Who would be the most worthy candidate for GL Ring in Marvel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Guardians decide to make an honorary GL on Marvel Earth. Who would make the best Green Lantern from Marvel Earth?

ScarletSpeed
Should this be in the vs forum?

Steve Roger if he were still alive, or Tony Stark i think.

Knowsbleed33
Daredevil

Endrict Nuul
Isn't there already a thread like this in comics forum?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Isn't there already a thread like this in comics forum?

Yes.

I voted for Batman in it. I stand by that judgment.

illadelph12
Hmm...

I'd actually have to say T'Challa. Cap is a nice choice too, but Black Panther also brings the technical expertise and genius along so he'd make better use of the ring, and with his will, honor, leadership, guile, and determination, he's a perfect candidate. Basically Cap and Tony rolled up into one with a little Reed Richards sprinkled on top.

Bentley
It should go to a creative character with a lot of will: Rick Jones. Nobody would be a better GL in the whole Marvel Universe.

Master-Borg
I think Reed Richards would be a good GL. He'd build the most awesome weapons and gadgets imo.

Phone
Cyclops?

Soljer
Thanos would make a great lantern; he fears nothing, has monstrous willpower, and is incredibly creative.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Soljer
Thanos would make a great lantern; he fears nothing, has monstrous willpower, and is incredibly creative. he would...except I don't think the Guardians would let him get anywhere close to the ring big grin

Symmetric Chaos
Thanos would make a great lantern; he fears nothing, has monstrous willpower, and is incredibly creative.

Good one.

Priest
Sentry...ermm

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Priest
Sentry...ermm isn't he a schizo? Not sure Guardians would want something that reminds them of Parallax on their hands.

Endrict Nuul
Even thought he's not in Marvel.....I vote for Doctor Who.

Lord Feron
Peter Parker; he is a smart dude and im sure he will find clever ways to use the ring.

redhotrash
Willpower is one of the things Sentry is deeply lacking in. The guy is the most powerful coward in comics.
On a side note, even though its out of their character, I always thought Carnage would rock with a yellow ring, as hes shown to be real imaginitive with forming his symbiote into different weapons.

Soljer
No one's mentioned the Punisher? I'm astonished. He performed surgery on himself for Christ's sake!

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yes.

I voted for Batman in it. I stand by that judgment.

Batman isn't Marvel though roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Batman isn't Marvel though roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue That's the point.

Endrict Nuul
No one's mentioned the Punisher? I'm astonished. He performed surgery on himself for Christ's sake!

Fine I vote for Punisher also.

Nick Fury
Black Bolt
Captain Marvel
Quasar
Gladiator
Emma Frost

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Batman isn't Marvel though roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Indeed.

Concerning people actually from the MU I'd say Magneto.

ScarletSpeed
I never even thought of Magneto smile

cmack
in all honesty maybe silver surfer or steve rogers

Badabing
Steve Rogers has overcome fear and has great will power.

Wolverine really has no fear and has great will power but he's prone to violence.

Punisher overcomes fear and has good will power but he's prone to violence.

Professor Xavier has great willpower and overcomes fear.

Cyclops has good willpower and overcomes fear.

Symmetric Chaos
Forge might not be the most worthy but he'd easily be among the most potentially powerful.

Deadpool strikes me as the type who could use a ring pretty devastatingly (think Nero but funnier).

darthgoober
Mar-Vell would be the ultimate GL.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Badabing
Steve Rogers has overcome fear and has great will power.

Wolverine really has no fear and has great will power but he's prone to violence.

Punisher overcomes fear and has good will power but he's prone to violence.

Professor Xavier has great willpower and overcomes fear.

Cyclops has good willpower and overcomes fear.

I don't know about these guys, they don't have much imagination, aside from Frank.

Cap will prob just create shields and Logan will prob just make his claws bigger.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by darthgoober
Mar-Vell would be the ultimate GL. why?

Master-Borg
Forge might not be the most worthy but he'd easily be among the most potentially powerful.

Deadpool strikes me as the type who could use a ring pretty devastatingly (think Nero but funnier). Would Forge be better than Reed?

also, yeah Deadpool would be amazing to watch as a GL. He'd be like Mxy, just playing around with his opponents. They should make a comic for him being a GL.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Would Forge be better than Reed?

Instant conceptualization of how the construct will work. Reed would still need some time to work out the details, especially for something really complex.

Soljer
I don't know about these guys, they don't have much imagination, aside from Frank.

Cap will prob just create shields and Logan will prob just make his claws bigger.

Lulz at Frank utilizing a lantern ring better than one of the, if not THE foremost human tactician in the Marvel U.

darthgoober
why?
Several reasons

1. His Cosmic Awareness would give him insights into the rings full capabilities like no other GL ever.

2. His willpower and tactical mind are unsurpassed by pretty much anyone on Marvel Earth with the possible exceptions of Steve Rodgers and Dr. Doom

3. He's an expert at doing the most he can with what he possesses. I mean the guy was a class 10 with very few feats of significant power to his credit, but despite that he was always able to give just about ANYONE that he fought trouble. Add the power of a GL ring to his arsenal and there'd be few beings he couldn't take down.

Master-Borg
Lulz at Frank utilizing a lantern ring better than one of the, if not THE foremost human tactician in the Marvel U. Frank is one of the foremost human tacticians (Punisher is all about tactical attacks)...Steve's got nothing on Frank in that department.

seaapple
Norrin Radd.

He already showed both great willpower and sensitivity when he sacrificed himself for Zenn-La. Also, he has overcome the guilt of serving as Galactus's herald. And he has the nobility and strength of character to have somehow overcome the schemes of Mephisto time and time again.

T'Challa is not a bad choice.

Maybe Professor X.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by seaapple
Norrin Radd.

He already showed both great willpower and sensitivity when he sacrificed himself for Zenn-La. Also, he has overcome the guilt of serving as Galactus's herald. And he has the nobility and strength of character to have somehow overcome the schemes of Mephisto time and time again.

IMO, he'd probably do better with a "Hope" ring.

Dark-Jaxx
Storm would make an above average GL IMO.

Juggernaut with one would be unstoppable, it would eliminate the BFR that hinders him so.

CaptainStoic
Amadeus Cho would be an excellent choice, for obvious reasons.

Badabing
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Amadeus Cho would be an excellent choice, for obvious reasons. Hmm, interesting choice. With his mind he could will the ring to do all sorts of things.

Hulk is a no brainer. He's green and so is the ring! durhulk

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk is a no brainer. He's green and so is the ring! durhulk

lulz

RSSR
isn't he a schizo? Not sure Guardians would want something that reminds them of Parallax on their hands.

laughing out loud

Any one of these individuals would make a great GL:

Forge
T'Challa
Peter Parker
Tony Starks
Reed Richards

Out of that list, Forge has the least going.

Darth Creasy
Norrin Radd and Quasar would be the best choices because they already wielded similar power. If Marvel/DC were actually collaborating on something like this, Rick Jones would get the call.

shksprtx
Puck...he kept a demon trapped in his body for decades, so he has the willpower thing down...

As for other traits, he has years of experience as a soldier and adventurer, so I think he can handle most anything thrown at him...

I'd also consider Ben Grimm/Thing if I were a Guardian...

MightyEInherjar
I could see a controlled Bruce Banner using the ring well. The guy has to use tons of willpower fighting multiple psyches. He could expel his pent up rage through "meditation" by using the ring as an outlet. Not to mention Banner's a pretty sharp guy when he's not flying off the handle.

Martian_mind
Bob,agent of Hydra.

Now and forever

Phantom Zone
Captain America probably.

Mindset
Dr Doom

Deadpool smile

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
I could see a controlled Bruce Banner using the ring well. The guy has to use tons of willpower fighting multiple psyches. He could expel his pent up rage through "meditation" by using the ring as an outlet. Not to mention Banner's a pretty sharp guy when he's not flying off the handle.

He would be sick with a red power ring.

Sado22
daredevil eek!

Laminator_X
Helmut Zemo.

(Remember, Sinestro was their shining star once.)

Doctor-Alvis
Instant conceptualization of how the construct will work. Reed would still need some time to work out the details, especially for something really complex.
I don't think it works like that. I recall a scan of a GL creating some kind of magnetic repulsion hamster wheel thing that was powered by Flash. I really don't think any of the human GLs have the intelligence to actually build something like that.

Bouboumaster

It would lower his power lol

Soljer
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
It would lower his power lol

How?

I can understand the (in my opinion, incorrect) assertion that a Lantern Ring would be insignificant to Thanos, his own personal power already being so incredible.

But adding ten to ten thousand, no matter how insignificant that ten looks compared to ten thousand, will never somehow make the ten thousand drop.

King_Mungi
Tony Stark hasn't been able to "will" his alcohol problem away, so I don't think he would make a good Lantern stick out tongue

nimbus006
1. Steve Rogers would be just as good, if not better than Hal in my opinion
2. Mar-vell would own
3. Amadeus Cho would be very interesting
4. Hercules would be awesome
5. Dr. Doom would own (although a yellow Lantern Ring my suit him better)
6. Namor would own
7. Cable would own
8. Beast would be great- Kind of reminds me of a Salaak
9. Matt Murdock would be great
10. Patriot might be good
11. Iron Fist would be great

Kid Kurdy
Do people here realize how many practical things Spider-Man has made with his webs ? He is a wizard with his webs.

And his webs are clumsy, stupid and slow compared to a GL ring.

So I think he would do great with a GL ring. And he has more than willpower enough.

GahLakTus
Xavier would be cool.

Lord Feron
Deadpool would be funny and deadly at the sametime but idk if the guardians will choose a merc. I second Cable, thank you nimbus006. His handle of advanced technology and gadgetry can prolly conjure up some devastating things.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Deadpool would be funny and deadly at the sametime but idk if the guardians will choose a merc. I second Cable, thank you nimbus006. His handle of advanced technology and gadgetry can prolly conjure up some devastating things.

He's one of the first that came to mind. wink

LORD B
most of these have already been mentioned

cap
spiderman
magneto
marvell
thanos

and i'd go for black bolt and nova

starlock
Nate Grey
Quasar/Wendall
High Evolutionary
Bishop
Steve Rogers
Adam Warlock
Vision
Nick Fury

Endrict Nuul
Optimus Prime or Rodimus Prime.

Citizen V
Originally posted by darthgoober
Mar-Vell would be the ultimate GL.

QTF.

starlock
i was just thinking...was not Daredevil called ...the man with no fear? or was that just the movie confused

llagrok
That has always been Daredevil's little slogan.

Erik-Lensherr
whistling

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_MagnetoWill.jpg

starlock
Originally posted by llagrok
That has always been Daredevil's little slogan.

I went to pick up my comics and noticed it has "the man with no fear" right under the title lol....i guess he would make a great lantern....well at least in the early days of the GL's

Sam Z
Spider-Man.

Raoul
Originally posted by Citizen V
QTF.

qft?

stick out tongue

several x-men have the requisite willpower needed, imo...

roughrider
All the GLs from Earth were just normal guys with everyday jobs, when they were called. Why should they look for heroes only on Marvel Earth?

Have strong willpower and be lacking in fear; those are the only two qualifications to become a GL.

llagrok
Maybe that female reporter, with the nice rack.

Psyquis52
Out of those I've heard, I've found a few that I consider to be good suggestions.

Captain Mar-vell - probably one of the masters at creative solutions to problems in the Marvel universe and the power wouldn't be more than he could handle.

Rick Jones - his connections to Captain Mar-vell would make him used to the power and I'm certain he'll have no problems with creativity.
Frankly I consider him to be the best option I've heard.

Quasar - It's not a giant leap for him.

Some original suggestions:

Danny Ketch - He was Ghost Rider for a while and if he could deal with that then I'm pretty certain there's nothing in the world of a GL he couldn't learn to deal with.

Darkhawk - Yeah, I know I'm a total fanboy but hear me out. If you've read his serious then you know that he's had his own battles with willpower directly related to his power set. He's had to show major levels of creativity just to understand his powers as they were evolving. On top of all that he's had constant battles with inner fear and is used to coming out on top. Next to Rick Jones I would consider Chris Powell as a viable subject.

psycho gundam
dr. spectrum wink

llagrok
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Out of those I've heard, I've found a few that I consider to be good suggestions.

Captain Mar-vell - probably one of the masters at creative solutions to problems in the Marvel universe and the power wouldn't be more than he could handle.

Rick Jones - his connections to Captain Mar-vell would make him used to the power and I'm certain he'll have no problems with creativity.
Frankly I consider him to be the best option I've heard.

Quasar - It's not a giant leap for him.

Some original suggestions:

Danny Ketch - He was Ghost Rider for a while and if he could deal with that then I'm pretty certain there's nothing in the world of a GL he couldn't learn to deal with.

Darkhawk - Yeah, I know I'm a total fanboy but hear me out. If you've read his serious then you know that he's had his own battles with willpower directly related to his power set. He's had to show major levels of creativity just to understand his powers as they were evolving. On top of all that he's had constant battles with inner fear and is used to coming out on top. Next to Rick Jones I would consider Chris Powell as a viable subject.

Didn't look like Darkawk had a lot of control of himself in Excelsior and Runaways.

Martian_mind
Starlord.

llagrok
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Starlord.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by llagrok
Didn't look like Darkawk had a lot of control of himself in Excelsior and Runaways. Now that's hardly fair. I mean...

Ok you've got a point there but let's look at GL's records as they stand thus far anyway.

Hal Jordan - was possessed by Parallax
Sinestro - he's Sinestro for crying out loud
Guy Gardner - has gone psycho more times than Carrot Top
Kyle Rayner - just got possessed by Parallax
Jon Stewart - ...

Well, Jon's just boring.

My point is losing control seems to be a trend with these guys.

Psyquis52
I should start using commas.

Symmetric Chaos
Hal Jordan - was possessed by Parallax

The living embodiment of fear and terror that can fight skyfather type people . . .

Sinestro - he's Sinestro for crying out loud

He lost everything that he had spent his entire life working to achieve. Going nuts is hardly an overreaction.

Guy Gardner - has gone psycho more times than Carrot Top

He lives on the edge of psycho. I've never seen him really lose it though.

Kyle Rayner - just got possessed by Parallax

The living embodiment of fear and terror that can fight skyfather type people . . .

Jon Stewart - ...

Well, Jon's just boring.

He has more willpower than the ring can handle.

Cartesian Doubt
Wolverine
Current Cap/Old Cap
Cyclops
Electra
Dare Devil (The man without fear , DUH !)
Vision (He'd make a good Alpha Lantern)
Hercules
Ares
Black Widow
X23
Wolfsbane

Endrict Nuul
What about Darwin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(comics)

SevenShackles
Ka-Zar
Rick Jones
Mar-vell
Eddie Brock
Luke Cage
Tyger Tiger
Hawkeye

it be better if the ring went to more Normal people. like they did in DCU.

Aztec123
Cyclops, he has leadership qualities. He also resembles Hal Jordan.

Newjak
Captain America

xmarksthespot
Contortionist MDs with high pain tolerance.

SevenShackles
Ka-Zar

Radical
I can see the conversation now:

Green Lantern: "Let me get this straight....a weapon limited by the willpower and creativity of the user went to a Sorceror Supreme?"

Dr. Strange: "Yes, I can see how I could be considered overqualified..."

big grin

the Darkone
Cap or Thor

JakeTheBank
Steve Rogers or Victor Von Doom.

Digi
1. Optimus Prime: honestly, I haven't come up with a better Sub-Skyfather wielder, nor seen one in this thread.
2. That old X-Men character whose mutant power was to be able to build anything...forget his name.

Originally posted by the Darkone
Cap or Thor

Not sure either is creative enough. Steve might be good in the same way Alan Scott is, just on pure willpower, but it barely adds anything to Thor in terms of powers or capabilities.

JakeTheBank
Steve also has history working as an artist, so that's bound to help him bring constructs to life backed by his practically indomitable will.

Digi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Steve also has history working as an artist, so that's bound to help him bring constructs to life backed by his practically indomitable will.

Maybe. But they;d still just be more picturesque bludgeoning sticks. I'm not saying he wouldn't be good (he would), but half of being a powerful GL is willpower; the other half is the esoteric powers they're capable of. Alan's the exception because he's just that much man. But the creativity aspect is why Kyle and Hal are tops among the others...they've found more uses for the ring other than standard powers. Steve doesn't strike me as the type to build complex machinery or manipulate time, for example.

Digi
Forge. That was his name. Him.

Obviously any techy gets a boost. Characters like Reed have to be on any list because he could simply recreate any of his tech, which puts him beyond nearly any GL, strong willpower or not.

Sticking with Optimus as my #1 though. As strong a will as exists in comics, and a knowledge of tech rivaled by few on any Earth.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Digi
Maybe. But they;d still just be more picturesque bludgeoning sticks. I'm not saying he wouldn't be good (he would), but half of being a powerful GL is willpower; the other half is the esoteric powers they're capable of. Alan's the exception because he's just that much man. But the creativity aspect is why Kyle and Hal are tops among the others...they've found more uses for the ring other than standard powers. Steve doesn't strike me as the type to build complex machinery or manipulate time, for example.

Personally, I think Steve probably wouldn't use the exotic powers of the ring over using simple, yet effective constructs and blasts. Tactically speaking, Steve would likely be all over the place and essentially function as a one man army with a GL ring. Considering his skills in hand to hand, he'd also start wrecking bricks in hand to hand.

JayDaDon
Tony stark would be an interesting GL.

Mindship
Ben Grimm: with heart comes will. He may not be much on imagination, but determination is his middle name.

Steve Rogers: attitude and dedication-wise, this is Marvel's Superman, the hero's hero, out protecting the universe.

Sue Richards: already used to making forcefield constructs, and she can be very willful.

That's it for now.

TheGodKiller
Deadpool.

TheGodKiller
Dr Doom is the best candidate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.