Mutt? Shia LaBeouf?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
I didn't see this topic on the boards and although its obviously been discussed, it really does deserve its own thread.

So Shia LaBeouf a.k.a that-annoying-kid-you've-seen-about seems to have got into Spielberg's good books and although I was incredibly unconvinced by the fact that Indy would get another sidekick and also the fact that that sidekick would be none other than Shia LaBeouf. As I saw him in Disturbia and Transformers however (both poor) he was actually pretty good, and held the movie together well. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing if he nails it or not.

What does everyone else think?

Admiral Akbar
Yeah I don't mind Shia. I think he's a good actor and deserves to be playing in a movie like Indiana Jones. As long as the movie is Indy-centric and not focusing too much on Mutt I'm fine with that.

Sadako of Girth
As long as the script has more than TFs did for him IEsadWhooooooOOOOAHHHHHHHHHH and Wheyyyyyyyyyahhhhhhhhhhhh being the entirety of his "how to convey that I in danger" range in those) then he should be ok.

queeq
Despite the lame script, I thought Shia did an excellent job in TF. Now let's see him in a pic with a good script and a good director.

HollywoodGurl
hope it more indiana i was wish sean connery would be in it sad

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by queeq
Despite the lame script, I thought Shia did an excellent job in TF. Now let's see him in a pic with a good script and a good director.

OK the script may have been the problem, I accept that...

...that and Michael Bay having directed him too.

I'll reserve my judgement then.

amity75
I watched "Surfs Up" at the weekend with my kids and thoroughly enjoyed it, mainly thanks to the vocal talents of the lead actor who brought an innocent, paranoid, neurotic feel to a very innocent character. And Who was he? Shia Lebouf. I didn't know it was him till I read the DVD cover afterwards. Go Shia and roll on Indy IV. Mark my words one day people will be proud to have had this guy on board KOTCS.

queeq
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
OK the script may have been the problem, I accept that...

...that and Michael Bay having directed him too.

I'll reserve my judgement then.

I thought TF was and unexpected entretaining movie.

exanda kane
It was entertaining in places, but it wasn't consistent; you jump from chuckling to cringing in a matter of seconds.

queeq
True, but on the whole I liked the ride. I really dig the review in Empire where they start explaing the movie story line about a cube, an old man... and after two sentences they say something like... oh hell, forget that, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

ragesRemorse
From what i have seen, he seems to have a natural charisma and a functional acting ability that may grow into a screen presence as he matures. I thought he did a good job in Superman returns, he seemed to make Disturbia work, even though it was a bad movie. Considering all of the other horrible teenage and young adult stars out there. I dont have a problem with him being cast in an Indiana Jones movie. It should have been expected that Indy would have a young side kick in this movie to make up for his age. as long as he is a not to whiny, i'm sure it will work fine

queeq
It seems he'll be a bit serious-Fonzie like.

whiterose
anyone may know how will this Mutt boy be important in the flick?

queeq
Pretty important it seems.

He's a Marlon Brando.

Menetnashté
It seems he'll be a bit serious-Fonzie like.
It is focused around that time era, he's probably a greaser.

queeq
The hat really makes him look like Brando in The Wild One.

Menetnashté
Holy crap, didn't even notice.

queeq
What??? How can you miss that? It's so obvious.

Menetnashté
What??? How can you miss that? It's so obvious.
Well in my defense I haven't seen that movie in several years.

queeq
It's an iconic image.

exanda kane

queeq
laughing out loud

Endrict Nuul
I thought he was great in the movie.

queeq
I look forward to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.