a question about "hunters"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UltimateStryfe
i was wondering, who the "hunters" of the star wars universe could be.

i'm talking about a parallel to Predator and Hirogens from star trek.

the only thing coming to my mind are Mandalorians, solely based on the armor and weapons. however, their society is not based around the hunt. bounty hunting is a stretch, and that is not focused on the "thrill of the hunt" as Predators and Hirogens are.

just some imput, who are the "hunters" of star wars???

caedusrulesall
Don't watch Star Trek so I wouldn't know but a Predator or a Hirogen is, but if you mean a culture that is built around hunting and the thrill of the hunt, then Barabels would be a good choice.

Elite Hunter
Mandalorians are all about fighting/war and honor.

UltimateStryfe
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Don't watch Star Trek so I wouldn't know but a Predator or a Hirogen is, but if you mean a culture that is built around hunting and the thrill of the hunt, then Barabels would be a good choice.

Predator i meant from Alien vs. Predator

Hirogens are from trek just to clear things up.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Mandalorians are all about fighting/war and honor.

They are similar to Klingons.

Tangible God
The closest I can think of would be a voxyn, but they're not sentient.

Jbill311
tenetrek?

UltimateStryfe
Originally posted by Jbill311
tenetrek?

who???

jaden101
the Noghri?

i'd say their abilities would fit the bill

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Jbill311
tenetrek?

I think the closest thing to those words would be 'Terentatek', and that wouldn't make sense.

ThoraxeRMG
They hunt Jedi....

Lt. Valerian
But they're not even semi-sentient.....

UltimateStryfe
yeah in order to have honor in hunting they have to be sentient

chilled monkey
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
i was wondering, who the "hunters" of the star wars universe could be.

i'm talking about a parallel to Predator and Hirogens from star trek.

the only thing coming to my mind are Mandalorians, solely based on the armor and weapons. however, their society is not based around the hunt. bounty hunting is a stretch, and that is not focused on the "thrill of the hunt" as Predators and Hirogens are.

just some imput, who are the "hunters" of star wars???

I'm not certain but I think that the closest things would be the Anzati and the Trandoshans.

Anzati hunt to add to the Sea of Memory (they believe those they kill become part of it). Trandoshans hunt because they worship a Deity called the Scorekeeper.

Captain REX
The Anzati hunt to gain 'soup' from their targets. They're more like vampires than anything, not hunters.

Trandoshans work, though.

Darth Maliko
Barabels and Trandoshans seem to fit the "Hunting Culture" description.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.