The Love Guru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FlappingMangera
trailer

I'm so glad to see Mike Myers in front of the camera again. Loved him in Wayne's World and Austin Powers, and I bet I'll love him in this.

Robtard
This movie looks terrible. It's like a recap of all his old jokes and movie gimmicks. They were (somewhat) funny back in the day, when they were original, but now? Blah.

FlappingMangera
I'm thinking that they saved most of the best material for theaters, plus I saw some other clips in addition to the trailer that show that there's more to the Guru than jokes; there's also a certain quirky, but thought out, ideology to him.
other clips

Personally I'd give Mike Myers the benefit of the doubt. I'm going to keep an eye out for more clips.

Jim Colyer
I am waiting for Austin Powers 4.

FlappingMangera
Figured I'd bump this since it's opening this Friday. I've been noticing a number of TV spots lately, some of which included Jim Gaffigan and Stephen Colbert. I love that Myers has attracted other comedians to the film, and I have a friend out by Chicago who heard that former NHL enforcer Bob Probert has a cameo. I sincerely hope he has a fight scene in this, lol!

Strangelove
I've hardly seen anything in the numerous trailers that even suggests that Myers's character is even a guru. It's just a shitty movie.

Mairuzu
this movie is a sad attempt at being funny

Toku King
I actually think that it looks funny.

BruceSkywalker
The Love Guru looks horrible. Both Alba and Myers seem to be wasting their talent

ariwin
Originally posted by Strangelove
I've hardly seen anything in the numerous trailers that even suggests that Myers's character is even a guru. It's just a shitty movie.

In contemporary terms, 'guru' these days just means 'teacher,' or someone who has followers in that sense. I don't think they're trying to put him in the role of a religious figure or anything.

I saw this review today (http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/?p=5012) that really liked the movie, and says it's both funny and a good date movie... I'm definitely going to see it this weekend! I love Mike Myers, and the trailers are pretty funny.

Plutonic_Hat90
I love Austin Powers but this movie just looks god awful

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Plutonic_Hat90
I love Austin Powers but this movie just looks god awful

ragesRemorse
This movie looks almost as bad as, Zohan.

They really should have just titled this movie, Austin Powers 4

Plutonic_Hat90
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
This movie looks almost as bad as, Zohan.

They really should have just titled this movie, Austin Powers 4

Oh come on, Austin Powers may not be for everybody, but this movie looks like its going beyond the boundaries of stupid humor.

Menetnashté
Oh come on, Austin Powers may not be for everybody, but this movie looks like its going beyond the boundaries of stupid humor.
No this really looks like Austin Powers humor.

ragesRemorse

i wasn't trying to take away from the humor of austin powers, but this looks exactly like the same type of humor that the Austin Powers movies evolved into.

Bardock42
Meh, will probably be decently funny. Nothing great.

MildPossession
It looks absolutely awful.

WrathfulDwarf
I'd rather have a Dr. Evil instead of Austin Powers 4.

Love Guru? looks, silly...but who takes Mike seriously?

badboy7
i've never heard of this..
and excuse me but.. the name doesnt tell us good things about it...

veyron2008
It has been quite a long time since Mike was in front of the cameras. Nice to see him back out there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.