ROTS Yoda vs. ROTS "in the zone" Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolfpack86
This is ROTS Yoda vs. ROTS "in the zone" Anakin, what I mean by "in the zone" is, when Anakin is dueling with Count Dooku and beats him. The setting is the aboard the Invisible Hand, the same room where Anakin kills Dooku. Who takes it?

1) Sabers

2) Force

3) All Out

Neo_Version 7
1) Yoda

2) Yoda

3) Yoda

Admiral Akbar
Well, that was easy.

lol "in the zone" Anakin.

Darth Exodus
I don't know actaully. Yoda was only able to draw with Dooku (arguably) whereas Anakin beat him. I think Anakin might stand a chance against him in Sabers. Also, he just keeps getting stronger the longer a fight lasts. Yoda wins in everything else though.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
I don't know actaully. Yoda was only able to draw with Dooku (arguably) whereas Anakin beat him. I think Anakin might stand a chance against him in Sabers. Also, he just keeps getting stronger the longer a fight lasts. Yoda wins in everything else though.

While this is certainly true, keep in mind that Yoda might be Anakin's worst nightmare in the prequel trilogy in terms of opponents. Size does play a factor, consider his defeat of Count Dooku; Tyranus was a more experienced adversary with decades of combat experience, but was simply unable to stand against Anakin's onslaught -- as you correctly pointed out, both the Revenge of the Sith script and the Ultimate Visual Guide conclude that Anakin's attacks only become more ferocious and powerful as a fight progresses -- Anakin simply became a Force wrecking ball. But also consider that, unlike Dooku or Obi-Wan, Yoda isn't an adult sized combatant and his form relies on kinetic energy and constant motion. Assuming that he gets into such a situation, Yoda possesses the ability to leap around and avoid being blown over like a tree in a hurricane.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Gideon
Yoda possesses the ability to leap around and avoid being blown over like a tree in a hurricane.

Poetry.

But yes. Unless Anakin crouches down whilst dueling with Yoda and remaining that way, I see not win in his future.

Light_Sith
Quick question here.

Is Anakin the only one who has the magical "Zone"?

Or do they all have it?

Or do just some have it?

darthsith19
All have it, I think. Ganner Rhysode was "in teh zone" before he died, I'd say. Luke may have been when Jaina said his lightsaber looked like 20 blades at once.

Darth Exodus
Agreed. But if Yoda try's to block his attacks in mid-air like he did in his Dooku fight then he might be in danger of becoming a green baseball.

BTW its nice to know that I'm not being completely ignored.

Master_Starbuck
Originally posted by darthsith19
All have it, I think. Ganner Rhysode was "in teh zone" before he died, I'd say. Luke may have been when Jaina said his lightsaber looked like 20 blades at once.

That was Luke in The Unifying Force.

darthsith19
Okay.

truejedi
lol, a jedi is "in the zone" when they aren't losing according to the topic post: so that means they definitly win, by the very definition of being in the zone.

Elite Hunter
The "in the zone" that is being referred to is when a jedi/sith is aspecific minds state not if they are on winning streak. The most famous example(only truly known one imo) is obviously Anakin Skywalker

Here are the passages that equate to what many here consider Anakin "in the zone" for the benefit of those who haven't seen it.

gideongarner01

McP
Stover's Anakin > Stover's Yoda, Legends Yoda >= Legends prime Anakin, Canon Yoda > Canon prime Anakin

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by McP
Stover's Anakin > Stover's Yoda, Legends Yoda >= Legends prime Anakin, Canon Yoda > Canon prime Anakin

What canon sources support Canon Yoda > Canon Anakin?

I don't disagree with it, just wondering if it's something new.

McP
That's not much of a prove, but it's suggested in TCW in Yoda's visioin. Canon version of "ROTS in the zone" Anankin stomped Dooku in a similar way, but was stomped by Sidious shortly after. And Yoda fought the same Sidious as equal or with some small advantage.

I guess there are some sources, but I don't remember. Or perhaps I'm wrong. That's possible, since a disney canon is shitty one for me.

relentless1
Yoda = sidious > Anakin

a better duel would be Mace vs Zonakin tbh Yoda would be out of Anakins ability range at this point in his life and for that guy saying that Dooku and Yoda was a draw that's only because Dooku put Ani and Obi in danger for his own escape; had they not been there Yoda would've carved him up

McP
^
Well, hard to tell, depends what kind of source will you use.

If we use Yoda's visioin episode as "what if?", then Yoda ws capable of stalemating Sidious in saber fight and in the Force fight as well. He was also able to tank a huge amount of lightning, while saving Anakin. And at the end, he still stalemated him. He was also capable to block his lightning with his saber effortlessly.

On screen he stalemated him as well in both, sabers and the Force. But if we will use a deleted shots from script (which - unlike ROTS novel - doesn't contradicts ROTS movie), Yoda had a small advantage over Sidious in sabers and all-out.

And for topic:

There is one more thing; if we consider Anakin from Yoda's vision as zone Anakin, then indeed, Yoda takes this. But on the other hand, if it's that version of Anakin which subdued the Son and the Daughter at the same time... well, that seems to be more accurate to what Stover's was thinking.

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Yoda wins. He and Sidious were too powerful for Anakin at this point.

McP
@Darth Power

Well, agree until we are talking about canon. As for Legends, agree until we call him "knightfall" Anakin. But in the ROTS novel Zonakin is pretty much the same person as Mortakin from TCW. And that version/s of Anakin might take both, Yoda and Sidious at once.

Darth Thor
Mortis Anakin was on a completely different level, given he would have just casually force choked any Jedi/Sith he care across including Dooku.

I mean for context, overpowering The Son and Daughter combined is > overpowering Yoda and Sidious combined.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.