Iron Maiden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A.D. Skinner
So I searched, and surprised that I couldn't find a 'Maiden' thread. I mean, for one of the most influential heavy metal bands out there, do they not deserve their own thread?

So, is anyone going to see the new tour 'Somewhere back in time'?

MildPossession
I had the chance to go to it, a friend bought two tickets by accident and invited me along to some Iron Maiden tour, I assume it's that one that you mention?

I use to be obsessed with their music through my brother, he still loves their earlier albums, not later ones though.

Still like some songs(first two albums are my favourites), but hardly listen to them now.

anaconda
I agree with your brother

A.D. Skinner
Their earlier stuff was much more heavy than what they are releasing now, but I just think that they have changed with the times is all. I like their newer stuff just as much as their older stuff...

Although nothing can beat the 'Powerslave' album

Kumori Okami
Number of the Beast pwns.

Impediment
The very first Iron Maiden video I remember watching was "Can I play with Madness?" when I was around 7 or 8 years old. I remember asking my older cousins about the band and they let me borrow some of their albums to listen to. I was instantly hooked after listening to "Piece of Mind", "Number of the Beast", "Somewhere in Time", and Powerslave".

I remember when I bought my own copy of "Number of the Beast" on tape, and my mom disovered it in my room. She literally burned the tape in the fireplace and called her pastor for advice because she was "worried for my soul". I just had my cousin copy me another one and I cleverly hid it.

Alpha Centauri
I think they're more of a Best Of band.

You could compile a better Best Of album out of all their best songs, rather than the amount of albums they have had.

Too patchy.

-AC

A.D. Skinner
Originally posted by Impediment
The very first Iron Maiden video I remember watching was "Can I play with Madness?" when I was around 7 or 8 years old. I remember asking my older cousins about the band and they let me borrow some of their albums to listen to. I was instantly hooked after listening to "Piece of Mind", "Number of the Beast", "Somewhere in Time", and Powerslave".

I remember when I bought my own copy of "Number of the Beast" on tape, and my mom disovered it in my room. She literally burned the tape in the fireplace and called her pastor for advice because she was "worried for my soul". I just had my cousin copy me another one and I cleverly hid it.

I got turned onto them by listening to the 'Live after Death' album. After that, I went out and bought 'Iron Maiden', 'Killers', 'Number of the Beast', 'Piece of Mind' & 'Powerslave'. Just as your situation, my tapes were found and they were destroyed.

I bought them again and yet again they were destroyed. I finally managed to keep them hidden and now I have my full collection ( on CD of course ) without worry of them ever coming into harm.

Sure, they have their good songs along with their trendy or not so good, but it is those amazing guitar riffs or Nickos amazing power on the drums that it just so addicting!

A.D. Skinner
June 11th at the All State Arena totally rocked! First time I have seen Maiden even though I have been a fan for over 2 decades!!!!

Eon Blue
They're all right as far as the certain genre they are associated with goes.

Never been a fan of their style of music, though.

Kelly_Bean
Not really much on Maiden. The lead singers voice isn't appealing to me, I think it sounds quite odd.

Selphie
I haven't heard a lot of Iron Maiden, but the songs I have heard, I've truly enjoyed.

What albums would you guys recommend for a person first getting into them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.