the last house on the left 2008/9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844708/

seriously...will the raping of the old classics ever end...why do people think this is a good idea?...

surely someone, somewhere along the line should be saying "hey wait a minute...every other remake we've ever done has been utter shite...maybe we shouldn't bother"

it actually makes me think that the writers strike was totally pointless because what the **** do they even do anymore given that most of the films are stories written back in 19 oatcake

ragesRemorse
This is one of the few older staples which i believe would benefit from a remake. Although the content is still shocking, the quality of the overall film has aged severely. I think to do this remake justice, the production team needs to, not try and trump the shock value of the original, but explore the raw emotion of the victims more. I also think to much of a budget would ruin any chances of a good movie.

BackFire
Could be interesting, but ultimately this simply won't work.

The original was a huge product of its time, commenting on Vietnam and society of the late 60's early 70's and the way which violence was perceived. I just don't think the angry, vicious nature of the original will translate very well to modern film. Especially since this is a big release. The content of the original is still shocking, and they won't be able to show much of the content that was in the original while having an R rating. They will soften the violence and degredation, and those two aspects were central to the power of the original.

Wolfie
A remake of this will probably be just the same generic trash remakes as we've been getting.

MildPossession
Don't forget the Craven one wasn't original, it was also a remake, loosely though.

BackFire
VERY loosely.

It just took the premise from Virgin Springs. It changed the tone, setting, time period and even genre and really made it its own.

MildPossession
The Virgin Spring by Bergman, yep very loose. Just don't like it made out that it's this amazing original and shouldn't be remade bla bla bla bla when it's not and for the most part the original film goes unnoticed when it brought the idea up in the first place. That's just me.

Note = Not saying Last House was crap.

Monica Potter is in this new remake...

BackFire
It is very original in essence, aside from the basic premise. Mostly in tone and in the way it presented its subject matter, and even the subject matter itself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.