Who has had the suckiest members Avengers or JLA?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Both roosters have had underwhelming and forgettable individuals, who has the worst?

I think that the JLA has it a little worse since in the Avengers a competent street leveler could make himself a name there, but in the JLA you have to compete with the likes of Superman, Wonderwomen and Batman.

grey fox
For a LOOOOOOOOOONG time I always disliked the avengers because of their shitty line-ups. When you have characters like Spider-man, Ben Grim and the Hulk why have Wasp, Photon and Tigra ? Later on I learnt to be more tolerant of the shittier characters due to how much I liked Mighty Avengers (At least the initial 5 issues).

Back to the point however. While avengers have some pretty abominable members, the DCU fare worse due to the JLA practically having EVERY character ever made be a part of their roster. Thus Quantity --once again-- beats quality.

The Ghosty
JLI.

laughing out loud

cyberborg84
Always did dislike most of the C-listers that ended up on the Avengers from time to time.

Then you get into all those Justice League spinoffs that littered the place during the early 90's. Sheesh, one of the things that made Grant Morrison's JLA so awesome was a lack of such characters mostly.

Can't really decide honestly. Both have their sucky moments. =/

llagrok
Tigra.

llagrok
Woops, double post.

tjcoady
The thing with this is that sometimes a line-up of really poor characters leads to awesome books: Justice League Europe/International was Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, the Crimson Fox, Guy Gardner.... and that book was hilarious and fun, if not exactly traditional epic superheroics.

And then on the other hand you have line-ups that you expect to be poor that end up being even worse than you expect: case in point, Justice League Detroit. You really can't argue with that single statement.

And with the best moments in a team, it's usually the iconic character that make it work: Morrison's JLA is a perfect example. Or like in Daredevil born again, the Avengers look so damn awesome because it's Cap, Iron Man, and Thor who show up, with no Triathalon or Justice or Rage to mess things up.

Anyways, in answer to the original post, I'd have to go with the Avengers as having worse members. An Avengers line up of like Iron Man, Cap, Thor (alternative, Hercules) with maybe a little Hawkeye, She-Hulk, The Vision, Ms. Marvel, the Wasp, and a non-crazy Scarlet Witch and a few others. That's a good Avengers team.

But then you have like... Darkhawk. Arachne. Demolition Man. Justice. Firebird. Firestar. Silverclaw. Rage. Non-cool Captain Britian. Mockingbird.

And I'd rather read about some of the lesser JLA members than that: Elongated Man, Blue Beetle, The Atom, Doctor Light, Rocket Red, or Aztec.

Just as long as it's not the Red Tornado. I f*cking hate the Red Tornado.

Citizen V
Justice is the shit. (the New Warrior, not that Alex Ross shit)

kenobi
The Avengers hands down have consistently had the worst line-ups if you go by the fact that they are suppose to be Marvels strongest team. Both the JLA and the Avengers are their companies heavy hitters and most popular characters.If you take that into account then the Avengers underachieve in picking their rosters. Yes, the DC characters are written to be more powerful , but has also made their flagship characters to be in the JLA. Marvels Avengers has not done that aside from Iron Man, Thor, Cap, and when the Hulk was in the line-up. Recently, Marvel has added Spiderman and wolverine but then subtracted Cap and Thor so the Avengers always have c - listers dominating their team. Yes, storyline is more important than throwing in uber powerful characters into a team but I emphasis that the Avengers are suppose to be Marvels top team and their roster simply does not show that. I mean the Wasp is really suppose to put people in awe when the Avengers walk into a room, come on. sick

The Mean Queen
AVENGERS

Priest
JLA usually have stronger line ups, but the avengers are mor diverse personality wise.

HueyFreeman
Isn't everyone a member of the JLA? The avengers are picky when it comes to their lineup. I think Deadpool has applied like ten times to be an avenger.

llagrok
Originally posted by Citizen V
Justice is the shit. (the New Warrior, not that Alex Ross shit)

Symmetric Chaos
JLA. I love watching street levelers try to be relevant on a team with a dozen Herald level people.

roughrider
Blue Beetle. Nuff said for the JL.

He didn't even make the cut for the cartoon series. stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by roughrider
Blue Beetle. Nuff said for the JL.

He didn't even make the cut for the cartoon series. stick out tongue

...made it in the comic based ON the cartoon.

tjcoady
What's with all the Blue Beetle hate? Ted Kord was awesome- the JLI is like, the most fun comic book of all time. And the current Jaime Reyes Beetle is sooo good.

Really? I've never seen so much love for Justice though. I was never a fan. To each his own, different characters appeal to different people.

Except for the Red Tornado. No one should like him.

willRules
Originally posted by tjcoady
Except for the Red Tornado. No one should like him.

That's cos he's a robot so he doesn't have any feelings.....

like mutants or Albino people yes

DigiMark007
lawlz. Roosters.

heh

Psyquis52
I think I saw someone list Darkhawk on the bad Avengers characters list.

That's depressing.

I think the Avengers have had lamer characters overall.
But Darkhawk doesn't fit in that list.

grey fox
Originally posted by Psyquis52

That's depressing.

But Darkhawk doesn't fit in that list.

PSY !

Where the f*ck have you been dude !

Tetragrammaton
The Avengers, naturally, seeing as it's composed of Marvel characters.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by grey fox
PSY !

Where the f*ck have you been dude ! I have to ask the same question! I missed that guy! eek!

Sam Z

That's depressing.

But Darkhawk doesn't fit in that list. Wow hi Psy.

Psyquis52
Wow! Thanks for the warm words of welcome fellas. You can check KMC Magik for why I was gone.
Fancy disasters and what-not.

Still, on topic, Darkhawk not suck.
There are still plenty of Avengers that do suck however.
In leu of making a list I'll just leave it at that and discuss the point with those who disagree.

llagrok
Darkhawk sucks.

Fanboy.

The Pict
Darkhawk destroyed Ultron in a Runaways arc. That's pretty impressive IMO.

llagrok
Originally posted by The Pict
Darkhawk destroyed Ultron in a Runaways arc. That's pretty impressive IMO. [/QUOTE

Yeah.

Still sucks though.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by llagrok
Darkhawk sucks.

Fanboy.

You're harsh. sad

I'd complain but I hardly have ground to stand on. embarrasment

llagrok
You're harsh. sad

I'd complain but I hardly have ground to stand on. embarrasment

The only reason I hate him, is because of his appearance in your sig mad

You've done him more harm than good. wink

Psyquis52
The only reason I hate him, is because of his appearance in your sig mad

You've done him more harm than good. wink

You don't like the Chibi-Darkhawk? eek!

Wow. Well, as the official and solitary Darkhawk fanboy I reserve the right to ruin my character's reputation. wink (i.e. Wolverine, Superman, Hulk, Batman, and general fanboys throughout)

So I will keep it. stick out tongue

llagrok

Wow. Well, as the official and solitary Darkhawk fanboy I reserve the right to ruin my character's reputation. wink (i.e. Wolverine, Superman, Hulk, Batman, and general fanboys throughout)

You make fanboys all over the board proud.

I'm actually a huc fanboy, I just hide it well big grin

Blair Wind

Darth is one, and he converted me into a fan ermm

Juntai
Originally posted by tjcoady
What's with all the Blue Beetle hate? Ted Kord was awesome- the JLI is like, the most fun comic book of all time. And the current Jaime Reyes Beetle is sooo good.
Cosign.
Except I thought Young Justice was the funnest.

Blight
Anyone who accepts Triatholon on their team is on crack...

P.S. PSYQUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed thee cryoh

P.P.S. llagrok you talk like that to your elder like that again and you'll likely get popped in the mouth....... and possibly raped since we know you like it so...

Darth Jello
Avengers. I can prove this with one hyphenated word:

D-Man

Darth Jello
woo!

CaptainStoic
Anyone remember Apache Chief?

manjaro
avengers by far.....the heavy hitters were counter balanced by shitty street levelers.....cap and hawkeye being he only cool ones. i remeber reading old avengers comics and wasp would make comments like "if you think my stings hurt now just imagine what it would be if i were full sized" and blah which begs the question, why not just fight full sized you dumb broad!?!? Also, becuase some heavy hitters were firmly established like Iron Man, Vision, and Thor....every other one included have to be totally emo, super bumbly and lack luster Gilgamesh comes to mind, she hulk comes to mind, herc...every body had an agenda, or sought to betray them...Black panther, Black widow...the list goes on...JLA members have always been cool to me, they have always served a particular purpose. the street levelers were just ecsrtatic to be standing among gods where as avengers were always just chocked full of over lapping power sets

Psyquis52
You make fanboys all over the board proud.

I'm actually a huc fanboy, I just hide it well big grin

Ha! I'm glad your a fanboy of someone but I'm still pathetic comparitively. big grin

But at least I'm original. wink

On a side note Manjaro makes a great point about wasp there.

Darth Jello
i disagree, black widow is awesome. But come on! D-Man!!! Can you get any more pathetic than a third-rate daredevil/wolverine ripoff who's later depicted as homeless and insane?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.