Odin versus H/P Doomsday in Pure Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
No magic is allowed.

No BFR.

Fight takes place on Asgard.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/4000/3507/109911-odin_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/10000/9989/100985-doomsday_400.jpg

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Master-Borg
No magic is allowed.
So... Odin is a slightly above regular Asgardian or somewhat?

You might as well throw Balder in here without the sword.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
So... Odin is a slightly above regular Asgardian or somewhat?

You might as well throw Balder in here without the sword.

Odin beat Thanos right? that's pretty impressive.

Odin gets his weapons. When I said no magic, I meant no matter manipulation or teleportation.

Mr. Slippyfist
Odin beat Thanos right? that's pretty impressive.

Odin gets his weapons. When I said no magic, I meant no matter manipulation or teleportation. With Magic. You know... Odinpower. The stuff that makes Odin a Skyfather.

Everything Odin does could be considered magic, as he's powered by the Odinforce.

Can he grow big? And what weapons does Odin use? Gungir doesn't seem too practical in this situation...

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
With Magic. You know... Odinpower. The stuff that makes Odin a Skyfather.

Everything Odin does could be considered magic, as he's powered by the Odinforce.

Can he grow big? And what weapons does Odin use? Gungir doesn't seem too practical in this situation...

He gets Odinpower...but this will be a PURE slugfest, so he can't use his magic for exotic abilities (teleport DD, or matter manipulation). He can grow bigger, since it would still be a slugfest.

Knowsbleed33
Gotta go H/P Doomsday in a pure slugfest.

cmack
doomsday, strength is unbelievable, much too strong

Priest
Odin, because this thread sucks no expression

h1a8
Odin is not even class 100.
This is spite.

WhiteWitchKing
Odin wins.

guy222
odin

Terryc250
Odin amps up his power, then punches him across countless galaxies

CaptainStoic
Odin wins this with ease, he can become a 1000 ft tall giant. Doomsday is impressive but he's not beating a being on Surturs level, ever.

Avlon
Doomsday ftw.

llagrok
So Odin is only allowed to amplify himself physically?

Originally posted by Avlon
Doomsday ftw.

Co-sign.

Dark-Jaxx
Since I don't get wtf the actual rules to this thread that pisses me off are, Superman Prime kicks both their asses.

h1a8
DD will kill Odin's non-class 100 ass before he can blink.
So get that he will amp up or grow taller crap outta here.

Erik-Lensherr
erm

Doomsday.

vlaaad12345
H/p doomsday wins eventually.

BatmanOfGotham
Odin.

h1a8
DD

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by llagrok
So Odin is only allowed to amplify himself physically?

Sounds like so. Guess Odin's going to have to use his galaxy crushing powers to amp his strength for this...hmmm, Doomsday gets the shit beat out of him.

King Kandy
Odin uses a galaxy crushing punch instead of a galaxy crushing energy blast. Same result, Doomsday gets WTFPWNED.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by King Kandy
Odin uses a galaxy crushing punch instead of a galaxy crushing energy blast. Same result, Doomsday gets WTFPWNED. except he can't...he struggled in a slugfest against Thanos

Priest
except he can't...he struggled in a slugfest against Thanos
He didn't struggle, u actually slapped him around like a punching bag no expression

norrinradd43
Odin

Dark-Jaxx
Odin uses a galaxy crushing punch instead of a galaxy crushing energy blast. Same result, Doomsday gets WTFPWNED. Never happened.

WhiteWitchKing
except he can't...he struggled in a slugfest against Thanos

LOL, Priest is right, go back and look, Odin pimp slapped Thanos.

Bouboumaster
Odin

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
DD will kill Odin's non-class 100 ass before he can blink.
So get that he will amp up or grow taller crap outta here.

This is the truth.
This is spite in favor of DD.

Mindset
This is the truth.
This is spite in favor of DD.

Not really, him not being class 100 doesn't affect his durability to take punches from Class 100's.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Not really, him not being class 100 doesn't affect his durability to take punches from Class 100's.

Yes really. DD fcks uber high class 100's up. Even if they have uber durability. Without his Odin force he's just a slightly above average asgardian. He won't get a chance to amp in this fight.

Mindset
Yes really. Without his Odin force he's just a slightly above average asgardian. He won't get a chance to amp in this fight.

He has his Odin Force, he just can't use it to blast him, his durability is still the same.

Kutulu
Yes really. DD fcks uber high class 100's up. Even if they have uber durability. Without his Odin force he's just a slightly above average asgardian. He won't get a chance to amp in this fight.

Apparently you don't understand how amping works in Marvel. Here's a clue: it's instantaneous when they feel they need it. Hulk amps up to hold billions of tons within a fraction of a second as needed, Odin amps up to a thousand feet tall instantly if he wants and can amp his strength and durability to galaxy busting levels instantly.

Utrigita
Have Odin ever showed that he can amp his strength to galaxy busting levels???

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Utrigita
Have Odin ever showed that he can amp his strength to galaxy busting levels??? Not that I have seen.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Utrigita
Have Odin ever showed that he can amp his strength to galaxy busting levels???

during his fight with Infinity he was snuffing out Galaxies, it showed pictures of his alter ego grabbing entire star systems using his hands.

When he was showing Thor the true potential of the Odinforce, he easily grew big enough to dwarf that solar system's sun and planets.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Kutulu
during his fight with Infinity he was snuffing out Galaxies, it showed pictures of his alter ego grabbing entire star systems using his hands.

When he was showing Thor the true potential of the Odinforce, he easily grew big enough to dwarf that solar system's sun and planets.

Which has been partial retconned into not being a part of Odin ore whatever I doesn't quiet get that story.

And there is no possibility of a illusion to show thor what he can accomplishe, It's like when Adam Warlock played with the Solar System when he had the IG, Doctor Strange was wondering if he grew big ore the planets was made smaller ore a third possibility I believe.

Rorschach
Odin wins if he's allowed to amp.

horrorwolf
Agreed...Odin amping would get H/P pwned in no time flat.

xJLxKing
First Round: Odin Wins
Second Round: Doomsday wins

King Kandy
Originally posted by xJLxKing
First Round: Odin Wins
Second Round: Doomsday wins
Nope.

Larceny
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/Odingalaxy1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/Odingalaxy2.jpg

Those planets are DD.

h1a8
Apparently you don't understand how amping works in Marvel. Here's a clue: it's instantaneous when they feel they need it. Hulk amps up to hold billions of tons within a fraction of a second as needed, Odin amps up to a thousand feet tall instantly if he wants and can amp his strength and durability to galaxy busting levels instantly.

No one in Marvel has ever significantly amped faster than a couple of seconds. DD is too fast for Odin to even blink. He hits the entire Justice League simultaneously before they can react.

h1a8
DD kills Odin before he can blink.

Dark-Jaxx
Didnj't Odin like...fly from one end of the universe to the next near instantly?

Larceny
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Didnj't Odin like...fly from one end of the universe to the next near instantly?

Yes.

Dark-Jaxx
Then how the hell is DD faster?

SevenShackles
Then how the hell is DD faster?

he isnt.
Odin ftw. smokin'

King Kandy
DD kills Odin before he can blink.
So basically you are claiming that Odin is less formidable of a foe then Superman and Waverider?

h1a8

No he didn't. The panel doesn't show this one bit.

h1a8
So basically you are claiming that Odin is less formidable of a foe then Superman and Waverider?

Without his Odinforce yes (with the exception of BFR).
Even with his magic (with the exception of a very low percentage BFR) Odin is dead meat here.

Kutulu
No he didn't. The panel doesn't show this one bit.

Are you seriously that anti-Marvel, or do you actually believe what you write?

If a DC character did the same thing your reaction would be totally different, but somehow because it's Marvel, he didn't do it? confused

dat_boi
odin would M.U.R.K. doomsday

h1a8
Are you seriously that anti-Marvel, or do you actually believe what you write?

If a DC character did the same thing your reaction would be totally different, but somehow because it's Marvel, he didn't do it? confused

I saw the feat before. And it in no way shows that Odin has the speed and reflexes to react to HP DD. HP DD would simply send a claw through Odin's brain at a speed that even Superman couldn't react. And it would go through him similarly to how it went through Superman's shoulder (like liquid).

Also it is many Marvel character's that I love.
For example,
Spiderman is my favorite of both companies.
Juggs is one of my favorites.
Captain America is one of my favorites.
etc.

Its just that I'm trained to look at things from not only a logical standpoint but based off strict rules. Even if it means that the character I like the most must lose.

TricksterPriest
Odin may get 1 or 2 wins. But that's it. I'm iffy on him getting 1 win period. erm

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Larceny
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/Odingalaxy1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/Odingalaxy2.jpg

Those planets are DD.

I wonder what lil tiny insignificant DD will do then. Let me amuse the DD party... say they are in the fight do they start like right next to each other because how the fu*k is DD gonna reach him before Odin wants to get big (he doesn't have to do this but like i said im amusing the DD fans) Looks like he gets big in a instance... so tell me how is DD going to beat that?

Kutulu
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I wonder what lil tiny insignificant DD will do then. Let me amuse the DD party... say they are in the fight do they start like right next to each other because how the fu*k is DD gonna reach him before Odin wants to get big (he doesn't have to do this but like i said im amusing the DD fans) Looks like he gets big in a instance... so tell me how is DD going to beat that?

He'll use his shooting claw knuckles! durznuts hanuts

Seriously folks - Odin can grow so big he dwarfs the Sun, which would put him at a level of billions of times more massive than a planet. Doomsday is 7 feet tall. Odin can obliterate galaxies and shake entire dimensions. It's a no-brainer here folks, Odin in a massive stomp 10/10.

Avlon
Hold on.....people were claiming WWH would beat Odin but now HP Doomsday can't?

LOL

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Avlon
Hold on.....people were claiming WWH would beat Odin but now HP Doomsday can't?

LOL

Im not caliming that WWh will not have a chance in hell either

King Kandy
Even with his magic (with the exception of a very low percentage BFR) Odin is dead meat here.
So you are claiming now that EVEN WITH the Odinforce, Odin cannot fight Doomsday? And that Odin<Superman and Waverider?

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Odin may get 1 or 2 wins. But that's it. I'm iffy on him getting 1 win period. erm
Yeah, I would imagine so. You tend to be iffy on any marvel characters winning.

h1a8
So you are claiming now that EVEN WITH the Odinforce, Odin cannot fight Doomsday? And that Odin<Superman and Waverider?

Waverider used a BFR tactic. This is the only way Odin has a chance.
Other than that he loses to HP DD (even with his Odin force).

Dark-Jaxx
Other than that he loses to HP DD (even with his Odin force). haermm

Unnatural-POWER

Wow.....

King Kandy
Dumbest thing you have ever said.

h1a8
Dumbest thing you have ever said.

I would say boldest.

Unnatural-POWER
I would say boldest.

You think Doomsday > Odin w/Odinforce ?

h1a8
smile

h1a8
Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
You think Doomsday > Odin w/Odinforce ?

If Odin gets a chance to BFR DD
then Odin>Doomsday

But if Odin can't BFR DD then
Doomsday>>>Odin w/Odinforce

Note:The notation ">>>" doesn't mean greater than but rather beats the hell out of.

Unnatural-POWER
then Odin>Doomsday

Note:The notation ">>>" doesn't mean greater than but rather beats the hell out of.

.....Okie Dokie.....

janus77
Odin wins easy. way too powerful and strong.

why is DD rated so highly?

vlaaad12345
O idk probably because this version couldnt be stoped till it was thrown into entropy at the end of time.

Larceny
then Odin>Doomsday

You're serious? no expression

Lord Feron
Odin is just a God or all Asgardian gods... nothing too really brag about "transporting the entire human race to an alternate dimension; compressing the population of an entire planet into a single being, the Mangog; taking a soul away from the arch-demon Mephisto; and, by greatly increasing his size and power, even destroying entire galaxies." those thing eh don't worry about what a freaking god can do to a kyrptonian experiment.... right... no expression Like how the freak did this retarded spite thread go on... like how is DD even in the same league as ODin they arent even playing the same god damn sport lol

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Larceny
You're serious? no expression

yeah i give up with the sheer idiocy of people, run away for fear the infection may spread!

King Kandy
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
O idk probably because this version couldnt be stoped till it was thrown into entropy at the end of time.
Um I think you mean this version couldn't be stopped by Superman and Waverider till it was thrown into entropy at the end of time. If Odin had been the one fighting him things would have been a lot different.

h1a8
Odin can barely hurt Thanos.
DD's durability>>>>>>>>>>Thanos's Durability

I don't care what Odin has done, he hasn't shown the ability to one-shot someone like DD. And if he doesn't one-shot him then DD evolves after each hit.

Kutulu

You're just dug yourself deeper. lmao

Larceny

I don't care what Odin has done, he hasn't shown the ability to one-shot someone like DD. And if he doesn't one-shot him then DD evolves after each hit.

no expression

Bad Ash231

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/1184623553099bd2.jpg

Mr. Slippyfist
I don't care what Odin has done, he hasn't shown the ability to one-shot someone like DD.

Heh...

Priest
Odin no expression

Mindset
h1a8 you're so smart. smile

h1a8
So do you all think that Thanos' durability exceeds HP DD?

abhilegend
Bump

Philosophía
I'm almost tempted to make a DoS DD vs Odin.

carver9
Mangog>>>Doomsday. Odin stomps with ease.

abhilegend
Even he would beat the shit out of Odin now.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Mangog>>>Doomsday. Odin stomps with ease.
How is Mangog above Doomsday?

carver9
It was outright said that Mangog is worse than the Phoenix Force. Then, he chewed the freaking Destroyer armor up as if it was nothing. Broke a hammer that had the power of a dead Universe and has basically tanked and walkedbthriugh everything that has been thrown at him. Also, his previous fts isn't excluded from the character. He is above Doomsday, plain and simple.

abhilegend
Are you sure these are enough to put him above Doomsday?

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Are you sure these are enough to put him above Doomsday?

Chewing up the Destroyer armor and being a worse threat than the Phoenix Force (and let's not forget his previous fts as well before being under Aaron). Yes, of course he is above Doomsday.

xJLxKing
Chewing up the Destroyer armor and being a worse threat than the Phoenix Force (and let's not forget his previous fts as well before being under Aaron). Yes, of course he is above Doomsday.
And if he loses to a Mangog? We will turn a blind eye?

abhilegend
Where is he said to be more powerful than Phoenix Force? Destroyer was weakened and its record against above herald level characters is seldom good.

What previous feats?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin obviously. Nothing has changed.

I bit my tongue on whether it was just a shit showing for Odin or if Mangog was intended to really be that uber and the latest issue clarified that. Mangog is intended to be more powerful than ever before. Beating the Destroyer, breaking Ultimate Mjolnir, beating Cul, scaring the shit out of Sorcerer Supreme Loki, nothing in Asgard being able to hurt him? He's like a roided out mini-Galactus running around and wrecking shit.

Also, Odin is weakened for some particular reason.

Where is he said to be more powerful than Phoenix Force? Destroyer was weakened and its record against above herald level characters is seldom good.

What previous feats?

A weakened Freya is still well above a regular human host.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin stomps.

Uh-huh.

How is it not a shit showing for Odin? He deals no damage at all to Mangog and gets his shit pushed in worse than Odinson.

Mangog was impaled by Heimdall, hurt by lightning from Odinson and bloodied by Freyja.

War Thor knocked his teeth out and Jane seems to do the same to him in the preview.

Superman wasn't even able to slow down Doomsday while he was hugely amped, Doomsday destroyed Darkseid like nothing, ripped apart Imperiex probes like tissue paper and even pre DOS took a guardian comming suicide with just a KO.

He is at least as strong as Mangog with far better durability.

Where is that suggested? Mangog was just mocking him.

And? Doomsday would rip Destroyer apart too. He treated a an amped Superman like nothing.

Mangog wishes he was that strong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Uh-huh.

How is it not a shit showing for Odin? He deals no damage at all to Mangog and gets his shit pushed in worse than Odinson.

Where is that suggested? Mangog was just mocking him.

And? Doomsday would rip Destroyer apart too. He treated a an amped Superman like nothing.

Mangog wishes he was that strong.

Because there is a huge asterisk to it, with Mangog being far more powerful than before and Odin being less. Yes, Odin stabbing Mangog with his spear and sword. That was his method of attack. You don't think that, with Mangog saying Odin wasn't what he once was, and Odin admitting his omnipotence isn't what it once was, could possibly be related?

A very specific type of mocking that was...

Also, Thor enduring the hits as well as he did? It's not a low showing for Odin. Mangog literally broke War Thor and could actually damage the Destroyer.

no expression

Mangog has been resurrected as the ultimate judgement of the Gods, ALL of them, in Omnipotence City. He was heralded as something that could not be stopped, that the Phoenix acknowledged as worse, and that nothing in Asgard, none of their weapons, are able to stop. Mangog was always a beast, but Aaron turned him into something even worse.

Damborgson
**** Aaron.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Mangog was impaled by Heimdall, hurt by lightning from Odinson and bloodied by Freyja.

War Thor knocked his teeth out and Jane seems to do the same to him in the preview.

Those attacks didn't slow Mangog down at all.....

Heimdall and Freya didn't even illicit a response. Thor's lightning is stupid powerful....

abhilegend
Because there is a huge asterisk to it, with Mangog being far more powerful than before and Odin being less. Yes, Odin stabbing Mangog with his spear and sword. That was his method of attack. You don't think that, with Mangog saying Odin wasn't what he once was, and Odin admitting his omnipotence isn't what it once was, could possibly be related?

No, I don't. That's just Mangog mocking Odin and Odin being an arrogant dick who thought he had mjolnir in control.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/37594996/The_Mighty_Thor_2015-_704-006.jpg.html

I guess Mangog is weaker as well. Odin said so after all.

Mangog punched War Thor like two dozen times and still didn't ko him.

Doomsday would rip Destroyer apart too. It's just a paper tiger now for anything above herald level.

Yeah, just like Doomsday which was the ultimate killer, who almost decimated GLC, destroyed Darkseid, destroyed Superman, destroyed JLA, destroyed Imperiex probes etc.

Neither of these are lacking in hyperboles.

Except Doomsday didn't have his teeth knocked out by War Thor and Jane. Or stabbed by Heimdall. Or screaming in pain from lightning.

abhilegend
Those attacks didn't slow Mangog down at all.....

Heimdall and Freya didn't even illicit a response. Thor's lightning is stupid powerful....
Except he was.

Doomsday waded through Superman's HV and Orion astro force like nothing.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111196008/4307251-1.jpg

Damborgson
The way I see it, here's why there's a distinction between the two statements.

Odin talking shit is easy to discern because he was even having trouble speaking when he said Mangog didn't hit as hard.

Mangog was relatively fresh when he wondered out loud if they weren't quite what he remembered. And while we have ample feats to support Mangog being stronger than usual, the same cannot be said for Odin who has appeared particularly weak under Aaron.

So you have a couple of statements, and some a few years of being particularly unimpressive for some reason, and Mangogs words make more sense.

But with Mangog, you have one statement, from a guy he was clearly beating the crap out of, then a whole bunch of strong feats. Those two are not equal. If one is,better supported, its that Odin isnt functioning at 100% for some reason.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson

Odin talking shit is easy to discern because he was even having trouble speaking when he said Mangog didn't hit as hard.

Mangog was relatively fresh when he wondered out loud if they weren't quite what he remembered. And while we have ample feats to support Mangog being stronger than usual, the same cannot be said for Odin who has appeared particularly weak under Aaron.

So you have a couple of statements, and some a few years of being particularly unimpressive for some reason, and Mangogs words make more sense.

But with Mangog, you have one statement, from a guy he was clearly beating the crap out of, then a whole bunch of strong feats. Those two are not equal. If one is,better supported, its that Odin isnt functioning at 100% for some reason.
thumb up

My guess.. Odin referenced "Fear". Cul may have corrupted him somehow??

Other guess is Surtur. His time with Surtur's energies from the not so distant past is phukkin with him.

Either way even he has lost influence on the hammer.

carver9
I need to understand why ABHI thinks Doomsday could damage the destroyer.

XLR87T3
Odin oneshots

HP DD is overrated anyways

abhilegend
I need to understand why ABHI thinks Doomsday could damage the destroyer.
Because he can. Originally posted by XLR87T3
Odin oneshots

HP DD is overrated anyways
You think Odin can oneshot Doomsday?

In h2h? Originally posted by Damborgson

Uh-huh. This ain't how it works.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up

My guess.. Odin referenced "Fear". Cul may have corrupted him somehow??

Other guess is Surtur. His time with Surtur's energies from the not so distant past is phukkin with him.

Either way even he has lost influence on the hammer.
So pure speculation, eh?

Damborgson
Uh-huh. This ain't how it works.

Well you're gonna have to elaborate, because I actually gave reasons.

Unless you do, you're just saying no. Which doesn't mean anything lol.

celeyhyga17

So pure speculation, eh?
Yes.
As to what caused his current state. Seems to be a recurring theme that Aaron keeps reminding us.

quanchi112

Unless you do, you're just saying no. Which doesn't mean anything lol. thumb up

abhilegend

Unless you do, you're just saying no. Which doesn't mean anything lol.
Mangog mocking Odin and Odinson as weakened when we know It Odinson isn't weakened isn't a proof of Odin actually being weakened.

Odin saying he isn't omnipotent as before because mjolnir refuses to obey him is Odin being an arrogant dick and trying to save face. He had troubles with mjolnir long before it became sentient. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yes.
As to what caused his current state. Seems to be a recurring theme that Aaron keeps reminding us.
Not reminding anything. It's just showing how arrogant Odin is and he needs to be humbled.

Damborgson
Mangog mocking Odin and Odinson as weakened when we know It Odinson isn't weakened isn't a proof of Odin actually being weakened.

Odin saying he isn't omnipotent as before because mjolnir refuses to obey him is Odin being an arrogant dick and trying to save face. He had troubles with mjolnir long before it became sentient.

But he is weakened. He's without Mjolnir. And once again, that statement of yours doesn't carry proof with it, it's just your interpretation, which has less to back it than mine does.

So pure speculation, eh?

^

abhilegend
But he is weakened. He's without Mjolnir. And once again, that statement of yours doesn't carry proof with it, it's just your interpretation, which has less to back it than mine does.

^
How is him being without mjolnir weakened him? I thought mjolnir was only to focus his powers. Or was Rage lying about that too?

mmm

It's not speculation. Unless Odin is shown to be weakened, he isn't.

Damborgson
How is him being without mjolnir weakened him? I thought mjolnir was only to focus his powers. Or was Rage lying about that too?

mmm

It's not speculation. Unless Odin is shown to be weakened, he isn't.

Because it's a reality warping weapon that significantly increases striking power. Therefore "not what he remembers".

Rage is Rage. I don't speak for him.

He has been. We've got two on panel suggestions that he's not what he was. Plus a few years of less than impressive feats to back it up.

You've got what, "no he wasn't." ?

SSJGGogeta
Even with all his powers available, Doomsday wins.

Doomsday is above Superman, and revives every time he dies, unable to be killed the same way again.

Odin's only way to win here is by bfr, which isn't allowed.

abhilegend
Because it's a reality warping weapon that significantly increases striking power. Therefore "not what he remembers".

Rage is Rage. I don't speak for him.

He has been. We've got two on panel suggestions that he's not what he was. Plus a few years of less than impressive feats to back it up.

You've got what, "no he wasn't." ?
But removing it does not decrease his power.

There is no reason given for Odin to be Depowered. Hence like Odins statement regarding Mangog it is discarded.

Damborgson
But removing it does not decrease his power.

There is no reason given for Odin to be Depowered. Hence like Odins statement regarding Mangog it is discarded.

I know what you mean, but you can see how not being hit with a reality warping weapon would lead Mangog to question what happened right?

There's now enough evidence to suggest otherwise though. /shrug I can't convince you either way, but it is what it is. There's actually more to suggest now that he is than that of him being at full capacity. Maybe it'll blow over, maybe it'll be made perfectly clear that Odin was the same old Odin, but for now, it doesn't look that way.

abhilegend
Mjolnir warps reality now?

Fair enough.

Damborgson
Mjolnir warps reality now?

Fair enough.

At its more exotic levels, to a lesser extent.

thumb up

abhilegend
Like what? And where did Thor used it like that against Mangog?

h1a8
I need to understand why ABHI thinks Doomsday could damage the destroyer. Because he could damage an amped Superman with absolute ease. His claw penetrated Superman as if he was made of liquid gel. He nearly killed Darkseid in a matter of several blows.

Destroyer is most likely more durable than Superman. But not by very much since we go by feats.

DarkSaint85
Also, Destroyer was powered by a sickly, dying goddess.

Let's not share feats here. What the Destroyer has done in the past is moot.

leonidas
geezus, really abhi? thor w/hammer vs thor w/axe. start a thread and see who wins....

clearly he is less of a threat when he doesn't have the hammer--even more so than normally may have been the case given the more recent revelations and showings by the hammer.

as for odin--could his weakness (and he clearly does seem weaker) be somehow related to asgardia? asgard is also far from what it once was. i mean the imperial guard walked in a phukked their sh!t up. i dunno, just thinking out loud. /shrug

LordofBrooklyn
When was the last time Odin went into the Odin Sleep?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Is there something that states the user amps the Destroyer durability?

DarkSaint85
Is there something that states the user amps the Destroyer durability?

Mangog states thst there is a weakness in the Destroyer. Let's not share feats.

What feats does Freyja powered Destroyer Have?

Damborgson
Like what? And where did Thor used it like that against Mangog?

He's fractured reality with a hammer shot.

I'm not sure you ubderstand the point though.

Damborgson

Why? It doesn't matter that the writers don't come to a consensus about it this is how the destroyer works, and the fact is that compared to a mortal soul, Freya, use her name, would have given it a lot more to work with.

Even hostless, or powered by disposable Asgardians, the destroyer could beat the shit out of Gladiator under Aaron, Freya would have given it a lot more to work with.

Rage.Of.Olympus

A sick Freya is still far superior to a regular Asgardian, much less a human host.

The Destroyer might not have been operating at full potential, but even an emptier shell beat the shit out of the Imperial Guard and mortal hosts have raped Thor, Hulk etc.

DarkSaint85
Why? It doesn't matter that the writers don't come to a consensus about it this is how the destroyer works, and the fact is that compared to a mortal soul, Freya, use her name, would have given it a lot more to work with.

Even hostless, or powered by disposable Asgardians, the destroyer could beat the shit out of Gladiator under Aaron, Freya would have given it a lot more to work with.

Would she? And I HAVE used her name too thumb up

How many Asgardians or mortals is Freya equal to? Mangog likened it to dying.

I'm nowhere near as fast or as strong as a horse, but a dying one? Sure. I bet I can outrun a dying horse. I could probably beat the deal out of Muhammad Ali when he was dying too.

Probably.

celeyhyga17
Destroyer is a monster even under weaker hosts. Always thought that it was on par with Mangog. Weakened Freya was an out for Mangog to beat such a monster. If Mango won through attrition and forced her soul out of the armor, that would have been ok. But the way he beat it by crunching it's arm off like it was tin foil, that showed me Mango was operating at crazy levels.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Destroyer is a monster even under weaker hosts. Always thought that it was on par with Mangog. Weakened Freya was an out for Mangog to beat such a monster. If Mango won through attrition and forced her soul out of the armor, that would have been ok. But the way he beat it by crunching it's arm off like it was tin foil, that showed me Mango was operating at crazy levels.
And when Jane beats the shit out of Mangog in 705-706, can we just agree that Odin and destroyer were lowballed by one specific writer?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by xJLxKing
And when Jane beats the shit out of Mangog in 705-706, can we just agree that Odin and destroyer were lowballed by one specific writer?
Hehehe.

Maybe.
Btw u were right. Odin is currently not operating at standard levels. Aaron has brought it up multiple times now. I remember u had said so in some other thread while I chalked it up to low showings. Something is up with him.

Damborgson
Would she? And I HAVE used her name too thumb up

How many Asgardians or mortals is Freya equal to? Mangog likened it to dying.

I'm nowhere near as fast or as strong as a horse, but a dying one? Sure. I bet I can outrun a dying horse. I could probably beat the deal out of Muhammad Ali when he was dying too.

Probably.

erm she one shot the demon possesion out of Thor and killed Karnilla. Do you think she'll bring more to the table than a mortal?

Also okay, its just an important distinction because she's not just any goddess.

Depends what you mean by dying. Mangog said what he said, but Freya was recovering, not dying anymore. And while your examples would hold true in the street category, these are levels of power far beyond the scope of us. So good example but not really applicable in this case.

The fact remains, the destroyer is powered by souls. And in the same comic , it was said to have become stronger over time. Then factor in that even a weakened Freya is a significant boost, and Mangog beating it just became very impressive. Especially considering what the destroyer was doing with weaker souls/hostless.

DarkSaint85
Didn't it just say it was burning through souls at a faster rate, not that it was more powerful?

And yeah. Agree on the street levels.

But it's about soul power, brother. So the soul of say a 'street leveller' (Cap) would potentially be more powerful than that of a god (Loki).

I can't prove this of course. But crucially,nobody can. How powerful was Freyjas dying soul? No idea. We can't just power scale though, and share feats.
Is the will power of a dying human GL (Hal) stronger than a sentient planet(Mogo)? Maybe? Who knows.

It's all abstract at this point. Trying to assign a scale to it won't work, that's my point.

We can't say 'look at the Destroyers feats with a no name Asgardian', 'One Freyja is equal to 100 Asgardian', a dying Freyja is equal to 10, so let's power scale and use the fight with Glads, and multiply by 10'.

That's essentially what you're saying.

leonidas

leonidas
the destroyer has never to my knowledge really fluctuated very widely in power regardless of the host. historically it's always been pretty beastly. lots of thing in the thor mythos has seemingly been turned on its head a bit recently though, so, who knows. odin powered destroyer is somewhat different since it also gains the odin power, and the celestial destroyer was empowered by all the pantheons. even human hosts that have powered the armor have been greater than thor. again, maybe recently a distinction has been trying to be made, but i don't THINK in the past it mattered--the armor was powerful, regardless.

in fact, wasn't there an arc were no one even knew who was powering it? the armor didn't seem more powerful to anyone even though i think it may have been thor (or loki) who was proven to be powering it.... maybe. embarrasment

carver9
@JL King

Or that could mean that Jane is a beast. Do you do this with all characters or is it just Mangog and Jane? Who would win a fight out of OWAW Superman (non Sundipped) vs Silver Surfer, and why?

carver9
Lol... Darksaint is trying hard.

DarkSaint85
Carver do you just do this with the Destoryer or do you do it with all characters?

Does Hal share feats with all GLs? Do they all get the feats of Hal and Kyle etc?

If not, why do we share feats with Destroyer?

carver9
Carver do you just do this with the Destoryer or do you do it with all characters?

Does Hal share feats with all GLs? Do they all get the feats of Hal and Kyle etc?

If not, why do we share feats with Destroyer?

I'm asking you for scans that proves the Destroyer armor change depending on who the host is. This is a simple question.

DarkSaint85
I'm asking you for scans that proves the Destroyer armor change depending on who the host is. This is a simple question.

Mangog specifically says it had a weakness and he took advantage of it.

Clear as day.

carver9
Mangog specifically says it had a weakness and he took advantage of it.

Clear as day.

So there's no proof that the Destroyer durability change depending on the host? It's simple.

DarkSaint85

My original post, which YOU, Carver, attempted to twist.

Please point where I said durability is lesser?

It was weakened by it's host being sh1t. Clear as day.

xJLxKing

xJLxKing
Hehehe.

Maybe.
Btw u were right. Odin is currently not operating at standard levels. Aaron has brought it up multiple times now. I remember u had said so in some other thread while I chalked it up to low showings. Something is up with him.
He admitted it?
I hope he does come with a nice story explanation like sickness or something

But yes I have the inside info on all things Marvel from a CI

celeyhyga17
A few times now.

abhilegend
He's fractured reality with a hammer shot.

I'm not sure you ubderstand the point though.
So has Superman. Are we supposed to think Superman has reality warping powers now?

Of course I do. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hehehe.

Maybe.
He hasn't shown anything to confirm Odin is weaker. Just mocking from Mangog and bitching from Odin about how he can't control mjolnir.

abhilegend
A few times now.
No, he hasn't.

celeyhyga17
1st Thor Jane series - Odin is dumbfounded as to why he can no longer control Mjolnir much less lift it.

1st Thor Jane series - Odin tells Cul his omnipotence is not as it once was. He then commands Cul to use the Destroyer to fetch Mjolnir for him.

Loki Agent of Asgard - Freya asks for Odin to use the "Odinforce" during another one of their Ragnaroks. Odin is unable to make it happen.

2nd Thor Jane series - Mangog claims he is not quite the All-father that he remembers.

All signs point yes.

While your reasoning is basically... Nonexistent.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>