Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious rematch (Anakin already turned)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolfpack86
Since I did the Yoda vs. Sidious rematch, and the majority believed that Yoda would take a rematch with Sidious, it got me curious about this one....

This is Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious in a rematch in the same surroundings, but this time Anakin has already turned, so whether Sidious was "faking" or not won't come into play, who takes it?

1) Sabers

2) Force

3) All Out

Neo_Version 7
1) Mace

2) Sidious

3) Mace - 3/10

Gideon
The result will be the same as in the movie. Sidious will win fairly easily in the Force duel, but he'll lose everywhere else.

Lt. Valerian
1. Actually, I don't believe Sidious was faking at all. Mace was able to defeat him thanks to his mastery of Vapaad and his Shatterpoint ability, not mere luck. I think this fight was an excellent example as to how incredibly effective Vapaad is against dark siders, and how much of a Jedi Master Windu is. He wins.

2. Forcewise, Emperor Palpatine has the edge. He was already the most powerful Sith Lord up to this point. Nuff' said.

3. The result will be the same. Mace's advantages here will, once again, supress Palpatine's Force powers, and he will eventually emerge victorious.

EDIT: Gideon, I posted without realizing you had already given him the answer.

Admiral Akbar
I also believe the fight will end up the same, with Sidious losing. As long as he doesn't put some distance between Mace and himself. If he does then Mace will have trouble countering Sidious' force attacks; this applies to the all out battle of course.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
I also believe the fight will end up the same, with Sidious losing. As long as he doesn't put some distance between Mace and himself. If he does then Mace will have trouble countering Sidious' force attacks; this applies to the all out battle of course.

well the fight wnt be the same.. becuase that fight started off with 4 Jedis.. Sidious simply was forced to engage them in a lightsaber battle to quickly dispose of the other 3.

But if you think about it if its just Sidious vs. Mace from the beginning of the fight, then hows Mace even gna get close to Sidious. With Sidious's powers he could easily keep the fight at a distance.

Notice how when he fought Yoda he also tried to avoid Saber fighting... and it worked, he was able to keep him at a distance most the fight, and then when Yoda jumped near him it was esay to blast his lightsaber out of his hand in that position. Of course fighting in the Senate room probably helped Sidious to try and keep a distance.

Sidious's Force powers are simply too great for Mace to defeat him by himself.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
1. Actually, I don't believe Sidious was faking at all. Mace was able to defeat him thanks to his mastery of Vapaad and his Shatterpoint ability, not mere luck. I think this fight was an excellent example as to how incredibly effective Vapaad is against dark siders, and how much of a Jedi Master Windu is. He wins.

2. Forcewise, Emperor Palpatine has the edge. He was already the most powerful Sith Lord up to this point. Nuff' said.

3. The result will be the same. Mace's advantages here will, once again, supress Palpatine's Force powers, and he will eventually emerge victorious.

EDIT: Gideon, I posted without realizing you had already given him the answer.

1. He didnt fake the lightsaber fight, but he did fake how weak he was with his FL.. Sidious would not have even engaged him in Lightsaber battle if he didnt bring 3 other Jedis with him, all with lightsabers ignited!! I personally even think the Lightsbaer fight could have gone either way... thats how they choreographed that fight.

2. Force Wise Sidious has more than just an edge. Mace cant even absorb/deflect FL without his lightsaber. Dooku has the edge over Mace in a Force Battle. Sidious has much more than an edge.

3. So you really think one on one in an all out fight Mace would always beat the Most Powerful Sith Lord in history. Something Yoda could not do! That means Mace would defeat ANY Sith Lord ever! Including Darth Vader! This would make Mace the most formidable and possibly most powerfu jedi ever, 2nd only to Luke! This is just Mace Fanboyism. Yoda was The Master. Mace was no.2

tauros
Well, according to the movies and Lucas' "smart" statements, yes, Windu could defeat any Sith Lord that has ever lived. When seeing the whole picture, though, he couldn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.