I Got A New Job

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoo
Started today.

I get to play with fire all day long. happy That makes Ken a happy pyro.

I use a high powered torch to cut industrial steel. Feels like I finally have a manly job.

The only downside so far, the molten steel flies through the air and I had a piece go into my protective boots and burn my leg. Caught my pants on fire a bit.

Wålshy
laughing out loud besides getting caught on fire, thats great thumb up

you can finally buy me stuff, get me a ticket to wembley

ScarletSpeed
Congrats on the new job stick out tongue

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Tattoo

The molten steel flies through the air and I had a piece go into my protective boots and burn my leg. Caught my pants on fire a bit.

Coolest...job...ever.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Coolest...job...ever.

And the plus side...I get to bring my iPod and sit down while I do it. I've got a picture on my phone of some of the steel cutting, don't know how good it turned out though.

Piggle Humsy
Started today.

I use a high powered torch to cut industrial steel. Feels like I finally have a manly job.

The only downside so far, the molten steel flies through the air and I had a piece go into my protective boots and burn my leg. Caught my pants on fire a bit.

Don't you already know that you + fire = bad things.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

chillmeistergen
Do you 'work hard, play hard' like the steel workers off The Simpsons.

Tattoo
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Do you 'work hard, play hard' like the steel workers off The Simpsons.

More like 'work moderately, play hard anyways'.

Grinning Goku
More like 'work moderately, play hard anyways'. thumb up

Schecter
congratulations

dadudemon
More like 'work moderately, play hard anyways'.

Chil was calling you gay. no expression laughing Do you remember that episode?

Anyway, that's great! I hear "welding" pays pretty damn well too.

Rogue Jedi
Started today.

The only downside so far, the molten steel flies through the air and I had a piece go into my protective boots and burn my leg. Caught my pants on fire a bit. learn how to weld, work offshore, boocoo $$$.

Tattoo
Originally posted by dadudemon
Chil was calling you gay. no expression laughing Do you remember that episode?

Anyway, that's great! I hear "welding" pays pretty damn well too.

Nope, Simpson's is crap nowadays so I haven't seen it in ages.

Anyways, who knows if I will be going back to work though. erm After resting for a little bit, my bad knee seized up and is now swollen.

TRH
Congrats on the new job,sounds cool.

dadudemon
Anyways, who knows if I will be going back to work though. erm After resting for a little bit, my bad knee seized up and is now swollen.

Damn. Sucks bro.

Have you tried taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin for at least 3 months? I have read in numerous places that that is supposed to help.

WrathfulDwarf
Started today.

Hey man, Congrats!

Hope you make a lotta money. thumb up

Tattoo
Originally posted by dadudemon
Damn. Sucks bro.

Have you tried taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin for at least 3 months? I have read in numerous places that that is supposed to help.

I'm not sure that will help with torn ligaments. ermm

chillmeistergen
Resting it will help, I tore my achilles tendon and tore all the ligaments in my leg about a year ago. With an awful lot of rest and physio therapy, I recovered fully in about 6 months.

Tattoo
Resting it will help, I tore my achilles tendon and tore all the ligaments in my leg about a year ago. With an awful lot of rest and physio therapy, I recovered fully in about 6 months.

Mine has been a year and a half just about...I thought it was healed by December, but working Saturday proved otherwise.

chillmeistergen
Mine has been a year and a half just about...I thought it was healed by December, but working Saturday proved otherwise.

They can be damaged for life if you don't go about the right way of combating it. It's probably worth buying a knee support for when you're working, and when you're not working keeping it elevated.

Tattoo
They can be damaged for life if you don't go about the right way of combating it. It's probably worth buying a knee support for when you're working, and when you're not working keeping it elevated.

I have a knee support already, just hurts like hell after work no matter what.

chillmeistergen
Then it sounds like you probably ought to find a different line of work, at least for a few months. Obviously, it's entirely up to you what you do with your own health, but if it's causing you pain it seems like the sensible thing to do.

Shelbert Lemon
Congrats on the job Ken. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.