EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 3-2; Typhus vs Id369

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94

id369

id369

Typhus
Sorry I'm late, was at work and didn't have access to my scans. Anyway it says too many images - does anyone know what the limit for thumbnails is? Thanks in advance.

Typhus

Typhus

Typhus

id369

Typhus
So what, if you're instant win card doesn't work you quit? Huh... And Evangel doesn't NEED to come into this match and say anything because clearly its a violation of the rules. It failed in your match against King Kandy, so I have no idea why you are even trying it now. Besides, you don't even have Jeans mind, you only choose her BODY. You can't 'repair' something you never had to begin with.

Anyway you look at it, you're gaining a character for your team that you didn't draft - that breaks the rule about summoned help. By that logic I can have my Heralds send a signal to Galactus to some and devour the battlefield along with your character. Oh, I'm not summoning, I'm calling their master.

Typhus
Anyway, I have to go out to dinner, I'll be back in a bit to debate.

Creshosk
Not to be arguing for id, but who is it that id is supposedly summoning?

Bentley
The argument is, if I understand correctly, that you cannot reform a full Phoenix Force from Jean's body. There is some issue about Jean's mind being a piece of Phoenix so they are attempting to glue back the Phoenix Force and win with it.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Bentley
The argument is, if I understand correctly, that you cannot reform a full Phoenix Force from Jean's body. There is some issue about Jean's mind being a piece of Phoenix so they are attempting to glue back the Phoenix Force and win with it. So he's trying to "summon" a seperate piece of a character that he drafted?

Bentley
Not precisely, the problem is that he drafted Jean's body but not her mind, so Typhus is arguing about the body not being a part of the Phoenix Force at all.

id369
Ah well now that what we know what my foe was cooking up. I see the strategic planning was a success. Throwing attacks to the astral projection that is existing in the physical world is pointless as killing your own shadow.

You see when I merged between planes I co-exist in both at the same time. Though the one that is existing retain the features of an astral projection. No amount of any kind of punishment, is going to damage something such as an astral projection.

Luckily a safe haven was set in order to deal with the four weaker opponents.

Weaker Opponents?
Yes I said it, WEAKER. X-Man inferior, at a weaken state could fend off the Silver Surfer crushing his board in the process. Cable has admitted inferiority to Nate Grey even, if was not hindered by the T.O. And the comic states it one step farther and claims he is the ONLY fully functioning Nate in any reality. Mind you this is before Nate Grey merged to become stronger with his alternate Self.

Shaman X-Man by himself, is a match for a Herald class character. Not by my own opinion alone, this is apparent as a general concession in KMC due to its Tier Ranking.

What has happened now?
I duplex Jean power, on top of Nate
Unleash his potential which destroyed, Transcendent Level character.

That alone should be suffice to show that The Rapture is above any Herald type at this point. I will let you do the rest of the guess work.

id369

id369

Typhus

id369
I gained Jean Mind, by recreating Jean Grey. I thought I was clear on that?

Bentley
I understand better now what Id wants to do, however, if he drafts Jean's body but not her mind, shouldn't getting her mind from the astral plane be summoning a new character?

Creshosk
Voting for id. Doesn't seem like summoning if they're just getting another part of the character that they already paid for.

Bentley
I however do not see how all the fragments of the Phoenix Force belong to Jean's mind as a character. That would be like saying that an drafting an Imperiex probe could be used to use Imperiex in battle.

id369

id369

Air Legend
Voting for Typhus. Id369's plan is absolute bullshit.

I agree with Typhus's statement:
Originally posted by Typhus
Anyway you look at it, you're gaining a character for your team that you didn't draft - that breaks the rule about summoned help. By that logic I can have my Heralds send a signal to Galactus to some and devour the battlefield along with your character. Oh, I'm not summoning, I'm calling their master.

Oh but id369 rants "I bought Jean Grey." Yeah, you bought Jean Grey's body for 4 points to use as part of your amalgam. Hell, I don't even think Evangel94 would allow you to buy Jean Grey (body and mind) for 20 points if you claimed that buying her came with the Phoenix Force.

Id369 doesn't even have a back up plan:

Originally posted by id369
But if this is hard to swallow, I shall put it out like this. If Evan comes in and deems this as a violation, I concede to the match entirely.

Seriously what the hell? I think Typhus answered best:
Originally posted by Typhus
So what, if you're instant win card doesn't work you quit? Huh... And Evangel doesn't NEED to come into this match and say anything because clearly its a violation of the rules. It failed in your match against King Kandy, so I have no idea why you are even trying it now. Besides, you don't even have Jeans mind, you only choose her BODY. You can't 'repair' something you never had to begin with.

So basically, if id369 is allowed to summon the Phoenix, then by all means Typhus can just call universal swallowing Galactus to his aid, though I'm sure id369 will still argue Phoenix is more powerful. roll eyes (sarcastic)

id369

id369
@Air Legend
Jean and Phoenix are merged. Heralds and Galactus share a master/herald relationship. The situation is greatly different from what try to make it out to be.

I have a question, how the hell did you come to the conclusion that I summoned Jean Grey?

Air Legend
@Air Legend
Jean and Phoenix are merged. Heralds and Galactus share a master/herald relationship. The situation is greatly different from what try to make it out to be.

I have a question, how the hell did you come to the conclusion that I summoned Jean Grey?
Is this a response to this line?

"So basically, if id369 is allowed to summon the Phoenix, then by all means Typhus can just call universal swallowing Galactus to his aid, though I'm sure id369 will still argue Phoenix is more powerful."

I forgot the word Force. Insert that after the word Phoenix in bold.

Evangel94
Ok,

I've been a little busy and haven't had time to check up on the match since I posted it. Id369, I let you draft Jean Grey (without the phoenix force) for 4 (four) points. 4 for Enhanced Meta level You simply draft regular Jean Grey (without phoenix force unless otherwise specified) and Nate Grey in an amalgam. I don't know why your trying to claim the phoenix as part of your drafted character here.

What your doing now is completely different from your match with King Kandy where you claimed you could use psychometry (ability to gain bits of memory by touching an object) by touching Jean Grey's body (gaining bits of her memory) and therefore contact the phoenix to come to the battlefield.

And you drafted Nate Grey in the herald level category which means he is restricted to the maximum power level the herald category allows (Silver Surfer/Superman/Planetary Threat). That goes for all singular characters higher than herald level that snuck into the herald category. Don't use KMC tiers.

With regards to write-ups, I don't disprove or approve of write-ups ahead of time unless you have specific question about a rule you want me to answer. Don't take my silence and/or my non-response as a sign off approval. I get a lot of PM's during tournament time, and if I don't respond, then it is because I missed your PM and it was buried under the myriad of PM's from other posters. It is your responsibility to PM me again if you don't hear from me.

I've written all the rules in extreme detail, ahead of time so competitors know what the rules are, and you should be able to create a write-up without breaking them. I can't monitor every match in real time so it's up to the competitors to police each other and call me in only when necessary.

Link to rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t477386.html

Regardless if you have the Phoenix force or not, you still have a powerful character. Just because you don't think you can win and place first doesn't mean you should quit. You should fight with what you have available to you. If you want to drop because you somehow felt you've been wronged, you are free to do so however your team will still be used in the last chance three-way matches regardless If want to argue for your team or simply stay silent.

-Evangel94

id369

id369
Originally posted by Evangel94
Ok,

I've been a little busy and haven't had time to check up on the match since I posted it. Id369, I let you draft Jean Grey (without the phoenix force) for 4 (four) points. 4 for Enhanced Meta level You simply draft regular Jean Grey (without phoenix force unless otherwise specified) and Nate Grey in an amalgam. I don't know why your trying to claim the phoenix as part of your drafted character here.

What your doing now is completely different from your match with King Kandy where you claimed you could use psychometry (ability to gain bits of memory by touching an object) by touching Jean Grey's body (gaining bits of her memory) and therefore contact the phoenix to come to the battlefield.

And you drafted Nate Grey in the herald level category which means he is restricted to the maximum power level the herald category allows (Silver Surfer/Superman/Planetary Threat). That goes for all singular characters higher than herald level that snuck into the herald category. Don't use KMC tiers.

With regards to write-ups, I don't disprove or approve of write-ups ahead of time unless you have specific question about a rule you want me to answer. Don't take my silence and/or my non-response as a sign off approval. I get a lot of PM's during tournament time, and if I don't respond, then it is because I missed your PM and it was buried under the myriad of PM's from other posters. It is your responsibility to PM me again if you don't hear from me.

I've written all the rules in extreme detail, ahead of time so competitors know what the rules are, and you should be able to create a write-up without breaking them. I can't monitor every match in real time so it's up to the competitors to police each other and call me in only when necessary.

Link to rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t477386.html

Regardless if you have the Phoenix force or not, you still have a powerful character. Just because you don't think you can win and place first doesn't mean you should quit. You should fight with what you have available to you. If you want to drop because you somehow felt you've been wronged, you are free to do so however your team will still be used in the last chance three-way matches regardless If want to argue for your team or simply stay silent.

-Evangel94

Wait I have a question, previously I used psychometry to attain the link with the phoenix.
This time I recreated Jean Grey in efforts to attain the mind (with out the Phoenix) do to the same as above.

Is it allowed yes or no?

Typhus

id369

Symmetric Chaos
I don't think Id broke a rule but I don't believe he can do it. Jean's body isn't enough to start getting the Pheonix force back together. I had serious trouble understanding how Id's plan was supposed to work which is serious but unavoidable problem at extremely high power level.s

Voting for Typhus.

Evangel94
This is becoming very questionable and confusing with all rules that are trying to be circumvented. Without getting into the specifics of your method (which I am going to avoid commenting on unless it breaks a rule), is the phoenix force your trying to gain an entity (an actual being), or a power (ala Cytorak channeling juggernaut his power) that you're trying to use?

Because keep in mind the following:
1. You are restricted to the battlefield and your designated prep zones for the entire match.
2. You cannot summon characters to assist you in battle from other dimensions/planes of reality.

id369

Joe Pap

Soljer
Originally posted by Joe Pap
Conception accepted. smile

Ooohhh...have you picked out names yet?

Joe Pap
huh

Soljer
Conception.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Conception

2. fertilization; inception of pregnancy.

The word you were looking for was concession. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/concession

Joe Pap
Yeah lmao

I was just trying not to say contraception lol

Evangel94

Bentley
Voting for Typhus as I think there is something slightly illegal going on in the other team.

Creshosk
I think summoning Jean's mind from the astral plane, other parts of the galaxy, or wherever it is located to the battlefield is a violation of the summoning rule. So calling in other parts of your actual caharacter violates the summoning rule?

Seriously, your rules are very poorly written.

Bentley
So I draft Hellboy and then summon the creature from which he has only the right arm. erm

I don't know why people who based their entire strategies in loophole rules are so surprised of being kicked out of this, Digi asked about his ruling before at least, did you Id369?

Creshosk
So I draft Hellboy and then summon the creature from which he has only the right arm. erm

I don't know why people who based their entire strategies in loophole rules are so surprised of being kicked out of this, Digi asked about his ruling before at least, did you Id369? I draft helboy, I can't summon parts of hellboy would be a more accurate assesment.

He drafts jean grey, he can't summon a part of jean grey?

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Creshosk

Seriously, your rules are very poorly written.

actually they're not. they just require some common sense to conform to.

Or else, why didn't id just draft Phoenix, rather than Jean Grey? The whole point was because he knew he could sneak Phoenix in only by picking Jean Grey and getting phoenix through the loophole of summoning.

You're right that id didn't technically violate the rule since he drafted someone who was allowed (jean), but he certainly violated the spirit of the rule, which was to limit the drafting to only a certain powerlevel...which the Phoenix was a clear violation of.

And Evangel is taking a lot of flack from people...I kinda feel bad for her. When she made the ruling against Digi, I was impressed (regardless of whether I agreed or not) with her ruling because it was clearly an unpopular choice...going against the mod and other influential members wasn't going to gain her any favor, yet she still did it. She could've easily dismissed Papa Smurph and everyone would've praised her, but she went against what was popular and perhaps majority opinion and stood for what she believed was right.

Also, instead of complaining about how poor Evangel is doing her tourney, why don't the folks who are criticizing her make their own (controversy-less) tournaments, its certainly more productive than bashing someone who's volunteered their time for the benefit of the KMC community.

So in conclusion, stop all the whining and bitching.

Symmetric Chaos
Well that's the problem people are having. Evangel made certain assumptions about how much people would respect the spirit of her rules. Hammering them out a bit more specifically would have been good.

Anyway I think this Tournament can keep going.

Joe Pap
Where did she get that idea from??

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well that's the problem people are having. Evangel made certain assumptions about how much people would respect the spirit of her rules. Hammering them out a bit more specifically would have been good.

Anyway I think this Tournament can keep going. well I feel people should respect the 'spirit' of the rules...its hard to make rules that someone won't somehow find someway to circumvent. we've got some creative folks in here after all.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Master-Borg

Or else, why didn't id just draft Phoenix, rather than Jean Grey? The whole point was because he knew he could sneak Phoenix in only by picking Jean Grey and getting phoenix through the loophole of summoning.

You're right that id didn't technically violate the rule since he drafted someone who was allowed (jean), but he certainly violated the spirit of the rule, which was to limit the drafting to only a certain powerlevel...which the Phoenix was a clear violation of.

And Evangel is taking a lot of flack from people...I kinda feel bad for her. When she made the ruling against Digi, I was impressed (regardless of whether I agreed or not) with her ruling because it was clearly an unpopular choice...going against the mod and other influential members wasn't going to gain her any favor, yet she still did it. She could've easily dismissed Papa Smurph and everyone would've praised her, but she went against what was popular and perhaps majority opinion and stood for what she believed was right.

Also, instead of complaining about how poor Evangel is doing her tourney, why don't the folks who are criticizing her make their own (controversy-less) tournaments, its certainly more productive than bashing someone who's volunteered their time for the benefit of the KMC community.

So in conclusion, stop all the whining and bitching. So in conclusion how much are you paying? Or is this what you're paying for it?

Master-Borg
So in conclusion how much are you paying? Or is this what you're paying for it? huh? confused

Creshosk
huh? confused Gou know the exchange of "services"? a game of give and take... You scratch her back, she wets your whistle?

Master-Borg
Gou know the exchange of "services"? a game of give and take... You scratch her back, she wets your whistle? that is a despicable insinuation and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Symmetric Chaos
that is a despicable insinuation and you should be ashamed of yourself.

laughing

Creshosk
that is a despicable insinuation and you should be ashamed of yourself. That's rich since you're the one in-sin-you-ating.

Master-Borg
That's rich since you're the one in-sin-you-ating. I'm not sure what kinda game you're playing, but I refuse to engage in it any further. Some of us prefer our honor kept intact.

Creshosk
I'm not sure what kinda game you're playing, but I refuse to engage in it any further. Some of us prefer our honor kept intact. Well you certainly blew that didn't you... or well.. you know...

DigiMark007

So in conclusion, stop all the whining and bitching.

You agreed with her when she changed a rule mid-tourney?! You can admire it for "going against the grain" as you seem to imply, but there's a valid reason why it was against the grain. It was changing a rule entirely to invalidate a previously approved plan...not an unforeseen loophole, but something that was known and brought to her attention.

As for whining and b*tching, you have a point that less people should be doing it, but there's also legitimate times where complaining is warranted. And when rules aren't clear, or are changed, that is an appropriate time. It might've been interesting to see what reaction was like if goober had still been around, and his previously approved plan had been negated by the same change.

Props to id for stepping down (sine I think that's what he did) when he realized he was against the rules. It's easier than fighting for a losing cause and becoming more annoyed, which is why I stepped down after the rug got pulled out from under me as well.

And a controversy-less tourney is an oxymoron, so you're really just spouting ideological nonsense with that one. Good tourney directors, and good tourneys, have happened frequently, but never entirely without controversy. Part of it is that when you throw a bunch of pseudo-mature comic geeks (many of them teens) together in a competition, they lose whatever civility they possess. But some of it can also be attributed to the directors...whom I always empathize with to an extent, because it's far harder than most realize to run an efficient tourney. But that doesn't make them beyond reproach.

The problem, in my mind, seems to be that Evangel (and now yourself) are simply trying to squelch dissent rather than listening to it and adapting. People were banned from voting for disagreeing with some of the rules. They are told what to think in terms of how we should approach matches, whether its prep plans or drafted teams, rather than deciding on our own. There was no concession to those (I count 4 now) whose plans have been banned, either by a failure on the part of the participant or the director...no apologies, no compromises, not even a chance to make the case for the other side (I was never given a voice in my match's decision, though apparently Stacks was).

Master-Borg
Well you certainly blew that didn't you... or well.. you know...

listen, I didn't insinuate anything. You left nothing to the imagination with the imagery of your post.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
a bunch of pseudo-mature comic geeks

You know us so well.

Creshosk
listen, I didn't insinuate anything. You left nothing to the imagination with the imagery of your post. No, if I left nothing to the imagination I would have been downright vulgar. Funny thing is the "Wet your whistle" is a comment refering to getting a drink.

You COULD have taken it to she bought you a beer. Which there is nothing wrong with. But you obviously took it to mean something harsher.

Yes, I'm rather rude, I'm a self declared *******. But you lost your honor when you went the sexual route. Because volumes were written about where your mind was with your response.

Badabing
Guys, does this really have anything to do with the tournament? We have an off topic thread. Thanks.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You know us so well.

erm

I'm not talking about everyone, but no one can honestly tell me that all people are entirely upright when it comes to these things. Every tourney there's hypocrisy in the form of believing anything one's own team does is fine, but a LOT of what others do should be banned....and sometimes it's the same stuff.

Anyway, bump.

You agreed with her when she changed a rule mid-tourney?! You can admire it for "going against the grain" as you seem to imply, but there's a valid reason why it was against the grain. It was changing a rule entirely to invalidate a previously approved plan...not an unforeseen loophole, but something that was known and brought to her attention.

As for whining and b*tching, you have a point that less people should be doing it, but there's also legitimate times where complaining is warranted. And when rules aren't clear, or are changed, that is an appropriate time. It might've been interesting to see what reaction was like if goober had still been around, and his previously approved plan had been negated by the same change.

Props to id for stepping down (sine I think that's what he did) when he realized he was against the rules. It's easier than fighting for a losing cause and becoming more annoyed, which is why I stepped down after the rug got pulled out from under me as well.

And a controversy-less tourney is an oxymoron, so you're really just spouting ideological nonsense with that one. Good tourney directors, and good tourneys, have happened frequently, but never entirely without controversy. Part of it is that when you throw a bunch of pseudo-mature comic geeks (many of them teens) together in a competition, they lose whatever civility they possess. But some of it can also be attributed to the directors...whom I always empathize with to an extent, because it's far harder than most realize to run an efficient tourney. But that doesn't make them beyond reproach.

The problem, in my mind, seems to be that Evangel (and now yourself) are simply trying to squelch dissent rather than listening to it and adapting. People were banned from voting for disagreeing with some of the rules. They are told what to think in terms of how we should approach matches, whether its prep plans or drafted teams, rather than deciding on our own. There was no concession to those (I count 4 now) whose plans have been banned, either by a failure on the part of the participant or the director...no apologies, no compromises, not even a chance to make the case for the other side (I was never given a voice in my match's decision despite having laid my case out intelligently and respectfully, though apparently Stacks was).

Master-Borg

Props to id for stepping down (sine I think that's what he did) when he realized he was against the rules. It's easier than fighting for a losing cause, which is why I stepped down after the rug got pulled out from under me as well.

1. I didn't have an opinion about her ruling regarding your case, since I'm not knowledgeable enough with the facts of the situation. Although from my understanding, her ruling didn't affect your plan at all. She said instant tech isn't available without purchase...your plan did not rely on 'instant' tech...it was merely very fast tech due to the nature of your team. Evangel clearly said it was up to voters to judge how feasible your tech plan was. For example, in Goober's case, voters plainly didn't buy his plan of creating 6 billion androids, even though Evangel's new rule wasn't established at the time. Hence no difference if Goober stayed in, because people still dont buy his plan of creating 6 billion androids.

2. I said people should stop whining and bitching. Not that people should stop providing constructive criticism. There's a big and clear difference.

3. My point was that every tourney has controversies. No matter what, someone is going to disagree and feel cheated. So someone is always going to feel the rules suck or the decisions were unfair.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Badabing
Guys, does this really have anything to do with the tournament? We have an off topic thread. Thanks. Quite possibly. As its discussing the behavior of those around it. *indicates Digi's post*

I share his concern. Its called "Railroading" and it sucks in RPGs and it sucks in tournaments.

Giving the illlusion of choice when things are rather much set on a linear path. While there is the illusion of being able to choose, it is just that an illlusion.

DigiMark007
From Evangel:

She approved it multiple times (all of which I posted), then banned it mid-tourney MB. Nothing more or less. I would know if my plan were still acceptable.

And since you quoted my post before I had a chance to edit in the last section:
The problem, in my mind, seems to be that Evangel (and now yourself) are simply trying to squelch dissent rather than listening to it and adapting. People were banned from voting for disagreeing with some of the rules. They are told what to think in terms of how we should approach matches, whether its prep plans or drafted teams, rather than deciding on our own. There was no concession to those (I count 4 now) whose plans have been banned, either by a failure on the part of the participant or the director...no apologies, no compromises, not even a chance to make the case for the other side (I was never given a voice in my match's decision despite having laid my case out intelligently and respectfully, though apparently Stacks was).

Master-Borg
But you lost your honor when you went the sexual route.

funny thing is I mentioned nothing about sexual innuendo in my posts, yet you assumed I went the 'sexual route', now who's mind is in the gutter? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
1. I didn't have an opinion about her ruling regarding your case, since I'm not knowledgeable enough with the facts of the situation. Although from my understanding, her ruling didn't affect your plan at all. She said instant tech isn't available without purchase...your plan did not rely on 'instant' tech...it was merely very fast tech due to the nature of your team. Evangel clearly said it was up to voters to judge how feasible your tech plan was. For example, in Goober's case, voters plainly didn't buy his plan of creating 6 billion androids, even though Evangel's new rule wasn't established at the time. Hence no difference if Goober stayed in, because people still dont buy his plan of creating 6 billion androids.

2. I said people should stop whining and bitching. Not that people should stop providing constructive criticism. There's a big and clear difference.

3. My point was that every tourney has controversies. No matter what, someone is going to disagree and feel cheated. So someone is always going to feel the rules suck or the decisions were unfair. So you didn't actually read what she said? And yet you defend her when it bothers people and they complain... And you wonder why I tease you about your motives for such actions?

Master-Borg
From Evangel:

She approved it multiple times (all of which I posted), then banned it mid-tourney MB. Nothing more or less. I would know if my plan were still acceptable.

I didnt know of the PM, as I think the rule change she posted on the thread was a bit different. But yeah I agree with you that it is wrong that she approved your plan and THEN changed the rules.

Creshosk
funny thing is I mentioned nothing about sexual innuendo in my posts, yet you assumed I went the 'sexual route', now who's mind is in the gutter? roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh come now, how stupid do you think people are?

that is a despicable insinuation and you should be ashamed of yourself.
I'm not sure what kinda game you're playing, but I refuse to engage in it any further. Some of us prefer our honor kept intact.

It's pretty damned clear what you were thinking. Talks of "despicable insinuations" and "keeping honor intact". Even with the veiled "some of us" rift that clearly means "Not you".

So the answer is: Yours.

Badabing
Guys, does this really have anything to do with the tournament? We have an off topic thread. Thanks. This wasn't me joking.

Master-Borg

It's pretty damned clear what you were thinking. as it was pretty clear what you were thinking as well.

Creshosk
I didnt know of the PM, as I think the rule change she posted on the thread was a bit different. But yeah I agree with you that it is wrong that she approved your plan and THEN changed the rules. He posted her approving it in the match thread when the legality of it was challenged the first time. If you'd read when she made the change it'd be clear to you that she was instituting a change...

But you know what? I'm not going to get into that again...

King_Mungi
This wasn't me joking.

Reported! mad

Creshosk
This wasn't me joking. Yes, Bada, it does have to do with the tournament.

Someone is probably reporting things but yes. The answer is Yes. It might seem off topic but we are indeed discussing events in the tournament.

Master-Borg
He posted her approving it in the match thread when the legality of it was challenged the first time. If you'd read when she made the change it'd be clear to you that she was instituting a change...

But you know what? I'm not going to get into that again... I agree now, I had thought it was more a rule clarification than a change. my mistake.

DigiMark007
The same was posted in the discussion or battle thread as well, but I didn't mean to spring a Pm on you (which you couldn't have known about).

In any case, the b*tching you mentioned...generally participants can tolerate flaws in a tourney if the decisions remain consistent and don't impart a massive advantage on one person (or disadvantage). But when 4 people (myself, goober, id, and Trick) have had entire plans banned, something is wrong. Trick brought his on himself, but the other 3 could have been avoided, and should have as well.

The alternative to complaints is lock-step acceptance, which I disagree with if there's something legit to complain about. The "no more comments like this. The tourney will move on." style of squelching discussion exemplifies this.

So I have wished everyone good luck (still do) and hope that the tourney can still have merit (it will...Sym, DL, Typhus, Kandy, id, others I'm probably forgetting...all cool in my book), and I will never encourage complaints...but neither will I discourage them if they are warranted.

Creshosk
The same was posted in the discussion or battle thread as well, but I didn't mean to spring a Pm on you (which you couldn't have known about).

In any case, the b*tching you mentioned...generally participants can tolerate flaws in a tourney if the decisions remain consistent and don't impart a massive advantage on one person (or disadvantage). But when 4 people (myself, goober, id, and Trick) have had entire plans banned, something is wrong. Trick brought his on himself, but the other 3 could have been avoided.

The alternative to complaints is lock-step acceptance, which I disagree with if there's something to complain about.

So I have wished everyone good luck (still do) and hope that the tourney can still have merit (it will...Sym, DL, Typhus, Kandy, id, others I'm probably forgetting...all cool in my book), and I will never encourage complaints...but neither will I discourage them if they are warranted. Don't forget when stacks complained about Mogo for being a planet. Rather than proving that Mogo was on par with Ego He whined about some unrelated comparison and Mogo was banned.

Badabing
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Reported! mad cry

Yes, Bada, it does have to do with the tournament.

Someone is probably reporting things but yes. The answer is Yes. It might seem off topic but we are indeed discussing events in the tournament. Okay, then this is to me.....dur

Air Legend
But when 4 people (myself, goober, id, and Trick) have had entire plans banned, something is wrong. Trick brought his on himself, but the other 3 could have been avoided, and should have as well.

Dude it's your fault for not doing anything about it and just deciding to quit. Stacks did what he had to do to get the win. And while I don't necessarily agree with the tactics he used to achieve this goal, he accomplished this because you backed down without a fight.

darthgoober quit before this dilemma happened, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't just concede the match because one strategy got invalidated. His team still had plenty of viable options to win the tourney, while the same can't be said about your team or id369's team.

Soljer
Originally posted by Air Legend
Dude it's your fault for not doing anything about it and just deciding to quit. Stacks did what he had to do to get the win. And while I don't necessarily agree with the tactics he used to achieve this goal, he accomplished this because you backed down without a fight.

darthgoober quit before this dilemma happened, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't just concede the match because one strategy got invalidated. His team still had plenty of viable options to win the tourney, while the same can't be said about your team or id369's team.

Stacks didn't 'get the win.'

The votes were a shut out in Digi's favor. NO ONE voted stacks.

Just because he advances, doesn't mean he won.

id369
I would continue the debate, with out the Phoenix force. But I am going to stand on what I previously mentioned.

If I was found braking any rule, I would concede the match no questions asked. It seems manipulating the mind of a character I drafted is out of the question, if its located in the astral plane. And I suppose communing with one self, is out of the prep/battlefield.

Good luck, Typhus. I will see what I can do, with my character in the 4th round.

id369

I don't know why people who based their entire strategies in loophole rules are so surprised of being kicked out of this, Digi asked about his ruling before at least, did you Id369?
I was under the impression, to exploit as much as possible to see what end result your selection could achieve. So I thought of a plan and made up a combo.
My Plan was to amass as much power as possible, to the point of asserting myself as an abstract level being.
Digi prep counter, with virtually no limit to what kind of tech he can come up with.
Goober - the most massive army I have ever seen in the history of any tourney. Not just a massive army but versatile, with herald level power.

It takes, ingenuity, and a whole lot of research to confine what you came up with. So raiding on a loophole did not seem so dangerous at the time. Especially when you are making an attempt to walk on the rule line.

But to answer your question, yes I did try to address my prep time and intentions before the tourney kicked off (during draft) during the tourney, and prior to this match.

Apparently its my job, to continuously pm until she gets back at me for a ruling.

Evangel94
I feel I should address you directly in the open Digimark.

Excuse me?

You asked me if you could build tech during your prep using matter manipulation. I didn't have a problem with THAT, BUT I said you needed to buy adequate prep and resources to do what you wanted. The Doctor was already questionable to begin with, and I received complaints about him during the draft. So I tried to get you to pick someone else. But you argued with me, and convinced me he was in your own words a simple matter manipulator, psi, and tk user. I was trying to avoid this situation to begin with, but you completely (why is that I?) adamant about picking the Doctor. While questionable, I wanted to give you a change and I didn't think it would pose as much a problem as it how shown to be.

It wasn't that your idea wasn't acceptable, it was that what you claimed to do during your 15 minutes of prep deeply infringed on the instant tech rule. I don't have a problem with the Doctor using matter manipulation to create the raw materials for Reed and Lex to use to create tech in prep, but you were basically using the Doctor to download the specs from Reed and lex to just instantly create and assemble tech with a mere thought.

If I allowed that what would be the point of instant tech and prep? You claim its not fair to you, but do you really think its fair to everyone else if I let what you do go, and completely ignore the complaints of other users who bought massive prep time and laboratories to do their prep? It's true I felt bad for making the rules more stringent mid-game, but its better to get it out of the way now then let it go on. I even changed the rule to more of a compromise later on, but you still quit.

And since you quoted my post before I had a chance to edit in the last section:
The problem, in my mind, seems to be that Evangel (and now yourself) are simply trying to squelch dissent rather than listening to it and adapting.

Are you kidding me? I've been listening to EVERYONE's opinions from day one. You may or may not be aware of what goes on behind the scenes of a tournament, but I deeply listen to what everyone has to say. For example, you have no idea how many people had objections with the Doctor despite your claims. They may not want to admit it in the open (and I don't want to post their PM's in the open because I feel if they decided to PM me, they probably wish to remain anonymous). I don't disregard anything. I give everything everyone says tremendous thought.

Why do you think I came so close to simply ending the tournament early on and calling it quits. The amount of opinions, questions, comments, and arguments to me was simply staggering. More so than in any other tournament I've ever run. But I got through it and moved forward.

People were banned from voting for disagreeing with some of the rules.

I only recall banning two people from the tournament completely. Laminator_X was the first because I felt he was being disrespectful. I gave him a warning beforehand as well to stop. The second was TricksterPriest which you led a personal crusade for to get banned. Almost the entire roster of tournament participants agreed with your suggestion, TricksterPriest himself wasn't serious about competing anymore and insulted the tournament, and with that in mind I removed him from the tournament.

They are told what to think in terms of how we should approach matches, whether its prep plans or drafted teams, rather than deciding on our own. There was no concession to those (I count 4 now) whose plans have been banned, either by a failure on the part of the participant or the director...no apologies, no compromises, not even a chance to make the case for the other side (I was never given a voice in my match's decision despite having laid my case out intelligently and respectfully, though apparently Stacks was).

You're being pretty generic with your statements about "4 people" being told what to think. Unless your specific and mentions names, then I won't know who you're talking about, and I am not about to speculate unless you name them.

I gave you plenty of time to make your case against changing the rules. But you simply decided to quit Digimark because you were "disenchanted" with the tournament. I asked you twice if you were sure, and you simply quit and decided not to argue or fight about it at all. Papa Smurph on the other hand fought deeply hard to get a rule clarification from me, and so I decided to clear up the rules.

Yes, I changed the rules during your match, but what your neglecting to mention for everyone to read is that I changed the rule AGAIN to something more of a compromise. I didn't ban your matter manipulation during prep, but I said to you and everyone else to be deeply aware of how much prep they have and if you could claim to do what you said in your 15 minute prep time without infringing on instant technology. Doctor could still mind link with reed and lex and have them assemble the components into a device (depending on what device and what they could assumble in 15 minutes), but the doctor could not have the device instantly appear and be ready to go.

You had the following characters: The Doctor, Thor, Ultimate Reed, Lex

You had the following abilities you purchased: Spying on your opponent, Power boosting, and Prep lvl 1 (15 minutes)

You had a chance as much as anyone to win this tournament, but the moment you lost the ability to instantly have tech appear you still decided to quit despite that compromise rule I created.

-Evangel94

Evangel94

Evangel94

Evangel94
Apparently its my job, to continuously pm until she gets back at me for a ruling.

Id369, that's not what I meant at all.

You don't need continuously pm me about a ruling. I've responded to nearly every question you asked of me esp. in the early draft process However, if I do happen to miss something (I am human after all. I am not a robot) and I don't get back to you in a reasonable period of time, then just send me a polite private message reminder. It's happened with a few other contestants, and they have politely reminded me of a question I may have missed.

What I don't want to happen is people to assume that my non-response on the matter is a sign of approval. It is not.

Hope this clears it up.

Sincerely,
-Evangel94

Creshosk
I'll try to be polite and clear as possible with my response. Don't read this thinking I saying with a condescending tone. Think of it as me saying it with the utmost respect and as someone trying to be helpful.

---------------------

There's a very fine line between finding a great strategy and pick that doesn't break any rules, and actually outright breaking the rules.

When SpunkySmurph picked Mogo (a planet with the GL ring) for example, I thought that was hilariously funny yet still plausible pick that didn't really break any rules. No one could actually come up with any solid scan evidence that actually displayed Mogo being above Herald level. What I've seen of Mogo myself is him getting hurt by an asteroid, being attacked by Sinestro Corp members, and just floating around in space. No actual Herald level feats for Mogo. Plus Heralds themselves potentially can shatter planets. I gave it deep consideration, but in the end I could not in good conscience allow him with all the objections I received. So despite the lack of valid evidence to support their case you still gave in to the underhanded tactic of complain about it enough to get you to go against valid logic and evidence anyway?

Don't you see that that's my main complaint? You have people who have this idea that they can just complain to get the other partricipant's legitimate picks banned just by complaining. And you gave in. Rather than actually being fair you give in just because people complained.

They were incorrect in their assesment, and their fears were not legitimate. Its an underhanded strategy that appearently works. Complain to you enough and you can get your opponents tossed from the tourny, thus giving you a clear pathway to the crown rather than actually participating in the tournament.

ITs a rat-bastard thing to do, but appearently it works. You took away Metron's Chair, based on King Kandy complaining about it?

You took away Mogo based on Joey Stacks complaining about it? And then again when Joey Stacks complained about Digi's prep you changed the rule mid tourny after Digi had attempted to use the strategy in two prior matches.

They don't even have to present a decent argument as to why they should have their way. From what it sounds like they just spam your pm box with complaints and you'll jump to.

Is that how a person is supposed to win this tournament? Complian loudly enough? This then becomes not a debate tournament, but a tournament of who can ***** the most.

Yet you ban other people who express their concerns. This is why there is this appearence of favoritism. Kandy or Stacks complain they get their way. Other people complain you tell them too bad?

Noone voted for stacks, yet he advanced in his match vs Digi. Everyone thought Digi's strat was legit. So why was it an issue?

Digi gets all the votes, Stacks advances... Don't you see anything MAJORly wrong there?

Soljer

Noone voted for stacks, yet he advanced in his match vs Digi. Everyone thought Digi's strat was legit. So why was it an issue?

Digi gets all the votes, Stacks advances... Don't you see anything MAJORly wrong there?

Those are my only problems. I thought Evangel was playing 'hands off' in the tourney; like she did with Trick.

She specifically said "I will not be your judge; KMC will be."

KMC thought that Trick's strategy was against the rules. No one thought that Digi's was.

We all read the rules, we all read the matches, shouldn't it be up to the judges, then, to decide what strategies follow those rules(Digi), and which are just totally out of the realm of realism (Trick)?

Digi wins his match in a shut out, and Stacks advances because he bitched and moaned enough.

If that's all the tourney takes; maybe you do have a shot at the title, Cresh.

Air Legend
Originally posted by Soljer
Stacks didn't 'get the win.'

The votes were a shut out in Digi's favor. NO ONE voted stacks.

Just because he advances, doesn't mean he won.

He might not have "won" by your standards, but officially he did because Digimark forfeited. Digimark's forfeit wasn't a noble act. It came off as rather cowardly. Even without his instant tech strategy he could have won, but chose to be a quitter.

I reiterate: I don't think darthgoober would have quit if one of his strategies got eliminated.

One thing I've learned about this tourney is people should quit trying to find loopholes and just build a solid all-around team. Like I said earlier in this thread, I'm pretty sure Evangel wouldn't have allowed Jean Grey (with body and mind) for even 20 points if she knew id369 would claim she came with the Phoenix Force.

Blair Wind
He might not have "won" by your standards, but officially he did because Digimark forfeited. Digimark's forfeit wasn't a noble act. It came off as rather cowardly. Even without his instant tech strategy he could have won, but chose to be a quitter.

I reiterate: I don't think darthgoober would have quit if one of his strategies got eliminated.

One thing I've learned about this tourney is people should quit trying to find loopholes and just build a solid all-around team. Like I said earlier in this thread, I'm pretty sure Evangel wouldn't have allowed Jean Grey (with body and mind) for even 20 points if she knew id369 would claim she came with the Phoenix Force.

Do you not comprehend the principles behind his actions? It's not so much as he could not win, but why compete in a tournament where rules can be changed on a whim by the director based on invalid complaints? I would have personally done the same as he did, being that he already used the strategy in other matches and no one complained or said his plan was invalid. To suddenly compete for a (fourth?) time and have his plan be outlawed is preposterous.

Air Legend
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Do you not comprehend the principles behind his actions? It's not so much as he could not win, but why compete in a tournament where rules can be changed on a whim by the director based on invalid complaints? I would have personally done the same as he did, being that he already used the strategy in other matches and no one complained or said his plan was invalid. To suddenly compete for a (fourth?) time and have his plan be outlawed is preposterous.
Apparently it WAS a valid complaint. Just because none of the previous competitors decided to argue against it, doesn't mean it's not illegal. Almost all the matches I've read has had a contestant call out one of the "flaws" in his opponent's plan that wasn't previously mentioned, and in this case, he (Stacks) argued to the point that the technique got invalidated. Digimark could have put up resistance to Stacks's argument and convinced Evangel that his strategy was legal, but instead he just quit, a blatant attempt to make the director look bad and gain the forum's condolences.

Master-Borg

jeebus, there's so much wrong with your post it needs to be addressed point-by-point:

"So despite the lack of valid evidence to support their case you still gave in to the underhanded tactic of complain about it enough to get you to go against valid logic and evidence anyway?"
-- You think there is a lack of valid evidence. Others think there IS valid evidence. Evangel listened to both sides and disagreed with your assessment. Deal with it.

Don't you see that that's my main complaint? You have people who have this idea that they can just complain to get the other partricipant's legitimate picks banned just by complaining. And you gave in. Rather than actually being fair you give in just because people complained.
-- Just by complaining? I doubt that would work. You need to have legitimate complaints that show Evangel's initial rules being circumvented. Joey must've been more convincing that Digi's prep violated instant prep than your argument that it doesn't.

They were incorrect in their assesment, and their fears were not legitimate. Its an underhanded strategy that appearently works. Complain to you enough and you can get your opponents tossed from the tourny, thus giving you a clear pathway to the crown rather than actually participating in the tournament.
-- How correct their assessment is is subjective. So, it wasn't underhanded to those who consider their assessment correct. If you believe incessant complaining works, be Evangel's guest and continue on complaining...don't see it doing much for you so far.

ITs a rat-bastard thing to do, but appearently it works. You took away Metron's Chair, based on King Kandy complaining about it?
You took away Mogo based on Joey Stacks complaining about it? And then again when Joey Stacks complained about Digi's prep you changed the rule mid tourny after Digi had attempted to use the strategy in two prior matches.
They don't even have to present a decent argument as to why they should have their way. From what it sounds like they just spam your pm box with complaints and you'll jump to.
-- the decency of their argument is subjective. There are people who agree with them and some who agree with you. Evangel even stated she received MANY complaints from MANY posters.

Is that how a person is supposed to win this tournament? Complian loudly enough? This then becomes not a debate tournament, but a tournament of who can ***** the most.
- You've complained quite a bit, how's it been working so far?

Yet you ban other people who express their concerns. This is why there is this appearence of favoritism. Kandy or Stacks complain they get their way. Other people complain you tell them too bad?
- Who did she ban? Trickster...who everyone was giddy to ban? Or someone else who was violating terms of debate? yeah, 2 cases which pretty much everyone agreed Evangel was in the right to ban, who many of you supported banning and now you use that against Evangel?

"Digi gets all the votes, Stacks advances... Don't you see anything MAJORly wrong there?"
-- Evangel SAID she was going to advance Digi had he not quit, or did you fail to read that. You know, it's pretty hard to advance someone who is no longer in the tourney. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Do you not comprehend the principles behind his actions? It's not so much as he could not win, but why compete in a tournament where rules can be changed on a whim by the director based on invalid complaints?

Invalid to whom? To you they may be invalid. However, Evangel clearly stated there were numerous complaints from many people. To them, it was a legitimate complaint. Why is your OPINION any more valid than theirs?

Master-Borg

She specifically said "I will not be your judge; KMC will be."

Evangel has specifically stated that she would've advanced Digi had he not quit. That seems like to me like letting KMC being judge.

Master-Borg
Also, I have noticed that Digi hasn't really attempted to argue why his prep DOESN'T violate the instant tech rule.

Rather, his argument has been "I've used that strat in prior battles without it being an issue, so for it to be brought up now is unfair."

But that argument is weak imo. Just because prior opponents don't bring up a flaw or illegality does not mean one doesn't exist.

If Digi feels his prep doesn't violate the instant tech rule, than he should make his case for it and allow the board to see how convincing it is.

Soljer
Also, I have noticed that Digi hasn't really attempted to argue why his prep DOESN'T violate the instant tech rule.

Rather, his argument has been "I've used that strat in prior battles without it being an issue, so for it to be brought up now is unfair."

But that argument is weak imo. Just because prior opponents don't bring up a flaw or illegality does not mean one doesn't exist.

If Digi feels his prep doesn't violate the instant tech rule, than he should make his case for it and allow the board to see how convincing it is.

He already did. An entirely accurate and resoundingly convincing one.

Perhaps you should pay more attention.

Bentley
Apparently it WAS a valid complaint. Just because none of the previous competitors decided to argue against it, doesn't mean it's not illegal. Almost all the matches I've read has had a contestant call out one of the "flaws" in his opponent's plan that wasn't previously mentioned, and in this case, he (Stacks) argued to the point that the technique got invalidated. Digimark could have put up resistance to Stacks's argument and convinced Evangel that his strategy was legal, but instead he just quit, a blatant attempt to make the director look bad and gain the forum's condolences.

As a simple game thing, there was no point playing with a handicapped team against other good debaters with not-handicapped ones. Being a "quitter" when you save yourself from unneeded agony seems to me like a smart move to do. Besides, its Digi's choice to do, he could forfeit even if he was winning the whole thing, same thing here.

Master-Borg
He already did. An entirely accurate and resoundingly convincing one.

Perhaps you should pay more attention. eh, guess it wasn't as convincing to Evangel as the other side's argument that it did violate the rules.

Also, by reading Evangels post, she states that she has voiced her concern with Digi over the Doctor before the tourney even started...so this wasn't completely out of the blue as some portray it.

id369

Soljer
eh, guess it wasn't as convincing to Evangel ...

By which you must surely mean "I guess he didn't act like a complete ***** and spam her PM box with twenty copies of the same sentences."

As evident; the louder you *****, the more likely you are to win.

Master-Borg
By which you must surely mean "I guess he didn't act like a complete ***** and spam her PM box with twenty copies of the same sentences."

As evident; the louder you *****, the more likely you are to win. its sad you and cresh believe that was the reason Evangel ruled the way she did

is it really incomprehensible to you she may have felt differently about the validity of Digi's argument?

Also, she stated MANY people complained, not just one guy spamming her. Are you calling her a liar? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Master-Borg
id369, I just want to say your presentation of the debate was phenomenal...rarely are debates a pleasure (aesthetically) to read!

id369
Here I thought I was being to anal with detail. Glad you can make out of the mess I typed up. ^__^.

Soljer
Are you calling her a liar? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Funny how much you enjoy putting words into peoples' mouths. smile.

Master-Borg
Funny how much you enjoy putting words into peoples' mouths. smile. not at all, you basically dismissed Evangel's valid reasons for her decision and stated that she only did so because one guy spammed her inbox. I would say that's akin to calling her a liar.

Devil Lance
not at all, you basically dismissed Evangel's valid reasons for her decision and stated that she only did so because one guy spammed her inbox. I would say that's akin to calling her a liar.

But no one else other than stacks in the tourney had voiced any complaints about it roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's the only one who continued to B*tch

Really name one Tourney competitor who would have complained about this. Everyone except stacks in the tourney was on Digi's side on this matter wink

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Devil Lance
But no one else other than stacks in the tourney had voiced any complaints about it roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's the only one who continued to B*tch

Really name one Tourney competitor who would have complained about this. Everyone except stacks in the tourney was on Digi's side on this matter wink

Evangel has stated that many who were against Digi's argument chose to voice their complaints through PM and that she'll respect their privacy and not post who they were, so Stacks certainly is not the only one complaining....unless you assume Evangel is lying.

DigiMark007
Evangel has stated that many who were against Digi's argument chose to voice their complaints through PM and that she'll respect their privacy and not post who they were, so Stacks certainly is not the only one complaining....unless you assume Evangel is lying.

I can respect peoples' privacy, but the fact remains that no argument for the rule change was presented except for the complaints. Complaints in and of themselves shouldn't get rules changed unless they have some sort of logical backing behind it.

psycho gundam
it does look like instant tech though;

-15 minutes to build GALACTUS KILLING CANNON
-matter manipulator getting blueprints via mind link
-the fight is in an underground tunnel system

???wouldn't the cave turn to plasma when heated thus killing some of your team???

dude, you should have ditched the gun and used thor to his fullest.
you didn't have to quit either.

Creshosk
jeebus, there's so much wrong with your post it needs to be addressed point-by-point:

"So despite the lack of valid evidence to support their case you still gave in to the underhanded tactic of complain about it enough to get you to go against valid logic and evidence anyway?"
-- You think there is a lack of valid evidence. Others think there IS valid evidence. Evangel listened to both sides and disagreed with your assessment. Deal with it. How about if you post it? Or better yet learn to ****ing read:

No one could actually come up with any solid scan evidence that actually displayed Mogo being above Herald level.

There was valid evidence Master-Troll? Eva says No one could come up with any.

Don't you see that that's my main complaint? You have people who have this idea that they can just complain to get the other partricipant's legitimate picks banned just by complaining. And they CAN because they DID.

What the hell is your stake in this? You're not a competitor. So what's it to you? You enjoying the cock suck?

And you gave in. Rather than actually being fair you give in just because people complained.
-- Just by complaining? I doubt that would work.Well it did. Need I remind you that without any evidence placing Mogo above herlald level he was banned Just because Stacks complained.

You need to have legitimate complaints that show Evangel's initial rules being circumvented. Joey must've been more convincing that Digi's prep violated instant prep than your argument that it doesn't. Or he just whined more. How about you try tro read rwhat's going on?

-- How correct their assessment is is subjective. Incorrect. There was no evidence. Yet they still got their way.

So, it wasn't underhanded to those who consider their assessment correct. You mean the one complaining and the tourny director who gave in to whining?

If you believe incessant complaining works, be Evangel's guest and continue on complaining...don't see it doing much for you so far.Why are you even in here? You're not a competitor you little troll.

-- the decency of their argument is subjective.It was apparently enough even without evidence to get her to change her mind.

There are people who agree with them and some who agree with you. Ad populem. It doesn't matter who agrees with whom that doesn't change the facts. There was no evidence.

Evangel even stated she received MANY complaints from MANY posters. Which might be an exageration to hide the real number. Some of us are smart enough to see through these ruses.

- You've complained quite a bit, how's it been working so far?How about you troll?

- Who did she ban? Trickster...who everyone was giddy to ban? Or someone else who was violating terms of debate? yeah, 2 cases which pretty much everyone agreed Evangel was in the right to ban, who many of you supported banning and now you use that against Evangel?I'm getting tired of your trolling. Begone.

"Digi gets all the votes, Stacks advances... Don't you see anything MAJORly wrong there?"
-- Evangel SAID she was going to advance Digi had he not quit, or did you fail to read that. Oh that's rich YOU accusing someone of not reading.

Digi said he became disenchanted after Eva decided to change the rules because stacks complained.

You know, it's pretty hard to advance someone who is no longer in the tourney. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, and what's your stake in this again? The cock suck, troll?

Creshosk
its sad you and cresh believe that was the reason Evangel ruled the way she did

is it really incomprehensible to you she may have felt differently about the validity of Digi's argument?

Also, she stated MANY people complained, not just one guy spamming her. Are you calling her a liar? roll eyes (sarcastic) It's sad that you have the reading comprehension level of mayonaise

No one could actually come up with any solid scan evidence that actually displayed Mogo being above Herald level.

"No evidence? That's fine You complained enough for me to rule in your favor."

Creshosk
Funny how much you enjoy putting words into peoples' mouths. smile. That's not all he likes putting in people's mouths.

Creshosk
I can respect peoples' privacy, but the fact remains that no argument for the rule change was presented except for the complaints. Complaints in and of themselves shouldn't get rules changed unless they have some sort of logical backing behind it. And we already know that no evidence is enough evidence:

Master-Borg
Creshosk, resorting to insults and sexual innuendos is really unbecoming of you, there's absolutely no need to lower our discourse to such a level. It merely diminishes the credibility and any possible validity your arguments possess when you engage in unnecessary and unprovoked below the belt attacks.

You're right, I'm not a competitor. But I am a respected elder of KMC, and therefore have not only a right but also a duty to maintain the sanctum of this community...especially since I aspire to be a mod one day. When I feel I need to lend my voice in a controversial debate, I will certainly do so and will neither seek your approval nor require your permission.

I'm not going to rehash anymore points. I've already provided my thoughts on the issue, and you have yours (although you could have done so a bit more artfully), nothing more can be accomplished in this ***--for-tat nonsense.

Badabing
Cresh and MB, this has been going on for 2 days. I don't want to see this carry over to another thread. Please take it to PMs or put each other on ignore. Thanks.

Badabing
It's all yours Evangel94.

Evangel94
Votes for Typhus: 3
Air Legend
Bentley
Symmetric Chaos

Votes for id369: 1
Creshosk

Typhus advances to the next round. Id369 is sent to the last chance finale to compete for a spot in the tournament.

Creshosk
4 votes?

Does that seem a bit ... low?

xmarksthespot
That's not all he likes putting in people's mouths. Wrong way around, Cresh.
But I am a respected elder of KMC, and therefore have not only a right but also a duty to maintain the sanctum of this community...especially since I aspire to be a mod one day. When I feel I need to lend my voice in a controversial debate, I will certainly do so and will neither seek your approval nor require your permission. My god, you need a strong does of shut the **** up. You're either delusional or trying and failing to be funny. Anna Nicole Smith's rotting corpse has more respect than you on KMC and is more likely to become a mod.

Badabing
Okay, I'm not sure what got into the water or who's to blame. I've been getting too many reports from the tournament threads. Bashing, flaming, trolling, swearing....you all get the point. I'm not about to read several pages to see who started what. If I see any more trouble coming from these threads I'm warning everybody involved.

DigiMark007
Lulz at MB aspiring to mod-dom. You have 3 warnings and a temp ban on your record. A willingness to reform is commendable, but I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for the call.

As for inserting yourself into the debate, you're neither a participant nor have you been working with all the facts from the beginning. Myself and Cresh have been catching you up, just like the couple others who have chimed in with opinions without full knowledge and seemingly no motive to enter it besides random ill-informed grudges.

Cresh can be a jerk sometimes, he'll be the first to admit it, and I won't defend his methods in general (though I think he's been right in his points here), but to pretend yourself innocent is equally as hypocritical.

Creshosk
Cresh can be a jerk sometimes, he'll be the first to admit it, and I won't defend his methods in general (though I think he's been right in his points here), but to pretend yourself innocent is equally as hypocritical. 313

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.