Count Neferia Vs WW Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sam Z
Earth can't be broken, and it takes place in Moscow.

Who wins?

iceman24567
Nefaria is above the Hulk.

World Breaker
Verily.

iceman24567
Originally posted by World Breaker
Verily. What the heck does that mean? laughing

Sam Z
Haven't read Thor I take it.

janus77
Verily.
I say thee NAAAAAY!!!!
confused

dunno really, but couldn't resist replying to that.

what's Neferia's general fighting weight?

Sam Z
He easily took on Thor and caught his hammer without much effort like Superman did....but with ease.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t468079.html

janus77
Hulk's done that before, wasn't thinking of strength, more the magics as stuff.
he might bfr Hulk, he might defeat Hulk by summoning some demonic god or something etc...

is that stuff possible, or is he more limited than Dr Strange?

'cos Strange could have obviously won if he went for a bfr but, when he went to match strength, he failed.

World Breaker
Originally posted by janus77
I say thee NAAAAAY!!!!
confused

dunno really, but couldn't resist replying to that.

what's Neferia's general fighting weight?

230 lbs.

Sam Z
Hulk's done that before, wasn't thinking of strength, more the magics as stuff.
he might bfr Hulk, he might defeat Hulk by summoning some demonic god or something etc...

is that stuff possible, or is he more limited than Dr Strange?

'cos Strange could have obviously won if he went for a bfr but, when he went to match strength, he failed. I didn't know he had any powers like that....so hes restricted to fighting how he did in his Avengers fights...

janus77
ah, then I really do "Say Thee Nay!!!!"

Hulk should win, convincingly.

230 lbs.
what, that's like the weight of Hulk's left testicle?
(according to bios, no, I've not measured or weighed anything!)

Sam Z
Whats to stop him being KOed before he can get strong enough?

janus77
what's to say he isn't strong enough already?

guy222
wwh

Sam Z
what's to say he isn't strong enough already? Whats to say he is?

janus77
Originally posted by Sam Z
Whats to say he is?
several fights with Thor where he's slapped Thor around and also blocked Mjolnir and all waaay before he became WWH.

his average showings would put him up there quite easily.

darthgoober
several fights with Thor where he's slapped Thor around and also blocked Mjolnir and all waaay before he became WWH.

his average showings would put him up there quite easily.
When did Hulk block Mjolnir?

janus77
Originally posted by darthgoober
When did Hulk block Mjolnir?
I think I recall a fight or two where he stopped Thor hammering him.
it should be in the respect threads (of either/both).

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by darthgoober
When did Hulk block Mjolnir? If he's talking about what I think he's talking about... it was when the hammer was just Uru... as Thor told Odin to get rid of the enchantment.

janus77
not sure, I doubt it was with any such stipulations.

darthgoober
I think I recall a fight or two where he stopped Thor hammering him.
it should be in the respect threads (of either/both).
The two have fought several times now, do you remember any details of the fight that might narrow it down?

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
If he's talking about what I think he's talking about... it was when the hammer was just Uru... as Thor told Odin to get rid of the enchantment.
That's what I was thinking too...

Mr. Slippyfist
Did Hulk happen to shatter the hammer afterwards Janus?

janus77
honestly, I can't recall so I'm trying to look up the scans in the respect thread... but most of the pics are expired... found one that I hadn't seen though:

not the best showing, Hulk basically punches Mjolnir as Thor attempts to swat him with it. the Hammer rebounds and Hulk hurts his hand:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%201/2.jpg

janus77
another time:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/2.jpg

Mr. Slippyfist
confused

How did it rebound? If that's the case then the hammer rebounds every time it hits someone...

It probably knocked his arm back by the looks of it.

---

And in the next page, Thor knocks Hulk back under some ground... confused

And the hammer looks like it was put up to block Hulk's punch anyway...

janus77
it didn't go 'through' its arc, it was stopped and then the next panel shows Thor with the hammer raised aloft.

darthgoober
honestly, I can't recall so I'm trying to look up the scans in the respect thread... but most of the pics are expired... found one that I hadn't seen though:

not the best showing, Hulk basically punches Mjolnir as Thor attempts to swat him with it. the Hammer rebounds and Hulk hurts his hand:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%201/2.jpg
That's not really the same as what Neferia did. Neferia actually caught the thing in mid swing with one hand(and no ill effects).

another time:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd124/HulkFights/Vs%20Thor/Fight%203/2.jpg
I don't get it, where's the feat for Hulk in that scan? It looks a lot more like Thor blocking a punch from Hulk with his hammer than vice versa.

janus77
the hammer was coming at him, notice the motion line behind it and the vertical lines signifying an arc.

Mr. Slippyfist
it didn't go 'through' its arc, it was stopped and then the next panel shows Thor with the hammer raised aloft. Did you expect Thor to keep spinning his hammer for no reason? confused

And in the next panel, Hulk is shown with his back turned... so obviously something happened...
This isn't moving pictures. This is single pictures. It's not a continuous shot.

the hammer was coming at him, notice the motion line behind it and the vertical lines signifying an arc. It looks more like it was only moved to block a punch...

janus77
there's no reason for it to be there to 'block' a punch as Thor is clearly not behind it, Thor wasn't going to be hit.

and as to the other picture, yes Thor attempted to strike Hulk, Hulk punched out in defence and the Hammer failed to carry through in the +swing+ of the attack, IE Hulk's punch blocked and rebounded (the Hammer was next show sent back and aloft) the strike.

there is another scan, which I can't find right now, but that too shows pretty much the same thing. Hulk punching/blocking Thor's Hammer strike.

and these are all weaker instances of The Hulk, far weaker in most instances.

Mr. Slippyfist
there's no reason for it to be there to 'block' a punch as Thor is clearly not behind it, Thor wasn't going to be hit.

and as to the other picture, yes Thor attempted to strike Hulk, Hulk punched out in defence and the Hammer failed to carry through in the +swing+ of the attack, IE Hulk's punch blocked and rebounded (the Hammer was next show sent back and aloft) the strike.

there is another scan, which I can't find right now, but that too shows pretty much the same thing. Hulk punching/blocking Thor's Hammer strike.

and these are all weaker instances of The Hulk, far weaker in most instances. Ya, Thor isn't behind his hammer at all... or should I say under it...
Hulk just has shitty... very shitty aim.

Becauce you expected Thor to keep spinning around or something? confused Thor's not smart enough to pull his hammer back after he hits a target?
By my view, he either spun Hulk around, or pulled his hammer back.
Go look through Thor's respect thread and find about a thousand scans that would also support your theory...
Look, Bi-Beast just 'rebounded' Thor's hammer!
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor_1982_315_22.jpg

Show it.

And that was Thor without powering up his hammer like he did against Nefaria... you know, the same attacks that have damaged Celestial armor.
And Count actually stopped his hammer, full swing, no gimmicks.
And the Count is stronger now, isn't he as well?

janus77
yes 'poor aim' or else, maybe, perhaps Hulk swung at Thor's hammer as he has done before. and the result was much as it was before, that the hammer stopped.

I expected Thor when swinging his hammer to actually swing his hammer, and not to have it stop at Hulk's fist and then be shown aloft in the air, in the opposite direction.

dunno, I guess I'm just fussy that way but, having seen Thor swing and follow through many times, I would say that he couldn't follow through on the occasions above and that it might have just a little to do with Hulk's fist meeting and matching it.

as for charging up the hammer, well Hulk's also taken far greater attacks from far greater opponents than Thor, what are you trying to prove? I said initially that Hulk's blocked Thor's hammer before and I showed it, I said that in that first scan the hammer rebounded and it sure does look like it did. did I say I knew how charged the attack was?

Hulk's withstood far worse without trouble, I doubt this'll trouble him any.

also, in that scan you provide, do you see how Thor follows through with the swing in the 2nd and 3rd panels? that's what he couldn't do, because Hulk's fist blocked mjolnir.

Thor usually follows through on his swings, he never pulls back as far as I'm aware. it's always the opponent who has to stop it if he can (or the floor/wall).

oh and Neferia merely dropped a building on Thor and actually neutralised Thor's dimensional opening (not a black hole - it was neither black nor "infinite gravity"wink with it... that was Neferia's strength showing and it is .... feeble by Hulk standards.

Mr. Slippyfist
yes 'poor aim' or else, maybe, perhaps Hulk swung at Thor's hammer as he has done before. and the result was much as it was before, that the hammer stopped.

I expected Thor when swinging his hammer to actually swing his hammer, and not to have it stop at Hulk's fist and then be shown aloft in the air, in the opposite direction.

dunno, I guess I'm just fussy that way but, having seen Thor swing and follow through many times, I would say that he couldn't follow through on the occasions above and that it might have just a little to do with Hulk's fist meeting and matching it.

as for charging up the hammer, well Hulk's also taken far greater attacks from far greater opponents than Thor, what are you trying to prove? I said initially that Hulk's blocked Thor's hammer before and I showed it, I said that in that first scan the hammer rebounded and it sure does look like it did. did I say I knew how charged the attack was?

Hulk's withstood far worse without trouble, I doubt this'll trouble him any.

also, in that scan you provide, do you see how Thor follows through with the swing in the 2nd and 3rd panels? that's what he couldn't do, because Hulk's fist blocked mjolnir.

Thor usually follows through on his swings, he never pulls back as far as I'm aware. it's always the opponent who has to stop it if he can (or the floor/wall).

oh and Neferia merely dropped a building on Thor and actually neutralised Thor's dimensional opening (not a black hole - it was neither black nor "infinite gravity"wink with it... that was Neferia's strength showing and it is .... feeble by Hulk standards. When Thor had less than a foot to swing his hammer off his back?

Then that would ruin the whole scene... as the importance was to show Hulk connecting with the hammer, and hurting his hand.
Ya well, I expected Thor to do front flips after he hit Bi-Beast... but apparently, Bi-Beast knocked his hammer to Thor's side.

He's definitely matching it. You know, after he was turned around, and his hand was aching.

The fact is, that the hammer shot Thor hit Nefaria with, was more potent than just a regular swing by far. Therefore, even though Hulk didn't stop the hammer, Nefaria stopped an even more powerful hammer swing than Hulk's non-existent one.

Oh, OK. Too bad Hulk's not fighting Thor here... so I don't get this sentence.

Ya, I do. Because it's not as important as showing them connect shots. Either way, in the fourth panel, Bi-Beast stops/rebounds a full on hammer swing.

OK. Then Thor's hammer is always rebounded. So, Hulk's feat exists... where again? Nefaria actually stopped the hammer from moving anywhere.

The point of the last statement was... ?

---

Also, look, a Frost Giant rebounds King Thor's hammer! He didn't follow through with his arc judging by the one picture!
Holy smokes!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_v2_48_15.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_v2_48_16.jpg

Look at how many times Gladiator rebounds Thor's hammer here:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Thor_2001_035_32.jpg

janus77
ok, now you're just resorting to gibberish and venting no expression.

Hulk stopped Thor's hammer, in both those scans. in the first one, Thor's hammer rebounds and ends up swinging in the opposite direction.

if you can't see the scans for what's there, at least attempt to give an alternative reading that's not just "well look at Thor smacking Bi-Beast", when that scan doesn't show anything of relevance to your supposed point, instead just shows a couple of swings which are, like I said before, wide arcs that Thor follows through on.

h1a8

Hulk stopped Thor's hammer, in both those scans. in the first one, Thor's hammer rebounds and ends up swinging in the opposite direction.

if you can't see the scans for what's there, at least attempt to give an alternative reading that's not just "well look at Thor smacking Bi-Beast", when that scan doesn't show anything of relevance to your supposed point, instead just shows a couple of swings which are, like I said before, wide arcs that Thor follows through on.

There's a big difference between a 100% full force (all of Thor's might) swing with added power up vs. a 1% Thor's force swing with no power up. Hulk only took the latter.

Mr. Slippyfist

if you can't see the scans for what's there, at least attempt to give an alternative reading that's not just "well look at Thor smacking Bi-Beast", when that scan doesn't show anything of relevance to your supposed point, instead just shows a couple of swings which are, like I said before, wide arcs that Thor follows through on. I did give my reasons. And other scans happen to support that... *gasp*

Thor's hammer is shown at his side because it's not a continuous shot. It's the same reason Hulk is shown with his back turned towards Thor. If Hulk had time to turn around, then wouldn't Thor have time to put his arm down to swing?
Yes; No?

And in the second one, Thor merely moves to block it. He's not going to swing at Hulk's fist full bore off his back.

Actually, the one I pointed out, was Thor's full swing hit on Bi-Beast, when Bi-Beast finally 'rebounds' his hammer.
Also, a Frost Giant 'rebounded' Thor's hammer using your logic.
As did a limp Gladiator.

Did they all 'rebound' his hammer, or are you simply picking and choosing?

'Cause, 'rebounding' Thor's hammer seems to be a non feat if all these guys did it.

Plus, Thor didn't even have a reaction when these guys 'rebounded' his hammer. He had a fit when The Count did it though...

CaptainStoic
First of all, those pictures were of a much weaker Hulk, a Hulk that was defeated by Nefaria in the past, but up until 2 years ago, the Hulk has gotten an upgrade.... hell Professor Hulk was stronger than those old pics of the Hulk above in this thread. Back to what I was saying. before the Hulk was banished by the Illuminati, another gamma bomb blew up in his face making him stronger. WWHulk would no doubt beat classic Thor or Nefaria.

Mr. Slippyfist
Issue Count beat him in?

Sam Z
WWH Beats Thor? If he fights stupid then yeah but if he stops and uses his brain he stomps.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Issue Count beat him in?

I don't know because I never saw it, but I read that he defeated the Hulk in his Marvel Universe bio. I believe it happened or they wouldn't have put in in his bio.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Sam Z
WWH Beats Thor? If he fights stupid then yeah but if he stops and uses his brain he stomps.

Wrong a weaker Hulk has defeated Thor, whether it was Thors dumb fighting or what have you, it still happened, and WWHulk is much more than he ever was when we battled Thor. Just rememebr it was not Thor who defeated Onslaught's physical presence, it was The Hulk, and like I said WWHulk is more poweful than he was back then, he was given an upgrade, when another gamma bomb exploded in his face 2 years ago... anyone remember that?

h1a8
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Wrong a weaker Hulk has defeated Thor, whether it was Thors dumb fighting or what have you, it still happened, and WWHulk is much more than he ever was when we battled Thor. Just rememebr it was not Thor who defeated Onslaught's physical presence, it was The Hulk, and like I said WWHulk is more poweful than he was back then, he was given an upgrade, when another gamma bomb exploded in his face 2 years ago... anyone remember that?

Whether it happened or not has nothing, I mean nothing, to do with what will happened in a forum fight. Thor can godblast all day if he wants. Thor could bfr Hulk all day long if he want. This is not a comic fight, so don't forget that.

guy222
WWH

iceman24567
WWH dies.

skyfather
count in a stomp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.