batman No man's land- comics versus Trade paperback

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I have a bunch of batman No man's land comics, but the story is not complete ( i don't have everything)

I'm trying to decide

1. buy the rest of comics

or

2. buy the tPB vol. 1-5

the TPB differs because it is dumbed down version (its not what the comics were)

which is better

1. the comic (is it a better telling of the story, or is it dragged on and boring?)

2. the TPB ( is it better condensed, or is it crap?)

jgiant
The tpb is not condensed, its the same story but all in one place without advertisements...looking to buy all the individual comics will run u a good amount of money and it may be tough to find some, so if i were you i'd just get the tpb...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I have a bunch of batman No man's land comics, but the story is not complete ( i don't have everything)

I'm trying to decide

1. buy the rest of comics

or

2. buy the tPB vol. 1-5

the TPB differs because it is dumbed down version (its not what the comics were)

which is better

1. the comic (is it a better telling of the story, or is it dragged on and boring?)

2. the TPB ( is it better condensed, or is it crap?)

I have both, the trade paperback and every issue of No Man's Land. For me at least, I'll look for the tpb when I want to re=read a certain part of the story.

Gregory
The comics that didn't make it into the TPB are generally the ones that aren't essential to the story (i.e. none of the Robin, Nightwing, or Azrael comics are included). The TPB doesn't "dumb things down," it just doesn't include some stuff that's tangential to the story.

It seems like it would make more sense to buy the TPBs, then pick up individually comics that aren't collected in them, if you're interested in them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.