ROTS Mace Windu Vs ANH Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
Who would win?

1.Saber battle
2.Force battle
3.All out

darthsith19
I say Kenobi has a chance with the Force, Windu pwns him in the saber duel, and in the all-out duel Windu wins comfortably.

Darth Exodus
Same here but I say that Kenobi comfortably takes the Force. He was on par with Anakin who would probably wipe his shoes on Windu.

truejedi
out of curiousity, where did the idea originate that Windu is so weak in the force? i mean, we never even see him try to use the force in the movies, and he crushes grievous chest in i think LOE, wasn't it? He also looked pretty good with the force in clone wars, but i have noticed he loses the forces in every dual i've ever seen him in on this forum. So i'm not disagreeing, just wondering where the basis from that came from.

Neo_Version 7
1. Mace
2. Obi
3. Mace

On the contrary, I believe Mace handles the Force quite well and with elegance to boot. Check out how he played with Jango in Geonosis when the bounty hunter tried to reach for the sabre.

laser7455
1.Mace
2.Obi-wan
3.Mace

The big EH
yeah this is a stupid one, your pitting an old senile man against a mid-age saber master. kenobi wins force, loses saber, loses all out intentionally and haunts mace forever

Faunus
Obi-Wan's only four years older than Mace...

darthsith19
^ Lol yeah I was about to say the same thing.

Man of Christ
1) mace
2) mace force crushes ben giving him a heart attack
3) mace

truejedi
Originally posted by Faunus
Obi-Wan's only four years older than Mace...

so mace windu, at his time of death, is supposed to be only 4 years younger than obi in ANH? Alec Guiness sure wasn't the best pick for obi-wan, at least to keep the time scale correct.

Faunus
RotS Mace is 53; ANH Obi-Wan is 57.

Guiness was right for the role at the time, as he was originally supposed to be much older. The PT timeline messed this up.

darthsith19
Yeah it should have been 10 years between AOTC and ROTS, imo this would have made it work, Kenobi would have been 64, Alec Guinness was actually only 63 in ANH so.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by truejedi
out of curiousity, where did the idea originate that Windu is so weak in the force? i mean, we never even see him try to use the force in the movies, and he crushes grievous chest in i think LOE, wasn't it? He also looked pretty good with the force in clone wars, but i have noticed he loses the forces in every dual i've ever seen him in on this forum. So i'm not disagreeing, just wondering where the basis from that came from.

I dnt think its that hes weak with the force but just not as good as Sidious, Dooku or Yoda. They could all deflect Force lightning with their hands, whilst Mace was depending on his lightsaber to deflect it, and even then he was screaming.

Also Obi-Wan must have used some Force power to direct all of Dookus lightning towards his saber, as the Lightning is much more widespread than that thin Saber.. Again Mace wasnt able to do this against Sidious. Though this may be due to Obi-Wans more defensive style.

The clone wars cartoons greatly exaggerated everyones force powers. I mean Mace on his own could take down more droids in the cartoon than him and all the other jedis put together could take in Attack of the Clones! lol!

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by truejedi
so mace windu, at his time of death, is supposed to be only 4 years younger than obi in ANH? Alec Guiness sure wasn't the best pick for obi-wan, at least to keep the time scale correct.

well Mace and Obi-Wan are from different planets, so technically are different species who might age differently. Also being so bored and alone and full of guilt and despair on a planet like Tatooine might have picked up the aging process for poor Obi-Wan.

Still his age shouldnt have weakened him... im sure he must have been practising his force abilities. I mean he had nothing else to do! He should have been more like Count Dooku by this time. Im sure thats how they would have showed him if they had CGI in those days, and not such a limited budget especially for ANH..

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The big EH
yeah this is a stupid one, your pitting an old senile man against a mid-age saber master. kenobi wins force, loses saber, loses all out intentionally and haunts mace forever

Darth Vader saying "your powers are weak old man" was written before George thought to himself these jedis actually improve with age!! Hence a very old Sidious with a walking stick as powerful as ever! and again Count Dooku people... age helped him against his much younger combatants in AOTC! Perhaps Darth was just saying that to intimidate Obi-Wan in ANH.

darthsith19
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Also Obi-Wan must have used some Force power to direct all of Dookus lightning towards his saber, as the Lightning is much more widespread than that thin Saber.. Again Mace wasnt able to do this against Sidious. Though this may be due to Obi-Wans more defensive style.
He wasn't? I remember Mace blocking Sidious's lightning with his saber in ROTS, so doesn't that mean that he was able to direct Sidious's lightning towards his saber. Also take into consideration than Sidious was using lightning with 2 hands and Dooku was only using 1, and Sidious is more powerful than Dooku is.

Elite Hunter
Not to mention that Mace just had enough time to get his saber up since he was a lot closer to sidious than obiwan was to dooku.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by darthsith19
He wasn't? I remember Mace blocking Sidious's lightning with his saber in ROTS, so doesn't that mean that he was able to direct Sidious's lightning towards his saber. Also take into consideration than Sidious was using lightning with 2 hands and Dooku was only using 1, and Sidious is more powerful than Dooku is.

Actually yeah ur probably right... Dooku only used 1 hand and that from a distance as well... Didnt think of that.

Master_Starbuck
1. Mace.
2.Mace.
3.Mace

By ANH We never saw any indication that Kenobi was stronger in the Force than Mace.

Mace has always been stronger than Kenobi, and more knowledgeable as well.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Master_Starbuck
1. Mace.
2.Mace.
3.Mace

By ANH We never saw any indication that Kenobi was stronger in the Force than Mace.

Mace has always been stronger than Kenobi, and more knowledgeable as well.

No indication of Obi-Wans power in ANH??? how about the fact that he was fighting Vader in his prime to almost a stand off????

Mace was only better in the prequels because he was older and more experienced. and Obi-Wan was still the 3rd best jedi on the council after Yoda and Mace... thats why he was sent to face Greivous.

You really think give it another 15-20 years after being the 3rd best on the council, and he still wouldnt even be in ROTS Mace's league????

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Mace was only better in the prequels because he was older and more experienced. and Obi-Wan was still the 3rd best jedi on the council after Yoda and Mace... thats why he was sent to face Greivous.

He was sent to face Grievous because Soresu has a big advantage vs Grievous that other forms would not have. Not because of what you consider his rank in the order. Just because some is older and more experienced doesn't make them more powerful,Dooku had both on Anakin yet he ended up losing both arms and his head.

There is a very good chance that even in 15-20 years that Mace would still hold an advantage. And you have to take into account how powerful Mace was by ROTS anyway. Other than Yoda he was the only one in the galaxy that could have beaten Darth Sidious while Yoda said that Obiwan could not beat Sidious.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
He was sent to face Grievous because Soresu has a big advantage vs Grievous that other forms would not have. Not because of what you consider his rank in the order. Just because some is older and more experienced doesn't make them more powerful,Dooku had both on Anakin yet he ended up losing both arms and his head.

There is a very good chance that even in 15-20 years that Mace would still hold an advantage. And you have to take into account how powerful Mace was by ROTS anyway. Other than Yoda he was the only one in the galaxy that could have beaten Darth Sidious while Yoda said that Obiwan could not beat Sidious.

im not disputing what ur saying.. Soresu is a very formidable fighting form which Obi-Wan is supposedly The Master of.. So I do believe Obi-Wan was the 3rd best fighter on the council after Yoda and Mace(not including Anakin).. they also both counsulted with ObiWan all the time and seemed to appreciate his views above those of other council members..

Anakin was just naturally more powerful than Dooku... Age and expereince do not automatically mean victory when fightin someone naturally more powerful than yourself, but there is not doubt that Jedis and Siths powers do improve over time with practice and experience.

Mace himself was a much more formidable opponent in Episode 3 than he was in Episode 1.. Obi-Wan fromm ROTS was almost as old as the Episode 1 Mace and would have a Much Better chance against that Mace.. Still I do believe an Obi-Wan vs. a Mace of the same age would still probably lose, due to Mace's form 7.. but I think it would be a much closer fight, and that Obi-Wan would at least be in his league.

YousufKhan1212
Mace.

Azronger
Mace stomps

Rockydonovang
not a stomp, but the one who can compete with sids take this pretty decisively

Big Gerald
ANH Obi-Wan > ROTS Obi-Wan > ROTS Anakin > ROTS Dooku > ROTS Mace Windu.

Obi-Wan wins.

EmperorSidious2
Mace in all IMO.

Dispray
Ben all

McP
Hard to tell, really. According to Lucas, which might be out-dated at the moment, Windu should win, since he was a top fighter in the Order in its prime, while Kenobi was just an old man (since younger then Windu as I remember? sic!).

Kenobi, even after his duel with Maul is kinda unknown. He dueled Vader, yes. But so did Ahsoka, on DS nexus. The same Ahsoka was stalemated by Maul in the same place. Vader did better then Maul against her, yes, but not that far better.
Kenobi stomped Maul... but was it a clear demonstration of superior skill? I'm not so sure. Maul was really unstabe during his last days. And it seems to me, that Kenobi stomped him more mentally, then physically.

Still Windu.. perhaps?

chingchangwalla
Mace crushes him

UCanShootMyNova
ANH Kenobi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.