Young Boba stalemated Mace Windu? WTF?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blax_Hydralisk
I Was reading Boba Fett's article on Wookiepedia and read this:

What the hell? Boba wasn't even an adult at this point, he was only 12.

Is this canon, as far as EU is concerned? Did a twelve year old Boba Fett really fight Mace Windu to a near stand still, to the point where they were both "battered and wounded" and on their last legs??

Darth Exodus
That does NOT sound right.

sweersa
I remember reading that years ago in one of the Boba Fett books. For whatever reason Windu kept giving Boba warnings after it was clear Boba wanted him dead and kept trying to kill Windu (who was defending himself with somewhat ease). I think Windu was about to pwn Boba when Palpatine stopped the fight. Neither of the fighers were really hurt in anyway if I remember correctly. It was weird, doesn't give EU a better name thats for sure.

It isn't exactly the best EU, and I highly doubt its canon.

Lord Knightfa11
boba fett is an incredibly inconscistent character. in both rotj and dark empire, he is a klutz. in twin engines of destruction, the fat lady sings, and most of the other boba fett comics and the afore mentioned, he is an ungodly person who is the best bounty hunter.

rotj - flies into something and falls into a sarlaac pit (stupidhead)
dark empire - misses han and hits a fett, knocking him off a giant cliff in nal hutta then procedes to chase han and run into a force field effectively destroying the slave II
twin engines of destruction - awesome guy who beats an entire monarchy into submission for the empire
death, lies, and treachury-other random awesome stuff.
and somewhere else- he has vader distracted easily and decides to instead of killing him, run away
somewhre else- he fights vader with a lightsaber

so what the hell is up with boba? he can successfully fight both windu and vader, and then he can run into something and fall into a sarlaac pit? and crash his ship? and accidentally knock a hutt into an abyss?

sweersa
Don't forget how good he was in Empire, also, I don't think his little conflict with Windu is anything close to canon.

Mr. Slippyfist
I read that about a week ago... I thought it came in comic form... sad

Also, in the movie, I believe Lucas said that if he believed Boba would get this popular, he would have given him a better 'death'. So I don't really think that it's a great example of Boba that can be used if even Lucas is questioning it...

Gideon
Boba Fett? Stalemating Mace Windu? LOL!

Sounds like Karen Traviss's third favorite fantasy.

MadMel
do i even want to know what the first two fantasies are then?

Gideon
Originally posted by MadMel
do i even want to know what the first two fantasies are then?

1. Young Boba constructing new body armor from Windu's bones.
2. Young Boba Fett beating Mace Windu.

Light_Sith
In the EU some half-wit found Vader's glove and thought this was the secret to force-choking.

Also, some guy got his head cut off and his Sith friends just put his head in a jar where he sat on some type of Sith council with no body.

True story.

Blax_Hydralisk
For the second story,, you're thinking of Simus?

Light_Sith
I don't know his name.

It took a while before somebody tried to kill him though.

Lord Knightfa11
that was from golden age of the sith. the guy was so strong that instead of giving up and dying, he had his head preserved in a jar and carried around. and he called himself a sith lord. i would love to see him in lightsaber combat

the first one is true. the glove really is the secret to force choking... ever see anyone else force choke in the movie?

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
that was from golden age of the sith. the guy was so strong that instead of giving up and dying, he had his head preserved in a jar and carried around. and he called himself a sith lord. i would love to see him in lightsaber combat

the first one is true. the glove really is the secret to force choking... ever see anyone else force choke in the movie?

Nah - the dolt eventually figured out that it was Vader's affinity to the Force that allowed him to choke people (or so says Wookie)

The head in a Jar thing - I wonder if Dooku considered it?

sweersa
Hahaha. The EU is truly amusing at times. I think I remember reading the "Glove of Darth Vader" or something like that. I think that same glove was somehow indestructible also, remember when it blocked Han's blaster fire? LOL (It was the force obviously.)

Sesse
What next?

Yodas master was Jedi Master Tentacules?

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20021218/image_02.gif

The big EH
Originally posted by sweersa
Hahaha. The EU is truly amusing at times. I think I remember reading the "Glove of Darth Vader" or something like that. I think that same glove was somehow indestructible also, remember when it blocked Han's blaster fire? LOL (It was the force obviously.) the gloves was almost indestructable it was a mandalorian crushnaught, han gets a pair from boba fett to "throttle the life out of his vermin spawn."

sweersa
Originally posted by The big EH
the gloves was almost indestructable it was a mandalorian crushnaught, han gets a pair from boba fett to "throttle the life out of his vermin spawn."

Hahaha. Thats hilarious. Expanded Universe...

0°Mandalore°0
Young Boba Fett stalemating Master Windu? That just CANNOT be right. It HAS to be non-canon.

Pyron_is_God
Wasn't Boba supposed to kill Mace before His Majesty Sam Jackson demanded he die in a better way?

0°Mandalore°0
He really did that?

Pyron_is_God
No idea. It's just what I've heard a few places.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Pyron_is_God
Wasn't Boba supposed to kill Mace before His Majesty Sam Jackson demanded he die in a better way?

I heard that Gl was thinking about including Boba but that he was cut due to time constraints. If I remember correctly what Jackson said was that he didn't want to go out "like some punk" though I'm not sure if he ment dieing to Fett or just dying in general in order 66 by clone troopers or just a stab wound.

Pyron_is_God
So he has to scream for 10 minutes after one hand is cut off when Mr. Lee didn't make a peep when BOTH his ARMS were cut off....

Elite Hunter
Yup yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.