Ok, who is dying, who is killing, and how is it done?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Bit of a frenzy to kill off a lot of people in episode III, and a big queue for some people as to who is going to do it, and no idea really at all for the circumstances! But let's throw some ideas around!

PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO DIE
Dooku
Mace
Ki-Adi (and the other JC members)
Anakin (from a certain point of view)
Padme (maybe)
Yoda (not ACTUALLY dying but maybe being defeated)

PEOPLE WHO CAN DO THE KILLING
Obi-Wan
Anakin
Dooku
Sidious
Mace
Padme (unlikely)
Boba (but let's hope not...)

So, who is going to take a crack at whom? Sidious, Anakin, Dooku and Boba are lining up at Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace and Sidious are lining up at Dooku... Obi-Wan is almost certainly taking out Anakin... but just how many sabre fights can there be?

Ideas, anyone?

LanceWindu
I hope they don't try to squeeze in too many sabre fights.

Cause we need story too, not just dueling.

But I say Dooku vs. Anakin, Anakin wins
Ki-Adi and JC members will die by Anakin, Dooku and possibly Sidious

mah
it's just nice that there's some more sabrefighting than in AOTC though, that was a bit short.

boba must not kill anyone. he can't unless there's some slapstick performances by others.

finti
I belive Anakin will take out both Dooku and Mace, not sure about Padme dying. Conflicts a little with what leia says in ROTJ.
Dooku might take out some JC members.

Julie
I think that Padme will die......there are ways to expain the things leia feels, but that's another debate.
As for the killing and being killed.....hmmm
well I think that there might be three lightsaber duels.....TPM had 2 and AOTC had 2 also......
Anakin vs Obi-Wan
Anakin vs. Dooku
Mace vs. Anakin.....I don't know.....just as a side bar do you guys think that pride could lead to Mace's downfall.....Yoda comments that pride is a flaw that is becoming more and more common among jedi....even the older more wiser ones

LanceWindu
Good point Julie, maybe that's how most of the JC will die, because they don't see Anakin's turn coming and they are caught off guard.

Julie
Mace didn't even believe that Dooku could be the guy trying to kill Padme becuase he was a jedi and "it's not in his character"

finti
or Obi and Mace tag team agains Anakin, which end in a draw. Mace dies Anakin seriously wounded

Ushgarak
I don't think Yoda really meant Mace in that... no doubt the Jedi are tricked but I do not thinkt here will be any massive arrogance on Mace's part.

finti
me neither

steve-o
I hope theres gonna be better villains in Episode 10 or whatever episode we're on. I want more dudes like Jenga Fett and Count Dracula in the next one...or Darth Mall. Those guys were fu*kn bad ass. cool

ryamathart
I think that boba is gonna kill mace cause he took his dad out. and as for the JC i think the Mandolorians will be enough trouble for them. As for Anakin I think that he will fight dooku first and probably kill him then get in the crash and get all suped up then fight obi wan then that will because hes the new apprentice obi wan will lose and take off to tattooine.

finti
Boba is around 12-13 years old in epIII no way hes gonna take out Mace

ryamathart
was he like 9 in episode2 ?

finti
I dont think we see too much of Boba at all in epIII

Ushgarak
He was 10 in AOTC.

master harmax
Yoda can't and will not be shown defeated.

Ushgarak
Well, that one is being argued out in the Yoda vs. Darth Sidious thread.

Julie
there is such a thread? oh I'll have to search for it:-)

Ushgarak
And you posted in it before...

jedi_blade
I agree that Boba will not have a hand in Mace's demise because if his big bad daddy couldn't kill Mace, what chance will 13-15 year old Boba have?

There was some speculation about Dooku returning to the Light Side and him and Obi-Wan tag team Sidious and Anakin but I can't see that for reasons that are too numerous to post here.

Dooku will definitely die by Anakin I believe. I know that Obi-Wan is the one who forces Anakin to spend the remainder of his days in a walking iron lung. As far as the Jedi Council, some of them will probably be killed by Dooku and Sidious and the ones who survived will probably be killed by Anakin (except Yoda of course).

I know Padme died when Leia was young so I can only speculate that we will probably not see her die in Episode III. The reason being is that I am pretty sure Luke and Leia both are born in Episode III. So Leia would have to have a little age on her to remember Padme, even if it is "images really...feelings."

Ushgarak
Yeah... we've had that argument out here before, uou can go check it out.

jedi_blade
Yeah I noticed though I don't see why people would think Dooku would return to the Light Side. There was more involved in his turn than just political reasons it would seem.

Ushgarak
Oh, yeah, but I mean we have argued the Padme dying thing out before.

finti
indeed we have

jedi_blade
No surprise there either...

Here's the arguements that don't make sense to me:

Are Palpatine and Darth Sidious the same person? (DUH!)
Will Dooku return to the Light Side? (I say no)
Will Padme die in Episode III? (Again no. It would, like someone said before, contradict what Leia said in Episode VI)
Will Sidious and Yoda hash it out? (Again no because I believe GL officially said that Yoda wasn't fighting anymore but don't quote me on that)

Ushgarak
Oh no, there is no indication that Yoda winl;t fight.

I support you on the Padme thing but chck out the thread about her dying for some contrary points of view

jedi_blade
Ok thank you for clearing that up.

But what could be so contrary about the Padme thingy?

From what I understand Luke and Leia will be born (c'mon born!) in Episode III. Unless through some miracle of a Force Bond between Padme and Leia (since they both will obviously go to Alderaan at some point) happens. I don't really need to go to the boards to know what some ppl are thinking. The only way I can see it is if somehow there was a Force Link between Padme and Leia, but I don't know if I can see that for three reasons:
1) Leia would be too damn young to be able to do something like that
2) Anakin wouldn't have done it (he didn't know about his own kids)
3) Padme can't use the Force
One thing I can see however is that if, somehow, through Leia's burgeoning Force Powers, while she was still in the womb a link somehow was made between Padme and Leia. That could explain a thing or two. Other than that I really don't think there's much room for argument.

Ushgarak
Please, go check out the thread. The argument is more relevant there than here.

http://forums.killermovies.com/f4/t4168.html

(Though that point you make is refuted because then Luke would remember her as well)

jedi_blade
That's very true and yes I'll drop the subject while I'm still allowed to post on here.

Julie
I believe I've asked this before...who is older...Luke or Leia.

Ushgarak
I believe we have NO way of knowing which was born first! I would guess Luke.

Julie
That's my guess too....

jedi_blade
Ummm one question:

Why does it matter?

Ushgarak
Good question.

finti
indeed

Captain REX
I have a feeling Anakin will take out Dooku in the whole "Kill him and take his place at my side" thing. And Obi-Wan defeating Anakin is another feeling I have.

hiding clouds
Sidious/Palpatine lives through until he is killed by Vader in Episode 6 and Sidious is always a shadowy character to boot so he is probably not confronting anyone who can fight.

You know it is possible Dooku is killed in the clone wars. He may not be in Episode 3 at all.

Once Anakin becomes Darth Vader, remember Obi wan specifically said that Vader hunted and killed all the Jedi - So many of the Jedi probably die at the hands of Vader and many many stormtroopers.

Ushgarak
Christopher Lee has confirmed an episode III appearance. And obviously we all knew Palpatine was going to live! But certainly not THAT unlikely he will fight. Ian McDiarmid is certainly keen to.

Captain REX
Yoda or Obi-Wan tell Luke not to underestimate the powers of the Emperor. Maybe they do fight him and lose or something like that.

ToMacco
Well, I think only Mace or Yoda can defeat Dooku or Sidious. And I think it would be unwise to show Yoda fighting again. So that leaves Mace.

Obi-wan and Anakin got their ASSES kicked by Dooku, and we know Sidious could kick Dooku's ass.

I think the highlight of the film will be the fight between Anakin and Obi-wan.

I wouldn't put it past Lucas to leave everything else to speculation (the many deaths and the complete falling apart of the republic).

Captain REX
Anakin does gain more experience during the AOTC - III duration. Why would Sidious want him to be the next Sith Lord if he was a sucky little good-for-nothing Padawan? big grin

Ushgarak
I wouldn't put it past Lucas either, To.

Orlando
As far as Windu dying goes, Fett may be the one who kills him, but I sorta doubt it. Episode III is suppossed to take place two or three years after AOTC. Fett will only be, what, eleven or twelve? It could happen, I guess, but it probably won't be in the armor. He did seem to have a pretty good handle on operating Slave 1, so maybe he'll get involved that way.

If Padme dies, which is possible, maybe Anikin will have something to do with it. Probably not intentionally, but through his actions when he turns to the dark side. I know Anikin is becoming more and more upset with Obi-Wan, so my original theory of him blaming the Jedi master for Padme's death is still a possibility...

finti
lots of possibilities here

Orlando
Whatever happens, I hope George surprises the hell outta me as he has with the first two...

finti
you were surprised by the first two?......how?

Orlando
Well, for one, the force being biological in nature. I never really thought about how the force worked or what caused it. I always figured it was some mystical energy that really didn't need explaining...it just WAS. Jango Fett being the model for the clones was another thing. I guess these may be questions I never bothered to ask but, if I had, I probably wouldn't have come to those conclusions...

Ushgarak
No, the Force is NOT biological in nature. That is misinterprertation of the Midi-chlorian lines in TPM. As clearly described in earlier films it IS mystical. MCs are just a life form with a link to the Force present in all that use it, that enable people with the right talent to use it, and hence a measurement of which gives you a riugh idea of the talent of their host. They are not the Force in themselves.

GL has also given clear non-biological comments and explanations of the Force before.

Orlando
Interesting...

Ushgarak
But not made entirely clear, I will certainly concede. GL has this habit of teasing.

Orlando
I know alot of people were upset by the whole midi-chlorian thing. I didn't really care, one way or the other. From what I gathered, they might not be the exact cause of a person being able to manipulate the force, but they at least had to be present in some number. The biological conclusion I came to was because they live inside the body which, by definition, makes it a biological thing...kinda...sort of. You get my drift...

Ushgarak
Yeah. The trick is they are a symptom of someone's tie to the Force rather than its cause. But that is complicated by the fact that a tie to the Force is meaningless unless they are there. That is where the confusion comes from. But they are not the cause, is the important bit.

Orlando
Hmmm, even more interesting...

Ushgarak
And of course that confusion led to people speculating whether you could give someone Jedi Powers by pumping Midi-chlorians into them, and whether you could Clone them, and if that was the plot of episode 2, and so on... one does sometimes suspect that GL is unprepared for the over-analysis of fans.

But know, they aren't the Force, they don't create the Force, they just exist in people who are strong with the Force and allow that person to communicate with the Force and so use that power.

finti
well the whole business of Anakin not having a father, he was conceived by MC`s just bugged the hell out of me.

Orlando
Yeah, when I saw TPM on opening night and heard that one I was...well...stunned, to say the least. I really didn't know what to say about it. My friends and I had what you might call a conference in the parking lot after the movie and none of us could figure that one out...

Ushgarak
Ah, it's only a basic Greco-Roman child-of-the-Gods thing.

finti
sucks still the same

Captain REX
AOTC is better than TPM. stick out tongue

lordvader
ok here is my 2cents (plese people be nice as its just my opinion).
I think Padame will not die because of the scene where Luke asks Leia about her REAL mother and Leia says just images, feelings, sad, now how can a 4 year old know this or younger if Padame dies for all we know Luke and Leia arent even born yet and if they are thier just babies. It just doesnt fit for Leia to know something about her mom if Padame dies so in my opinion i think Padame lives. Now as for who will get killed and by who well let me refresh your memory the Emperor and DARTH VADER hunt down and kill ALL the jedi so dont be suprised when DARTH VADER and the Emperor kill Dooku, Mace, and the other jedi. Not Anikan but Vader kill (hunt down and kill the jedi) oh and i think Dooku does not know about anikan /vader its a suprise to him when he finds out the emperor used him as bait.

Ushgarak
Yup, the Padme stuff has been well covered in other threads; I suggested it only as a 'maybe' here in the original list.

It's not as if Vader is going to kill every Jedi in person!

lordvader
In Star Wars A NewHope Obi-Wan tells luke

LUKE: how did my father die?

OBI-WAN: a jedi named darthvader who was a pupil of mine untill he turn to evil. He helped the Empire (which is after the clone wars) hunt down and kill the jedi knights, HE BETRAYED and murdered your father.

So the Clone wars our over and its been 2 or 3 years as you guys say in your posts, but you guys keep refering to Anakin(which we all know is DARTHVADER) but it is VADER who does the killing not ANAKIN. IT seems that Obi-Wan and Anakin fight and when Anakin loses he falls in some lava pit and that is why he has to wear that BLACK outfit and thats when Anakin dies and he becomes Vader. I guess what im trying to say is i dont think we will see Anakin (Christen Hayden) kill anyone but we will see Vader (voice of James Earl Jones) in his black suit kill all the jedi. ( Mace, Darth Taranus aka Count Dooku , and the other jedi). JUST MY OPINION.

Ushgarak
Yes, HELPED the Empire, not doing each one himself!

Dark Lord Djas
I think that alot of Jedi will be killed in an explosion of the Jedi Temple, done by the Empire of course.

Ushgarak
The so called "Temple Terrorist" theory, though that is a crap way for the Jedi to go.

lordvader
Let me ask all of you a ? and plz i hope you respond cause id like to know your opinion. I've heard rumors that (James Earl Jones only has 5min of voice time). And that the final fight is between anakin and obi-wan at the end of the movie. So by reading these rumors it sounds like to me that all the other jedi are dead before vader and obi-wan fight. If this is true how can anakin/vader have beaten Count dooku, mace windu, Plo koon and the other jedi but yet he loses to obi-wan. now just my opinion i dont care how many years went by 2 or 3 is not enough in my book for Obi-Wan to be stronger then Count Dooku Mace Windu that anakin could kill them but yet lose to obi-wan im not buying it something doesnt add up.

Ushgarak
It is probable that MOST Jedi die after episode III.

Obi-Wan IS very talented... but mabe he was just really on form for that fight! He also may have come a LONG way in the Clone Wars.

phinney6
Remember Leia talks about remembering her mother as very sad so maybe she retreats and becomes pare of the rebel army and dies somehow

finti
about Anakin vs Obi remember this is gonna be an emotional fight, even a great fighter might loose some focus when emotional. And for all we know the alleged thing about Anakin falling into the lava pit might be a slip, own choise , only time will tell. Dont underestimate Obis skill as a sword fighter he has more experience with the sword than Anakin.
Against Dooku Obi clinched swords with the Count pressing it away , only that the Count instead of fighting against the pressure obi had on his sword just let his sword go straight forward into Obis arm. A nice little trick

lordvader
maybe Mace Windo and Count Dooku and the other jedi were fighting more then 1. Say the Emperor/Anakin togethier fighting against just say 1 at a time (hunting them down individually). 2 on 1 then i guess Anakin /Vader thought/felt he could take on Obi-Wan by himself or something I dont know just speculating. I just WONT/cant belive that Anakin/Vader could take out Mace Windo, Count Dooku, Plo Koon and the other jedi by himself then lose to Obi-Wan. I like and maybe it will happen who knows (Lucas does lol) that Anakin fights Obi-Wan loses becomes DARTH VADER then hunts down the other Jedi and with the DARK SIDE of the FORCE now in him (VADER) Anakin is now FASTER STRONGER Quicker EASIER more EFFECTIVE.

finti
he aint quicker as Vader that is for sure

Star Wars Geek
Well, here's some speculation. Who do you thin kills whom in E3? We know Obi Wan beats Anakin in a duel, but, thats all we know for sure. Who kills Mace? Who Kills Dooku? Does Sidious/Palpatine open a can of whoop ass on the Jedi when he reveals himself?

Here's my thoughts:

I think Anakin kills Dooku. I think we are going to see a fight between Dooku and Anakin that is very similar to the Vader/Luke duel in ROTJ, where the emperor provokes Luke to fight. I think we will see this same scenario in E3, minus of course the father plot line. It seems like the most common sense answer in that Anakin will eventually take Dookus place.

Past that, I have NO CLue who will kill whom. I'd like to see your thoughts however

cookies2006
i think Mace will risk his life to save obi 1 by throwing anakin into the lava or fire.

Rogue Jedi
anakin vs. dooku. sounds feasible. the emperor goading anakin over to the dark side. when anakin gets a taste of its power, it is irresistable to him.

Altar[1stONE]
I just had an idea and it seems reasonable for cinema build up. Maybe lucas will give the audience a reapeating outcome , they will see anakin doing alot of saber fights. I think he will make the audience believe anakin is unbeateable. think about it , hes going to take out mace , maybe dooku , alot of jedi. By the next fight with obi , the audience will think anakin will win , but it will be obi. This , is already known by fans and who are really familiar with the movies. But for people who dont pay attention as much , this will be some kind of a movie trick for the noobie watchers of starwars. Just a thought , but im sure thats what lucas will do.

I have another prediction , we all know that anakin has scars on his head , maybe when he fights mace , mace will give him those famous scars , like the one on the back of his head and the one on his face. i can almost see it . (Play)

Mace - Anakin , you must stop this madness , you will never be forgiven for what you did to all my padawans.

Ani- ( anakin back towards mace , looking at a dead jedi)Hmph Master windu , your so sure of your self all the time , you really think your pathetic skills will take me out

Mace- I dont think , i forsee it.(ignites saber pointing towards anis head , slashs at the back)

Ani-turns in pain, aghhhhhhhhh

mace- slashes towards the right hitting anakins left cheek.

sk8stuff09
is queen amadila lukes mom? does she die in 3 or 4?

Rogue Jedi
yes, she is lukes mom . she will die, nobody knows how or when.

Darth Hater
we know he kills off all the jedi(cept for obie and yoda)

we wont see him kill every jedi thats left from the clone wars,but who will we see him kill on screen?

i think mace for sure

maybe dooku

padme?nah,no way...but that would be awesome because we would never see that coming.

Lyn
I can see him killing Mace Windu, actually I'd be rather shocked if it didn't happen. Perhaps Dooku, yeah I can see that.
But I would be devastated if he killed Padme!! sad

x-men
i think the only people there is for him to kill are dooku(but i think he kills him when he is anakin)the jedi e.g.ki adi,seasin tinn and all the other jedi and maybe a few clone troopers

Darth Hater
i personally wanna see vader take on the whole jedi council and slaughter them all(well,of course not yoda)

that would be really awesome.him takin on the council would definatly show he's the baddest mofo,galaxy...pshhh,in the universe.

maybe with the help of palp....but i think he could take em all on by himself with all the new powers he would gain from the darkside.that would be an epic battle.

also

i suggested earlier that he could kill padme...i really doubt it but it could happen.i mean,they have to seperate the twins and hide them from vader and palp.why not just leave them with their mother?maybe because they know that padme's life is in danger and she will be killed(possibly by vader) so they have to.i would think vader would confront padme and demand that she turn over his son(not knowing about the twins)and when she cant,darth(no longer anakin and no longer having the feelings he once did for her)kills padme.

that would truly show how much vader is on the darkside and explain why she is nowhere to be found in 4,5,& 6.

Captain REX
I don't think he could take on the WHOLE council at once, Darth. That would be REALLY difficult. I don't think that even Yoda could do that.

Darth Hater
yea,very true rex

that's why i said maybe with the help of palp.

but you got to realize that anakin/vader is the true and only child of the force.that and with his new darkside powers would make him unstoppable.

that being said,yoda has nothing on vader.vader is the best jedi ever.because he is the one and only child of the force.

i think vader and palp can def take on the council tho,even tho that prob would never happen

i just want episode 3 to be spectacular. big grin

Captain REX
If he is so unstoppable, how come Luke defeated him? stick out tongue

He's not going to be THAT powerful. He's pretty damn strong, but he's not going to be the most powerful Force user ever seen.

Darth Hater
actually,if it wasn't for vader,luke would be fried

IMO he is the most powerful force user ever

if not,who

and don't say luke,hehe

Rogue Jedi
yes, luke defeated vader in a lightsaber in ep.6.

Darth Hater
true

but vader is the one and only child of the force

i really dont see how anybody can be more powerful than the child of the force.

i think it was destined for him to be defeated by luke so he could bring the force back into balance

so luke isnt the most powerful

Rogue Jedi
luke is his son. he inherited all of his abilities. in addition to this, he had youth and stamina. this makes him the most powerful jedi ever.

Lyn
Anakin was the Chosen One, problem was, he turned.
Luckily, (from a certain point of view :laughsmile he and Padme left Luke and Leia behind.
Luke was the son of not only Anakin who had amazing abilities with the force but also of Padme, who was strong, determined, good.
Luke was a combination of these 2 amazing people, so that made him stronger than Anakin in the sense that he was not plagued by the anger and the pain. Luke fulfilled the prophecy his father was meant to.

Ushgarak
We don't know who is the more powerful one out of Anakin and Luke but Anakin IS the Chosen One, which gives him an edge.

Vader was a cripple; Luke beating him in a duel is no comment on Vader's powers.

In any case, the Emperor was more powerful than them both.

scifigunslinger
I wanna See Vader Kll Everybody.

SpikeSpiegel
I want to see Jar Jar Binks die, 'caus if i don't...

Rogue Jedi
vader was a cripple? whatever.....his cybernetic implants, if anything, should make him stronger than before and not hinder his movement. i dont see vader as a cripple. its not like he had handicap tags on hit tie fighter.

finti
Vader movement was crippled, see how Lukes jumps over him and stuff. Vader aint able to do those moves

Ushgarak
Lucas describes Vader as a cripple.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.