A Future in Question- A SCC Fan Fic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jason maddox
Derek had to hold back John as he tried to get outside and he looked to his left and saw Sarah coming back in the room with a couple of weapons. He smiled when she tossed a pistol to him and he caught it, "don't do anything stupid" he said as he released John who just looked out the door. Derek could see the flames outside, he knew Cameron had survived the blast but they weren't like her, they were human and could die and he kept that at the front of his mind as he slid past John and out the door.

Sarah slid a pistol into the back of her pants and kept the other one in her hand, "get packed up John, we have to leave". She took a deep breath and tried to keep her cool when she seen him not moving, "this isn't a debate John so get your stuff" she said as she headed for the door and she saw John dissapear around the corner. She slid out of the door and saw Derek at the edge of the house, "is it ok?"
"It's all clear" he said without lowering his weapon as he looked at the remains of the truck, "why isn't it getting out?"
"She could be destroyed" Sarah said as she walked down and joined him and looked at the remains of the truck.
He shook his head, "they are made to take stuff like that". He then slowly started to move towards the truck when a flurry of gunfire opened up nearly hitting him. He ran and tackled Sarah to the ground and pulled her out of harms way, "I guess we know why she's not getting out".
She looked at the house to make sure John was still inside, "how many are there?"
"Three maybe four, I didn't get a good look" he said as he stood up and fired several shots and dropped back to the ground. "I know if we don't get out of here now they will pin us down and we'll be done.
Sarah nodded in agreement, "let me get John" she said as she headed back into the house and he provided cover fire and she almost took down the door crashing through it as bullets hit abover her head. She hits the kitchen floor hard, they were already getting them pinned down and they had to get out of here now, "John, we have to get moving".
He came around the corner in his usual clothes and a tattered army jacket, "what the hell is going on mom?"
"They're working on pinning us down, we have to leave now" she said as she grabbed him and dragged him into the living room and smashed a chair through a window.
"We can't leave Cameron?" he said as he jumped out and hit the ground hard enough to knock the wind out of him.
"It can take care of itself" Derek said without looking at him as he fired off two shots in the direction of the truck.
Sarah hit the ground right beside him, "they're covering the front of the house".
Derek took a deep breath and shook his head, "give him your other gun Sarah, it's going to take a miracle to get out of here".
"That's not an option" she said as she crawled to her feet and told John to go ahead of him.
John took off and looked behind him and saw his mom and Derek following him and he had to wonder if this is what his life was destined to be because he already hated it.

Agent Ellison looked at Charlie Dixon and back at all the carnage around him, "he wasn't human".
Dixon ran up to him and caught him as he collapsed, "I'm sorry" he whispered as he layed Ellison on the ground and looked around knowing hell had arrived just like Sarah had predicted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.