Ghostbusters 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MarvelPartyMan
Just throwing this out here but if there was going to be a Ghostbusters 3 movie what would you like to see in it.

I personally would like to see Egon and Ray start up a new team and they teach them the ropes of ghostbusting. And the ghostbusters fight someone who fights back for real this time.

Toku King
It's being made, actually. Sadly, it's going to feature a new cast, with Ben Stiller leading the pack.

MarvelPartyMan
they ended up canceling the whole thing because they didnt think it was going to work and just made the videogame the 3rd movie. check the gameinformer website it talks about how the game is going to be a few years after the 2nd Ghostbusters.

BruceSkywalker
WFT?? Why would they made another one?

crystallake
Originally posted by Toku King
It's being made, actually. Sadly, it's going to feature a new cast, with Ben Stiller leading the pack.

??? Where did you hear this?

ThePorch
I have heard that Akroyd has been working on it for years and keeps hitting brick walls

Röland
Link please.

The only form of GB III I was aware of is the Next Gen Console game coming out next year.

ragesRemorse

you sure thats official? I've heard that rumor for four years now. I heard that the video game is supposed to be what the third movie was going to be. I remember that everyone was on board for a ghostbusters 3, some years ago, but Murray wanted nothing to do with it, which is why it never came to be.

I really do not want to see ben stiller as a ghostbuster...,trying to replicate bill murray's character

MarvelPartyMan
Originally posted by ThePorch
I have heard that Akroyd has been working on it for years and keeps hitting brick walls

yeah i heard that too. thats why they ended up makin the game.

Grand_Marquis
Originally posted by MarvelPartyMan
yeah i heard that too. thats why they ended up makin the game.

Exactly. And the truth is, so much has happened between number 2 and today regarding trying to get a third one into production, that you'd need fifteen "E True Hollywood Stories"-worth of info to begin to make sense of it all (and chances would be good that most of what you find will be totally inaccurate).

That Akroyd et al figured out how to cut the fat/red tape/idiotic complexities by making the third film a video game is probably the best thing to have happened to the series.

ragesRemorse
i would have liked to see a cgi movie rather than having the goals of a third movie being translated into a game.

Grand_Marquis
Well the way I see it, Ghostbusters 2 was pretty much just Ghostbusters 1 with script and effects variations anyway. Entertaining (because 1 had such an incredibly strong story to begin with), but overall somewhat disappointing for its lack of innovation. If number Three turns out to have the same issue, but it's a game, then so what? It'll still be fun as hell to play! If number three turns out to have the same issue and it's a movie...well, then it would be disappointing, too. Hence why I'd rather see it as a game.

Anyway, "Army of Two" and "Halflife 2" have both proven to me that you can have a solid, hollywood-style storyline with great writing/acting, and not have it take away from the gameplay experience.

kodak
Ben Stiller. sick

Grand_Marquis
Heheh...you know, vomit-inducing or not, I'm pretty sure Toku's post was a joke.

MarvelPartyMan
would u guys care if Dan didnt write ghostbusters three script and let someone else write it but Dan still produced it or somethin similar to it?

I know i wouldnt care. it could bring a fresh taste to the ghostbusters.

Schecter
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f88/t404405.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.