Do dreams come true?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
I had something that I have been struggling with for a lifetime now and I am still looking for an answer. Does anyone believe that dreams come true? I mean the romantic ones? I have always wanted a beautiful woman to be with me. Throughout time, there were women that I loved but there was always another man to have the favor over me. I have a best friend now, she said that I was family to her. She is practically the woman of my dreams but I'm afraid that it will fall apart to another man. Our friendship has been awesome and I thank God that she is in my life. I don't want to lose her but these men are different from me. I have a pigment disorder called Vitiligo where the pigment of the skin fades away. None of these men have what I have, They are fine like wine and very talented. I try to live with a pure heart. I try my best to be there but it doesn't seem like it is enough. Does any believe dreams can come true? I'm still trying to hold on.

Shakyamunison
Do dreams come true?

No. Dreams are just the controlling part of our brain taking a brake and sleeping.

BruceSkywalker
Dreams do come true. Continue to work hard and good things always happen.

Deja~vu
Shky you're such a pessimist. stick out tongue

I've had dreams that have came true....

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Do dreams come true?

No. Dreams are just the controlling part of our brain taking a brake and sleeping.

Don't say it like it's fact, there's much dispute among professionals as to what the purpose of dreaming is.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Deja~vu
I've had dreams that have came true....
Ah, then I see queen Mab has been with you...

Deja~vu
blink

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by atv2
I had something that I have been struggling with for a lifetime now and I am still looking for an answer. Does anyone believe that dreams come true? I mean the romantic ones? I have always wanted a beautiful woman to be with me. Throughout time, there were women that I loved but there was always another man to have the favor over me. I have a best friend now, she said that I was family to her. She is practically the woman of my dreams but I'm afraid that it will fall apart to another man. Our friendship has been awesome and I thank God that she is in my life. I don't want to lose her but these men are different from me. I have a pigment disorder called Vitiligo where the pigment of the skin fades away. None of these men have what I have, They are fine like wine and very talented. I try to live with a pure heart. I try my best to be there but it doesn't seem like it is enough. Does any believe dreams can come true? I'm still trying to hold on.

I'll put it this way. From my experience dreams can only come true if you make then come true.

Sitting back and hoping that something will happen one day will never result in your dream coming true.

You have to do something about it. You have to be in charge. You have to make it happen yourself. Don't be afraid of rejection. Don't make excuses.

There are people with missing body parts who still find love.

There are midgets and dwarfs who find love as well.

You can't let a disorder stop you from trying. If you sit back there and feel sorry for yourself, nothing is going to happen. Believe me. You just gotta take life by the balls, and try yourself. Let yourself fail a million times, but keep going. Everyone makes mistakes, so don't be afraid.

Just keep looking, keep making acquaintance. Keep meeting women. Sooner or later you will find someone right for you. Even if they aren't right for you, once you get into the habit of dating, sooner or later it won't even be a big deal to you. You might even take it for granted lol.

King Kandy

Deano
life is a dream.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Don't say it like it's fact, there's much dispute among professionals as to what the purpose of dreaming is.

It all depends on what kind of dream you are talking about.

The type you have that drives you to do something is the type of dream that can come true. However, the type of dream you have when you are asleep is what I was talking about. Sure there is a lot we don't know about why we dream, but I don't believe in seeing into the future.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It all depends on what kind of dream you are talking about.

The type you have that drives you to do something is the type of dream that can come true. However, the type of dream you have when you are asleep is what I was talking about. Sure there is a lot we don't know about why we dream, but I don't believe in seeing into the future.

Yes, I know what kind of dream you were talking about.
There are various theories as to why we dream: to deal with life stressors, problem solving, letting our mind recuperate, a random and useless continuation of waking thought, a representation of unconscious desires etc. Every one of those theories has case studies to back them up, the fact that you support one of them is fine, but don't try and pass it off as fact, nothing has been conclusively proven as of yet.

ragesRemorse
it depends how much money you have.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by atv2

If you ask me I would say they will not come true. It is too beautiful and nice saying they will, but it never happened that way. Not to me at least.

But since you're asking and since I like to be logical, I won't say that it is impossible. It is too difficult to support such a statement that "Dreams are impossible to become true".

Dreams may come true but not because you can dream about them. You have to do something.

Another thing is that you must not force yourself to be someone you are not just because you want your dream to be true, even if the only way to get your dream to come true is for you to be that way.

So DO NOT FORCE YOURSELF.... if too much effort is being required from you and it is being to hard... do not try to meet the requirements. We only do that when we are pretending to be someone we are not.

If you something in you is being an obstacle, do not try to eliminate that.
It will not disappear just because you wish it to be gone. You will have to learn to live with that want it or not my friend. evil face

The important thing is... you don't need to eliminate all the "obstacles" to get your dream fulfilled. If you needed, then it would be really impossible to fulfill them.

PS: You can trust what I said above, but do not trust me to giving you any advices about how to do it. I am really not good at it, with a lot of emphasis on the "not".

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Deano
life is a dream. It is!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yes, I know what kind of dream you were talking about.
There are various theories as to why we dream: to deal with life stressors, problem solving, letting our mind recuperate, a random and useless continuation of waking thought, a representation of unconscious desires etc. Every one of those theories has case studies to back them up, the fact that you support one of them is fine, but don't try and pass it off as fact, nothing has been conclusively proven as of yet.

It maybe a little of all of those. I was focusing on the "come true" part, like telling the future. It's not that I'm in favor of one of these things you said over another, but the one I said was the only one I know anything about. Any of those could be true, but not seeing into the future.

appleptree
Good luck man, just stick to your love.

Storm
Looking for certainty out in the world is not the place to begin. The place to look is in your own heart. Choose to believe in your dream, then take action. Rejection is better than regret.

Leo.M
Dreams are just path of roads you can take. They can only give the easy way to see happiness.

You have to make your own dreams come true. The life dreams aren't always great as the ones in your head. but it close enough.

WrathfulDwarf
Yes they do.

I had a dream in which I was having a mushroom pizza with canadian bacon.

Two days later...it became true.

So whoever tells you that dreams don't come true...is an idiot.

Trust me.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yes they do.

I had a dream in which I was having a mushroom pizza with canadian bacon.

Two days later...it became true.

So whoever tells you that dreams don't come true...is an idiot.

Trust me.

Wow! I had that same dream, but I didn't get a pizza. sad Now I feel ripped off.

leonheartmm
it is possible. sumtimes its luck, sumtimes its your own work combined with the level of your motivation. but other times, in spite of everything, thye do not.

on the other hand, for some reason, i dont think simply losing the pigment in your skin is gonna be holding you back in her eyes. just a fealing.

Deja~vu
Usually your dreams are symbolic to what is going on in your life.

ragesRemorse
Usually your dreams are symbolic to what is going on in your life.

how so?

Deja~vu
Here is a cool site that you can look up the symbols of your dreams. I use it all the time.

www.dreammoods.com

If you have hidden thoughts, disires, stress, a problem to solve, it all comes out in most of your dreams. Sometimes what you are exposed to also comes out in your dream too.

ragesRemorse
Here is a cool site that you can look up the symbols of your dreams. I use it all the time.

www.dreammoods.com

If you have hidden thoughts, disires, stress, a problem to solve, it all comes out in most of your dreams. Sometimes what you are exposed to also comes out in your dream too.

thats heavy, you just made me think about my dreams, now im not going to be able to sleep

ScarletSpeed
They don't come true for mesad my life sucks laughing out loud

XJezebelX
Dreams can come true. This doesn't mean that they always will as a rule.

I hope you get the girl, though. And don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you'll find someone who likes you for you. wink

dukemuken
if you dreamt it in your sleep and when you wake up, you try to do the things just like in your dreams. you might be able to make your dream come true.

leonheartmm
yes, my dreams dont come true either. but that isnt any reason to tell others that they wont come true. things may flow differently for them. but it helps to be cautious and always have something to fall back on when they dont. or atleast that is what ive experienced.

Grand_Moff_Gav
When you wish upon a star...dreams come true!

Deja~vu
Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight.....Venus.

angelamia
You have to believe in yourself first and bring self-confidence to any relationship. when you start to doubt yourself is when she will doubt you too. Any dream can come true if you let it.

Eon Blue
Many great things start out as a dream.

Deja~vu
Like me.. happy

HiddenDestiny
i have had flashes of dreams coming to life, almost to the point i knew what people in the room were going to do next! embarrasment

Deja~vu
Dreams are most likely to be impressions lefts on your waking mind. I do believe that there are gifted people that have other such dreams, I for one did have a few some time back. Well la te da..........you really don't understand them if this is the case anyway.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Storm
Rejection is better than regret.

Hellz to the Yeah thumb up

Deja~vu
Oh yeah like the saying goes.

Better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.