Gray Fox vs. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_is_God
No timepowers or any of that wanky stuff. Just Dante with a sword and his own natural abilities against Cyborg Ninja Gray Fox.

z9AbIc_HE6s

First_Tsurugi06
Gray Fox could actually put up a pretty good fight in just a sword fight. He's at least almost as fast, and also possesses formiddable strength and endurance. I'm not saying he'd win, but Dante sure as hell wouldn't be able speedblitz him.

ThoraxeRMG
Gray Fox

Rascaduanok

ThoraxeRMG
That's almost about the same speed Gray Fox can swing his sword at max. Look at the way he deflects those bullets.

Pyron_Knight
Fox may have trouble with Dante's regen. But on the same token, Dante will have trouble with Fox's exoskeleton's durability.

Charlotte DeBel
Give Dante Yamato and the exosceleton of Fox might not exist as well (though Rebellion is also good in cutting stuff, Yamato can cut through everything belonging to the "human" plane of reality due to it's ability of cutting through dimensions).

Dark-Jaxx
Dante will also have trouble with Fox's superior strength.

ThoraxeRMG
And his HF Blade...

TricksterPriest
If you think the HF blade is any stronger than Dante's swords, you're wrong.

Raijin
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Dante will also have trouble with Fox's superior strength. Superior how? Dante was able stop the Savior's fist, sure, while he was shutting down, but that thing is SERIOUSLY much larger than Metal gear ray which I'll remind you, he still got crushed by.

Pyron_Knight
gFox got crushed by REX, not RAY. And it was after it had cut him apart with a laser and smashed him into a wall.

Raijin
Your point being Grey Fox got bested by a heavily armed slowmoving behemoth?

Also, Yamato > HF blade.

Pyron_Knight
Yes, a heavily-armed slow moving behemoth that could probably take Dante no problem.
The weapons REX is carrying would splatter Dante beyond his regen's ability in short order.
M61 autocannon >>>> pistol rounds Dante can shoot down.

TricksterPriest
It would have to hit him first. It's guns are big, but they'd never hit him. He'd cut Ray apart easily.

fascistcrusader
Dante has this in the bag. There's nothing Fox could do against his superior swordsmanship, speed, the fact that he has DT, and the fact that there's nothing Fox could do to hurt Dante.

Pyron_Knight
He could easily blow off his head.
Regen from that, prettyboy.

fascistcrusader
Dante got shot in the head a few times in DMC 3, and that's the weakest we've seen him. Gray Fox would crap his pants and be slaughtered after realizing he couldn't do anything to hurt Dante.

ThoraxeRMG
So Dante could survive a shot to the head that could pierce hard metal armor? Gray Fox wins. His head flys off.

Darkstorm Zero
Dante...... Easily....

Magical abilities, superhuman speed, strength, regenerative abilities even Wolverine would find familar, hand eye coordination and reflexes that are insanely accurate, Devil Trigger... Magic weapons... The ability to ressurect... And a baddass attitude.

WTF did Grey Fox ever do to you to deserve this horrible horrible curbstomp?

Pyron_Knight
Maybe reading the OP would help. No magic powers going on here. Unless Dante's regen is magic?
And Dante's strength and speed don't seem out of Fox's ballpark.

Darkstorm Zero
No, the OP (Which you yourself wrote) says no wankey stuff, but Dante's regen is natural to him, as are a great portion of his Devil powers. The only things that are magic by any digree of definition are his uber Close Combat weapons.

Don't get me wrong, Fox is an awsome fighter, and could probably last a while against Dante in a pure swordfight... But there's no way for him to actually defeat Dante... Regen's a real ***** for Fox to get around, especially considering Dante is considerably faster and more acrobatic (The due rode a missile like a surfboard.)

The only way for Fox to win a battle like this, is to get a clean and full hit thats strong enough to lobb off Dante's head... And the only way I can see him doing this is with his Stealth Camo, and to get in close without Dante being aware of him, which is also very hard to do considering Dante's senses are enhanced by his half demonic nature and natural awareness.

Anyways, Dante's got speed, skill, strength, endurance, AND natural ability over Fox, Fox's only real advantage would be experience and training..

Pyron_Knight
I'm still waiting to see how Dante is faster or stronger.

Darkstorm Zero
You've seen him speedblitz with his brother, and immediately after that fight, he shatters a very large metal statue with a single punch out of anger without even trying...

Pyron_Knight
Okay...and I saw Fox bullet-timing Vulcan cannon fire and holding up a gaint mech's foot.

fascistcrusader
I take it you've never been within 10 feet of a DMC game disc. Go play DMC 3, he gets shot in the head from a very close distance, and the wound is healed instantly. He suffered no ill effects whatsoever from it. GF can't hurt Dante.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Okay...and I saw Fox bullet-timing Vulcan cannon fire and holding up a gaint mech's foot.

Dante SHOOTS bullets out of the air... with a pair of semi autos...

We see him take hits from gigantic demons, elemental attacks, massive falls, explosions and more...

I'm sorry, but no... All the respect in the world to Fox, but there aint no way he can win a straight up battle against Dante...

Pyron_Knight
And Fox's exoskeleton wasn't even slightly damaged by a guy unloading a FAMAS into him at close range.
And there are different kinds of guns with different levels of power.
Just because Dante can "heal instantly" from some bullet wounds doesn't mean he can from all of them.

And DMC3 Dante was goddam fail.
"HOOOOO! I LOVE A FAST WOMAN!"
I mean...what in the hell? Did some b-movie cowboy take over the body of an anime bishy?

Darkstorm Zero
And Fox's exoskeleton wasn't even slightly damaged by a guy unloading a FAMAS into him at close range.
And there are different kinds of guns with different levels of power.
Just because Dante can "heal instantly" from some bullet wounds doesn't mean he can from all of them.

Explosions... Acid.... Magic attacks.... Massive Impact.... Missiles.....

And lets not forget, he was beaten h2h by Snake....

Dante has healed from alot worse than bullets, he had his heart ran through by the sword Alastor... And I do mean THROUGH...

And DMC3 Dante was goddam fail.
"HOOOOO! I LOVE A FAST WOMAN!"
I mean...what in the hell? Did some b-movie cowboy take over the body of an anime bishy?

So... What your saying is that Dante loses because of your oppinion of his attitude?

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2882/owned9wz.jpg

Pyron_Knight
So did Volgin.
It's bullshit since Fox and Volgin are SOLAR SYSTEMS apart from either Snake in strength and durability.

Who said he lost? I just made a comment on how his character sucked.

Darkstorm Zero
So did Volgin.
It's bullshit since Fox and Volgin are SOLAR SYSTEMS apart from either Snake in strength and durability.

It's still an official fact, you have to take the bad with the good, or come up with a legitimate reason why they lost that can be explained logically and within the game.

Either way, they both lost despite their apparent advantages.

Who said he lost? I just made a comment on how his character sucked.

it's not a good thing to bring up in the middle of a debate... wink

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Explosions... Acid.... Magic attacks.... Massive Impact.... Missiles.....

And lets not forget, he was beaten h2h by Snake....

Dante has healed from alot worse than bullets, he had his heart ran through by the sword Alastor... And I do mean THROUGH...

So... What your saying is that Dante loses because of your oppinion of his attitude?

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2882/owned9wz.jpg

Also note the shape of Alastor's hilt- with all those decorative enements and the way Dante gets rid of it our handsome demonic whitehaired beauty should have lterelly torn his own heart into pieces (he passes straigth through the hilt with all those decorative batwings- that's much more damage done to tissue than if he were to pass just through the straight blade). And he's OK in less than a minute after that.
Also note the scene with Beowulf in DMC3 where Dante gets punshed straight into stone floor- that feat can easily be compared with Wolverine being punched a couple of metres into the ground by Hulk- OK, Beowulf is low level class 100 at the very best, but stone is harder than ground and Dante's sceleton, while being harder than the one of normal human (probably) isn't made of adamantium. That healing feat isn't as popular around DMC board as regenerating from being impaled, but still impressive.
And headshots from Desert Eagle caliber bullets on close range did NOTHING to Dante, so case is closed.

And calling Dante a brainless clown is akin to calling Emma Frost a ****- misguiding looks, and Dante's case is spoiled even more by the fact that most popular game featuring him is the game about his youth, where you can see a 19 years old boy without developed motivation.

Another case of Dante vs headshots was in the 1st DMC novel- that was partially retconned by 3rd game, remaining only story of Dante being a mercenary under name Tony Redgrave when aproximately 16-18 years old (before starting demon hunting business)- he takes 90(!) mashine gun bullets from trained gunfighters like nothing, shots down them and only complaints about his coat being ruined.. and that, according to the current place of what's left of the very Redgrave storyline, was when he was f*cking 17 years old.

Dante in his prime (DMC1 to DMC4) kills Gray Fox easily. Even 19 years old from DMC3 can manage well, I think. But taking them both at their best=horrible curbstomp in Dante's favour.

And BTW, why doesn't anyone mention Royal Guard- OK, shadow duplicating, time manip? Pandora and elemental weaponry are "nullified" by OP, but RG is quite a natural skill- and that's pretty durable forcefield+Dreadnaught thing.

ThoraxeRMG
I can't believe this shit.
It's beyond ridiculous...

Jugglenaut
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Also note the shape of Alastor's hilt- with all those decorative enements and the way Dante gets rid of it our handsome demonic whitehaired beauty should have lterelly torn his own heart into pieces (he passes straigth through the hilt with all those decorative batwings- that's much more damage done to tissue than if he were to pass just through the straight blade). And he's OK in less than a minute after that.
Also note the scene with Beowulf in DMC3 where Dante gets punshed straight into stone floor- that feat can easily be compared with Wolverine being punched a couple of metres into the ground by Hulk- OK, Beowulf is low level class 100 at the very best, but stone is harder than ground and Dante's sceleton, while being harder than the one of normal human (probably) isn't made of adamantium. That healing feat isn't as popular around DMC board as regenerating from being impaled, but still impressive.
And headshots from Desert Eagle caliber bullets on close range did NOTHING to Dante, so case is closed.

And calling Dante a brainless clown is akin to calling Emma Frost a ****- misguiding looks, and Dante's case is spoiled even more by the fact that most popular game featuring him is the game about his youth, where you can see a 19 years old boy without developed motivation.

Another case of Dante vs headshots was in the 1st DMC novel- that was partially retconned by 3rd game, remaining only story of Dante being a mercenary under name Tony Redgrave when aproximately 16-18 years old (before starting demon hunting business)- he takes 90(!) mashine gun bullets from trained gunfighters like nothing, shots down them and only complaints about his coat being ruined.. and that, according to the current place of what's left of the very Redgrave storyline, was when he was f*cking 17 years old.

Dante in his prime (DMC1 to DMC4) kills Gray Fox easily. Even 19 years old from DMC3 can manage well, I think. But taking them both at their best=horrible curbstomp in Dante's favour.

And BTW, why doesn't anyone mention Royal Guard- OK, shadow duplicating, time manip? Pandora and elemental weaponry are "nullified" by OP, but RG is quite a natural skill- and that's pretty durable forcefield+Dreadnaught thing.

Time manipulation would be Quicksilver, which UTTERLY stomps Fox.
It might be worth noting that as strong as Nero and his Devil Bringer are, pinning Dante to the floor and landing several direct punches on his face accomplished absolutely nothing

Nero (DMC4) was better than Dante expected but not even he can't touch him. Even DT'ed and wielding Yamato, Dante was still playing with him.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Jugglenaut
Time manipulation would be Quicksilver, which UTTERLY stomps Fox.
It might be worth noting that as strong as Nero and his Devil Bringer are, pinning Dante to the floor and landing several direct punches on his face accomplished absolutely nothing

Nero (DMC4) was better than Dante expected but not even he can't touch him. Even DT'ed and wielding Yamato, Dante was still playing with him.
I know that time manip is Quicksilver (BTW, that's not one game thing, appearing in DMC1 as Bangle of Time and in DMC2 as Chrono heart). It should be noted that in DMC3 and DMC1 it's area effect (should be the sign of the power not being mastered well, as Chrono Heart AFAIR allows to froze selective enemies in time when attacking- showing of achieving greater mastery over the power by the time of DMC2 storyline, I suggest).

By the time of DMC4 Dante is the strongest demonic being in DMCverse, so all the enemies he faces there are lesser things to him and can't even save him from the boredom of only having to fight crappy weaklings- the disadvantage of being the best there is in something...

Charlotte DeBel
Seriously, the only thing worth mentioning about Fox here is his optical cammo, but Snake managed to detect him- and here we're talking about highly skilled warrior with "sences far keener than those of any human or demon" (I don't remember actual statement from official description by heart, but it was something along the lines of that). Dante's lifting strength might be not off the charts- he has few feats including lifting heavy stuff, but in lifting strength he's class 5 at least... and when we're taking more important way of using the strength aka force of hits, then Dante with his speed and skill totally rules, seriously, see Gilgamesh video in his RT and see what a well-placed One Inch can do to hell gates, and imagine Foxie's head taking that punch- lifting feats are irrelevant, and in terms of force of hits Fox gets crushed and crushed really badly.

This. Is. Spite.

Pyron_Knight
Snake beat a Fox who wasn't trying.

Fox has pulled Agent moves with Vulcan cannon fire. He wasn't even budged by RAMAS rounds. He has a laser that is more than capable of blowing off Dante's head.

Dante is not even close to being out of Fox's league in anything except regen because Fox has none.

Darkstorm Zero
Snake beat a Fox who wasn't trying.

Fox has pulled Agent moves with Vulcan cannon fire. He wasn't even budged by RAMAS rounds. He has a laser that is more than capable of blowing off Dante's head.

Dante is not even close to being out of Fox's league in anything except regen because Fox has none.

I guess this proves you don't read very well.

Dante has speed, skill, strength and ability levels WAY beyond what Fox could ever hope to do.

Pure swordfight ends with Fox's corpse being used for chum.

In an all out battle, (Minus magic weapons) Fox couldn't even hit Dante, and even if he could, it would never kill him, Dante's survived far more than a laser... Explosions (Including direct hits from things like missiles and tank shells), magic attacks, strikes from creatures far larger than Rex or Rey (DMC2 & 3)

Where other than stealth and experience can Fox hope to have an edge?

Pyron_Knight
Yeah because size means everything?
Bigger creatures = strikes with more force than REX? Interesting unproven speculation indeed.

And I'll request AGAIN speed feats for Dante showing he is beyond being hit by Fox.

Pyron_Knight
I'd also like a cutscene of Dante taking tank shells and being unharmed.

Charlotte DeBel
Well, he usually just dodges that stuff, as for the rockets from rocket launcher, he either has rode the or cut them apart without making uit detonate.
http://www.devils-lair.org/cutscenes/dmc2/10%20-%20M5%20-%20Infested%20Tank%20Intro.avi
Dodging tank shell. In DMC2 he faces demonically posessed tanks and helicopters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEi3Gwi09kY
Dodging rocket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQoUuzlCms
Surfing on rocket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euaLjELg_eQ
The elemental power of Ifrit tried to explode him...but he took it OK and was fine.

Talking speedwise, when was Fox ever clocked at Max speeds- cause one of top Dante's running feats (with chasing his own bullets and approaching reentry speed) includes it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHdLB6f5A8
As for combat speed, a couple of feats can already be shown- I'd also add that (though that's because of a speedboost provided by Alastor sword- Dante doesn't use his time manip power, yet shards appear suspended in the air from his point of view). He swings that combo on superspeed minute after having totally regenerate his heart, BTW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1kETIVweo
And if you'd like to talk about force of hits, darling, I'd LOVE you like at that... and then imagine your precious Fox instead of hellgate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti_BfKdYWNw

Pyron_Knight
He was clocked at mach when he cut the FAMAS round in half at close range.
As for the reentry-level speed feat, can I see your exact calcs?

And he's hardly my precious Fox...Ms. Dante fangirl.

Darkstorm Zero
He was clocked at mach when he cut the FAMAS round in half at close range.
As for the reentry-level speed feat, can I see your exact calcs?

And he's hardly my precious Fox...Ms. Dante fangirl.

If he where going mach speed, he'd be causing sonic booms whenever he moved...

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
If he where going mach speed, he'd be causing sonic booms whenever he moved...

Unlike Dante, who in that vid was clearly seen approaching supersonic speed- flame aura and all... to cause friction "burning" you have to move at supersonic speed. But running speed is irrelevant seeing as DMC4 Dante clearly has mastered teleportation.

JerseyMage
Dante's high defense and speed would likely allow him to use his quicksilver gun, then he would be able to attack a time-frozen fox until he is killed. Another scenario isn't likely unless fox gets prep.

Eon Blue
Gray Fox.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.