The Sequel thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
This may already exist, if it does, please close smile

What are your favorite sequels? Which sequels have best expanded the original story? Which sequels are better than the original movie? What movie do you believe deserves a sequel and which sequels should never have been made?

My favorite sequel which i feel rivals the first and expands on the story flawlessly, is Aliens. I cant think of a better sequel.

I would like to see a sequel to Constantine. I think that was a fine movie which has much potential.

To many bad sequels for me to choose from. So, i will choose the very first three sequels that disappointed me. Ninja turtles 2&3 and Robocop 2. As a child these were some of the first sequels that i had experienced. I was so disappointed with these three movies. I thought they were and still are complete garbage sad

Wolfie
Improved on the original:
Evil Dead 2, Terminator 2, X2: X-Men United, Desperado

Lived up to the original:
Aliens, Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, really, I could go on a lot further 'cause I like sequels

ragesRemorse
deperado and evil dead 2, yeah, those sequels, in my opinion, Are probably better that than the first.

SpecialPete
Some good sequels are:
Star Trek II - Wrath of Khan, Mad Max II,

I would like to see a sequel to Fight Club.
more Tyler Durden...more Project Mayhem....and more soap

sithsaber408
The Godfather: part II. Easily better than the first.

And for a rarity: Revenge of the Sith was the third film in a trilogy and better than the two films before it.

SpecialPete
Originally posted by sithsaber408
The Godfather: part II. Easily better than the first.

And for a rarity: Revenge of the Sith was the third film in a trilogy and better than the two films before it.

I am not sure if that says more about Revenge of the Sith being really good OR the other two being shit???

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by SpecialPete
I would like to see a sequel to Fight Club.
more Tyler Durden...more Project Mayhem....and more soap

I hope you're joking, because that would be terrible beyond belief.

yearofthebat
I thought Predator 2 was pretty good, Gary Busey aside... but he added his own element to the movie.

Phat_Crabs
My favrits sequilz iz wuts dat movie wit Jackie Chan and Crhis Tucker? Yea, that one part two.

ScarletSpeed
The Godfather 2 was the best in the trilogysmile
All the Rocky sequels other than 5 were goodsmile

Mr Parker
my favorite sequal is Empire strikes back.I think that movie rivals the first and expands the sequal flawlessly.I go back and forth all the time on which star wars movie I like the best between empire and the original star wars movie that got it all started a new hope.I also think agree with what sithsaber said that Revenge of the sith was the better for the 3 films in that trilogy which like he said,is a rarity.and also with what he said that godfather 2 was better than the orginal.

I dont think TERMINATER TWO was better than the first but it certainly lived up to the orginal and is just as good as the first one.same with superman 2.I also think the harry potter movies and the lord of the rings sequals lived up to the original.The first 3 Rocky films were great but rocky 4 and rocky 5 sucked.glad they made Rocky Balboa.It was much better than those crapfest movies.

exanda kane
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I hope you're joking, because that would be terrible beyond belief.

Aye, if Fight Club struggles in its last half, imagine how a sequel would fare.

MildPossession
a sequel to Fight Club, ha ha ha ha. NO.

smoker4
Think Wrath of Khan has already been mentioned, Superman 2 (Donner cut anyway), Blade 2, day watch and i liked the second Bourne film over Indentiy.

As for ones that blew chunks, off the top of my head: matrix reloaded, saw 2, bad boys 2, bttf 2, etc...

jaden101
rise of the silver surfer was better than FF1 but that's not really saying much is it?

cube zero was infinite better than cube 2...but then so was cube

as for ones that were alot worse

daywatch
28 weeks later

both of them were total steamers

Impediment
Empire Strikes Back, Godfather II, Evil Dead 2.

BruceSkywalker
I loved Godfather 2, Empire Strikes Back, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan. Spidey 2 and X2

ScarletSpeed
Terminator 2 smile

nyko
Godfather 2 for actual sequal.
Oldboy for the 2nd film in Park Chan-wook's vengeance trilogy,
and The Rules of Attraction for prequal to American Psycho, but was actually made after so is a sequal? messed confusing.

The cube films are all equally awesome, but only one has Quentin in it :P

and yeah 28 weeks later blew compared to the first.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by jaden101
rise of the silver surfer was better than FF1 but that's not really saying much is it?

cube zero was infinite better than cube 2...but then so was cube

as for ones that were alot worse

daywatch
28 weeks later

both of them were total steamers

really, why didn't you like daywatch or 28 weeks lateR?

nyko
It was far too hollywood for me compared to the original. I know that it was intended to some extent as that was the theme going with the film as the americans were taking over the operations etc, but it just wasn't as gritty as the original and the main girl in it seemed poorly cast.

Mr Parker
another film i thought if is Pirates of the caribbean,first one was great,the last two sucked though.they should have just left it at that with the first one.The first one was so great though that they couldnt resist the urge.

ditto
I'd like to see sequels to Dredd, I Am Number Four, and Kung Fu Hustle.

Darth Martin
The Godfather 2
Blade II
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Aliens
T2

Just to name a few.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The Godfather 2
Blade II
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Aliens
T2

Just to name a few.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.