Half LIfe: Fall of the Combine (sign up and ideas)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkxbox
would like to ask if anyone would be interested in a half life rp. i havent played the games and would need some help but i am informed to a certain extent. if so, this is what ive thought up so far.

Half Life: Fall of the Combine

The combine is at its final moments and the portal has been destroyed. but what lies under the skin of the earth is what will save us all in the end. the g man has assembled a group of strangers that his... employers, have decided will be necesary in the course of their plan. several people from different sides are to be chosen for this very important assignment. however, he has made it clear that information will not be given until the assignment has begun.

choosable character types include:
vortigaunts (engineer and strong defense)
combine soldiers (strong attack)
rebel soldiers (good defense)
hazard suit person (all around)
us army (fast attack)
gaurd (defense)
metro cop (close quarters)
combine elite (sniper)

you will be allowed to spawn random enemies to fight but only at places where they would actually have any reason to be (meaning no turrets in treasure chests.)

rules:
control your keyboard (and your temper)
no spammingpeople things
no god modding
no spam
ooc is allowed in the rp
if you want to submit story ideas, post them in the sign up and pm me.
only guns from the half life games

darkxbox
crowbar
mp5 (with grenade launcher)
mp7 (with grenade launcher)
monkey wrench
pulse rifle (with energy sphere launcher)
gravity gun
shotgun
pistol
revolver
crossbow
sniper rifle
knife
electric bolts (vortigaunt only)
desert eagle
gauss gun
rail gun
rocket launcher
hand grenade
stun stick (electric billy club)
m16 (with grenade launcher)
saw (squad automatic weapon)

look at your weapon choices

darkxbox
okay guys, will be starting the rp sometime this weekend. post your character and any ideas for the storyline here. i garuntee that if you stop rping for more than a week someone else will be given your char depending on its importance to the current and possible future storylines. try to submit at least one storyline idea that will explain your character. when your char is the main char we will be relying on YOU to make the story so dont give up halfway through. and finally, unless you can explain their presence, make a new char for every storyline. after i accept it. have fun, and finish the combine off. and if someone wants to play the role of the g-man after my introductory post thats is fine with me. just make sure to ask the person making the storyline when you should show up. i will also need someone to help with where the main story starts. so, first idea?

Dan Westfall
Well, seeing as how I'm just like you (I know nothing about Half Life, except for the Head Crabs and the people they turn into zombies), I'll be taking baby steps for now.
Here is my char.

David O' Brien: 35: Likes to push lower ranking soldiers around in the combine when he's bored.

Bio: David O' Brien was recruited as a combine soldier at 33 and has raised up to the rank of Sgt. Major through being one tough cookie. A lot of the other soldiers and staff don't like him, because from time to time, he can be quite a prick. He doesn't like whiners, and if you do complain around him, he'll slap you around. What he does like are sleek cars, some women, and loud ragged noises. Ever since he's joined he's always been posted on gaurd duty of the armory, and since he's gone up in ranks, he is also in charge of lower rank gaurds , which makes his life miserable. He is a very reliable person when it comes to technology and such. Since the Portal has opened, he doesn't give a care in the world, just shooting and taking what he can trying as hard as he needs to.

He carries an MP5, a Desert Eagle, and a Knife

If there are certain armors, I would like a Flak vest, and padding over vital points.

If I left something out, tell me man.

darkxbox
yeah, forgot to put an info site. the combine are actually without personality. they take away all organs that make you eat and take away your personality. you dont get recruited. you are actually taken if you check to the medical specifications and a mind control device is placed in your head. you dont have reproductory organs either.

darkxbox
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

theirs your site for info. i will post my char now.

corporal adrian shepard.
us marines
survivor of the original black mesa incident
age, unknown
was imprisoned by the g-man after the black mesa incident

starting weapons

combat knife
desert eagle
m4 carbine

Dan Westfall
You gots it, I'll switch to a U.S Soldier

David O' Brian: 35: Likes to push lower ranking soldiers around in the army when he's bored.

Bio: David O' Brien was recruited as a U.S. soldier at 33 and has raised up to the rank of Sgt. Major through being one tough cookie. A lot of the other soldiers and staff don't like him, because from time to time, he can be quite a prick. He doesn't like whiners, and if you do complain around him, he'll slap you around. What he does like are sleek cars, some women, and loud ragged noises. Ever since he's joined he's always been posted on gaurd duty of the armory, and since he's gone up in ranks, he is also in charge of lower rank gaurds , which makes his life miserable. He is a very reliable person when it comes to technology and such. Since all these messed up things have been happening, he doesn't give a care in the world, just shooting and taking what he can trying as hard as he needs to.

He carries an M16, a Desert Eagle, and a Knife, aaanndd, the occasional frag. (If okay, I can tone it down, its a working progress)

If there are certain armors, I would like a Flak vest, and padding over vital points. (Or whatever is standard issue I guess.)

There, I have changed my character with the grand ol' abbreviation of the U.S. smile

darkxbox
cool, just figured out something

corporal adrian shepard.
us marines
survivor of the original black mesa incident
age, 42 (yeah, hes old)
was imprisoned by the g-man after the black mesa incident

starting weapons

combat knife
desert eagle
m4 carbine

oh and combine metro cops are still human, so im gonna have one of them too.

david fenta
was a kid when the combine invaded, was saved by them when headcrabs attacked his small town so he joined them as a metro cop when he was old enough. he opted for that job to keep his humanity. when the civilians rebeled, he joined them realising the cruelty of the combine.wears his old uniform but without the mask.

weapons
mp7
9mm pistol
stun stick

Dan Westfall
whoa ur on?

Dan Westfall
im editing like a freak

Dan Westfall
is there an actual chat room on this site, messaging takes a while

Dan Westfall
Im confused now, combine soldiers are bad, and are basically nonmechanical robots, but metro cops are still human, and good, but work with the combine, or are they bad too.

Dan Westfall
Hey, what if we ahve like 2 ppl by this weekend? Will we still play, or wait?

Dan Westfall
Hey, if you need weapons information, you gots a gun dictionary right here, so let me know. I'm clockin.

darkxbox
Originally posted by Dan Westfall
You gots it, I'll switch to a U.S Soldier

David O' Brian: 35: Likes to push lower ranking soldiers around in the army when he's bored.

Bio: David O' Brien was recruited as a U.S. soldier at 33 and has raised up to the rank of Sgt. Major through being one tough cookie. A lot of the other soldiers and staff don't like him, because from time to time, he can be quite a prick. He doesn't like whiners, and if you do complain around him, he'll slap you around. What he does like are sleek cars, some women, and loud ragged noises. Ever since he's joined he's always been posted on gaurd duty of the armory, and since he's gone up in ranks, he is also in charge of lower rank gaurds , which makes his life miserable. He is a very reliable person when it comes to technology and such. Since all these messed up things have been happening, he doesn't give a care in the world, just shooting and taking what he can trying as hard as he needs to.

He carries an M16, a Desert Eagle, and a Knife, aaanndd, the occasional frag. (If okay, I can tone it down, its a working progress)

If there are certain armors, I would like a Flak vest, and padding over vital points. (Or whatever is standard issue I guess.)

There, I have changed my character with the grand ol' abbreviation of the U.S. smile

standard for us military remnants is the powered combat vest
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Powered_Combat_Vest

darkxbox
is there an actual chat room on this site, messaging takes a while
no, put all your messages into one instead of constant messaging

Im confused now, combine soldiers are bad, and are basically nonmechanical robots, but metro cops are still human, and good, but work with the combine, or are they bad too.
no, metro cops are bad too, they just havent chosen to become full combine yet

Hey, what if we ahve like 2 ppl by this weekend? Will we still play, or wait?
no

Hey, if you need weapons information, you gots a gun dictionary right here, so let me know. I'm clockin.
kk

whoa ur on?
have to get off at ten

Matroshka
Name: Von Crossfire
Height: 6'0"
Wieght: 180
Accupation: REBEL SOLDIER
Weapon: AWP Sniper Rifle, Glock Handgun, Nightstick ( later weapons are found)
Story: Von has lived in area 21 for his life. As he sees people dying daily he and a few other have planned to fight back. But he knows the risk. He has loved ones but what could he do ? well protect them. The goverment is corrupt and there for its time to take action.

Matroshka
And this is Von and his crew/friends. DAN POST ONCE UNTIL SOMONE ANWERS YOU. Double posting is not aloud little alone how many times you posted in a row. Not to sound mean but we dont wanna waste any pages that way everyone has a chance to post

darkxbox
by the way, the city we are in is called city 6. one of the few remaining combine cities

unit 275.3-9 p.k.a. harvey daniels
overwatch captain, combine elite
was drafted into the combine at age 26. became part of the overwatch and was transformed into a combine at age 28. has been combine ever since.

carries: revolver, knife, pulse sniper rifle

Dan Westfall
Yeah sorry about that, i've decided to edit a previous post every time i want to say something new.

darkxbox
waitin for jedireaper

Matroshka
dont wait for people , thats how threads never get started

darkxbox
kk, will start tommorow. story ideas?

Dan Westfall
waiting on you to start it off

Jedireaper
Kall Senth

Combine Special Operations Squad (CSOS) Omega (O)

Elite Combine.

Joined the Combine when his parents who were scientists were killed in a fatal accident. Now 26 and is not a full Combine but leads the Combine Special Operations Omega in block 6. (I'm doing my char as a regular Helghast trooper from Killzone. Thats his appearance uniform incuded.)

LSE-Assualt Rife, combat knife, Fragmentation grenades, Grav/Mag-Rail, rapid-fire machine pistol.

(Hope its ok big grin)

darkxbox
well, i guess its okay if your some sort of different squad that isnt full combine. like an emergency voluntary force due to the shortage of troops at the time. you would be armed with a pulse rifle. (much better than the rifle you have.) but you can keep everything else. the only rail gun that was in this games universe was destroyed in the first game, so you wouldnt have that. your gun can shoot high powered, concentrated energy grenades that go straight. (no lob) but have small blast radius.

i need someone to submit a storyline idea. might as well do it now. im still going to do the first one but i want to have an idea of the next storyline. and if you want to suggest for the first one too.

Jedireaper
What is the storyline so far. And whatkind of leaders do the Combine have?

darkxbox
the combine leaders are bassically giant slugs called advisors with claws that suck the fluids from your body to gain your knowledge. gordon freeman is at a rocket launch site with the rebels. a rebel leader was just killed by advisors and the combine are gathering their remaining military to city 15, their force includes, metrocops who have been changed into the emergency military force, and all remaining combine on the planet. if you want to read about it look on http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page and to watch videos type in "half life 2 walkthrough" on youtube. first mission is called point insertion

darkxbox
Originally posted by darkxbox
you would be armed with a pulse rifle. your gun can shoot high powered, concentrated energy grenades that go straight. (no lob) but have small blast radius.

actually, your grenades would have larger blast radius, plus if it runs into someone they are desintegrated, and of course, it bounces around when it hits walls.

Jedireaper
Name: Kall Senth

Ex-Combine Special Operations Squad (CSOS) Omega (O)

Ex-Combine. Rebel squad.

Joined the Combine when his parents who were scientists were killed in a fatal accident. Now 26 and is not a full Combine but leads the Combine Special Operations Omega in block 6 untill he discovered that it was the Combine that killed them. He then went bezerk and killed his original squad members who were full Combine. (I'm doing my char as a regular Helghast trooper from Killzone. Thats his appearance uniform incuded.)

LSE-Assualt Rife, combat knife, Fragmentation grenades, Pulse rifle, rapid-fire machine pistol.

(Hope its better big grin)

darkxbox
what is an lse assault rifle. and uniform would still be combine. half life has nothing to do with killzone.

Jedireaper
I know that but they 'were' a special squad of self thinkers, the uniforms are simular to the Helghans from Killzone, lol, Light Sensitive Electro-particle Assault rifle, and I'm a rebel so my uniform, my unit, my rules, my life. Unless you care to say anything... Timesplitters is a much better game over Half-Life

darkxbox
they wouldnt really have "light sensitive (eyes hurt) electro particle (neuron) aussalt rifles" in half life

Jedireaper
Youl read how it works later.

Dan Westfall
Finally played the actual Half Life 2 game, Combine, though they have no feelings, are total pricks. I can't even understand what they are saying half of the time either.

darkxbox
i rented it from blockbuster. if you use cheat codes, there are certain levels that are easier than others. i skipped 5 levels and played the other 7.

Dan Westfall
Combine Metro Cop-Jason Gregor

Age-27

Bio-Since he was selected to join the Combine because of his interrogative skills, he has been posted in City 6. He has had many encounters with rebelling civilians, and has caught several of them not doin their daily assignments. He has never been one for small talk, and has also decided that he can trust no one but other Combine soldiers. He never likes being relocated to patrol the train station, to many unknowing people have bothered him, and seen him as a play thing. He's always proven them wrong. He has also had several close encounters with head crabs, and their host zombies. None of which have been a nice sight. He often is the one to take control of a situation

Equipment-Pulse Rifle, Fragmentation Grenades, Stun Baton, Pistol, where's the normal Combine MP uniform

Jedireaper
I'll start out with the Combine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.