Zambuka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Last night myself, Mrs.MM and a whole bunch of friends went to a comedy club which later turned into a club and partied pretty hard.

At first myself and my close mucka's where drinking beer which we'd get in two big pitchers (of course I was the 1st to crack the "nice jugs!" joke when someone came back to the table carrying them big grin ) but as the night went on we were all a little bloated from too much beer, in fact I remember drinking at least 9 pints last night. So Duncan (a mate I went to school with all those years ago) came up with his usual plan of attack, a double round of Zambuka's for us chaps. I've done this with him many times but it was only last night I found out what this mystery drink he'd been feeding me was called.

I don't know if anyone has tried it but its gotta be the foulest tasting drink on the top shelf, and worse still everything tastes of Zambuka after you've had a few. sad

After that it all gets a bit fuzzy in my memory but I do recall drinking tequila's with out the salt and lemon. Oooooooh god. Mrs.MM is still in bed now trying to sleep it off! LIGHTWEIGHT! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
(Speaks quietly)

Mech... you're embarrassing my social journey thread!

mechmoggy
Sorry Ush, I'll buy you a Zambuka when we meet up, that'll cheer you up. eek!

Ushgarak
Somehow I doubt it!

(Has visions of Mech force-feeding him alcohol)

Stop it! I'm small and weak! Just because you go to the gym...

mechmoggy
But I'm just skinny and a bit lanky to boot!

Maybe not Zambuka then, I am the tequila drinking master general though. Whenever we resort to that I'm always the last man standing. big grin

Did I ever post the story about when my mate Martin and me went out for, what was supposed to be, a quick Sunday afternoon tot? I'm not sure but here's what happened....

We met up in quite a posh part of B'ham (yes there are one or two of them) and had a couple of pints but both of us had a craving for something more. I suggested tequila shots and we devised a new game that will go down in the history books and one of the worst ideas ever, right up there with the Sinclair C5 and the solar powered torch.

The idea was that the glasses used would be placed upside down in front of us in a line and a pyramid would be built upwards as we continued to drink the shots. You may have already spotted the two major flaws in this game, those being: -

1. Once the bottom row has been placed you've kinda set your stall out for how much tequila you're gonna drink. As we weren't feeling any effect from the drink yet we got a bit carried away and had a bottom row of 8 glasses. That would mean we'd have to then drink a total of 36 shots between us to successfully complete the pyramid game.

2. As the shots started taking their effect the task of carefully placing the pyramid pieces became rather hard.

Needless to say we were in quite a state when Mrs.MM came to pick us up from our "little drink". She was not happy with me at all. sad

Ushgarak
Yeah... but who is awake NOW, hmm?

mechmoggy
True enough, I virtually had to carry here out of the club last night. She was quite drunk, but I don't mind cus I had to undress her when we got home. Tee-hee! big grin

zimbo
My good.You better stop plaing games like this.
I never drank tequila yet.But I think I'll try soon.How it taste??

Thomas H
mmm, sambuka!mmmmm

zimbo
Do you thnk ToMacco will be drunk on his birthday

Gundark
I will assume of course, Mech, that you did NOT take advantage of Mrs. Mech after you undressed her. I am sure that you were the perfect gentleman and tucked her in without groping various parts of her body.

The Force tells me that ToMacco's birthday somehow included whiskey..... smokin'

Fire
lol I dont need Force for that one gundy, still I believe your feeling is correct about To

Gundark
I also foresee him puking his guts out in honor of the porcelain god...

Tex
Hillarious story as always Mech!
But you could of gone into more detail when you came to the "undressing Ms. MM part"!roll eyes (sarcastic)

zimbo
Hay! it children her on forum!

finti
Sambuca is great, the only shots I really like but you need to be careful though

Tex
What exactly are the ingredients in a Zambucca?
Not that I want to make one my self or anytingwink

finti
Sambuca is an 40% alcoholic liquore from italy and it has a licorice
taste

mah
does it taste like those medical mixtures with that yucky liquorice taste?

Dim
The cherry stuff is good.

Thomas H
cherry sucks, i really tastes like shit!

finti
Mah no it doesnt taste like medecine thing at all at all, you really know what shit tastes like Thomas

Thomas H
I eat yours yesterday, have you forgotten?
PS: that joke is like a 100 years old...meaning..almost as old as you...

ToMacco
Hmm, it's funny how the mention of booze makes people think of me. By the way, it is my birthday still, and I'm having a drink. . . alone. Does that make me an alcoholic?

Zambuka, never herd of it. But it sounds like Jagermiester. It is black, and has a liquorice taste, right? It's kind of thick, but it's suprisingly easy to drink. Jagermiester doesn't need to be mixed, it is a bottle that you can buy. Is that what it is?

finti

Corran
Sambuca is good, I find it quite similar to ouzo. With Sambuca you have to add a couple of coffee beans and light the sambuca hen drink it, but be careful not to burn yourself.

mechmoggy
Yeah we did that on our notorious Torquay trip during the world cup, except we'd knock the drink back and hold it in our mouth with our head back whilst a friend lights the drink in your mouth.

I've stopped doing that cus you must lose some of the alcohol during the burning process.

Ouzo is something I drink when on holiday in Europe, is soooo damn strong that if you drink a bottle one night, you only need to drink a couple of pints of water the next day to be bladdered again! big grin

finti
Sambuca is 40% so it is quite strong too,
Ouzo comes in two diffrent types 42 and 45%. So it kicks a little ..smile

Thomas H
Samboca tastes the same as ouzo/raki but sambuca is much more ticker....

finti
it is simmilare in taste (Anis) like Pernod too, but Sambuca is the best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.