Mara Jade Skywalker vs Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
who wins. I think mara would win considering she put up an awesome fight against caedus.

Darth Sexy
Can you stop making gay threads?

Faunus
Stop making threads.

EDIT: Bleh. Jinx.

skywalker833
I fail to see what is so gay about it, please tell me.

Elite Hunter
Bane takes this,the only way Mara was able to fight so well with Caedus was because she got in him into a location that neutralizes his advantage over her.

skywalker833
True.

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Bane takes this,the only way Mara was able to fight so well with Caedus was because she got in him into a location that neutralizes his advantage over her.

Are you sure?

As I recall, though her Force powers were "crude" compared to his own, she defeated him by fighting smarter. She baited him and turned the fight to her advantage, using deception, subterfuge, the environment, and superior experience as an assassin and combatant.

She was trained as the Emperor's Hand, after all, and they're among the most skilled fighters in the mythos. You saw what Lumiya did to Luke.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Gideon
Are you sure?

As I recall, though her Force powers were "crude" compared to his own, she defeated him by fighting smarter. She baited him and turned the fight to her advantage, using deception, subterfuge, the environment, and superior experience as an assassin and combatant.

She was trained as the Emperor's Hand, after all, and they're among the most skilled fighters in the mythos. You saw what Lumiya did to Luke.

Agreed, I never said she was bad and her training is very impressive though I doubt she can stand up to RO2 Bane who was able to stand up two 2 jedi masters and at one point a third jedi all the while the jedi were being aided by battle meditation and he was controlling the fight.

skywalker833
This would be a very close match. I mean, mara had plenty of experience and quickly became a jedi master, but bane was an extremely strong sith, as you said, able to take on jedi masters more than one at a time.

Gideon
A close match? Not necessarily. Mara Jade Skywalker's victory over Jacen Solo was completely the result of greater experience and greater cunning; she had been trained as a Force-assisted assassin by the Emperor, and was likely privy to training by the greatest resources of the Empire, whereas Jacen Solo was not as fortunate. A Jedi's primary role is to be a guardian of peace, so it is not likely that their combat expertise would be equal to a trained killer. Meanwhile, while Darth Bane is not an assassin, he is a highly trained and powerful Sith Lord with likely less scruples than Mara, and he's brilliant in his own right.

skywalker833
Yes, a close match. That is what i said, is it not? Mara jade has enough skill to hold her own against bane. Though he would win in the end.

Gideon
Originally posted by skywalker833
Yes, a close match. That is what i said, is it not? Mara jade has enough skill to hold her own against bane. Though he would win in the end.

Not really. Mara's training and experience as an assassin are in excess of Bane's, but by all accounts, he's not as dimwitted as Jacen is. By fighting smart, which he does, he can nullify her advantage.

skywalker833
I never said Mara would win, i said it would be a close match. Mara is a powerful jedi, she can hold her own.

Gideon
I never said Mara would win, i said it would be a close match. Mara is a powerful jedi, she can hold her own.

A powerful Jedi? Sure. But Darth Bane is among the strongest Sith Lords there is. He's brilliant and has access to arsenals of power that Mara does not. His power, like Jacen's, exceeds Mara's and unlike Jacen, he's not foolish or deluded.

You have to prove that she'd "hold her own".

skywalker833
First of all, Bane has no idea of the techniques mara knows, mara put up a great fight against caedus,(and no matter what you say, is quite wise) and defeated luuke and c'baoth. What more do i need to say. I'm not disagreeing with you, bane is more powerful, i'm just saying mara can put up an awesome fight!

Gideon
First of all, Bane has no idea of the techniques mara knows,

I don't recall saying that he did. Furthermore, unless she's learned any particularly useful ones, I doubt it'll matter. Because, Luke Skywalker has not had any true foundation of Force knowledge to work with, and Palpatine was big on posting limitations for his underlings.

Actually, Caedus has essentially been defeated in every single engagement, and got his ass kicked by his post-middle-aged-aunt, despite vastly superior Force capabilities. Not exactly a beacon of wisdom.

Substantiate how powerful Luuke Skywalker was at the time. And she disembowelled C'Baoth, but did not overpower him, since he also manhandled her and the real Luke Skywalker simultaneously.

Something along the lines of evidence.

You really haven't proven that, but whatever, man.

skywalker833
Hey, you cant just ask me to give you evidence, and then just throw it away. I've given enough evidence as i need to give, now, what do you have to offer if anything?

Elite Hunter
Hey, you cant just ask me to give you evidence, and then just throw it away. I've given enough evidence as i need to give, now, what do you have to offer if anything?

Than I will give you some for Bane

He killed Kasim who is regarded as one of the greatest saber duelist of all time and a master every form save for vapaad.

He had access to Revan's holocron which I believe Bane said had "more knowledge than found on Korriban" at the time.

The orbalisks give him even more strength,speed, energy and endurance. Plus they can block lightsabers.

He is very skilled at force lightning.

He killed Hetton and 8 umbaran shadow assassins at once.

and he was able to fight 2 jedi masters and at one 3 jedi all at once while they were aided by another jedi master's battle meditation and he was doing very well against them.

skywalker833
Hey, i'm not asking you. And as ive alredy said but nobody seems to care, i think bane would win. I just think that mara would put up a good fight. And she would.

IKP
Well she wouldn't. Bane absolutely obliterates her. A better match up for Bane would be Luke.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by IKP
Well she wouldn't. Bane absolutely obliterates her. A better match up for Bane would be Luke.

We know Nebaris

skywalker833
I was gonna do that but it is already on the forums. Should i change it?

caedusrulesall
Shut it Noobaris. Luke would curbstomp Bane.

Now, Bane would probably beat Mara, but it wouldn't be an easy fight.

Elite Hunter
I was gonna do that but it is already on the forums. Should i change it?

impossible to change the combatants now and no new bane vs luke thread.

caedusrulesall
The old Luke vs. Bane thread was bad enough as it was.

skywalker833
THANKYOU! This is what i'm saying.

darthsith19
Hey, i'm not asking you. And as ive alredy said but nobody seems to care, i think bane would win. I just think that mara would put up a good fight. And she would.

*sigh* That's not the way debating works. You made a claim about Mara - Giedon made a rebuttal. That's the way debating works. If Gideon can prove you wrong, then no, you haven't given good enough evidence, unless you can prove that you are right. It is also perfectly okay for anybody to jump in and add their 2 cents to a debate whenever they want to, so don't get mad at Elite Hunter. I am being very patent with you right now, and trust me, if you keep behaving the way you have been, things will get much worse. That's not a threat, it's a warning.

Now, you'd do best to read this before you try to "debate" again:

http://www.truthtree.com/debates.shtml

skywalker833
Ok, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. It just seems like everyones trying to give me a bad time. Ah well. And i just didnt want anyone interfering, ok Elite Hunter?

Elite Hunter
Ok, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. It just seems like everyones trying to give me a bad time. Ah well. And i just didnt want anyone interfering, ok Elite Hunter?
I'm not trying to give you a bad time. I was helping Gideon due to our similiar opinions on the level of Bane's victory.,but if you want him to tool you he is more than able to than I can so good luck if he wants to get back in on this. But I'm not going to stay out all the time and just saying stay out wont keep anyone away-like i said this forum can be dog-eat-dog.

skywalker833
Yeah, I know. I should probably read RO2.

Elite Hunter
Yeah, I know. I should probably read RO2.

One of the better sw books for sure.

IKP
Caedusrulesall = Darth Sexy #2. As I said to you in the last thread, provide an argument (and no, telling me to read through the NJO series doesn't qualify as an argument) or go home (also known as the off topic forum in your case).

Originally posted by IKP
Force Mastery: Bane displays the ability to direct a lightning attack across an entire planet (this was PoD Bane, with only a few years of training, who then went on to refine his abilities for an entire decade), and use his powers on the sub-atomic level (that was his Ro2 self).

Force Power: Bane displays the strength to absorb a level of energy that was stated to have been able to destroy the entire planet of Ruusan, and contain it rather than get torn apart by it. His power is also stated to be far greater than that of the entire BoD, a force strong legion of Force users.

Force Knowledge: He possesses the sources of knowledge of three great Lords of the Sith: Darth Revan, Freedon Nadd, and Belia Darzu, having studied extensively the knowledge bases of the first two.

Overall Lightsaber Ability: On equal footing with Kas'im, and before receiving the benefits of the orbalisk armour, he was able to completely dominate the battle, and this was against a foe that had mastered and spent decades perfecting every single form of the lightsaber, was extremely physically conditioned, and was strong enough in the Force that he was able to defend against an attack that would have instantly decimated his entire body. He was stated by the omniscient narrator to be the greatest swordsman of his age, and possibly the greatest there had ever been up until his time.

Speed in Combat: His displays of speed in the middle of combat are completely unparalleled, where he's been described to move far too quickly for powerful Force users (the likes of Kas'im) to see, and where he's been described to fight so quickly that his lightsaber appeared to be everywhere at once (from the perspective of someone as powerful as Darth Zannah).

Physical conditioning: Bane was described as a "mountain of muscle," and stood 2 metres tall.

Orbalisk armour: The orbalisks cover his entire body, with the exception of his head, and are immune to almost any type of physical damage there is (with lightning stated to be the only weakness), and enhance Bane's physical capabilities (via adrenaline) and strength in the Force (via darkside energies) to substantial degrees. In lightsaber combat, this enables him to focus nearly completely on offence without having to sacrifice defence, use his body to block attacks, and throw melee attacks without having to worry about his limbs being sliced off, making him a far more effective, and alien fighter.

Intelligence: Bane is consistently displayed to be a smart fighter, where he's shown to use his surrounding to his advantage, and make full use of the advantages he has over his opponents. Outside of combat, he's described as being a genius, and visionary, and his learning rate is shown to be more extreme than that of any other (fully mastering force lightning in under an hour for instance). Aside from all of that, his prowess in manipulation is described as being pretty phenomenal, similar to the likes of Darth Sidious and Darth Traya, as can be seen here:

Bane was a visionary, able to see far into the future. He understood how to exploit the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of the Republic. he knew how to draw the eyes of the Jedi away from the dark side, while at the same time leading them down the first steps that would end in their complete annihilation. He could manipulate people, organisations, and governments, planting seeds that would lay dormant for years--even decades--before they burst forth. - Ro2, PG 288.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To recap, he's displayed the ability to defend against a planetary level of power, and his control of his powers is so great that he can use them with a planetary level scale, or alternatively a sub-atomic level scale. He was already an extremely capable lightsaber wielder even before obtaining the orbalisk armour, and with it, he's pretty much unstoppable. He's physically as impressive as it gets, and one of the more intelligent characters there's shown to be in SW Canon. He excels in all areas, and based on what we know, Luke doesn't possess a single advantage over him, and is far from as complete a combatant as Bane is.

skywalker833
Yeah, it sounds like its pretty good, ive read path of destruction, and it was very good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.