How would you do things ? ,thread (D.C. / Marvel and Wildstorm)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cartesian Doubt
I've seen this thread on other websites, and it is usually regarded as a popular idea. Mind you i have noticed that newbies tend to get shot down in this forum, so I won't be surprised if this thread lasts a couple of hours.

Any way this thread is dedicated especially to those loyal fans out there, who sometimes seem to have better ideas than those whom get paid to write comics !

How would you go about preventing tripe such as the recent OMD spiderman debacle, and how would you have avoided 'atrocities' such as countdown. How would you have done Civil War, and who would you have killed at the end of the Infinite Crisis? This is the place where you get to make your opinion heard !

Maybe you think you have what it takes of being the next Alan Moore, but you want an unofficial place where you can anomalously try out you're ideas, or maybe some recent W.T.F. ? moment has got you needing some 'group therapy'.

To make this work I suggest you clarify whom you're talking about and which story you're referring to, whether it be past present or something you would like to happen in the future.

To get the ball rolling what do you think of the following ideas:

I would like some justifiable reason for why the D.C. Martians are so powerful. I have come up with the idea is that they are a genetic hybrid between the original martian race, and the Hyper Dimensional imps of the the 5th D. Obviously their powers are limited to their own bodies, but it would explain why they can do almost anything with their physiology. Note that the origin of the fire weakness has been explained in the J.L.A story; 'Trial by Fire' and i think this should stay.

I would also use this premise to explain some of the more shape shifting power types, of the D.C. earth. Like in the sci fi Book; Wild Cards, D.C. earth was infected by a Martian Parasite that was able to change various humans into metas. The Hyper Dimensional parasite, is symbiotic, meaning that it is relaint on the human body to live. It is also Dormant, unless faced with a situation in which it has to provide the Human host with a super power to allow them both to survive. This would explain the more exotic powers of the likes of plasticman, metamorpho, fire, ice, clay face and parasite. It also provides an alternative power origin, to the traditional meta gene.

I've got plenty more, but i thought id just try and get the ball moving ?

starlock
Well i will take quasar/wendall as a character that should not have died at the hands on Annilhilus...but given the fact that he saved nova we can see the sacrifice card played(we do know quasar has taken on silver surfer and withstood galactus's energy blast ..etc)

There are three ways to bring back Quasar....one would be the starbrand....he will always retain a portion of it....and it can bring him back...and as we have seen....he woudnt need the bands at all if he were to utilize the starbrand to its full potential

The second way would be as an avatar of infinity...we have seen this allready* and infinity said she gets to keep quasar and makari(*cosmos in collision arch)

The third... is a way out there scenario, but is still a viable tactic.....Back in quasar #37(i think),Quasar visits the dimension of manifistations and was asked by the dimensions caretaker if he wanted a M-body...now if you ask me(a fan of quasar from the begining) when quasar shows up in Annilhilation Conquest his costume is different and he was reduced to a energy blaster.....It could have been an M-body....he might have more than one...the universe is big and unlike the Green Lanters...he is only one person...i can see this as a way to bring him back also

One thing though...in the new quasar series(phyla) quasar/wendall talks to phyla thru the bands and he gets rid of Annilhilus's dark taint on the bands...he said it took him awhile to gather himself and that he might see her someday(somthing to this effect)...this would lend to the starbrand theory of his coming back

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by starlock
Well i will take quasar/wendall as a character that should not have died at the hands on Annilhilus...but given the fact that he saved nova we can see the sacrifice card played(we do know quasar has taken on silver surfer and withstood galactus's energy blast ..etc)

There are three ways to bring back Quasar....one would be the starbrand....he will always retain a portion of it....and it can bring him back...and as we have seen....he woudnt need the bands at all if he were to utilize the starbrand to its full potential

The second way would be as an avatar of infinity...we have seen this allready* and infinity said she gets to keep quasar and makari(*cosmos in collision arch)

The third... is a way out there scenario, but is still a viable tactic.....Back in quasar #37(i think),Quasar visits the dimension of manifistations and was asked by the dimensions caretaker if he wanted a M-body...now if you ask me(a fan of quasar from the begining) when quasar shows up in Annilhilation Conquest his costume is different and he was reduced to a energy blaster.....It could have been an M-body....he might have more than one...the universe is big and unlike the Green Lanters...he is only one person...i can see this as a way to bring him back also

One thing though...in the new quasar series(phyla) quasar/wendall talks to phyla thru the bands and he gets rid of Annilhilus's dark taint on the bands...he said it took him awhile to gather himself and that he might see her someday(somthing to this effect)...this would lend to the starbrand theory of his coming back

Sounds cool, but was Quasar ever a very popular character ? Is he really necessary when you have the likes of Nova, and Captain Marvel ?

What do you think of my idea ?

starlock
The thought of the martians being part imp...seems like a good one, and could bring allot of interesting things to the table....but....when you start to try and bring a virus into effect and retcon some of the origins of said characters...thats were i believe it can go wrong....it might explain certain charcaters powers and origins... ie...its because of the virus that the chemicals effected clayface the way they did.... etc....but to try and label the vrius accross the board with all shapeshifters and the like..... its a hard sell

Now if it were to pertain to a certain character i could see a very cool premise to which your ideas would be totally believeable and very interestingbig grin ...which could lead to the very thing you mentionedcool
But given the godwave and metagene i dont see it working

Btw..i dont believe popularity will be needed in this thread...the same can be said for your ideas...i mean how popular are martians and imps stick out tongue ...but its your thread so. big grin

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by starlock
The thought of the martians being part imp...seems like a good one, and could bring allot of interesting things to the table....but....when you start to try and bring a virus into effect and retcon some of the origins of said characters...thats were i believe it can go wrong....it might explain certain charcaters powers and origins... ie...its because of the virus that the chemicals effected clayface the way they did.... etc....but to try and label the vrius accross the board with all shapeshifters and the like..... its a hard sell

Now if it were to pertain to a certain character i could see a very cool premise to which your ideas would be totally believeable and very interestingbig grin ...which could lead to the very thing you mentionedcool
But given the godwave and metagene i dont see it working

Btw..i dont believe popularity will be needed in this thread...the same can be said for your ideas...i mean how popular are martians and imps stick out tongue ...but its your thread so. big grin

No i agree, this thread should have nothing to do with popularity, i just thought maybe whatever ideas you have for a resurrected Quasar, could be done with Nova. To be hon nest I've never read a book with Quasar in it before, but his exploration of the Meta Physics behind the marvel universe, has always been quite interesting.

What would you do with Quasar if you brought him back ? smile

starlock
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
No i agree, this thread should have nothing to do with popularity, i just thought maybe whatever ideas you have for a resurrected Quasar, could be done with Nova. To be hon nest I've never read a book with Quasar in it before, but his exploration of the Meta Physics behind the marvel universe, has always been quite interesting.

What would you do with Quasar if you brought him back ? smile

Ah but if quasar were to have M-bodies...we could see a corps of protectors of the universe, or he could be an avatar for infinity and can make quantum bands for others......the quantum bands are not being fully used by phyla...if they go according to history....she will have to go thru a right of metamorphic passage...which will enable phyla to quantum jump and utilize the bands to thier fullest.

We can also go with the ideas that the comics have hinted upon...the one where humans and such will replace the abstracts...it could start with quasar...

Now we can start a corps of protectors in name ....but nova amongst others can not roam the spaceways and do the things the bands could do, i do have a feeling when they bring him back...he will be a character that trains phyla and/or is an essence in the bands

Now it might be a rip-off of the green lanterns...but at this point what is not

Btw-not knowing quasar might be putting you in a hard position to see where i am going,.....but i like the idea of this thread allot big grin

grey fox
How would I do things ?

1st - Bring Godzilla back into the MU, while that may sound expensive and difficult it's rather easy. Just re-name him Go'zilla (Gaw-zill-ah) and utilise the previous art style instead of using his current 2K appearance.

2nd- Bring back Doctor who, this one is even more difficult. But quite possible. We just pull a Spawn and keep the characters appearance but change his name and function completely. while making occasional subtle hints towards his technical 'origins'.

3rd- Make a one-shot team up between Molly Hayes, Katie Power, Arana and Rikki Barnes.

4th - Introduce Rikki Barnes into Captain America as Buckys 'Bucky', if not then she can be Nomad, just USE her for gods-sake.

5th - Lay some minor plot threads throughout Iron-man, Fantastic Four , Hulk and The Initiative.

IM - Stark and the Initiative are having problems with unusually rowdy Superhuman prisoners and some minor glitches in their technology,

I - All MVP clones created within the last month are catatonic upon 'birth'. Several eventually disappear altogether.

F4 - Reeds tech picks up wildly fluctuating energy signals all across the universe , but especially heavy within the Negative zone.

IH - Hulk begins feeling a premonition of upcoming 'evil' while darkly garbed cultists chase after him, all armed with unusual Hulk-wounding weaponry. We see a glimpse of a shield logo and a metallic Red/Purple shard.

Storyline time !

Onslaught Lives !

All of the above lead up to this thrilling tale. It beings with the X-mansion being raided and ransacked. Xavier is in a coma and Shield is puzzled, we move to the Negative zone, wherein it is revealed that (after the conclusion to Onslaught re-born) the Negative energies of the NZ reversed Wandas 'reality warp' upon Onslaughts body, leaving him a Disembodies 'spirirt'. The energy fluctuations have been his attempts at escaping the negative zone, all has failed however and he has exhausted most of his abilities...that is until he finally re-discovers his (now weakened) mental abilities can stretch back to Marvel Earth.

He mentally controls a small group of MVP clones to gather the remnants of his armour (stored within Shield for study) as well as Anti-Gamma weapons to coral 'He who once destroyed me' into a weak point of reality. After stunning Hulk they jam the shard into his body (HF now reduced thanks to Anti-gamma weaponry) and throw him into the portal as well as the Mind Gem (which they stole from the X-mansion).

All the other heroes have been busy however, Onslaught having Psionically increased the aggression of every Super-human inmate and eventually causing a mass-break-out onto Earth.

The Gem is used to amplify Onslaughts weakened Mental abilities to such an extent that any and all of Hulks personalities are suppressed, Onslaught is reborn, a composition of his mind and abilities while using Hulk as the base, the Mind Gem tethering it all together.

The issue would end with the rebirthed monstrosity in Space, staring down at Earth with a Caption simply stating ...

"Human...mutant...hero....prepare, prepare for Onslaught! "

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by grey fox
How would I do things ?

1st - Bring Godzilla back into the MU, while that may sound expensive and difficult it's rather easy. Just re-name him Go'zilla (Gaw-zill-ah) and utilise the previous art style instead of using his current 2K appearance.

2nd- Bring back Doctor who, this one is even more difficult. But quite possible. We just pull a Spawn and keep the characters appearance but change his name and function completely. while making occasional subtle hints towards his technical 'origins'.

3rd- Make a one-shot team up between Molly Hayes, Katie Power, Arana and Rikki Barnes.

4th - Introduce Rikki Barnes into Captain America as Buckys 'Bucky', if not then she can be Nomad, just USE her for gods-sake.

5th - Lay some minor plot threads throughout Iron-man, Fantastic Four , Hulk and The Initiative.

IM - Stark and the Initiative are having problems with unusually rowdy Superhuman prisoners and some minor glitches in their technology,

I - All MVP clones created within the last month are catatonic upon 'birth'. Several eventually disappear altogether.

F4 - Reeds tech picks up wildly fluctuating energy signals all across the universe , but especially heavy within the Negative zone.

IH - Hulk begins feeling a premonition of upcoming 'evil' while darkly garbed cultists chase after him, all armed with unusual Hulk-wounding weaponry. We see a glimpse of a shield logo and a metallic Red/Purple shard.

Storyline time !

Onslaught Lives !

All of the above lead up to this thrilling tale. It beings with the X-mansion being raided and ransacked. Xavier is in a coma and Shield is puzzled, we move to the Negative zone, wherein it is revealed that (after the conclusion to Onslaught re-born) the Negative energies of the NZ reversed Wandas 'reality warp' upon Onslaughts body, leaving him a Disembodies 'spirirt'. The energy fluctuations have been his attempts at escaping the negative zone, all has failed however and he has exhausted most of his abilities...that is until he finally re-discovers his (now weakened) mental abilities can stretch back to Marvel Earth.

He mentally controls a small group of MVP clones to gather the remnants of his armour (stored within Shield for study) as well as Anti-Gamma weapons to coral 'He who once destroyed me' into a weak point of reality. After stunning Hulk they jam the shard into his body (HF now reduced thanks to Anti-gamma weaponry) and throw him into the portal as well as the Mind Gem (which they stole from the X-mansion).

All the other heroes have been busy however, Onslaught having Psionically increased the aggression of every Super-human inmate and eventually causing a mass-break-out onto Earth.

The Gem is used to amplify Onslaughts weakened Mental abilities to such an extent that any and all of Hulks personalities are suppressed, Onslaught is reborn, a composition of his mind and abilities while using Hulk as the base, the Mind Gem tethering it all together.

The issue would end with the rebirthed monstrosity in Space, staring down at Earth with a Caption simply stating ...

"Human...mutant...hero....prepare, prepare for Onslaught! "

Some wicked Ideas there Grey Fox, I used to really like Onslaught as a character, but I think Grant Morison's Cassandra Nova really blew him right into the astral plane. A revamping would be cool, especially seeing the commotion he caused in the 90's. Any ideas how you would make him diferent this time round ?

grey fox
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Some wicked Ideas there Grey Fox, I used to really like Onslaught as a character, but I think Grant Morison's Cassandra Nova really blew him right into the astral plane. A revamping would be cool, especially seeing the commotion he caused in the 90's. Any ideas how you would make him diferent this time round ?

Focus less on the reality warping and 'I'm a bad guy, so i'm gonna **** the universe up !' and more on the sinister , Machiavellian feel that he should inherit from Mags and Charles as well as his mental abilities.

His uniform would be less 90's and more streamlined, but with a regal feel gained from Leshners pride. He'd also beat-down Apocalypse on their first meeting. He'd bring a new card to the table. Charles, Magneto...or Onslaught ?

Mutant kind needs a Messiah, he doesn't NEED to be a good guy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.