MRSA Staph...are we in danger?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackSunshine

chillmeistergen
You'd never heard of it? Have you been living under a rock?

BlackSunshine
I guess so. roll eyes (sarcastic) I didnt know about this type until a few days ago. They said theres 2 or 3 types of Staph.

ragesRemorse
its a conspiracy

BlackSunshine
hows that?

DigiMark007
I think Sunshine works for a pharmaceutical company.

Also, run and hide. We're all clearly doomed.

*runs off to have care-free unprotected bum sex*

McLovin
During this past summer I saw this maybe with 20 -30 people. I work in a MD's office in Wilmington, NC.

I know this is spreading like wild fire all over the southeast.

We treat most with Bactroban.

Never seen any deaths yet, though.

BruceSkywalker

Bardock42
I enjoy to wait until a greater amount of people around me dropped dead. Otherwise it will just be some mad cow or bird flu bullshit again (oh god, oh god we are all gonna die).

And I really liked steak too sad

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by McLovin
During this past summer I saw this maybe with 20 -30 people. I work in a MD's office in Wilmington, NC.

I know this is spreading like wild fire all over the southeast.

We treat most with Bactroban.

Never seen any deaths yet, though.

There was a 13 year old who died from it. I beleive it was in Illinois.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I think Sunshine works for a pharmaceutical company.

Also, run and hide. We're all clearly doomed.

*runs off to have care-free unprotected bum sex*

No, I don't. AAAAAnd you're retarded

Originally posted by Bardock42
I enjoy to wait until a greater amount of people around me dropped dead. Otherwise it will just be some mad cow or bird flu bullshit again (oh god, oh god we are all gonna die).

And I really liked steak too sad

I'm not panicking or anything. I was just suprised when I was watching it and all that not many people knew about this.....I mean I guess I dont watch tv enough.

Syren
I didn't know that much about it, although I know it exists. This thread can only help people have a better understanding which is surely a good thing, right?

jaden101
it's rife in UK hospitals but the number of deaths caused by it are generally minimal

it's a case of reap what you sow though...we use wide range antibiotics like there's no tomorrow because it's easier and cheaper than identifying a particular bacteria and the antibiotic then kills of everything except mutant strains which has a DNA mutation in the active exon where the antibiotic acts upon...that mutant is then essentially free of competition and thus multiplies and all its subsequent copies are resistant

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Syren
I didn't know that much about it, although I know it exists. This thread can only help people have a better understanding which is surely a good thing, right?

of course.

Originally posted by jaden101
it's rife in UK hospitals but the number of deaths caused by it are generally minimal

it's a case of reap what you sow though...we use wide range antibiotics like there's no tomorrow because it's easier and cheaper than identifying a particular bacteria and the antibiotic then kills of everything except mutant strains which has a DNA mutation in the active exon where the antibiotic acts upon...that mutant is then essentially free of competition and thus multiplies and all its subsequent copies are resistant

Apparently this type of Staph is pretty strong because alot of antibitoics don't work. But you do have a point.

Alpha Centauri
I don't get cuts, so I am 100% healthy from everything.

-AC

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't get cuts, so I am 100% healthy from everything.

-AC

Skin to skin contact

dadudemon
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
Skin to skin contact

shifty

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by dadudemon
shifty roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blax_Hydralisk
Are you going to like, post a negative reply for every sex based comment?

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Are you going to like, post a negative reply for every sex based comment?

Are you going to like, be a dork every time you post something? roll eyes (sarcastic) Geez. It's called a frikin joke smart one stick out tongue

Blax_Hydralisk
sad

Didn't have to make me feel so bad... cry

dadudemon
roll eyes (sarcastic)

LOL! You should have known that would happen with a post like that. If I wouldn't have...there were a dozen other perverts that might have.

jaden101

Apparently this type of Staph is pretty strong because alot of antibitoics don't work. But you do have a point.

most MRSA varients are pretty strong because of the problem i mentioned...there is currently a deep clean of all UK hospitals being conducted because the problem is not so much a case of contact from person to person directly but transferal onto equipment and things such as door handles etc...which of course, someone else then uses and then it gets passed on

my mother recently had an operation for bowel cancer and aquired MRSA in hospital in her wound but it wasn't treated with antibiotics...it was treated with a silver dressing on the wound which cleared it up

Impediment
edit.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
sad

Didn't have to make me feel so bad... cry

petpet

Originally posted by dadudemon
LOL! You should have known that would happen with a post like that. If I wouldn't have...there were a dozen other perverts that might have.

Oh...I know a few. And you dont even have to say their names stick out tongue

Originally posted by jaden101
most MRSA varients are pretty strong because of the problem i mentioned...there is currently a deep clean of all UK hospitals being conducted because the problem is not so much a case of contact from person to person directly but transferal onto equipment and things such as door handles etc...which of course, someone else then uses and then it gets passed on

my mother recently had an operation for bowel cancer and aquired MRSA in hospital in her wound but it wasn't treated with antibiotics...it was treated with a silver dressing on the wound which cleared it up

Intresting. So, have you any idea, how the silver was so effective?

jaden101
petpet

Oh...I know a few. And you dont even have to say their names stick out tongue

Intresting. So, have you any idea, how the silver was so effective?

http://www.worldwidewounds.com/2004/november/Thomas/Introducing-Silver-Dressings.html

have a read...apparently honey is now also being used in dressings to fight MRSA without antibiotics

this is the main point from an activity level

Wålshy
i thought MRSA was the way a posh person pronounced the name of the lead singer of 'the smiths'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.