Batman vs Winter Soldier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Who would win if Batman met Winter Soldier in a gymnasium and, both of them decided to lay down their weapons and go at it hand to hand?

ScarletSpeed
Hand to hand combat, Batman takes it IMO.

Eon Blue
Anyone with a working brain would know that Batman would win.

Soljer
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Anyone with a working brain would know that Batman would win.

Winter Soldier's an incredibly skilled individual with the inherent advantage of his cybernetic arm.

I feel that Bruce would win, but it isn't THAT easy.

norrinradd43
Agreed...I think Bruce could definatly drop a few to WS.

ScarletSpeed
Bruce = 127 different fightstyles, Batman could go toe to toe with cap and it would be a pretty even match even though in the long run cap would win. and Cap PWNS Winter Soldiersmile

Batman simply opens up a can of Batfu all over his candy winter ass smile

Battlehammer
currently if were allowing bucky after the sss up grade then he wins.

with out it he loses

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Battlehammer

with out it he loses

In this fight he has the Super Soldier Serum.

Battlehammer
bucky wins. physically superior in every way. Also has a metal arm which has even greater strength giving him an even larger strength advantage.

He also amazing skilled, and is naturally gifted fighter.

Master-Borg
bucky wins. physically superior in every way. Also has a metal arm which has even greater strength giving him an even larger strength advantage.

He also amazing skilled, and is naturally gifted fighter. but batman is more skilled and more experienced than him

Battlehammer
not to any point which would make up for his phyiscal inferority

Master-Borg
not to any point which would make up for his phyiscal inferority I think the physical inferiority isn't as big as you make it to be...Batman can hold his own against Captain America

If the fight lasts very long, then Bucky's stamina will be an advantage.

but Batman knows many one hit kills and could easily take down Bucky if he didnt hold back.

Mindset
Bucky is less impressive than Cap even with SSS, Cap's shield and his arm, imo.

Soljer

with out it he loses

Wait, when did Bucky get the Super Soldier Serum?

I really don't remember this.

King_Mungi
Ummm..lulz?, when has someone being stronger stopped Batman? Solomon Grundy anyone?

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Ummm..lulz?, when has someone being stronger stopped Batman? Solomon Grundy anyone?

Lulz. When was Solomon Grundy credited as the most naturally gifted melee fighter that Captain America'd ever seen?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Soljer
Lulz. When was Solomon Grundy credited as the most naturally gifted melee fighter that Captain America'd ever seen?

lulz, where was I making a reference to skill? as above people were basing he is physically stronger in everyway so he beats Batman.

Soljer
lulz, where was I making a reference to skill? as above people were basing he is physically stronger in everyway so he beats Batman.

Lulz; I believe the implication was that Winter Soldier is physically superior in every way and doesn't trail enough in skill to be outclassed.

Further; where the hell did Bucky get the SSS? I don't remember this at all.

King_Mungi
Lulz; I believe the implication was that Winter Soldier is physically superior in every way and doesn't trail enough in skill to be outclassed.

Further; where the hell did Bucky get the SSS? I don't remember this at all.

Except the member was saying the strength is what wins him the battle here. Which is false.

I don't know either

Soljer
Except the member was saying the strength is what wins him the battle here. Which is false.

I don't know either

You're talking about Capt?

He even said that Bruce didn't exceed Winter Soldier's skill enough to make up for his physical inferiority.

Phantom Ghost
He is? Could you give me some feats/examples of this?

King_Mungi
You're talking about Capt?

He even said that Bruce didn't exceed Winter Soldier's skill enough to make up for his physical inferiority.

Of course

Which is wrong as well, look at how well Batman has done against Deathstroke. Who is physically superior and just as skilled and Batman hurt him pretty bad erm Now is Winter Solider as skilled or as strong as DS?
---
Hell USAgent has class 10 strength and is very skilled fighter even was trained in Cap's style and was said to not be far behind him in skill, but Cap has embarassed him a few times erm

Soljer
Of course

Which is wrong as well, look at how well Batman has done against Deathstroke. Who is physically superior and just as skilled and Batman hurt him pretty bad erm Now is Winter Solider as skilled or as strong as DS?
---
Hell USAgent has class 10 strength and is very skilled fighter even was trained in Cap's style and was said to not be far behind him in skill, but Cap has embarassed him a few times erm

That's cause, in opposition of your belief, Deathstroke and USAgent aren't nearly as skilled as Batman or Captain America.

King_Mungi
That's cause, in opposition of your belief, Deathstroke and USAgent aren't nearly as skilled as Batman or Captain America.

DS apparently is as skilled as Batman and USAgent was said to be nearly as skilled as Cap and was physically superior to Cap in every way, but he still lost. Sound familar?

Is Winter Solider as skilled as Batman?

starlock
Batman for the win
Noone has answered the question of the day? does bucky have the SSS?

Soljer
DS apparently is as skilled as Batman and USAgent was said to be nearly as skilled as Cap and was physically superior to Cap in every way, but he still lost. Sound familar?

Is Winter Solider as skilled as Batman?

Again; in opposition of your assertions.

Deathstroke is not nearly as skilled as Batman, and USAgent was very clearly not nearly as skilled as Captain America.

smile.

King_Mungi
Again; in opposition of your assertions.

Deathstroke is not nearly as skilled as Batman, and USAgent was very clearly not nearly as skilled as Captain America.

smile.

Why? Batman has made reference he was shortly after when they had their fight on that building, except direct quotes and previous showings have stated he WAS nearly as skilled as Cap erm

Soljer
Why? Batman has made reference he was shortly after when they had their fight on that building, except direct quotes and previous showings have stated he WAS nearly as skilled as Cap erm

Showings?

Their showings are exactly what prove that the two villains AREN'T as skilled as their heroic counterparts.

King_Mungi
Showings?

Their showings are exactly what prove that the two villains AREN'T as skilled as their heroic counterparts.

Look at the DS or USAgent respect thread

Direct quotes said they were and even DS showings show he is just as skilled as Batman erm Here's another example Hawkgirl is stronger/faster/more durable/etc and has far more experience then Batman, but in Outsiders he owned her pretty easily..and he did it with physical force

Battlehammer
Wait, when did Bucky get the Super Soldier Serum?

I really don't remember this.
during his current run. When he decided to finally be captain america he was given the serum if not mistaken even comments on how capt uses to be like 3 times stronger and faster then he was.

King_Mungi
during his current run. When he decided to finally be captain america he was given the serum if not mistaken even comments on how capt uses to be like 3 times stronger and faster then he was.

He said the 3x stronger in Captain America #34, but I don't recall a mention of him taking a serum in it

Master-Borg
didn't DS whoop Batman in their encounter?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Master-Borg
didn't DS whoop Batman in their encounter?

Not really as DS was pretty badly injuired himself, and said Batman hit harder then most superhumans with super strength

Master-Borg
Not really as DS was pretty badly injuired himself, and said Batman hit harder then most superhumans with super strength ok, the encounter I remember, batman was on the ground getting pummeled by DS...maybe we're talking about different encounters

Battlehammer
He said the 3x stronger in Captain America #34, but I don't recall a mention of him taking a serum in it

could have sworn he recieved the serum.

I could have sworn I saw scanns and the issue in which he on the lab table recieving the serum.

I could be wrong, but I thought he did.

King_Mungi
ok, the encounter I remember, batman was on the ground getting pummeled by DS...maybe we're talking about different encounters

Was it on a building? As DS was very injuired after their fight and was even limping away

Master-Borg
Was it on a building? As DS was very injuired after their fight and was even limping away I think so

DS may have limped away...but CLEARLY he has the upper hand

I mean he could've killed Batman if he wanted to.

I can't really consider that a draw...of course DS is not gonna walk away without a scratch, but he was having his way with Batman and left him alive only due to his mercy

King_Mungi
I think so

DS may have limped away...but CLEARLY he has the upper hand

I mean he could've killed Batman if he wanted to.

I can't really consider that a draw...of course DS is not gonna walk away without a scratch, but he was having his way with Batman and left him alive only due to his mercy

He did, but my point was DS had every physical advantage in the fight and was said to be as skilled as Batman, but Bruce still seriously hurt him and gave him a hell of a fight. Winter Solider is no Deathstroke.

Master-Borg
He did, but my point was DS had every physical advantage in the fight and was said to be as skilled as Batman, but Bruce still seriously hurt him and gave him a hell of a fight. Winter Solider is no Deathstroke.

I feel thats a bad example to support your point...yes, DS was Bat's physical superior in every way, AND he backed it up by owning (imo) Batman

getting some injuries doesn't show that Batman was even a thread....I dont remember him being TOO seriously injured

King_Mungi
I feel thats a bad example to support your point...yes, DS was Bat's physical superior in every way, AND he backed it up by owning (imo) Batman

getting some injuries doesn't show that Batman was even a thread....I dont remember him being TOO seriously injured

Ummm...how? As DS basically had every advantage and he still got beat pretty bad, and owning implies it's one sided...it wasn't.

Errrr...DS was seriously injuired, and DS made reference he was a threat erm

Master-Borg
Ummm...how? As DS basically had every advantage and he still got beat pretty bad, and owning implies it's one sided...it wasn't.

Errrr...DS was seriously injuired, and DS made reference he was a threat erm

batman never really had a chance to win, thats what I meant when I said he wasnt a threat. Sure he can land some kicks and punches to hurt DS, but that doesnt matter in the fight, since whoever is standing is all that matters.

King_Mungi
batman never really had a chance to win, thats what I meant when I said he wasnt a threat. Sure he can land some kicks and punches to hurt DS, but that doesnt matter in the fight, since whoever is standing is all that matters.

Uuuuuh...yeah he did erm and DS even mentioned he hit harder then superhuman people with super strength and had DS seriously hurt. Now if Batman did that to DS, what chance does WS have?

Hell did you see what Batman did recently to Hawkgirl? Who has more experience and is physically superior to him in every way

Master-Borg
Uuuuuh...yeah he did erm and DS even mentioned he hit harder then superhuman people with super strength and had DS seriously hurt. Now if Batman did that to DS, what chance does WS have?

so are you telling me you think Batman can beat DS in a straight up fight?

Master-Borg

Hell did you see what Batman did recently to Hawkgirl? Who has more experience and is physically superior to him in every way batman tends to be exaggerated a bit when he hangs around with the JLA. (ie him beating on Grundy and Darkseid)

King_Mungi
so are you telling me you think Batman can beat DS in a straight up fight?

They could split wins and losses, considering what both have done.

King_Mungi
batman tends to be exaggerated a bit when he hangs around with the JLA. (ie him beating on Grundy and Darkseid)

It was in Outsiders he did it, not in the JLA

Master-Borg
They could split wins and losses, considering what both have done. ok so thats where we differ

you think Batman vs DS would go 5/5

whereas I think Batman vs DS would go 9/1 in DS' favor

King_Mungi
ok so thats where we differ

you think Batman vs DS would go 5/5

whereas I think Batman vs DS would go 9/1 in DS' favor

I may give DS the slight majority, but definetly not a 9/10 favor

Master-Borg
I may give DS the slight majority, but definetly not a 9/10 favor

why?...DS basically 'killed' Batman and walked away with a limp. That's not really a close fight.

King_Mungi
why?...DS basically 'killed' Batman and walked away with a limp. That's not really a close fight.

It was more then a limp as DS was pretty drained and seriously hurt erm, and Batman has beaten people just as skilled as DS and people stronger then DS so on-panel feats for Batman suggest he definetly can hang with DS.

Master-Borg
It was more then a limp as DS was pretty drained and seriously hurt erm, and Batman has beaten people just as skilled as DS and people stronger then DS so on-panel feats for Batman suggest he definetly can hang with DS. who has Batman beat (outside of PIS) that had a combination of DS's intellect, skills and physical abilities?

the fact is batman is usually smarter than his opponent...but thats not the case against DS

King_Mungi
who has Batman beat (outside of PIS) that had a combination of DS's intellect, skills and physical abilities?

the fact is batman is usually smarter than his opponent...but thats not the case against DS

His old martial arts masters, and Promethus for starters

DS has been outsmarted by Green Arrow before erm

Master-Borg
His old martial arts masters, and Promethus for starters

DS has been outsmarted by Green Arrow before erm

1. his old martial arts masters did not utilize 90% of their brains or have enhanced human attributes...so no way are them comparable to DS

2. Not knowledgeable about the DS-Green Arrow fight, but did GA have prep or other advantages perhaps?

King_Mungi
1. his old martial arts masters did not utilize 90% of their brains or have enhanced human attributes...so no way are them comparable to DS

2. Not knowledgeable about the DS-Green Arrow fight, but did GA have prep or other advantages perhaps?

1. Sweet, so using 90% of his brain gives him what abilities now? and yes they did have enhanced abiliites as they could focus their chi to grant them more power.

2. He had prep, but during the fight he was outsmarting him

Battlehammer
DS clearly is not batman level of skill.

Batman gives DS a run for his money due to the level of skill differences. DS is good, but he simply not batman level of skill nor has he shown to be.

King_Mungi
DS clearly is not batman level of skill.

Batman gives DS a run for his money due to the level of skill differences. DS is good, but he simply not batman level of skill nor has he shown to be.

and why do you think he ISN'T as skilled? and not shown to be? Errrrr? Do I really need to make a new Deathstroke respect thread now?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Hand to hand combat, Batman takes it IMO.

Agreed

Master-Borg
and why do you think he ISN'T as skilled?

well, if according to you, DS is physically superior in every way, yet you believe they're about even in a fight...then it MUST mean batman is more skilled

the only way one person who can beat someone who has all the physical advantages is by being more skilled to compensate for their physical disadvantages

King_Mungi
well, if according to you, DS is physically superior in every way, yet you believe they're about even in a fight...then it MUST mean batman is more skilled

the only way one person who can beat someone who has all the physical advantages is by being more skilled to compensate for their physical disadvantages

Except that's not what was stated and shown, but Batman still did what he did. Hence, why it was impressive and hence why I brought it up. Now do you get it? Hell just recently in Teen Titans year 1, the Titans defeated Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow and Flash but were all defeated by Batman just by himself

Master-Borg
dood you know well enough that Batman is a walking PIS device, him beating Titans only confirms that point

so now Im confused...you think DS is physically SUPERIOR in every way AND just as skilled...so how is it that you think batman can take half of their fights, through magic?!

King_Mungi
dood you know well enough that Batman is a walking PIS device, him beating Titans only confirms that point

so now Im confused...you think DS is physically SUPERIOR in every way AND just as skilled...so how is it that you think batman can take half of their fights, through magic?!

and Deathstroke isn't? lulz

Because he is Batman, as retarded as that sounds he has shown to overcome massive odds time and time again. He does things physically he shouldn't be capable of over and over again.

Master-Borg
and Deathstroke isn't? lulz

Because he is Batman, as retarded as that sounds he has shown to overcome massive odds time and time again. He does things physically he shouldn't be capable of over and over again. DS is nowhere near the PIS as batman

for one, he actually has an explanation for his abilties...he uses 90% of his brainpower, plus his physical abilities are all enhanced beyond human levels

so basically, your argument for Batman winning despite all logic is "cuz he's batman"....*clap* *clap* no expression

Tron

with out it he loses

Bucky was never given any kind of upgrade.

but batman is more skilled and more experienced than him

Skilled, maybe, but how do you figure that he's more experienced than someone who's worked through WWII and the Cold War up to the present date?

Joe Pap
Originally posted by Tron
Bucky was never given any kind of upgrade.

Skilled, maybe, but how do you figure that he's more experienced than someone who's worked through WWII and the Cold War up to the present date?

Hes in his 20s because he had been frozen, didn't spend much time during that time unfrozen but it depends on how long Bats has been fighting because Buck started properly at 16.

Battlehammer
and why do you think he ISN'T as skilled? and not shown to be? Errrrr? Do I really need to make a new Deathstroke respect thread now?
seen it a million times.

and I refferring to MA skill.

becauses I know what you consider fighting skill and what I consider it are not the same.

Joe Pap
and why do you think he ISN'T as skilled? and not shown to be? Errrrr? Do I really need to make a new Deathstroke respect thread now? YES.

Soon to.

Lots of material from his own series.

King_Mungi
DS is nowhere near the PIS as batman

for one, he actually has an explanation for his abilties...he uses 90% of his brainpower, plus his physical abilities are all enhanced beyond human levels

so basically, your argument for Batman winning despite all logic is "cuz he's batman"....*clap* *clap* no expression

DS takes on the entire JLA, and tags Flash on a regular basis. He even was so quick, Superman couldn't react fast enough. Lulz

Sweet, so what does using 90% of his brain give him? As I know what DS can do and I have read majority of his apperances so I know what I'm talking about

Lulz, so shall we ignore on-panel evidence then? As that's what I'm baseing it on. As even peak human Cap has shown his shield to catch a missile, that's physically impossible but he still did it. Batman has done things physically impossible for a peak human as well, but shall we ignore them now?

seen it a million times.

and I refferring to MA skill.

becauses I know what you consider fighting skill and what I consider it are not the same.

The old respect thread doesn't have everything

as am I

yes, DS was trained by the best in the world by the worlds greatest martial artists. Even green Arrow recently tracked down one of his former masters to be trained.

The Fake Macoy
I could be wrong, but I recall people saying that Deathstroke's upgrades were failing during the first Batman fight. Also, I know DS is skilled, but isn't he far stronger, faster, and more agile than a a plain human could ever be? I really don't think he can be almost as skilled as Batman, if when he has a huge strength advantage he gets a close victory.

Master-Borg

Sweet, so what does using 90% of his brain give him?

gives him the ability to tag Flash, as well his other impressive feats.

Batman doesn't have that, so batman's outrageous feats are PIS.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
I could be wrong, but I recall people saying that Deathstroke's upgrades were failing during the first Batman fight. Also, I know DS is skilled, but isn't he far stronger, faster, and more agile than a a plain human could ever be? I really don't think he can be almost as skilled as Batman, if when he has a huge strength advantage he gets a close victory.

Naaaa, he still was physically stronger then Batman and made reference to it during the fight in hand. It was even said by Batman issues later that DS was just as skilled as him.

King_Mungi
gives him the ability to tag Flash, as well his other impressive feats.

Batman doesn't have that, so batman's outrageous feats are PIS.

Errrr...Batman has tagged Flash, Kid Flash, Wonder Woman and even Superman before erm Like I said on-panel evidence shows Batman doing things he shouldn't and he does it multiple times. So I guess we have to ignore the entire character of Batman then eh? thumb up

Battlehammer

The old respect thread doesn't have everything

as am I

yes, DS was trained by the best in the world by the worlds greatest martial artists. Even green Arrow recently tracked down one of his former masters to be trained.

I know, but doubtful it matters I read him time to time to keep up on him.

Really, becauses I have yet to see him prove it. I mean for one batman physically inferior yet still gives him all hell as does other physically inferior individuals.

so was WS yet he still not on capt or batman skill level. BW was also trained similarly as were many others.

Soljer
could have sworn he recieved the serum.

I could have sworn I saw scanns and the issue in which he on the lab table recieving the serum.

I could be wrong, but I thought he did.

I believe you're wrong.

I could be mistaken, but I've read the entire current run, and don't recall ANYTHING about bucky getting the SSS.

In fact, he has lamented several times about NOT having it.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy

King Mungi:

DS is stronger, faster, more agile, more durable, and has faster reflexes than Batman

DS is just as skilled as Batman

Yet, Batman has equal shot of winning in a fight against DS

laughing

Battlehammer
dam then im wrong lol must have miss read it.

King_Mungi
I know, but doubtful it matters I read him time to time to keep up on him.

Really, becauses I have yet to see him prove it. I mean for one batman physically inferior yet still gives him all hell as does other physically inferior individuals.

so was WS yet he still not on capt or batman skill level. BW was also trained similarly as were many others.

Like what issues then?

Ummm..what? It's rountinely stated he is one of the most skilled fighters in the DCU.

annnnnnnd you missed the entire point.

King_Mungi
King Mungi:

DS is stronger, faster, more agile, more durable, and has faster reflexes than Batman

Yet, Batman has equal shot of winning in a fight against DS

laughing

He does as shown with his feats, even recently he made Darkseid bleed. Another physical impossibilities with his powerset, so I like your logic just merely ignore all the things Batman has done

Master-Borg
He does as shown with his feats, even recently he made Darkseid bleed. Another physical impossibilities with his powerset, so I like your logic just merely ignore all the things Batman has done wow just wow

so now one of Batman's powers is 'physical impossibilities'?

in that case, I guess you think Batman could beat the Flash as well, since you know, he's tagged him before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

King_Mungi
wow just wow

so now one of Batman's powers is 'physical impossibilities'?

in that case, I guess you think Batman could beat the Flash as well, since you know, he's tagged him before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dur! If you read Batman you would know he does things frequently that are physical impossible for someone who is peak human.

Pretty much as Batman has twice defeated Grundy, just like Captain America throwing his shield to catch up to missile or his blows hurting even the Hulk.

Sweet, I love your logic again. Can't prove your point so say things the other person never said or implied and then ignore on-panel evidence without providing any for yourself thumb up

Tron
Originally posted by Joe Pap
Hes in his 20s because he had been frozen, didn't spend much time during that time unfrozen but it depends on how long Bats has been fighting because Buck started properly at 16.

He still has numerous missions as the Winter Soldier under his belt.

Battlehammer
Like what issues then?

Ummm..what? It's rountinely stated he is one of the most skilled fighters in the DCU.

annnnnnnd you missed the entire point.
don't have my wolverine comics at school let a lone issues I own of DS.

yea and? You can be one of the most skilled and still not be on the level of top tier.

what was your point? Becuases I still wondering what makes you feel that DS is as skilled as batman? I mean for starters if he was there h2h fight would have ended a lot faster and he would have been a lot less injured.

King_Mungi
don't have my wolverine comics at school let a lone issues I own of DS.

yea and? You can be one of the most skilled and still not be on the level of top tier.

what was your point? Becuases I still wondering what makes you feel that DS is as skilled as batman? I mean for starters if he was there h2h fight would have ended a lot faster and he would have been a lot less injured.

Except as stated he is top tier, and his former martial arts masters make reference to it erm

From what has been stated, shown and commented directly on erm Errr..what fight you talking about? the fight he had with Batman?

Battlehammer
Except as stated he is top tier, and his former martial arts masters make reference to it erm

From what has been stated, shown and commented directly on erm Errr..what fight you talking about? the fight he had with Batman?

Really were did it directly state he was top tier? What does that matter Logan has made refferences to yokie( however it spelled) to being the second best fighter on the planet.........and she clearly not.

yes the batman fight.

King_Mungi
Really were did it directly state he was top tier? What does that matter Logan has made refferences to yokie( however it spelled) to being the second best fighter on the planet.........and she clearly not.

yes the batman fight.

Batman series ie. Decective Comics, Teen Titans/Titans/New Teen Titans, his solo series, Suicide Squad, Showcase '93, Birds of Prey, and I believe in Green Arrow, but don't quote me on the last one though. Errr...at least DS has the feats to back it up erm

They were hand to hand

Battlehammer
Batman series ie. Decective Comics, Teen Titans/Titans/New Teen Titans, his solo series, Suicide Squad, Showcase '93, Birds of Prey, and I believe in Green Arrow, but don't quote me on the last one though. Errr...at least DS has the feats to back it up erm

They were hand to hand

were they state word for word he a top tier fighter? becuases for one that not even a term used in comics lol. it only used here........

DS feats really, don't help him in terms of being top tier MA. I mean the fact that batman who physically inferior gives him so much trouble in h2h pritty clearly proves he not top tier MA.

Master-Borg
again, this is the faulty logic that King Mungi utilizes:

King Mungi:

Yet despite all logic, Batman has equal shot of winning in a fight against DS

Master-Borg
I mean the fact that batman who physically inferior gives him so much trouble in h2h pritty clearly proves he not top tier MA.

I don't understand why Mungi fails to grasp this simple, common sense point. sad

Phantom Ghost
Batman wins 7/10 IMO.

Bucky is more of a match for Nightwing then Batman. He has yet to prove himself to be on Bruce's level much less Deathstroke's who is like the evil Cap America of the DCU.

Regarding Deathstroke, he's not on Batman's level of skill nor has he EVER been said to be. As a matter of fact, after their first battle in Deathstroke #7 he says that he'd hate to fight Batman without his enhancements due to being injuried so badly in hth combat with Bruce even with his healing factor. Slade also has said that Bruce was the best opponent he's fought against which is a form of respect he hasn't given anyone else.

King_Mungi
were they state word for word he a top tier fighter? becuases for one that not even a term used in comics lol. it only used here........

DS feats really, don't help him in terms of being top tier MA. I mean the fact that batman who physically inferior gives him so much trouble in h2h pritty clearly proves he not top tier MA.

****! Do I seriously need to make a DS respect thread now? I'm growing tired of doing this in order to shut people up.

Batman is top tier martial artist so how is that a low showing again?

I don't understand why Mungi fails to grasp this simple, common sense point. sad

So your logic is ignore what Batman has done right? and not provide evidence for yourself right? I make reference of Batman doing things that should be physically impossible for him, but you ignore them right? Then you claim things I never said or implied right? I ask you to tell me what using 90% brain gives DS, but you ignored that as well right? So far the only one not following logic and reason is you erm

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Phantom Ghost
Regarding Deathstroke, he's not on Batman's level of skill nor has he EVER been said to be. As a matter of fact, after their first battle in Deathstroke #7 he says that he'd hate to fight Batman without his enhancements due to being injuried so badly in hth combat with Bruce even with his healing factor. Slade also has said that Bruce was the best opponent he's fought against which is a form of respect he hasn't given anyone else.

Decective Comics Batman refered to DS being just as skilled as him, and yeah he did say that and made mention Batman hits harder then people with super strength

Phantom Ghost
No didn't.

But if I'm wrong could you please tell me the issue # or give me a scan?

Cause the fight in Detective written by Chuck Dixon was when Slade beat Batman the first time around but then lost the second time around when Bruce KOed him with his own rifle.

Battlehammer
****! Do I seriously need to make a DS respect thread now? I'm growing tired of doing this in order to shut people up.

Batman is top tier martial artist so how is that a low showing again?

Go a head if you want. The curent ones pritty big already.

Never said it was a low showing I said it shows DS is not a top tier MA fighter.

If Batman who physically inferior in every way gives DS all hell in h2h combat then DS clearlly not batman equal in h2h.

King_Mungi
No didn't.

But if I'm wrong could you please tell me the issue # or give me a scan?

Cause the fight in Detective written by Chuck Dixon was when Slade beat Batman the first time around but then lost the second time around when Bruce KOed him with his own rifle.

Yeah, I guess I'll be making a DS respect thread and I'll compile everything. I'll be abit to organize everything as I just finished the huge Darkseid respect thread

Go a head if you want. The curent ones pritty big already.

Never said it was a low showing I said it shows DS is not a top tier MA fighter.

If Batman who physically inferior in every way gives DS all hell in h2h combat then DS clearlly not batman equal in h2h.

Not really

He is though, uuuuuuh.

Batman has given people a hard time who were vastly stronger then him. Except that was said

Master-Borg

So your logic is ignore what Batman has done right? and not provide evidence for yourself right? I make reference of Batman doing things that should be physically impossible for him, but you ignore them right? Then you claim things I never said or implied right? I ask you to tell me what using 90% brain gives DS, but you ignored that as well right? So far the only one not following logic and reason is you erm

1. Yes, I ignore PIS events. Apparently you believe Batman can tag Flash, beat a class 100er like Grundy, and injure a herald level being like Darkseid. I think that speaks for itself *snickers*

2. I don't need to show evidence because we both agree that
a) DS is physically superior to Bats in every way
b) DS is just as skilled as Bats
the only difference is the conclusion we draw from those two facts. My conclusion is that DS will own Batman in a fight (as shown in comics, when Batman was basically killed by DS, who had a minor limp). You, on the other hand, discard the common logical conclusion that follows from those two facts as well as onpanel evidence and claim Batman has just a good shot at winning as DS.

3. 90% brain power utilization gives DS even MORE reasons to own Batman.

4. You've proven yourself to be an illogical, batman fanboy.

Battlehammer

Not really

He is though, uuuuuuh.

Batman has given people a hard time who were vastly stronger then him. Except that was said

Hyperbole nothing elses. would like the issue and title of when it was said as well.

Like I said yokie (whatever her name was) was stated by wolverine as the second best fighter in the world, I guess it must be true lol.

true, but batman more skilled then they are. DS is physically superior in ever way, if he was as skilled he would destroy batman, but he not whcih is why he get thrown for the ringer when they battle.

King_Mungi
1. Yes, I ignore PIS events. Apparently you believe Batman can tag Flash, beat a class 100er like Grundy, and injure a herald level being like Darkseid. I think that speaks for itself *snickers*

2. I don't need to show evidence because we both agree that
a) DS is physically superior to Bats in every way
b) DS is just as skilled as Bats
the only difference is the conclusion we draw from those two facts. My conclusion is that DS will own Batman in a fight (as shown in comics, when Batman was basically killed by DS, who had a minor limp). You, on the other hand, discard the common logical conclusion that follows from those two facts as well as onpanel evidence and claim Batman has just a good shot at winning as DS.

3. 90% brain power utilization gives DS even MORE reasons to own Batman.

4. You've proven yourself to be an illogical, batman fanboy.

1. That's what he has DONE, I'm not making it up and as I said he does things that are physically impossible for him to do multiple times yet you can't seem to grasp that concept.

2. Wow, you missed the point once again, and no he did not JUST HAVE A MINOR limp. As mentioned earlier, which i didn't even know about Batman ko'ed DS with his own rifle in Decective Comics.

3. and what does it do? Please endulge me what does using 90% of your brain offer?

4. Why because I provided proof, and referenced events of things he actually did. ZOMG...fanboy indeed

King_Mungi
Hyperbole nothing elses. would like the issue and title of when it was said as well.

Like I said yokie (whatever her name was) was stated by wolverine as the second best fighter in the world, I guess it must be true lol.

true, but batman more skilled then they are. DS is physically superior in ever way, if he was as skilled he would destroy batman, but he not whcih is why he get thrown for the ringer when they battle.

Wasn't hyperbole as they show DS training, even his martial arts mastered referenced his martial arts skill

That's nice, but DS has the feats

People who are stronger, faster, smarter and overall more powerful have failed against Batman as well erm

Master-Borg

People who are stronger, faster, smarter and overall more powerful have failed against Batman as well erm

like who?

King_Mungi
like who?

The entire JLA, as in the Tower of Babel.

Batman has even beat Aquaman in hand to hand combat

Master-Borg
The entire JLA, as in the Tower of Babel.

Batman has even beat Aquaman in hand to hand combat

you said batman has beaten people who were stronger, faster, AND SMARTER

no one on the JLA is smarter than Batman

Master-Borg
the onetime Batman goes up against someone who is faster, stronger, and smarter ---aka Deathstroke--- he ends up almost died

Master-Borg

King_Mungi
you said batman has beaten people who were stronger, faster, AND SMARTER

no one on the JLA is smarter than Batman

I'm talking about overall abilities, and yes Aquaman is faster, stronger, more durable and he is no sloutch in intelligence as he commands the Atlantis army. Like I mentioned earlier he even defeated the entire Teen Titans, when Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Flash and Aquaman were taken out

the onetime Batman goes up against someone who is faster, stronger, and smarter ---aka Deathstroke--- he ends up almost died

And DS had to work for it

Phantom Ghost
I already know all about Slade's feats but I'll be waiting anyway.

No he's not. Take away his enhancements and Slade wouldn't be a match for Bruce really. Even Slade has gone on record as saying that he'd hate to fight Bruce without them.

Are you refering to DS #7?

You do know that Slade was so badly injuried afterwards that he couldn't defend himself properly against a man who was handcuffed and had to be saved right?

To his credit he did win the hth fight but he didn't walk away fine at all instead it was just the opposite.

Bruce actually does have a very good shot and would win just not the majority of the time in hth combat at least.

Deathstroke while he is a better hth fighter then Batman due to his enhancements and brilliant tactical mind still isn't anywhere near as skilled as Bruce. I give Slade 6/10 odds over Bruce in hth combat but no more then that.

Not really since it hasn't stopped Batman from giving him such a hard time in all their fights and this was Batman without his weaponry who disarmed Slade of his pretty quickly.

Matter of fact, if anything these two are often compared to one another in terms of strategy by others. I consider them equals in strategy and tactics.

Master-Borg

hahaha, you couldn't name me ONE person who batman beat who was 'stronger, faster, smarter, AND overall more powerful'.

King_Mungi

You do know that Slade was so badly injuried afterwards that he couldn't defend himself properly against a man who was handcuffed and had to be saved right?

To his credit he did win the hth fight but he didn't walk away fine at all instead it was just the opposite.

Exactally, that's what I have been saying multiple times. He did not walk away with a "minor" limp

Bruce actually does have a very good shot and would win just not the majority of the time in hth combat at least.

Deathstroke while he is a better hth fighter then Batman due to his enhancements and brilliant tactical mind still isn't anywhere near as skilled as Bruce. I give Slade 6/10 odds over Bruce in hth combat but no more then that.

Not really since it hasn't stopped Batman from giving him such a hard time in all their fights and this was Batman without his weaponry who disarmed Slade of his pretty quickly.

Matter of fact, if anything these two are often compared to one another in terms of strategy by others. I consider them equals in strategy and tactics.

Same odds I gave DS, not 9/10

hahaha, you couldn't name me ONE person who batman beat who was 'stronger, faster, smarter, AND overall more powerful'.

What? did you miss the entire point?

Battlehammer
Wasn't hyperbole as they show DS training, even his martial arts mastered referenced his martial arts skill

How does that not mean it hyperbole? When yokie got stated as the second best fighter one the planet she was fighting next to wolverine.....

so don't black widow, ws ect all of which stated as being one of the best fighters on the planet.........

yes, but not more skilled. Which is the point. If some one is physically superior to batman in ever way and just as skilled they should defeat him with out leaving the battle baddly wounded.

DS is not batmans equal in skill he a second tier.

Master-Borg
Aquaman is not smarter than Batman.

You specifically stated that batman beat people who were stronger, faster, and smarter...but haven't given one name yet who fit all those criteria.

King_Mungi
How does that not mean it hyperbole? When yokie got stated as the second best fighter one the planet she was fighting next to wolverine.....

so don't black widow, ws ect all of which stated as being one of the best fighters on the planet.........

yes, but not more skilled. Which is the point. If some one is physically superior to batman in ever way and just as skilled they should defeat him with out leaving the battle baddly wounded.

DS is not batmans equal in skill he a second tier.

That's nice, but DS was referenced not once but multiple times to being one of the best fighters.

I guess you will have to wait and see for the completed respect thread again erm

DS is second tier now? confused

Aquaman is not smarter than Batman.

You specifically stated that batman beat people who were stronger, faster, and smarter...but haven't given one name yet who fit all those criteria.

Yeah I wasn't talking all in one abilities as I mentioned earlier erm Hence why I been saying did you miss the point?

Master-Borg
ok, King Mungi, let me break it down like this:

if we have 2 fighters, call them B and D

D is physically superior in everyway to B

D is just as intelligent if not moreso than B

and D is just as skilled as B

who would you say would win a majority of their fights?

King_Mungi
*sigh* your an idiot, you already been proven wrong on so many occasions, and just now proven wrong above by Phantom Ghost about how DS only walked away with a "minor limp" as you said

Battlehammer
That's nice, but DS was referenced not once but multiple times to being one of the best fighters.

I guess you will have to wait and see for the completed respect thread again erm

DS is second tier now? confused

SO has the majority of the second tier fighters.

I guess I will.

yup. he simply not in pure MA skill equal to top tier MA's.

Master-Borg

Yeah I wasn't talking all in one abilities

well then its pointless to use those examples because DS is ALL in one abilities.

He is stronger

He is faster

He is smarter (90%)

He is overall more powerful.

And He won.

Master-Borg
*sigh* your an idiot

'you're'

King_Mungi
well then its pointless to use those examples because DS is ALL in one abilities.

He is stronger

He is faster

He is smarter (90%)

He is overall more powerful.

And He won.

and you missed the point once again erm

FYI, Phantom Ghost's post was directed at you

Master-Borg

who would you say would win a majority of their fights? mungi, please answer this post

King_Mungi
......lulz, please answer all my other points and comments first.

You have been proven several times wrong in this thread already erm

Master-Borg
......lulz, please answer all my other points and comments first.

You have been proven several times wrong in this thread already erm great, I knew you would avoid a direct answer lol

sad.

I answered all your comments and points, you can dismiss them, but I responded.

You have failed to answer my hypothetical.

King_Mungi

This was directed at you, oh and Batman apparently beat DS in Decetive Comics using his own rifle

Master-Borg

who would you say would win a majority of their fights? and this was directed towards you, its a simple question. Your refusal to answer it says quite a bit. wink

Master-Borg
This was directed at you, oh and Batman apparently beat DS in Decetive Comics using his own rifle as I said, I responded to all of 'your' points. I dont want to reply to phantom yet because it takes me down a different tangent.

King_Mungi
and this was directed towards you, its a simple question. Your refusal to answer it says quite a bit. wink

Considering how I already explained all this multiple times, and referenced Batman beating imporable odds and doing things beyonf he physically should what's the point? You will ignore them all over again erm

But nice how Ghost backed up with what I was saying with the odds 6/10 and DS walked away with more then a mere limp and referenced a time which I didn't know about how Batman knocked DS out.

King_Mungi
as I said, I responded to all of 'your' points. I dont want to reply to phantom yet because it takes me down a different tangent.

he confirmed with what I have been saying, and what you were ignoring and lying about,,,"minor limp"

Master-Borg

who would you say would win a majority of their fights?

King Mungi, please answer this simple question.

Soljer
Big LULZ at Masterbruce calling Mungi a fanboy.

In a thread that doesn't even involve Alpha Flight, for christ's sake!

Master-Borg
Big LULZ at Masterbruce calling Mungi a fanboy.

Mungi is refusing to answer my simple hypo because he knows logic is not on his side.

King_Mungi
King Mungi, please answer this simple question.

Nice dodge, I can play your game too

King_Mungi
Mungi is refusing to answer my simple hypo because he knows logic is not on his side.

On-panel evidence is, as Batman did beat DS in Decective Comics and DS walked away with more then a "mere limp" as you said. Care to ignore more stuff?

Master-Borg
Nice dodge, I can play your game too ok, I admit I was wrong about DS having a minor limp, happy?

now answer my simple question.

Master-Borg
Batman did beat DS in Decective Comics
I havent read it. Did you? apparently not. So to speculate based on what one poster said is a bit ludicrous. We don't know the circumstances of that battle.

King_Mungi
ok, I admit I was wrong about DS having a minor limp, happy?

now answer my simple question.

I did...pages back, and explained the context with the answer with on-panel references.

But if Batman did indeed beat DS in Decective Comics, then I'll definetly concede

King_Mungi
I havent read it. Did you? apparently not. So to speculate based on what one poster said is a bit ludicrous. We don't know the circumstances of that battle.

Do you? Considering you already lied earlier about how one of their fights went I don't think your credibility is to high at this moment

Master-Borg
Do you? Considering you already lied earlier about how one of their fights went I don't think your credibility is to high at this moment

no I havent read it, which is why Im not using this 'detective comic' event as evidence of support for my argument...but you are using it, even though you havent read it and wasnt even aware of it before someone else mentioned it

I didn't lie about anything. I was describing from recollection, and I didn't remember DS being severely injured. But I'll admit Im wrong since you and others have corrected me.

King_Mungi
no I havent read it, which is why Im not using this 'detective comic' event as evidence of support for my argument...but you are using it, even though you havent read it and wasnt even aware of it before someone else mentioned it

I didn't lie about anything. I was describing from recollection, and I didn't remember DS being severely injured. But I'll admit Im wrong since you and others have corrected me.

If it's Decective Comics #708-710 I'm downloading it now. Yes, but I'm also referencing a member who does KNOW what he is talking about. I trust him as he does seem very knowledgeable

How many times did I correct you? How many times did I say it was a more then a mere limp? Uuuuuhh

Master-Borg
If it's Decective Comics #708-710 I'm downloading it now. Yes, but I'm also referencing a member who does KNOW what he is talking about. I trust him as he does seem very knowledgeable

How many times did I correct you? How many times did I say it was a more then a mere limp? Uuuuuhh oh nooeeez, I was mistaken about the severity of a limp....my entire argument must failz!!!

yet you STILL haven't answered my hypothetical...wonder why confused

King_Mungi
oh nooeeez, I was mistaken about the severity of a limp....my entire argument must failz!!!

yet you STILL haven't answered my hypothetical...wonder why confused

Considering how you said DS owned him, and would win 9/10...yeah

i did as I said earlier, but if Batman did beat DS in D.Comics then I will definetly concede

Master-Borg

i did as I said earlier, but if Batman did beat DS in D.Comics then I will definetly concede

wait, Im confused...if batman beat DS, doesnt that support your argument that they'll be evenly matched in a fight?

Master-Borg
Considering how you said DS owned him, and would win 9/10...yeah

do you have the scan...cuz it sure looked like ownage, from what I remember.

It may even have been posted in the character ownage thread.

King_Mungi
do you have the scan...cuz it sure looked like ownage, from what I remember.

It may even have been posted in the character ownage thread.

Not at the moment, but maybe after I download D.Comics. Only part of the fight was posted in the DS respect thread

Master-Borg
this was ownage imo

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/4384/batmanvsdeathstroke44hz.gif

King_Mungi
That's one page of the entire fight erm

Master-Borg
That's one page of the entire fight erm

admittedly that was the only page I read, since I dont have the comic. But that's why I never noticed a limp, so I wasnt lying, I was simply unaware.

King_Mungi
Deathstroke #7
1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page020.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page021.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page022.jpg
4. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page023.jpg
5. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page024.jpg

That's the fight, I'll see if I can post the aftermath in abit.

Master-Borg
Is this the entire fight? cuz batman only lands 2 hits...seems if DS got a limp, that was result of falling off the ledge.

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5300/batmanvsdeathstroke37gx.gif
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/4384/batmanvsdeathstroke44hz.gif

King_Mungi
No it wasn't, read above I just posted the scans.

Master-Borg
Deathstroke #7
1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page020.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page021.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page022.jpg
4. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page023.jpg
5. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page024.jpg

That's the fight, I'll see if I can post the aftermath in abit.

Batman lands about 4 hits total...non of which caused the limp (which happened prob from the fall)

King_Mungi
Batman lands about 4 hits total...non of which caused the limp (which happened prob from the fall)

I suggest you wait till I post the aftermath before you making anymore assumptions

Battlehammer
batman landed a lot more then two hits

King_Mungi
Whoops forgot one scan

Deathstroke #7
1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page019.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page020.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page021.jpg
4. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page022.jpg
5. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page023.jpg
6. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Deathstroke07page024.jpg

Master-Borg
I suggest you wait till I post the aftermath before you making anymore assumptions how will the aftermath nullify the fact that Batman landed only about 4 hits on Deathstroke?

I don't deny that DS may have been injured, and Im saying he got injured from the fall off the ledge.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>