Pineapple Express

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Starring Seth Rogen and James Franco.

Looks pretty funny.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/pineappleexpress/

SnakeEyes
bump

=Tired Hiker=
Yeah, when I saw the first teaser I thought this would be shit, but this trailer is a lot funnier. I'd like to see it.

ScarletSpeed
Looks good laughing out loud

superchron
There was an advanced screening of it a month ago in my area. I was minute late and they wouldn't let me in. I was really angry cuz I saw Seth Rogen was there also.

Whatever though, looks awesome

SnakeEyes
This movie comes out in less than two months, anyone else pumped?

There've been some good action movies so far this summer, so I'm looking forward to what seems to be a good comedy to mix things up.

Mairuzu
has anyone seen this yet? I heard it was non stop laughs

BruceSkywalker
Total crap. I barely laughed.

Mairuzu
Why so serious?

Phat_Crabs
Iz cant wate ta see dis I so pumpped ans stibb. Dakey some.

Altar[1stONE]
Movies like this can go burn in hell. They are just as bad as the epic movie, disaster movie etc franchise. And james fuc*ing franco, god he looks obnoxious and horrid in that picture. And theres giant billboards of his stupid expression everywhere. I liked him as james dean, but now hes just been reduced to playing a retarded pothead.

Mairuzu
I'll have to wait and see it myself then.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Either that or you have no sense of humor. ermm

Altar[1stONE]
maybe he doesnt have THEIR sense of humor.

Mairuzu
What a shame.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Altar
maybe he doesnt have THEIR sense of humor.

If he didn't have THEIR sense of humor then there would be no point in going, seeing as how this is another Judd Apatow film. A film starring many people from his previous movies, where the humor is the same.

Mairuzu
Story by Judd and Seth

SnakeEyes
Saw this last night, thought it was pretty hilarious. Not my favorite Judd/Seth film, but definitely the best comedy I've seen this year. Anyway, I'm not sure why Bruce Skywalker hated it so much, but Altar is completely wrong, movies like this are not even comparable to Disaster Movie and movies like that.

Anyway, it's worth a watch and should provide some laughs.

Selphie
Ever since I saw the trailer for this, while watching Step Brothers, I cannot stop listening to Paper Planes by M.I.A.

I'll probably see this movie. Not a big one for stoner movies, but looks like it could be fun.

Mairuzu
Not a big fan of stoner movies myself but this one looks good

chillmeistergen

Well, this is coming from a person who couldn't wait to see Death Race, so it's probably cinematic gold.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Phucked Up
Either that or you have no sense of humor. ermm

Oh, I have a sense of humor., but where this film is concerned, it has the same old toilet bowl humor that has been in every Apatow film. It wears very thin very fast and a lot of people will get sick of it and maybe Apatow will change some of way fo thinking.

Phucked Up
Oh, I have a sense of humor., but where this film is concerned, it has the same old toilet bowl humor that has been in every Apatow film. It wears very thin very fast and a lot of people will get sick of it and maybe Apatow will change some of way fo thinking.

AKA...

If he didn't have THEIR sense of humor then there would be no point in going, seeing as how this is another Judd Apatow film. A film starring many people from his previous movies, where the humor is the same.

Mairuzu
Actually it seems to be working still.

Selphie
Wait, is this already out?

chillmeistergen

Toilet bowl humour? Have you been watching the same films as me?

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Selphie
Wait, is this already out?

Comes out this weekend I think.

Mairuzu
No it comes out today, its already out

indiefilmgal
Originally posted by Altar
Movies like this can go burn in hell. They are just as bad as the epic movie, disaster movie etc franchise. And james fuc*ing franco, god he looks obnoxious and horrid in that picture. And theres giant billboards of his stupid expression everywhere. I liked him as james dean, but now hes just been reduced to playing a retarded pothead.

you must have zero friends

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Well, this is coming from a person who couldn't wait to see Death Race, so it's probably cinematic gold.

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Toilet bowl humour? Have you been watching the same films as me?

Well being that this is my opinion. This film is nothing but pure toilet bowl humor which I found hardly not funny. You liked it, thats fine, I didn't,. There is nothing wrong with me not liking this piece of crap and you liking it.

AKA...

Whats up?

Phucked Up
Well being that this is my opinion. This film is nothing but pure toilet bowl humor which I found hardly not funny. You liked it, thats fine, I didn't,. There is nothing wrong with me not liking this piece of crap and you liking it.

Whats up?

I was saying, why did you go see a movie that you knew you weren't going to like? If you don't like the Apatow/Rogan style of humor (which some might classify as toilet humor), why would you go see an Apatow/Rogan movie?

Da Joker
Haven't seen it yet, may try to go see it with my bro if he wants to go or has the money, it looks like it's pretty damn good.

Seth Rogen is funny as hell.

dadudemon
Saw it.

My brother and I laughed our asses off throughout the movie. I especially took great pleasure in Rogan cursing out that weaselly teacher.

And, yes, there is LITERALLY toilet bowl humor in this movie.

I was disappointed at the ending. I was expecting a nice tidying off of loose ends in an intelligent manner. It looked like they were about to do it for a while there and then they made it stupidly unrealistic. Oh well. I could have also done without the recap of the movie at the end, as well.

My brother called this a new form of Cheech and Chong. The typical "weed's cool...here's the adventure".

BruceSkywalker
I was saying, why did you go see a movie that you knew you weren't going to like? If you don't like the Apatow/Rogan style of humor (which some might classify as toilet humor), why would you go see an Apatow/Rogan movie?

Hoping for some laughs which it really didn't provide.

Mairuzu
Well, if you didn't like 40 year old virgin, Knocked up, Forgetting Sarah Marshal, Superbad

what did you expect?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Well, if you didn't like 40 year old virgin, Knocked up, Forgetting Sarah Marshal, Superbad

what did you expect?

I'm getting this feeling that you liked the movie...I can't quite put my finger on it...it feels like a visual cue.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm getting this feeling that you liked the movie...I can't quite put my finger on it...it feels like a visual cue. I love all the movies i posted above, but i haven't seen Pineapple express yet, i'll see it today

im pretty sure ill like it

dadudemon
I love all the movies i posted above, but i haven't seen Pineapple express yet, i'll see it today

im pretty sure ill like it

I don't care who you are...there are parts in the film that you can't help but laugh at. You'll enjoy it. I thought it was funnier than 40 year old virgin....a film that I own.

I've seen all of those other films as well. big grin

Mairuzu
I own every film as well, i'll take your word for it.

dadudemon
I own every film as well, i'll take your word for it.

Even Bruce thought some parts were funny. wink

So when you gonna get your ass to da movie?

Mairuzu
after work. its 1:15 right now, i get out at 4:30

movie starts at 7:20

Phucked Up
Just got back from it. Most hilarious movie I've seen all year. Had me literally laughing out loud most of the way through.

Ahsoka Tano
I saw it and thought it was a lol the whole way. Best comedy since 40 year old virgin for sure.

These guys are golden.

DanZeke25
Just got back from it. Most hilarious movie I've seen all year. Had me literally laughing out loud most of the way through.

Last time I laughed most of the whole movie was Superbad. 13 I don't think this movie will be funnier than Superbad(for me) but it looks really funny and Seth is the man.

dadudemon
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Last time I laughed most of the whole movie was Superbad. 13 I don't think this movie will be funnier than Superbad(for me) but it looks really funny and Seth is the man.

I thought this movie was much funnier than superbad. no expression

fruits
I thought this movie was hilarious, although I personally did like Superbad more.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by dadudemon
I thought this movie was much funnier than superbad. no expression

I'll say it's funnier than Superbad too, and Superbad is hilarious.

=Tired Hiker=
I wish I was still a huge stoner, cuz this looks like it would be a good one to go see baked.

Mairuzu
Was very funny, maybe ill see it again

high ninja

moviebuff1084
Originally posted by DanZeke25

I think this movie was so much better and funnier than Superbad. I just could not get behind Superbad that much. But Pineapple Express was awesome i also loled through the whole movie. I will be seeing this one again.

Checklist418
damnit....I have to see this. I've been so busy recently I haven't had time yet. Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend.

Robtard
Movie was alright, had a few 'haha's' here and there. I do get tired of the rehashed "I'm so stoned..." jokes though. That and the constant latent homosexuality jokes.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Robtard
Movie was alright, had a few 'haha's' here and there. I do get tired of the rehashed "I'm so stoned..." jokes though. That and the constant latent homosexuality jokes.

Oh, another one of those. Maybe I'll wait for the dvd. I just watched Harold and Kumar 2 last night, I'm glad I waited for that one on dvd.

Mairuzu
Harold and Kumar 2 was horrible... horrible...

chillmeistergen
They were both abysmal.

Mairuzu
True

=Tired Hiker=
Yeah, I'll be waiting to rent this. Not going to waste my money to see it in theaters.

Mr Parker
Looks pretty bad,think I'll skip this one.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Yeah, I'll be waiting to rent this. Not going to waste my money to see it in theaters.

Suit yourself, but I've gotta say this movie was far better than Harold and Kumar and not that similar besides the obvious fact that it's about stoners.

HorseShoeKing
I'd have to say this is one of the better comedies of this year, although truthfully thats not saying much being that there has not been that many good comedies in 2008. Heres an interesting tid bit though, there is actually already talks of a cross over movie this and superbad.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Suit yourself, but I've gotta say this movie was far better than Harold and Kumar and not that similar besides the obvious fact that it's about stoners.

I thought Harold and Kumar was an okay movie, nothing special. The thing is, movies like Pineapple Express are not 'must see' movies on the big screen. I'm sure I'll check it out on dvd and I'll most likely enjoy it. I'd rather spend my time seeing more visual movies in the theaters, like Hellboy 2, The Dark Knight, and The Clone Wars . . . movies that are appropriate for a big screen theater with dynamic sound, which I do not have at home.

garblejar
very stoked to see this, gonna watch it tonight. i love all these guys, used to be obsessed with freaks & geeks!

Da Joker
I watched it on my CP with my brother a few nights ago, very funny and entertaining movie.

Menetnashté
Yeah it's my second favorite comedy right behind Anchorman, and that's saying something considering I hate stoner movies, this movie was great and definitely blew superbad out of the water, had me laughing the whole time erm

RedAlertv2
This movie was hilarious.

MightyCelestial
I just saw this.
Good stuff.

MightyCelestial
Not as good as SuperBad or Knocked Up,
but I as far as comedies go,
I enjoyed it very much.

SnakeEyes
This movie comes out on DVD January 6th, I'll most likely pick it up.

Movie tragic
Wasn't that great imo sad

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Movie tragic
Wasn't that great imo sad you're going to die.

how do i know this?

you'll see

Movie tragic
It did have its moments...

Mairuzu
it will be a quick death

SelinaAndBruce
I didn't think it was that funny. Like a couple of things were funny but overall I could have done without it. Tropic Thunder was way funnier IMO

Movie tragic
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Tropic Thunder was way funnier IMO

Agreed big grin

DeVuL
I honestly thought this movie could have been a lot better... then again, I wasn't stone when I watched it... I'm sure it would've been a lot funnier... now don't get me wrong, it had it's moments.. but, all in all... I give it 2.5/5...

who knows... that rating may be subject to change once I view the movie under the influence of something.. wink

DeVuL

starlock
This was the funniest movie i have seen in a while...Great Movie..i loved it!

Howard Beale
Originally posted by DeVuL
It's amazing how different people are.. I personally found Superbad to be a hell of a lot funnier...

again, IMO...

just goes to show, to each their own...

Agreed actually. I thought superbad was more fun, entertaining, funny and relateable.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Howard Beale
Agreed actually. I thought superbad was more fun, entertaining, funny and relateable.

Well of course you could relate to Superbad more. Pineapple Express revolves around two potheads who are on the run from two hitmen and a druglord and ends with a full blown shoot-out. I don't think too many people can relate to that.

Howard Beale
Well of course you could relate to Superbad more. Pineapple Express revolves around two potheads who are on the run from two hitmen and a druglord and ends with a full blown shoot-out. I don't think too many people can relate to that.
yeah fair point, but the rest is till there. I just felt superbad was more enjoyable. Not that pineapple express isn't both funny and entertaining. It's just not Rogens' best work is all. Franco is to be remembered however.

jinXed by JaNx
This movie is a lot fun. I only wish that it didn't take the entire movie for the two to become friends. I think it would have better suited the movie had they been friends from the start but thats a minor gripe for a movie that has a lot of memorable scenes. I loved the end when they were escaping the silo in the midst of the ninja gang war and they kept randomly coming across a weapon stash..., "oh nice" laughing out loud

justinday15
"Whats down there? A rancor?" Priceless

Tommy Jarvis
This movie is always fun to watch.....just wish I could get high and watch it at the same time to enhance the experience.

starlock
Originally posted by justinday15
"Whats down there? A rancor?" Priceless

laughing

crystallake
I was surprised that I actually enjoyed this as much as I did. I normally can't stand James Franco, but this was the first thing since Freaks & Geeks that I've seen him in where I actually liked the guy.

Seth Rogen, on the other hand, has been awesome in just about everything. I've got most of his stuff on DVD, and I can't wait to see Observe and Report when it comes out next month (April 10th) - I don't really understand why, but the guy cracks me up.

omgchos
It was great. and frikin halarious.

Selphie
I been up in here, tryin' to get a motha****in' scholarship!

Absolutely love this movie, I can actually watch it back to back and still enjoy it.

LDHZenkai
it is a wonderful movie. one of the funniest movies truly.

Mantug61
I could not understand at all what was going on in Pineapple Express. It was pretty much just a movie about getting high an staying that way. I ended up falling asleep during it because it was boring.

My Good Old Life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.