Hand-to-Hand Combat!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
Who is the best hand to hand combatant?

Gideon
Are you referring to skill or strength? Vader has the advantage of a potent connection to the Force (allowing him to enhance his physical abilities) as well as considerable strength from his mechanical limbs. In terms of acquired ability and skill? Darth Maul or Mace Windu would likely be the winners.

skywalker833
what i mean is if these people fought eachother, who would come out on top.

darthsith19
Kar Vastor is the best. He pwnd Mace Windu.

Gideon
Originally posted by skywalker833
what i mean is if these people fought eachother, who would come out on top.

That's very difficult to say, even moreso than hypothetical lightsaber duels and Force fights; Maul is a ferociously trained martial artist who has "pushed his physical and Force-assisted abilities to the utmost" (Complete Visual Dictionary) to the point that he was able to wipe his ass with four remarkably talented fighter droids, unarmed, in about sixty seconds and dismember the hordes of the most powerful crime syndicate in the galaxy, Black Sun. Mace Windu has overcome a contingent of battle droids and super battle droids (as well as seismic tank, if I recall) with his bare hands. Vader possesses extreme physical strength and a stronger connection to the Force than either Windu or Maul (and would so be able to enhance his physical attributes further) but decisively lacks their physical conditioning and background in martial arts.

skywalker833
In episode II, in obi wans fight against fett, he showed us that he has a ton of skill in hand to hand combat. Mace is strong and pwned some noobs in shatterpoint, maul is skilled in martial arts, anakin posseses a mix of strength and fighting skill. "Hard to tell, the future is."

Gideon
Originally posted by skywalker833
In episode II, in obi wans fight against fett, he showed us that he has a ton of skill in hand to hand combat. Mace is strong and pwned some noobs in shatterpoint, maul is skilled in martial arts, anakin posseses a mix of strength and fighting skill. "Hard to tell, the future is."

I need to go rewatch Jango versus Obi-Wan. Does he win out of virtue of enhanced Force ability or actual demonstration of field tactics and martial arts?

skywalker833
Actually, I just watched it acouple days ago, and he actually shows great skill. I forgot how good he was.

darthsith19
Jango's good, but he wouldn't last long against the top Jedi for hand-to-hand combat. Mace, Kar Vastor, Maul, Iron Hand (the order's hnad-to-hand combat instructor) would all make short work of Jango. As far as I am aware, Kenobi has never been called a master of hand-to-hand combat.

Gideon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIOq5WMd5Uo

The guy who posted that added in some different music but you can see the fight at least.

skywalker833
I never said he was a master, I said he showed skill in hand to hand combat.

darthsith19
Okay. I was just saying why he wouldn't win though, you should have put Kar Vastor up on that list instead of Jango. But, you said you haven't read Shatterpoit yet, right? So, you wouldn't know who he is.

skywalker833
Actually I'm reading it right now. I read the part where he beat the crap out of the militia while naked.

darthsith19
That part was good.

Gideon
Maul, Windu, or Vader would manhandle Obi-Wan.

Light_Sith
Not the skywalkers.

Not Dooku.

Not Kenobi or Fett.

Not Jade.

IKP
Darth Bane would take any of them.

MadMel
what a suprise...

IKP
Be quiet. Orbalisks + exceptional Force ability, and he'd take down anyone here.

skywalker833
Are you obsessed with him? And again, are you bane's girlfriend?

truejedi
Originally posted by darthsith19
Jango's good, but he wouldn't last long against the top Jedi for hand-to-hand combat. Mace, Kar Vastor, Maul, Iron Hand (the order's hnad-to-hand combat instructor) would all make short work of Jango. As far as I am aware, Kenobi has never been called a master of hand-to-hand combat.

Gideon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIOq5WMd5Uo

The guy who posted that added in some different music but you can see the fight at least.

just watched that: seemed like Kenobi was getting it handed to him to be honest. He had a good flying kick, that was about it.

Light_Sith
The only way to beat Bane with his armour would be to make him tap out.

I don't see him doing that (this is Star Wars and he is a Lord of the Sith).

He is about to get my vote.

Edit: But he is not listed mad

Light_Sith
In that case it is between Maul, Vader and Mace.

Maul is too strong and talented for Mace, and Vader has a life support box on his chest.

Maul it is.

Gideon
Originally posted by IKP
Be quiet. Orbalisks + exceptional Force ability, and he'd take down anyone here.

Vader possesses a greater connection to the Force than Bane, as previously established. Likewise, can you prove that the strength afforded to him by the orbalisks would be enough to rival Vader's mechanical implants?

Furthermore, Windu was able to obliterate a contingent of super battle droids on Dantooine and Maul was able to destroy the ranks of Black Sun after he "pushed his physical and Force assisted abilities to the utmost". Bane lacks anything approaching their technique and ability.

Vader, Windu, or Maul would manhandle him, tear him apart, consume him, shit him back out in a bucket, and ship it back to Korriban where the contents are used as fertilizer.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Gideon
Vader possesses a greater connection to the Force than Bane, as previously established. Likewise, can you prove that the strength afforded to him by the orbalisks would be enough to rival Vader's mechanical implants?

I thought it was stated in the DSSB that bane was physically the strongest sith? I think that came from zephiel.

Gideon
Originally posted by Ivalice
I thought it was stated in the DSSB that bane was physically the strongest sith? I think that came from zephiel.

I was sent a copy of the DSSB on adobe reader. If it says that, Nebaris might have a point.

xxxpoppunker182
wait who said bane even has his orbalisks on i mean he lost them in Ro2 right

Light_Sith
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182

Nobody.

But he was not in the poll.

I would have went with an orbalisk Bane though.

IKP
Originally posted by Gideon
Vader possesses a greater connection to the Force than Bane, as previously established.

1. Exactly where and when was this "established?" Based on the fact that Bane is already leagues beyond Vader (as is evident by his planetary level Force showings) with far less experience and training under his belt, I fail to see how you can arrive at such a conclusion.

2. As you did in our last debate (which you've yet to respond to), you're forming conclusions whilst only taking potential into consideration, which as a factor is completely irrelevant until you can substantiate how much of it has been realised.

1. Given the orbalisks' invulnerable nature, which applies to physical attacks as well as to energy, it's pretty clear that they're made out of some pretty hard stuff. Aside from that, the orbalisks pump substantial amounts of adrenaline and darkside energies into Bane, further adding to how much stronger the armour as a whole makes him. Factor in Bane's considerable physical conditioning even without the orbalisk armour (where he's described as a "mountain of muscle"wink, as well as the vast superiority in Force ability (I don't care if you disagree, I've already successfully argued the case in the recent past, and briefly in this thread, and it's the only valid conclusion that someone could arrive at) which can be applied with enhancing Bane's strength, and I'd say, taking everything into consideration, Bane is, as a whole, easily stronger than Vader.

The DSSB stats say as much, and according to LFL, the stats are based on established canon, and are intended to act as a valid device to form comparisons between different subjects (as can be seen here).

2. Ignoring all of that anyways, the main attribute of the orbalisks, which you appear to have ignored, is not how strong they make Bane, but how durable they make him. For all intents and purposes, they make Bane's entire body invulnerable (seeing as this is hand-to-hand combat we're dealing with here, and their only weakness is Force lightning), meaning the only way anyone here can ever harm Bane is through one minuscule (in comparison to their entire bodies) area: his head.

Using mostly his Force powers, yes, and the few instances where he used his bare hands, it's highly possible that he was using his Shatterpoint ability (which wouldn't be applicable against Bane's orbalisks, seeing as how they're invulnerable to any kind of damage with the exception of Force lightning, and thus, canonically, possess no other weakness that Mace's Shatterpoint would be able to exploit).

With the help of his lightsaber, yes.

Which means his body became as physically conditioned as it was ever going to be, and he reached his full potential in using the Force to enhance his physical capabilities.

Impressive, but as evidence, only tells us how good he became in relation to his full capabilities.

I fail to see how, alone, it compares to someone who:

a) Was extremely physically conditioned himself, being described as a "mountain of muscle."

b) Is so far beyond him in Force ability that Maul looks like a non-force-sensitive new born female in comparison.

c) Receives substantial doses of adrenaline and darkside energies, both of which add to his physical capabilities.

d) Is covered in armour that's immune to any form of physical damage.

Really, I'm genuinely quite shocked at how poor your points have been.

You take worthless pieces of evidence and try to put them on a pedestal, forming conclusions that only truly reflect on your skewed personal opinion.

As you say on the constant, "Raise your game or get the hell out of the court."

Which is an argument from personal belief.

Substantiate that stuff you mentioned, and then get back to me.

Or... Bane uses his time freezing speed to run circles around them, they all get dizzy and lose consciousness (with the exception of Vader who, by that point in time, is in the middle of having a heart attack), and Bomo Greenbark (the Nosaurian Gangster featured in the Dark Times series of comics who officially puts the B into Badman) randomly turns up out of nowhere and declares Bane the winner by KO .

IKP
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182

By that logic, who says Mace, Maul, or Vader are even allowed in this thread; aren't they all dead at this point in time?

IKP
By the way LS, the only material other than Karpyshyn's Bane duology that Bane appears in has mostly been retconned and redone, so they're not really worth the read. If you haven't read any of the material on Ulic Quel-Droma though, I'd highly recommend that stuff (The Tales of the Jedi series of comics, the exact names, IIRC, being "Knights of the Old Republic," "The Freedon Nadd Uprising," "Dark Lords of the Sith," "The Sith Wars," and "Redemption."wink. He's basically the EU's version of Anakin Skywalker, and his story is one of the more interesting ones.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by IKP
By the way LS, the only material other than Karpyshyn's Bane duology that Bane appears in has mostly been retconned and redone, so they're not really worth the read. If you haven't read any of the material on Ulic Quel-Droma though, I'd highly recommend that stuff (The Tales of the Jedi series of comics, the exact names, IIRC, being "Knights of the Old Republic," "The Freedon Nadd Uprising," "Dark Lords of the Sith," "The Sith Wars," and "Redemption."wink. He's basically the EU's version of Anakin Skywalker, and his story is one of the more interesting ones.

Thanks.

I'll probably read about DE sidious to see what all the fuss is about smile

darthsith19
I agree that Bane with Orbalisks would win. If his armor can really block a lightsaber, it would block any punches or kicks that Maul, Vader or Mace throw at him. Plus, he's strong as hell, and the Orbalisks are constantly pumping adrenaline into his body.

Elite Hunter
The only other weakness (if you can call it that) that the orbalisk armor has I believe is at/or around wrists/hands and possibly around the shins(not to sure though) other than that the only other part of the body that is not covered with orbalisk armor is his face which he wears a mask to protect the orbalisk from suffocating him though I'm fairly positive nothing said that it was lightsaber resistant.

Master_Starbuck
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I saw this and couldn't resist.

You all do know that Kar Vastor is actually more deadly in hand-to-hand combat than any of those people right?

He kicked the crap out of Mace and choked him out.

That being said, even Bane would be killed by him.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Master_Starbuck
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I saw this and couldn't resist.

You all do know that Kar Vastor is actually more deadly in hand-to-hand combat than any of those people right?

He kicked the crap out of Mace and choked him out.

That being said, even Bane would be killed by him.

Originally posted by darthsith19
Kar Vastor is the best. He pwnd Mace Windu.
To bad he wasn't on the list.

His best bet vs Bane would to go for the head which is the biggest part of the body not covered by orbalisks.

Master_Starbuck
Yep, he would have definantly won.

skywalker833
I don't know, even though he is better than mace, he still had a tough fight.

darthsith19
Durge might be able to beat Kar Vastor in hand-to-hand combat.

skywalker833
Yeah, In Clone Wars volume 7, he beat the crap out of kenobi. (Of course kenobi was just hit by an explosion)

Lt. Valerian
Durge, Kar Vastor, Maul, Vader and Mace are probably the best hand-to-hand combatants, but out of those five, Vastor and Durge would probably kick the crap out of everyone else.

Master_Starbuck
Actually guys, that is true, I mean Durge was a Gen'Dai after all, so how do you beat a Gen'Dai to death?

Yeah, a fight between he and Vastor would be the fist-fight of the century.

Faunus
Durge would win a slugfest with any of these characters, assuming no offensive Force usage. A guy who recovers from being dismembered and decapitated, being blows up from the inside, getting submerged in lava, and having a few dozen mines blown up in his face is not getting taken down by punches and kicks.

skywalker833
OK guys, lets stay on the topic, we are talking about the combatants that are on the poll.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.