Sports Radio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FlappingMangera
Just curious what you all listened to for sports radio.

Anyone else listen to Colin Cowherd's "The Herd" on ESPN radio? I listen to it in the morning online while I work. He usually has some interesting opinions, some I agree with, some I don't, but it's always entertaining. Plus I like his rants on things that are not sports related, like his reviews for movies or pop culture discussions.

How about you?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
Just curious what you all listened to for sports radio.

Anyone else listen to Colin Cowherd's "The Herd" on ESPN radio? I listen to it in the morning online while I work. He usually has some interesting opinions, some I agree with, some I don't, but it's always entertaining. Plus I like his rants on things that are not sports related, like his reviews for movies or pop culture discussions.

How about you?

I listen to his show. I also listen Dan Patrick's show also.

botankus
I listen to Jim Rome. He absolutely seems like the kind of host I would be annoyed with, but I really like the guy. I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that I agree with most of his opinions (and he doesn't straddle the fence by any stretch).

For some reason, I disagree with almost everything Colin Cowherd has to say, including those pop culture and movie snippits. It also may have to do with the fact that he sounds like a whiny water-cooler geek.

Sometimes Rome is a little too wrapped up in the evolution of his own show, but other than that, I like it.

forumcrew
Originally posted by botankus
I listen to Jim Rome. He absolutely seems like the kind of host I would be annoyed with, but I really like the guy. I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that I agree with most of his opinions (and he doesn't straddle the fence by any stretch). For some reason, I disagree with almost everything Colin Cowherd has to say, including those pop culture and movie snippits.

Sometimes Rome is a little too wrapped up in the evolution of his own show, but other than that, I like it.

I couldnt agree with you more. I feel like personally I kind of really dislike Rome but I do like his show. I have not tuned into Cowherd much but from what I have I wasn't a big fan. My favorite is the blitz on sirius nfl radio with Adam Schein & Solomon Wilcots.

FlappingMangera
Has anyone else checked out Mike Tirico's ESPN radio show, too? It's on in the early afternoon (1-3 pm EST), and I'm impressed by some of the guests he gets on the show. About a week ago he had world-renown reporter Martin Bashir on the show, fresh off of his interview with Jose Canseco, and then today he had Peter Gammons. He's in the booth at Augusta this weekend for the Masters, but I think the reason he gets such diverse guests is partly because of his success as a play-by-play guy for multiple sports. I like to listen to it at my desk at work after lunch.

Elite Hunter
I like to listen to Mike and Mike in the Morning and occasionally Mike and the Mad Dog while at the gym because they have their show it on tv aswell as radio.

FlappingMangera
LOL, this is an example of the ridiculous stuff Colin Cowherd does. All next week I'm going to have to hear about how he's such a great hitter:

Colin hits an 80 mph pitch

Actually he didn't seem that full of himself, I liked the remark about A-Rod. laughing out loud

forumcrew
hitting an 80 mph pitch off a machine isnt that hard. Little leaguers can hit major league equivalent to 90+ (i use equivalent because they are closer) and these are little kids. Not to mention he cheated and stood 3 feet behind home plate to give his self more time to get the bat around.

justdecent
Good to see Mussina still dishing out his huge aresenal of pithes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.