Darth Krayt vs. Darth Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_is_God
Who wins this?

Darth Sexy
Seeing as how Krayt has shown us very little and Jacen was able to duel Luke and NOT die, Caedus has this.

darthsith19
Yeah and Caedus was DLotS at the same time that Krayt was around but Krayt didn't challenge him for the position.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yeah and Caedus was DLotS at the same time that Krayt was around but Krayt didn't challenge him for the position.

Krayt has his reasons for that though:

A) I believe it might be hard for him to get near Caedus. And I would imagine that he has his vong armor so it is not like he can walk up to Caedus(who of course has to be somewhat suspicious in a guy in vong armor) and pretend to be his friend then turn on him.

B) Caedus is not part of his order and Krayt's order considers him a pretender

C) Due to the what I said in point B, I believe it one of those sith said that they were not doing anything about Caedus because he is attracting all the attention of the jedi and they want to remain on the sidelines for now and grow in strength.

D) Isn't Krayt at some point go into stasis or something to slow down his armor from consuming him?

Darth Sexy
Actually, Krayt didn't attack him because he thought Jacen was a joke, and because his sith order needed to grow in secret.

Lt. Valerian
If there's a Sith I hate more than Revan it's Jacen...

I think we need to know a little bit more about Krayt's skills and abilities to debate this fight.

Pyron_is_God
I'm working on that. I'll post what I got later today hopefully. or maybe tomorrow.

Darth Exodus
Caedus. He beat about 4 jedi at once, one of which happened to be the vastly overpowered Kyle Katarn, with pretty much no effort. He's also shown many great feats of Force strength and 'skill'. However, Krayt's Vong armour would make thing's very interesting.

WollfMyth
Caedus fought multiple Jedi and overpowered Kyle Katarn, held off Luke etc.
His dueling is beyond Krayt who was killed by Cade, who is nowhere near as strong as Luke or Katarn for that matter.
Caedus also impressed me more with his usage of the Force. He wins.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nephthys
Caedus. He beat about 4 jedi at once, one of which happened to be the vastly overpowered Kyle Katarn, with pretty much no effort. He's also shown many great feats of Force strength and 'skill'. However, Krayt's Vong armour would make thing's very interesting.

Look at this sexy stupid assh*le. Fvck you and your bullshit, Krayt wins.

NewGuy01
Proof?

Skybreaker
Caedus hands Krayt his shit.

Q99
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Seeing as how Krayt has shown us very little

Krayt's shown us... a heck of a lot, really. He's been in many conflicts.

Heck, both Caedus and Luke considered him very strong.

Originally posted by Col. Valerian

I think we need to know a little bit more about Krayt's skills and abilities to debate this fight.

Ok, chronologically, Jedi-Hett (aka Krayt-to-be) was an accomplished master who specialized in lightsaber fighting, normally with two sabers. He beat Aurra Sing, and was considered a very dangerous duelist to Kenobi (as-of two years after RotS) and managed to land two physical hits on Kenobi in a duel (Kenobi was protecting the moisture farm that held baby Luke, so Kenobi was *very* serious) before going down when Kenobi was able to use the force to open his guard.

He studied under a Sith holocron, was captured by Vong, but after fully embracing the dark broke free, killed a buncha vong and blew up the ship. Notably the Vong performed experiments to enhance him physically at this point, as well as putting some vong implants in him like his arm and eye, that'd also try and take over his body.

He became a full Sith, Darth Krayt, at this point and trained in force techniques. He teamed up with Luke to fight Abeloth, and where once the force was his weak point, this time he was able to use force drain, blasts of force energy, and similar, as well as being simply strong enough to shove a hand into Abeloth's chest.

Both Luke and Krayt were badly wounded in the fight, and when Krayt got up, Mara's spirt egged Luke to get up since if Krayt could Luke could, but Caedus's spirit disagreed under the logic that 'Sith are stronger' (though Luke got up anyway).

Luke talked about how Jedi and Sith, he and Krayt, would fill the role as the new Ones to keep balance in the force.

Also it was revealed that fear of Krayt is *why* Caedus fell in the first place. If he didn't do something, Krayt'd turn Jacen's daughter to the darkside, kill Jacen and such, and conquer the galaxy in the near future.

Cut forward. Over the decades Krayt's vong implants grew and became harder to control, and he had to spend constant effort in the force just to contain them. He began using stasis more, having his sith search for Sith Lore while he slept, and mentally communicating with them when resting.

Legacy era, even in this state, he took on four Imperial Knights- basically Master level Jedi, and despite being surrounded and attacked on all sides, took them down in maybe a second or two. Though after his implants acted up.

He captured Cade Skywalker and trained him in the dark side, trying to improve Cade's healing (which could already bring people back from fatal wounds) to the point it could undo the vong implant's damage. Cade eventually turned on Krayt of course and beat two powerful sith, Talon and Nihl (he basically force-detonated a shrapnel bomb them took them down in a rage). Krayt then beat down and overpowered the engaged Cade easily, driving him to his knees, though Cade's mom showed up with a jetpack and rescued him.

He stasis rested a bit, and then awake again, took on Celeste Morne, an ancient Jedi who was drawing on the obscenely powerful Sith artifact, the Muur Talisman, which had the power to heal him and contained one of the greatest original sith, Karness Muur. He pushed Celeste back and tried to convince her to join him, and eventually to the point that Karness Muur himself took control of Celeste's body. He and Krayt started to fight, but just as they got into an epic lightning duel, an Imperial Knight (Master level, again) stabbed him in the back of the neck, allowing Muur to grab Krayt's lightning and add it to his own, blasting Krayt (and even the side-blast was bad enough that the Imperial Knight had to get Vader-like cybernetics after), tossed Krayt off a clif, then Krayt's right hand Wyyrlok found him at the bottom of the cliff, still alive.... and blasted him with more lightning.

Krayt by this point had enough exposure to Cade's healing techniques and Muur's that he figured out how to heal himself from death (!).

In the process, he overcame the growths (though still had the arm and eye, merely under his control), which freed up his force power, increasing it. He also unlocked the shatterpoint ability, and could now use the healing ability offensively, if he grabbed someone he could use their shatterpoints to kill them.

He returned and dueled with Wyyrlok. Wyyrlok was very powerful, having hid a lot of his strength in the past, and they fought for a bit, Wyyr actually able to defend himself with sabers, and throwing some force powers back and forth. Wyyrlok unleashed Memory Walk (same technique as Darth Zannah's best move), thinking it'd stop Krayt and allow him to strike Krayt down... but Krayt broke through the sorcery and slew him with a very fast saber draw.

Cade, who'd spent the last 6 months hunting and killing sith also grew more powerful over the time, and during the Battle of Coruscant went to control Krayt. They fought again, and this time Cade was able to put up a fight, things going on for awhile.

And, of course, Krayt killed Cade.

He grabbed Cade's chest, and Dark Transfered him, bringing him through death and back out again, thinking it'd turn him to the dark side. It didn't, and Cade took advantage of this opening to strike him down. Cade then took Krayt's body and threw it into the sun to prevent it from returning, and defending his mind against Krayt's trying to take his body over the entire time.

No-one by the Legacy era was really a match for him (if he wanted Cade to stay dead rather than trying to turn him, he'd have won, end of story, no question whatsoever), and even Luke and Caedus's being impressed with his power was only his second most powerful form, the Reborn version being more experienced, more rawly powerful (due to no growths), and having the extremely hax Dark Transfer healing/killing power.

Originally posted by WollfMyth
Krayt who was killed by Cade, who is nowhere near as strong as Luke or Katarn for that matter.

I'd put Cade above Katarn... but even so, Cade struck Krayt down because Krayt left an opening after the duel, Krayt definitively showed he won the duel.

Nephthys
Uh, most of the posts in this thread are from 2008.

SIDIOUS 66
Shoving his hands through Abeloth isn't an indication of strength, considering it was done while Krayt was in spirit form, and spirits go through/bind to one another when they make 'physical' contact. That was made clear even in the very passage of the fight.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
Uh, most of the posts in this thread are from 2008.

Ack, caught by a Necro!

carthage
Krayt gets destroyed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.