NJO Luke vs Sidious and Vader (both ROTJ)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan 063
Fight takes place in the deth star II throne room.

i would have put in LOTF Luke, but that would have been way to easy.

all three forms of combat:
Saber

Force

all out

Gideon
Actually, in terms of demonstrated martial prowess, Skywalker circa New Jedi Order or Dark Nest is exponentially more impressive than his incarnation in the Legacy of the Force series.

Darth Vader and Darth Sidious, while two very powerful Sith Lords, might not actually be a skilled team. As far as I am aware, subsequently after Revenge of the Sith, the Galactic Emperor retreated to the Imperial Palace for most of the duration of his reign, whereas Vader was assigned to track and kill the remaining Jedi fugitives; it's unlikely that the two sparred and worked out a cohesive pattern as lightsaber combatants. Meanwhile, despite Vader's great physical strength and considerable lightsaber knowledge -- Rise of Darth Vader shows him using a style of combat that uses multiple traits and techniques from all of the seven modes of saber combat -- he can't stand against his son's exponentially greater Force power (which will allow him to compensate for the disparity in strength and allow Luke to move at speeds where Vader most likely can't compare). Likewise, the Galactic Emperor likely hasn't trained in a lightsaber since Revenge of the Sith, and Skywalker's Force power will nullify Sidious's usual speed and agility advantage.

Skywalker wins.

Lt. Valerian
Wasn't Mara Jade trained personally by the Emperor in lightsaber combat?

I'm not sure, but if she was, then the Emperor did train with a lightsaber sometimes.

If you're referring only to training with Darth Vader, however, I withdraw my words.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Wasn't Mara Jade trained personally by the Emperor in lightsaber combat?

I'm not sure, but if she was, then the Emperor did train with a lightsaber sometimes.

If you're referring only to training with Darth Vader, however, I withdraw my words.

The Emperor personally trained Mara Jade Skywalker in Force technique, but I don't know about lightsaber skills. I suppose, unless anything incontrovertible comes along and says otherwise, it's up for debate.

Lt. Valerian
If there is absolutely nothing stating Mara Jade wasn't trained by the Emperor in saber combat, then yes, it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.