke is more powerful then anything the galaxy has ever known, and revan is more or less of an unknown, and malak is slightly less then him, only showing power in tactics, then what is the point? there is no way to debate revan and malak's power well with solid backing.

Darth Exodus
Wow Gideon, I didn't know that. Thanks for the 'cool' info. Y'know, you've changed my entire perception of Star wars and Yoda's place in it. Give yourself a pat on the back. happy wink

shifty

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Gideon
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you been praising Luke's abilities as the "most powerful Force-user" ever? That would put him in excess of the likes of Darth Sidious and upper tier Force users, who would most certainly manhandle Darth Revan (who is lesser than Yoda) and Darth Malak (who is on par with Count Dooku).

I would say that Skywalker takes this comfortably; Count Dooku vs. Obi-Wan and Anakin in Attack of the Clones seems an apt measurement.

https://img.pandawhale.com/post-46067-charlton-heston-laughing-gif-I-M2zI.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.