The Legend of Zelda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mairuzu
mQMhnedh8jY

Mairuzu
April fools stick out tongue

edit: woulda been nice

sadwalk

jaden101
anyone who fell for it is clearly a spastic

Mairuzu
I knew it was a joke before i even seen the trailer hmm

regardless...

it would make a great movie

jaden101
no...it wouldn't..people need to stop thinking that it would

the games are good because of what you can do in them...little side quests....daft archery games and horse racing...fishing...

the balance between the dungeons and the exploration of the outside world

none of that could translate to a film...it would simply end up being a cheesy good v evil/ save the princess shit film

you could put maybe one boss battle in it because anymore other than ganon would be repetative

you could some information gathering in markets or at strange locations like the witches shop

you could introduce the kokiri...the owl as a guide and maybe the wise sword master from wind waker as link trains up to fight ganon

but thats about it...you'd lose massive amounts of what makes the games so brilliant

Mairuzu
k

Schecter
here it is:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/863/863492p1.html

yes, its an april fools joke, but WOW what dedication

Schecter
aww shit. didnt see this thread

Schecter
oops. didnt realize there was another thread. please close.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Schecter
aww shit. didnt see this thread lol despite being like 1 spot down stick out tongue

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by jaden101
no...it wouldn't..people need to stop thinking that it would

the games are good because of what you can do in them...little side quests....daft archery games and horse racing...fishing...

the balance between the dungeons and the exploration of the outside world

none of that could translate to a film...it would simply end up being a cheesy good v evil/ save the princess shit film

you could put maybe one boss battle in it because anymore other than ganon would be repetative

you could some information gathering in markets or at strange locations like the witches shop

you could introduce the kokiri...the owl as a guide and maybe the wise sword master from wind waker as link trains up to fight ganon

but thats about it...you'd lose massive amounts of what makes the games so brilliant

I disagree to an extent. While A Zelda movie could never be the greatest film ever. If they have a few boss fights it could translate to a pretty good fantasy/action film. I have faith that if they ever did release a film it would be good. The April fools trailer actually could have been a decent movie had the CG been better and if Ganondorf and all the other characters looked alot better. But it shows that the concept could be translated to film. It would just need an enormous budget...lol

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I disagree to an extent. While A Zelda movie could never be the greatest film ever. If they have a few boss fights it could translate to a pretty good fantasy/action film. I have faith that if they ever did release a film it would be good. The April fools trailer actually could have been a decent movie had the CG been better and if Ganondorf and all the other characters looked alot better. But it shows that the concept could be translated to film. It would just need an enormous budget...lol bleh

who cares, hes just stating his opinion, mine on the other hand would agree with yours... it would be pretty awesome

i think its kinds stupid that he wants people to stop thinking it would be a dumb idea

wtf is up with that lol?

jaden101
Originally posted by Mairuzu
bleh

who cares, hes just stating his opinion, mine on the other hand would agree with yours... it would be pretty awesome

i think its kinds stupid that he wants people to stop thinking it would be a dumb idea

wtf is up with that lol?

i dont want people to stop thinking it will be a DUMB idea...i want people to stop thinking it will be a good idea

the more people think it will be a good idea...the more chance it has of eventually happening...and the fact is...it'll be a total **** up

miyamoto in time magazine

V
V

Micheal_Myers
i dont want people to stop thinking it will be a DUMB idea...i want people to stop thinking it will be a good idea

the more people think it will be a good idea...the more chance it has of eventually happening...and the fact is...it'll be a total **** up

miyamoto in time magazine

V
V

You dont know if it'll be a **** up or not until it happens. **** up or not...it'll probably happen one day.

Mairuzu

V
V oh wow! that makes sense! roll eyes (sarcastic)

jaden101
You dont know if it'll be a **** up or not until it happens. **** up or not...it'll probably happen one day.

trust me...i know these things

if it happens...and it's good i'll eat a hat...not just any hat though

this hat

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/aboriginalplanet/750/site/images/archives/october2003/photos/new_york_washington_067.jpg

i just think all the stuff that made the games great wont translate to film...namely the way they PLAY

makes perfect sense to anyone with a basic grasp of English

Blax_Hydralisk

yearofthebat
Please dont tear me a new one for asking this and if it is a duplicate of another please close. BUT, in the wake of that April Fool's trailer for a Legend of Zelda movie I was wondering if someone were to make a film adaptation of the game who would you cast for all the memorable characters and who would you have direct the film?

yearofthebat
My is as follows:

Young Link: Freddie Highmore
Adult Link: Jake Gyllenhal or Orlando Bloom (both would do well)
Young Princess Zelda: Dakota Fanning
Adult Princess Zelda: Scarlett Johansson or Keira Knightley (this is a tough one)
Ganondorf: Jason Isaacs
Impa: Rosario Dawson
Director: Peter Jackson or Guillermo del Toro

Mairuzu
I'd say unknowns

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by yearofthebat
My is as follows:

Adult Princess Zelda: Scarlett Johansson or Keira Knightley (this is a tough one)
Wow, that's perfect!!!

I second that cast list.

chillmeistergen
I wouldn't commission it, let alone cast it.

yearofthebat
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I wouldn't commission it, let alone cast it.

Then why did you bother to even read this thread?

chillmeistergen
Then why did you bother to even read this thread?

It wasn't exactly a huge effort, and I'm also not that narrow minded that I only read about things that I like.

yearofthebat
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I'd say unknowns

why unknowns? wouldnt you agee that the fans deserve more from a movie with that kind of potential than to have it performed by a bunch of nobodies? Sure it worked for 300 but it could also go the way of Dragonball...

Robtard
Do you really want to see Orlando Bloom dressed up as yet another girlish looking elf-boy? Gay.

Robtard
why unknowns? wouldnt you agee that the fans deserve more from a movie with that kind of potential than to have it performed by a bunch of nobodies? Sure it worked for 300 but it could also go the way of Dragonball...

300 was cast with a "bunch of nobodies?"

chillmeistergen

Orlando Bloom was an unknown when he was in Lord Of The Rings.

yearofthebat
Originally posted by Robtard
300 was cast with a "bunch of nobodies?"

well thats why I threw Gyllenhal in there too. and yeah it was, without going to IMDB or something how many of the actors Gerard Butler and Lena Headey aside, did you recognize when you saw them?

yearofthebat
Orlando Bloom was an unknown when he was in Lord Of The Rings.

"was" being the keyword. all Im saying is I dont think it would be a good idea to cast unknowns in what would be the first legit video game movie adaptation.

chillmeistergen
"was" being the keyword. all Im saying is I dont think it would be a good idea to cast unknowns in what would be the first legit video game movie adaptation.

What do you mean 'first legit'? What about Final Fantasy, Hitman etc.?

Robtard
well thats why I threw Gyllenhal in there too. and yeah it was, without going to IMDB or something how many of the actors Gerard Butler and Lena Headey aside, did you recognize when you saw them?

Quite a few, actually. I recognized most of the actors that had at least a bit roll/lines. I have a wide taste in movies though, so that could be it.

yearofthebat
What do you mean 'first legit'? What about Final Fantasy, Hitman etc.?

hitman? get real? and are you referring to the spirits within? Ill give ya that one but hitman?? wasnt impressed.

Robtard
So, if you happened to hate 'The Sound of Music", it would cease to be a musical, or at least a "legit" one?

yearofthebat
So, if you happened to hate 'The Sound of Music", it would cease to be a musical, or at least a "legit" one?

hitman is not a valid video game movie because it sucked. in terms of video game movies it was a piece of shit acting and plot. it was an anti-climatic letdown. its not because i didnt like it its because it wasnt a good movie.

Robtard
hitman is not a valid video game movie because it sucked. in terms of video game movies it was a piece of shit acting and plot. it was an anti-climatic letdown. its not because i didnt like it its because it wasnt a good movie.

Your logic is ridiculously funny.

chillmeistergen

Robtard's right - utterly hilarious.

Leo.M
lol The thriler for this was well made. Kudos to the makers of this. It had me going til I saw the end. ugh

Leo.M
My is as follows:

I like that list.

Syren
Do you really want to see Orlando Bloom dressed up as yet another girlish looking elf-boy? Gay.

*raises hand*

Yep! It's the only time I find him remotely attractive big grin

Micheal_Myers

Mairuzu
ill take a zelda cg movie over a real one

Robtard
Originally posted by Syren
*raises hand*

Yep! It's the only time I find him remotely attractive big grin

So you are bi-curious.

Syren
So you are bi-curious.

You say it like you've figured something out. I've had sexual experiences with both men and women. I'm in a relationship with a man. So whatever that makes me smile

Robtard
Originally posted by Syren
You say it like you've figured something out. I've had sexual experiences with both men and women. I'm in a relationship with a man. So whatever that makes me smile

Bisexually-hot, that's what.

Mairuzu
faint

Blax_Hydralisk
Final Fantasy 7:Advent Children.Though it was CG, it was still a full length video game movie. I would have no quarrels if a Zelda movie was done in CG.

A) Advent Children was based off of a completely different storyline then the game was. It was not "adaptation" in the sense of that it was following the story from the game...

B) Yeah, CGI. Meaning they didn't have to worry about using graphics and mixing CGI and live action, as well as not having to worry about what actors to use to portray characters.

Also Advent Children was a direct to DVD movie if I remember correctly. It probably would have bombed as badly as Final Fantasy: Spirits Within did considering that as far as actual movies go, AC wasn't all that great. It appealed to the gamers who played the game but not to the average movie goers, I.E., the majority of the planet.

Plus... perhaps you guys are forgetting that Link communicates via a series of screams and yelps?

It would not be fun to watch a movie and hear the main character go 'SOOOYYYAAAHHHHHH!!!" every ten seconds... with little subtitles at the bottom...

Syren
Bisexually-hot, that's what.

laughing out loud

Why, thank you.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
A) Advent Children was based off of a completely different storyline then the game was. It was not "adaptation" in the sense of that it was following the story from the game...

B) Yeah, CGI. Meaning they didn't have to worry about using graphics and mixing CGI and live action, as well as not having to worry about what actors to use to portray characters.

Also Advent Children was a direct to DVD movie if I remember correctly. It probably would have bombed as badly as Final Fantasy: Spirits Within did considering that as far as actual movies go, AC wasn't all that great. It appealed to the gamers who played the game but not to the average movie goers, I.E., the majority of the planet.

Plus... perhaps you guys are forgetting that Link communicates via a series of screams and yelps?

It would not be fun to watch a movie and hear the main character go 'SOOOYYYAAAHHHHHH!!!" every ten seconds... with little subtitles at the bottom... dont forget navi going

HEYYYY !!!

LISTEN!!!!

WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

It would not be fun to watch a movie and hear the main character go 'SOOOYYYAAAHHHHHH!!!" every ten seconds... with little subtitles at the bottom...

I'm pretty sure that AC would have done well if released in theaters. The game sold well when it was released and alot of people enjoyed FF VII.

TeenMovies1
i would see it if it existed

H. S. 6
Originally posted by TeenMovies1
i would see it if it existed

Actually, this is a good way of putting it.

LovelyOne
dear god he reminds me of Michael jackson when he's dressed in green

HiddenDestiny
My is as follows:

i wouldnt have jackson as the director, it would turn out too much like LOTR!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.