Shouldn't Kingpin qualify as a "mutant"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Think about it this guy has nothing resembling artificial enhancements to his abilities, but despite his size and build he's stronger than Captain America(who's supposed to be "peak human"wink and is still fast enough to tag guys like Cap and Spidey despite the fact that his size and build should make that all but impossible. He may have never been classified as such, but doesn't it seem like he should fit into the category of a low level mutant by default since he's so far beyond what constitutes a "normal" human?

Bentley
There is a logical explanation: He is a skrull.

suprmanvsbatman
Originally posted by darthgoober
Think about it this guy has nothing resembling artificial enhancements to his abilities, but despite his size and build he's stronger than Captain America(who's supposed to be "peak human"wink and is still fast enough to tag guys like Cap and Spidey despite the fact that his size and build should make that all but impossible. He may have never been classified as such, but doesn't it seem like he should fit into the category of a low level mutant by default since he's so far beyond what constitutes a "normal" human?

Yeah you would have thought Spidey would have at least addressed this in the past, I actualy had never thought about it, Cerebro should have notice him lol stick out tongue

not read spidey in a while since when is kingpin a skrull sadno expression

Doctor-Alvis
Maybe he could be a mutant but not a Mutant.

Disappear
i think swank's trying to say that he can't actually be a "mutant" because he doesn't derive his strength and abilities from the x-gene. as various stories have said, kingpin's size and strength are a well-crafted plot that took a whole lot of work and planning to put together. older stories where he was tossing spidey around and whatnot are from a time where these things weren't as much as a concern. he's rather recently been beaten within an inch of his life by both spider-man and daredevil.

Master-Borg
Kingpin is all muscle, remember?

Blight
Kingpin is a metahuman from The DCU.... it's the only answer 313

suprmanvsbatman
what is it like 5% body fat he has or something lol

Disappear
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Kingpin is all muscle, remember?

what does that have to do with anything?

grey fox
Originally posted by suprmanvsbatman
what is it like 5% body fat he has or something lol

That would eventually kill him If I remember correctly.

Erik-Lensherr
I don't think that being stronger than Captain America makes him peak human because I don't think Captain America is the physically strongest a human can get. He is practically in perfect balance concerning speed, strength, agility etc but if say a character like Kingpin focuses only on a certain aspect like strengh, then he may surpass CA but with his agility or other atributes affected by it.

llagrok
Peak human strength is the ability to lift up to 4 times your own weight or 800 lbs.

Two peak humans aren't necessarily equally strong.

Darth Jello
Kingpin is simply incredibly strong, fast, skilled, and intimidating. The fact that daredevil beat him to within an inch of his life should be proof enough he's not a mutant. Then again, Daredevil's beaten Dr. Doom, Ultron, and Taskmaster so i dunno.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Bentley
There is a logical explanation: He is a skrull.

Nope. He actually just a "fatass".

Disappear
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The fact that daredevil beat him to within an inch of his life should be proof enough he's not a mutant.

the owl, another daredevil villian, actually is a mutant. and matty's beaten the shit out of him countless times. daredevil beating you up doesn't disqualify you as a mutant; not possessing the mutant x-gene is what does you in. kingpin doesn't have the x-gene, thus kingpin is not a mutant.

SevenShackles
Kingpin is not a mutant, interesting idea. but nah. just a strong fatass with a food fetish.

im curious tho, what do you guys think if Marvel decided to pull that little fun-fact out of their collective asses next time he pops up in a story? "oh and BTW Kingpins a mutant!"

how would you take it?

Neo Darkhalen
Well back in the good old days, it never really mattered who the villain was they just had to be a match for the hero, regardless if it made sense or not back then it was just hero lives life, meets villain fights him or her, is nearly beaten but wins anyway then goes home, it would not been much of a issue to make a villain unable to fight the hero, no one would buy a Spider-Man title back in the old era if the villain could not even touch the hero, comics now seem to complected then what they used to be, but still I doubt Kingpin is a mutant, just a challenge that was designed for a hero, but since the comic world has changed he has gone to being what he would be in the real world, a fat old man who is very strong but can be easily beaten by super heroes.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Disappear
the owl, another daredevil villian, actually is a mutant. and matty's beaten the shit out of him countless times. daredevil beating you up doesn't disqualify you as a mutant; not possessing the mutant x-gene is what does you in. kingpin doesn't have the x-gene, thus kingpin is not a mutant.
That depends on if he's a mutant or a mutant. There's the one mutant that just means you're mutated, like Spider-man or Captain America (The serum made him strong didn't it?), and there's the x-gene mutant, like 99% of all mutants in Marvel, which I guess would qualify you as being mutated too. A double mutant even.

roughrider
Fisk is no more a mutant than Batman. Both just get written as being higher than human by writers.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by SevenShackles

im curious tho, what do you guys think if Marvel decided to pull that little fun-fact out of their collective asses next time he pops up in a story? "oh and BTW Kingpins a mutant!"

how would you take it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.